[SPOILERS] During the credits... (emotional uplifts / gut punches)

+
I must say, the voicemails that V gets during the credits REALLY sells the emotional beats that each ending is supposed to convey - especially the Aldecaldo and Suicide endings.

I think the most telling ones are the "Romanced Judy" voicemails.
In the Aldecaldo ending, the romanced Judy voicemail is upbeat and happy. She even says as much. There's hope in that small bit of dialogue.
In the Suicide ending, the romanced Judy voicemail is so freaking heart wrenching that I don't know if anyone can listen to it and not feel it.

Also, kudos to Judy's voice actress Carla Tassara. She did such an amazing job.

Anyone else feel those emotional beats during the voicemails?

I loved it. The way Cyberpunk 2077 handled the ending with the epilogue and the voicemails during the credits was genius in my opinion. So much better then the typical beat final mission roll credits ending that most games have. My voicemails where touching, especially from Judy, whom I romanced, and the one from the mayor of NC was creepy as fuk! That dude lost it in my ending lol.

I liked them reels but also hated them

I liked them because i finally got to feel some emotion myself

I hated them because it took till then for me to feel anything for a character

100% - one of my favourite implementations of any rpg is the epilogues from Dragon Age Origin - that really made it feel like you had made a difference in peoples lives (even if not necessarily good). Your choices had weight.

The voice mails are an excellent style of that.

Panam screaming at Johnny that she was going to hunt him down was a brilliant foil to my johnny lives on ending.

I only did one ending just now, the corpo one, where i chose to get back to earth to die, but i don't really understand the messages in the credits, everybody except Hanako messages are like i am on space station? Even Judy goes away (played female V) ? I don't really get it, anyone can enlighten me?

I only did one ending just now, the corpo one, where i chose to get back to earth to die, but i don't really understand the messages in the credits, everybody except Hanako messages are like i am on space station? Even Judy goes away (played female V) ? I don't really get it, anyone can enlighten me?

If I were to wager a guess, the messages are sent to you while you're still up on the station. I'm not sure (and having no luck finding videos of them in that particular ending either). So it is possible going back home you find the people, but if memory serves Judy leaves Night City. Doesn't quite jibe with calling her and her telling you to come home immediately.

I was really hoping for a message from Jackie maybe a message that was meant for V but she didn't open it before or if she was just replaying an old one that would've been a gut punch. Johnny's final words were the biggest gut punch for me I got the happy nomad ending but it's Johnny who I will miss the most.

I also romanced Judy. I figured she got fed up with V not coming back down and couldn't stand the city anymore.
So I imagined my V called Hanako to find out where she was using Arasaka intel or whatever then forced the Arasaka pilot to land her there at gun point. I mean, maybe Hanako will order him to do it and put in a word to NUSA to call off any air defenses, but that's less fun.
Probably called Judy when close to landing, told her about the 6 months to live thing. When Judy asks how she's gonna spend it, V mentions the offer to work for Hanako and the mighty Saburu Arasaka. Judy probably get's pissed but then V asks the pilot what direction they're coming in from and then telling Judy up at the sky in that direction. You can probably imagine what happens then.

I was really hoping for a message from Jackie maybe a message that was meant for V but she didn't open it before or if she was just replaying an old one that would've been a gut punch. Johnny's final words were the biggest gut punch for me I got the happy nomad ending but it's Johnny who I will miss the most.

Goodbye V. And never stop fighting.

Chills, expecially with that music playing...

Top Bottom