[SPOILERS] End-Game And Suspicions About The First DLC

+
Hey so I'm new to these forums and I don't know exactly if this is the right place to post this, but if it is I really want to hear all you thoughts on this, and any insights you might have!

So to start this off, this has heavy spoilers about multiple endings and romance options.

With that being said I have a couple what I think are pretty reasonable assumptions about what the first or at least one of the major expansion pack DLC's will be about. I know the game has only been out for 4 days so I recognize that there's no way to truly know, but based on some foreshadowing in the story and even some little easter eggs I think I have an Idea.

So I think one of the major DLC's will be about trying to save V's life again a second time. Once you finish the game, if you decide to let V live and let Johnny go with Alt, you learn that you only have 6 months to live. This happens regardless of who you decide to complete the last quest with. As long as you don't give the body to Johnny, Kill yourself, or Sell your soul you are stuck w 6 months left to live. We know that V obviously doesn't care when people tell them they're as good as dead, they've cheated death more than once at this point.

Now the reasons why I feel so strongly that this will be the DLC is because of a few subtle and maybe not so subtle hints the game gives you throughout, and especially near/at the end of the game.

Number 1. The ending with Panam and the Nomads. Whether you romance her or if you're a female and romance judy, you leave night city to go to Tucson, Arizona with the nomads. If you romanced Judy you bring her along with you. If you romanced Panam you just leave with her. (IDK about River and Kerry yet). In one of the last dialogue options you say to Panam you are going to figure out how to cure your sickness, and she says that the Aldecaldo's have people in Arizona that have helped their folks out of deep cesspits. Implying that you will be able to indeed find someone out there who can help you out. Obviously this could just be a little glimmer of hope for the player so that they can Imagine that their V doesn't actually die, But I'm gonna get to why I think it's more than that in a sec. Also before you get back in your body, Johnny tells you "Never stop fighting!" Meaning don't just lay down and die after 6 months, try to find a new cure.

Number 2. The ending with Johnny, where you take back your body from Johnny. Personally I took this path the first time, and having romanced Panam, you find her in the shower of your mansion that you now have. Again with 6 months left to live, She's mad that you're not coming with her to Arizona. Anyways y'all get into a little argument, and again there's an option where you can say that this is not the last time you will see each other. Also If you romanced River or Kerry, they show up in the mansion with you before you go to "Crystal Palace". Not sure about Judy on this one.

Finally Number 3. A bit less direct imo but it also still teases us that there will be post end game content in the DLC regarding this new health condition, and also maybe alluding that it will be in Arizona and have a lot to do with Panam and the Nomads. When you finish the game with the Nomads, at the very last scene before you drive off in the tank, you can pick up a whole legendary set-piece of armour in one of the lockers. The thing is, you can't even equip it, because the action is blocked at that point. Idk if it's just a bug at this point, but I don't really think it is, because why would they give you 3 amazing legendary tier pieces of armour right before the literal end of the game?

Another thing that is convincing is if you ever try to drive out of the map, in the badlands it says something like "Turn back, this area is not available... Yet..." Which obviously is pretty heavy foreshadowing that we will get an expansion outside of night city in the future.

The final piece of evidence is kind of small, but it's during Panam's last side quest. Right before you leave her at the new camp, you can say "Too bad this is our last time together" and she responds with, "who say's it has to be our last?". Again idk if this is alluding to the final mission with her, or if it's just some filler line, but after seeing all of this other evidence I feel like it might be a bit more than that.

Anyways, that's all I really got for now. Hope it wasn't too long. Let me know what your thoughts are, if you guys have anymore supporting my theory or evidence that this is absolutely not the case and I'm an idiot lol. I personally hope this is the case and I hope we go to Arizona with Panam, because I'm deeply in love with her and I feel as though we did not get enough content with her and our other romance options like Judy (Who would also be coming with us to Arizona if you romanced her). Only way I see this idea for the DLC being messed up is if you Sold your soul to Arisaka, or if you gave the body back to Johnny. But even with Johnny's story he leaves night city on a bus to who knows where.

TLDR: First or At least one of the major expansions is going to be about us trying to save our own lives again after the main game ending, by going to Arizona and looking for someone who has a cure with the Aldecaldos'.

Reading your post kinda gives me hope for the future of the story. I wrote my own post about the lack of closure in the end for my story. Admittedly I haven't finished the quests with Panam.

I felt demotivated to replay the game, but after reading your post, I might just to experience these little hopeful conversations and hints.

I didn't even know you can end up in a mansion.

To address the game awesome. Better than this old pen and paper player could've imagined.. Just a few things about the story. One wheres the story arch that puts Johnny's consciousness in Yorinabu's body.. lol. No really. Johnny Silverhand running the very corporation he blew up aeons ago??

Glifu

Forum regular
I would love to see that esp. when im hearthbroken after ending main plot, but i doubt that they would leave Night City to move to some Badlands.

Hey so I'm new to these forums and I don't know exactly if this is the right place to post this, but if it is I really want to hear all you thoughts on this, and any insights you might have!

So to start this off, this has heavy spoilers about multiple endings and romance options.

With that being said I have a couple what I think are pretty reasonable assumptions about what the first or at least one of the major expansion pack DLC's will be about. I know the game has only been out for 4 days so I recognize that there's no way to truly know, but based on some foreshadowing in the story and even some little easter eggs I think I have an Idea.

So I think one of the major DLC's will be about trying to save V's life again a second time. Once you finish the game, if you decide to let V live and let Johnny go with Alt, you learn that you only have 6 months to live. This happens regardless of who you decide to complete the last quest with. As long as you don't give the body to Johnny, Kill yourself, or Sell your soul you are stuck w 6 months left to live. We know that V obviously doesn't care when people tell them they're as good as dead, they've cheated death more than once at this point.

Now the reasons why I feel so strongly that this will be the DLC is because of a few subtle and maybe not so subtle hints the game gives you throughout, and especially near/at the end of the game.

Number 1. The ending with Panam and the Nomads. Whether you romance her or if you're a female and romance judy, you leave night city to go to Tucson, Arizona with the nomads. If you romanced Judy you bring her along with you. If you romanced Panam you just leave with her. (IDK about River and Kerry yet). In one of the last dialogue options you say to Panam you are going to figure out how to cure your sickness, and she says that the Aldecaldo's have people in Arizona that have helped their folks out of deep cesspits. Implying that you will be able to indeed find someone out there who can help you out. Obviously this could just be a little glimmer of hope for the player so that they can Imagine that their V doesn't actually die, But I'm gonna get to why I think it's more than that in a sec. Also before you get back in your body, Johnny tells you "Never stop fighting!" Meaning don't just lay down and die after 6 months, try to find a new cure.

Number 2. The ending with Johnny, where you take back your body from Johnny. Personally I took this path the first time, and having romanced Panam, you find her in the shower of your mansion that you now have. Again with 6 months left to live, She's mad that you're not coming with her to Arizona. Anyways y'all get into a little argument, and again there's an option where you can say that this is not the last time you will see each other. Also If you romanced River or Kerry, they show up in the mansion with you before you go to "Crystal Palace". Not sure about Judy on this one.

Finally Number 3. A bit less direct imo but it also still teases us that there will be post end game content in the DLC regarding this new health condition, and also maybe alluding that it will be in Arizona and have a lot to do with Panam and the Nomads. When you finish the game with the Nomads, at the very last scene before you drive off in the tank, you can pick up a whole legendary set-piece of armour in one of the lockers. The thing is, you can't even equip it, because the action is blocked at that point. Idk if it's just a bug at this point, but I don't really think it is, because why would they give you 3 amazing legendary tier pieces of armour right before the literal end of the game?

Another thing that is convincing is if you ever try to drive out of the map, in the badlands it says something like "Turn back, this area is not available... Yet..." Which obviously is pretty heavy foreshadowing that we will get an expansion outside of night city in the future.

The final piece of evidence is kind of small, but it's during Panam's last side quest. Right before you leave her at the new camp, you can say "Too bad this is our last time together" and she responds with, "who say's it has to be our last?". Again idk if this is alluding to the final mission with her, or if it's just some filler line, but after seeing all of this other evidence I feel like it might be a bit more than that.

Anyways, that's all I really got for now. Hope it wasn't too long. Let me know what your thoughts are, if you guys have anymore supporting my theory or evidence that this is absolutely not the case and I'm an idiot lol. I personally hope this is the case and I hope we go to Arizona with Panam, because I'm deeply in love with her and I feel as though we did not get enough content with her and our other romance options like Judy (Who would also be coming with us to Arizona if you romanced her). Only way I see this idea for the DLC being messed up is if you Sold your soul to Arisaka, or if you gave the body back to Johnny. But even with Johnny's story he leaves night city on a bus to who knows where.

TLDR: First or At least one of the major expansions is going to be about us trying to save our own lives again after the main game ending, by going to Arizona and looking for someone who has a cure with the Aldecaldos'.

V is the most lively and interesting character of all the games I've played recent years, he makes stupid mistakes, and then gives all his strength to survive, he climbs to the top, he is not interested in what's going on in the world, he only cares about his own life and the lives of his loved ones, he is my character from a game I've ever played, really good to stand in his place, to understand how he feels, the ending struck to the heart, not in the same game was not so painful, because again stand in the place of the protagonist, I liked to watch all the endings, they are all very soulful and make it clear what will happen to the character next.
If V gives up, then he dies on the roof, trusts the life of johnny, then also life is waiting for him not the most pleasant, because he could not show perseverance, hopes for the Corporation, now nothing depends on him. And my favorite is when V takes things into his own hands and accepts help from people dear to him, he learns to cope himself and stops climbing above his head. In the ending with the nomads, you made it clear that V finally took his fate into his own hands, he lets go of the past, leaves Night city where he wanted to become a legend, Johnny tells him before leaving that he would fight to the end and never give up, he gives communication to the panamanians that they will find a way to help him, finds his love(depends on the player's choice) and becomes finally free, in the credits you show how happy he and other characters are with him and Misty with their cards, and 6 months that sound like a sentence, so please cdprred continue this line, show the reverse side of 2077, not only the city, but also the wasteland of the future, Joni is certainly a good character, but I, like many players, fell in love with the main character and not because you created him yourself, but because you live these days in his body
Give V another chance at a happy ending, he deserves it
SAVE V!!!!
sorry for the language, it's a translator

I would love to see that esp. when im hearthbroken after ending main plot, but i doubt that they would leave Night City to move to some Badlands.
I mean I think it's possible. The Witcher 3 had 1 expansion that expanded the already existing map and one that added a whole new area completely. If my guess is right then we would probably be going to a whole new place. because the aldecaldos mention they are going to Tucson. Tucson is a city, so it could still keep the vibe of the game, but also surrounded by badlands. My other guess is, during "The Sun" ending of the game, V takes one final job and he goes to Crystal Palace, which is some space station for the rich. Kerry mentions wanting to play a gig up there, and the credits roll as you see V closing in on the station in a space suit. I think this is also going to be a DLC (probably the final one because V says its his last mission). So all in all 2 major expansions that will either completely give us new areas, or 1 that will gives a new area (Crystal Palace) and one that will expand the map (Badlands and Aldecaldo's/Panam)
Post automatically merged:

Reading your post kinda gives me hope for the future of the story. I wrote my own post about the lack of closure in the end for my story. Admittedly I haven't finished the quests with Panam.

I felt demotivated to replay the game, but after reading your post, I might just to experience these little hopeful conversations and hints.

I didn't even know you can end up in a mansion.
I'm gonna start my canon playthrough next week. I loved the ending with Panam if you romanced her, but I still also feel like they didn't give her or any of the other key characters (Your Romance options) enough screen time. As soon as things started to get good with them it all ends. Which leaves much to be desired and like you said, provides a lack of closure. It feels as though they meant to go in deeper with the romance options, but cut like 66% of the content with them or something. I'm hoping that these DLC's fix that!
Post automatically merged:

Don't do it... Don't give me hope.
Lmao I know I'm giving myself hope too... Hopefully we don't get let down with broken hearts though :LOL:

Last edited:
That is the biggest plot-hole of this game!

The whole point about you dying in 6 months feels so shoe-horned and contrived that it becomes ridiculous. The plot has to go out of its way to pull out some contrived bullshit reason you have to die -- "no compatible phenotype" etc..

Hello? Didn't we have Johnny in our heads for the whole story and his chip was perfectly fine with changing you for Johnny?
V and Johnny are different beasts entirely so don't give me this shit about types not being compatible and that it wouldn't work.

Furthermore Relic's are becoming advertised as something that is possible and from what we see in the game it is, so why wouldn't it work for V makes zero sense.

It's just set up so you have to get a sad ending because "it's cyberpunk" but it really feels convoluted for the sake of having a sad ending.

I do not mind sad endings but this does not feel earned.

Its possible, but then what happens to the other 6 endings? specially the 2 where you die before the final mission.

Its possible, but then what happens to the other 6 endings? specially the 2 where you die before the final mission.
Well I think if you take the Suicide route then that would obviously be it. There wouldn't be any post game content and you would miss out on the DLC's if you choose that route. I don't think they would really worry about that. In probably my fav game of all time Dragon Age Origins, you can also have an ending where you die. All the DLC in that game takes place after the final original mission, obviously if you died in the main story you don't get to use your character for that DLC, but it does allow you to create a new one.

As for the the other ending (I'm assuming you're talking about selling your soul?) If you save Goro's life then you can ask him right before you leave to sell your soul if you will ever see him again, and he says "I'm sure of it". Other than that, if you choose to save yourself whether you go w arasaka, panam or rogue, you go back to earth, night city or arizona w 6 months to live. If you pick Johnny Silverhand though, you leave Night City on a bus, but who knows where the bus is going, it could be going to Arizona. Or he could end up hearing about what's going down there and decide to see for himself.

I think no matter what ending you choose (Except suicide obviously) there could be a good reason to go to arizona, but especially if you are dying.

I don't think any DLC's will be expanding on the main story as we've played it. Firstly because if different endings and different canon for different playthroughs. Second because we have never seen it happen like that in big RPG's like this where you get to go back to the world before the finale happened. I mostly look at Mass Effect for examples on that front.

I would love it though. I really want to save my V. I adore her.

I don't think any DLC's will be expanding on the main story as we've played it. Firstly because if different endings and different canon for different playthroughs. Second because we have never seen it happen like that in big RPG's like this where you get to go back to the world before the finale happened. I mostly look at Mass Effect for examples on that front.

I would love it though. I really want to save my V. I adore her.
I mean Dragon Age Origins did it. That game had more than a few endings. There were multiple DLC's that took place right after the main story and if your character died, you could make a new one for the DLC. And based on what happened throughout your game and the choices you made, the characters and story of the DLC (especially Awakening and Witch Hunt) acted accordingly

V is the most lively and interesting character of all the games I've played recent years, he makes stupid mistakes, and then gives all his strength to survive, he climbs to the top, he is not interested in what's going on in the world, he only cares about his own life and the lives of his loved ones, he is my character from a game I've ever played, really good to stand in his place, to understand how he feels, the ending struck to the heart, not in the same game was not so painful, because again stand in the place of the protagonist, I liked to watch all the endings, they are all very soulful and make it clear what will happen to the character next.
If V gives up, then he dies on the roof, trusts the life of johnny, then also life is waiting for him not the most pleasant, because he could not show perseverance, hopes for the Corporation, now nothing depends on him. And my favorite is when V takes things into his own hands and accepts help from people dear to him, he learns to cope himself and stops climbing above his head. In the ending with the nomads, you made it clear that V finally took his fate into his own hands, he lets go of the past, leaves Night city where he wanted to become a legend, Johnny tells him before leaving that he would fight to the end and never give up, he gives communication to the panamanians that they will find a way to help him, finds his love(depends on the player's choice) and becomes finally free, in the credits you show how happy he and other characters are with him and Misty with their cards, and 6 months that sound like a sentence, so please cdprred continue this line, show the reverse side of 2077, not only the city, but also the wasteland of the future, Joni is certainly a good character, but I, like many players, fell in love with the main character and not because you created him yourself, but because you live these days in his body
Give V another chance at a happy ending, he deserves it
SAVE V!!!!
sorry for the language, it's a translator

I agree, CDPR needs to make this the "cannon" ending to this game and build on it from there, as much as I like the different endings in w3 I really don't think that will really work here. In most of the endings V ends up dead, but I get the feeling in the nomad ending V is still sick, but actively getting better. V wont be the same person they were before, but they will be better.

Top Bottom