[SPOILERS] End-Game And Suspicions About The First DLC

+
While some people wnated a happy ending, the main reason for the backlash were due to 2 things.
1st was illogical aspcets of the ending, like why my team leaves me behind after a few hours they told me that they will stay with me no matter what. Also the motivation for the Reaper action was kind of wierd as you could prove them wrong during the geth quarian missions.
2nd was the fact that they reduced a whole trilogy worth a decision making to one final decision, which lead to a one minute cutscene with 3 different colors esentially.
I think non of this is true about CP2077 as you have endings which can be significantly different, and that is why we only see a few people complaining about it.

This is the part where I strongly disagree with the folks around here. Just because you want to interpret certain parts of the ending in a negative way, that does not mean that is the only way. To me the Nomat ending is quite positive, even if still bittersweet on some level.

but we're not here to say that we don't like the endings.
we are here to know where the dlc will take us and when because in gathering the details everything shows a dlc after the end or a game no matter there will be a sequel if they want it and if they can.
I agree with you all the endings are not bad and you have to take a step back to understand it.

and I would like to add that no matter the end in all cases people die V or the other characters we only limit losses on one side or the other and even if no one dies they all end up taking a different route.

Last edited:
but we're not here to say that we don't like the endings.
we are here to know where the dlc will take us and when because in gathering the details everything shows a dlc after the end or a game no matter there will be a sequel if they want it and if they can.
I agree with you all the endings are not bad and you have to take a step back to understand it.
Yeah, I was mostly referring to another veeery long thread. Should have been more clear about that, sry.

I know but I had to clarify it and in any case the story of V is not over.
I really think so too. I'd honestly be a little shocked if they didn't add a post game DLC, whether that be in space or w the nomads idk. However the way the set up all the endings (Despite what some people on here are saying) all point towards there not only being hope for V to survive, but evidence that V will be needed in future events (especially with Arasaka and Rogue endings).

i do think they need to expand V`s Story , i think i heard them saying vs story is completed and further dlcs will not expand them. Which i think is very confusing. I thought the whole plot of v dieing and he sharing his body will be over, so u will be ready for a new story dlc, but now they kinda have to pick up with the ending in order to make a great dlc.
Otherwise they ether have to introduce a completely new character, or give us side content dlc before u finish the main story.
Both would be bad for a main dlc imo. New character would mean u couldnt experince vs story and get ADDITIONAL things to do, and side content prior to the MQ is also bad . This game already suffers from a pace problem, you shouldnt go around buy cars make side jobs if ur live is on the line. So any big story DLC that takes place before the ending wouldnt make any sense, unless it opens up a new route to approach the end.

In regards to your post about arizona, dlc content could also Start in space , for any of the endings.
One ending literally stops right before u enter a space station, for people who went with the nomads that could mean they start somwehere in the badlands, about to give up hope for a cure and spending your last month happy with Judy /panam and then get a misterious message for one job, were u mind find the tech that will cure you or expand your lifetime. I mean its space, could be tech or alien dna or whatever.

And i dont think a huge new area will be introduced with one of the early dlcs, so going to space ,could be the starting mission were you then find something etc, pp enabling you to go back to NC after the main story, do sidequest and explore new dlc content.

I'd like to see what's behind the Black wall. Choosing to go with Al has potential in my opinion.

Hello, So I finished the game yesterday at 4 am.. lots of thoughts, I had to open up the forums and see what is up, after reading more than 40 pages of the ending thread and this I feel like I had to share my thoughts so thanks for that :) And breakdown what I am seeing fused with my opinion.

Playing as 'myself' , male V forming relationship with Panam, I got "good" ( more on this later) ending after more than 60 hours ingame time and I am not gonna lie the whole game made me tear up sometimes and the story was very gripping allthroughout , so good job on that! defintely top 5 game for me along with Witcher series and Mass effect series. Soon I looked up all the other endings and I have to say I am a tiny bit dissapointed for the lack of better word. Pretty much all others apart from Nomad are pretty depressing and hopeless, which is what majority of people feel. Again I am going to bring up what I am seeing althrough the forum - just because it's "cyberpunk" does not mean we cannot have a halfway decent ending for ourselfes, yes I know NC eats people alive and chews them up but we are not ordinary people are we, not after Dex.

Why do I consider the nomad ending 'good' ? Because its the only one that offers a tiny bit of hope even if you only got 6 months to accomplish it ( finding a cure ) or atleast fighting for it as Johnny says when you enter the well.

I would be all up for a continuation DLC specially given the Nomad ending , bit biased on this regardless because I dont like prequels etc. because again like many people said what is the point of the extra backstory and etc. when we already know the end of the story? Same thing goes with any extra missions before ACT 3 UNLESS it ties back to the ending/ or gives us some ability to influence it better. Whatever happens DLC's( more like Expansions) need to have an effect on the story either ability to change it OR better post main game story either in Palace or Arizona/road to south ,which does not need to be limited to the map extension only as with writing we could easily return to NC for certain missions or objectives, - people who say Cyberpunk is NC only.. but it really isnt it was we wouldnt have badlands currently either.

About V/V engram discussion - I dont really mind playing as V engram as some people call it I consider that as V who survived. What is a soul anyway? Isnt it mind, personality, and memories that defines that ? which is exactly what was "put" back into your body after Arasaka tower, its exactly the same you regardless if you were "copied" or not. The bigger issue in my opinion is figuring out how not to die AGAIN, with no coming back this time.

Romances - It is quite obvious that the main romance choices are Judy and Panam. Others are there to satisfy or make everyone happy and I see no issues with that and if people STILL feel something is off why didnt we see that with Witcher :). It feels great and all and engaging with the missions and little messages between the calls, so I like that was expanded upon from Witcher like they said they would however it is still not quite perfect, it is very good UNTIL you complete all the missions relating to the person then its like you hit a brick wall, until the ending ofcourse which is better than nothing but.. yeah. Why not allow us to call them say for a gig , hell even add an RNG and/or lockouts to the call so you cant always call them if the story does not "allow" them to be away from their families, job or whatever , you get what I mean, this is just a rough example, if you dont like it , just read the first part :)

People saying it would be very hard to bring all(most) endings and specially romances to a continuation expansion - Gotta disagree. Remember how empty and lifeless Witcher 3 was after the story and fans complained? Blood and Wine rectified that, it remembered your romance choice for one and stuff you did in the story, the whole ending of B&W was fan service after CDPR listening and I liked that , we need some of that here for sure. Just remember that this whole engine and specially witcher was made to be played from sequel to sequel carrying your save over and choices actually mattered( thats why playing Witcher and Mass effect in series was one of the best video gaming experiences for sure and I will never forget them) so it is defo not impossible.

Regarding the gamestar article CDP saying the game is done story wise and no story continued expansion - I very much hope that is not the case and was reffering to the base game story being complete from writing standpoint , not cut up for future expansions ON purpose. If cyberpunk 2077 wont have a post story or sequel I would be very dissapointed indeed. People saying they should just "abandon" it and stuff , nah you cannot do that. This is their IP , them mentioning how they 'lost' fans trust in the recent conference call , they need to continue cyberpunk and provide fan service thats the only sure way of getting some if it back , not by abandoning and making a separate game such as Witcher 4. That would only really mean that they are reliant on Witcher "copyright" to stand out which is never a good outlook for a company. Cmon CDPR you can do this.
Look what is happening to Mass effect ( not sure how much to "spoil" here ) but the recent teaser for the new ME shows that they are very likely to choose a canon ending and continue upon Shepard or story of what happend, he IS Mass effect as Andromeda clearly showed( and no I dont mean technically , just generally I played Andromeda, and I liked it however it was not the same feeling as Shepard's ME). They needed 8 years to realise that it seems even if its mainly a new team and ideas -however many OG devs returned specifically to work on this new game soo anyway, lets return to Cyberpunk :)

All in all, why do I think a continuation is possible ? Well given the many teasers - area not available..yet. - hints etc. , endings pointing to V being alive in some form, I truly hope and feel like we have not seen the last of V. Second its much easier to develop a blood & wine style expansion than make a sequel or etc. with new chars, new story, new engine framework etc. and could come within the next 2 years for sure, do I believe its going to be first dlc? hell nah. That is prolly space station stuff or something else , but I hope its coming. If not I assume player retention after people finish the story is going to be pretty bad, but that is for their internal statistics to see :) just remember its not about CCU. If anything a ~6000 post, 300 page thread about the game after 13 days does not faze you or someone here who brings it up to management, then I dont know what to say :) it really shows people care about this game, and how can we not after so many years! PS I also would agree with people saying MP is not really needed, I'd rather much delay MP even more to 2024 if needed to gives us a more fledged out story and content :)

Thank you very much anybody/everyone who reads this post/rant/thoughts , this will help me move on until further experiences are available. Here's to a better 2021!

DLC will be this:

Morgan Blackhand will show up. He will stand by "V" corpse and make "BIOCHIP" out of "V"
so after you finish a game you start creating new character but you will implant new character with "V" biochip xD

ahhaha joking guys sorry :D

Great pos
Hello, So I finished the game yesterday at 4 am.. lots of thoughts, I had to open up the forums and see what is up, after reading more than 40 pages of the ending thread and this I feel like I had to share my thoughts so thanks for that :) And breakdown what I am seeing fused with my opinion.

Playing as 'myself' , male V forming relationship with Panam, I got "good" ( more on this later) ending after more than 60 hours ingame time and I am not gonna lie the whole game made me tear up sometimes and the story was very gripping allthroughout , so good job on that! defintely top 5 game for me along with Witcher series and Mass effect series. Soon I looked up all the other endings and I have to say I am a tiny bit dissapointed for the lack of better word. Pretty much all others apart from Nomad are pretty depressing and hopeless, which is what majority of people feel. Again I am going to bring up what I am seeing althrough the forum - just because it's "cyberpunk" does not mean we cannot have a halfway decent ending for ourselfes, yes I know NC eats people alive and chews them up but we are not ordinary people are we, not after Dex.

Why do I consider the nomad ending 'good' ? Because its the only one that offers a tiny bit of hope even if you only got 6 months to accomplish it ( finding a cure ) or atleast fighting for it as Johnny says when you enter the well.

I would be all up for a continuation DLC specially given the Nomad ending , bit biased on this regardless because I dont like prequels etc. because again like many people said what is the point of the extra backstory and etc. when we already know the end of the story? Same thing goes with any extra missions before ACT 3 UNLESS it ties back to the ending/ or gives us some ability to influence it better. Whatever happens DLC's( more like Expansions) need to have an effect on the story either ability to change it OR better post main game story either in Palace or Arizona/road to south ,which does not need to be limited to the map extension only as with writing we could easily return to NC for certain missions or objectives, - people who say Cyberpunk is NC only.. but it really isnt it was we wouldnt have badlands currently either.

About V/V engram discussion - I dont really mind playing as V engram as some people call it I consider that as V who survived. What is a soul anyway? Isnt it mind, personality, and memories that defines that ? which is exactly what was "put" back into your body after Arasaka tower, its exactly the same you regardless if you were "copied" or not. The bigger issue in my opinion is figuring out how not to die AGAIN, with no coming back this time.

Romances - It is quite obvious that the main romance choices are Judy and Panam. Others are there to satisfy or make everyone happy and I see no issues with that and if people STILL feel something is off why didnt we see that with Witcher :). It feels great and all and engaging with the missions and little messages between the calls, so I like that was expanded upon from Witcher like they said they would however it is still not quite perfect, it is very good UNTIL you complete all the missions relating to the person then its like you hit a brick wall, until the ending ofcourse which is better than nothing but.. yeah. Why not allow us to call them say for a gig , hell even add an RNG and/or lockouts to the call so you cant always call them if the story does not "allow" them to be away from their families, job or whatever , you get what I mean, this is just a rough example, if you dont like it , just read the first part :)

People saying it would be very hard to bring all(most) endings and specially romances to a continuation expansion - Gotta disagree. Remember how empty and lifeless Witcher 3 was after the story and fans complained? Blood and Wine rectified that, it remembered your romance choice for one and stuff you did in the story, the whole ending of B&W was fan service after CDPR listening and I liked that , we need some of that here for sure. Just remember that this whole engine and specially witcher was made to be played from sequel to sequel carrying your save over and choices actually mattered( thats why playing Witcher and Mass effect in series was one of the best video gaming experiences for sure and I will never forget them) so it is defo not impossible.

Regarding the gamestar article CDP saying the game is done story wise and no story continued expansion - I very much hope that is not the case and was reffering to the base game story being complete from writing standpoint , not cut up for future expansions ON purpose. If cyberpunk 2077 wont have a post story or sequel I would be very dissapointed indeed. People saying they should just "abandon" it and stuff , nah you cannot do that. This is their IP , them mentioning how they 'lost' fans trust in the recent conference call , they need to continue cyberpunk and provide fan service thats the only sure way of getting some if it back , not by abandoning and making a separate game such as Witcher 4. That would only really mean that they are reliant on Witcher "copyright" to stand out which is never a good outlook for a company. Cmon CDPR you can do this.
Look what is happening to Mass effect ( not sure how much to "spoil" here ) but the recent teaser for the new ME shows that they are very likely to choose a canon ending and continue upon Shepard or story of what happend, he IS Mass effect as Andromeda clearly showed( and no I dont mean technically , just generally I played Andromeda, and I liked it however it was not the same feeling as Shepard's ME). They needed 8 years to realise that it seems even if its mainly a new team and ideas -however many OG devs returned specifically to work on this new game soo anyway, lets return to Cyberpunk :)

All in all, why do I think a continuation is possible ? Well given the many teasers - area not available..yet. - hints etc. , endings pointing to V being alive in some form, I truly hope and feel like we have not seen the last of V. Second its much easier to develop a blood & wine style expansion than make a sequel or etc. with new chars, new story, new engine framework etc. and could come within the next 2 years for sure, do I believe its going to be first dlc? hell nah. That is prolly space station stuff or something else , but I hope its coming. If not I assume player retention after people finish the story is going to be pretty bad, but that is for their internal statistics to see :) just remember its not about CCU. If anything a ~6000 post, 300 page thread about the game after 13 days does not faze you or someone here who brings it up to management, then I dont know what to say :) it really shows people care about this game, and how can we not after so many years! PS I also would agree with people saying MP is not really needed, I'd rather much delay MP even more to 2024 if needed to gives us a more fledged out story and content :)

Thank you very much anybody/everyone who reads this post/rant/thoughts , this will help me move on until further experiences are available. Here's to a better 2021!
Great Post! I couldnt agree more with the point about people feeling they should abandon the game. Why would they ever do this? Easy answer is that they would never in a million years do it. They have a decade of marketing, development, casting, writing, and what ever else comes with developing a new IP invested into creating this game. Almost every single Bethesda game that comes out is completely fucking broken (excuse the language), Mass Effect is infamous for its glitches especially in the recent release, Battlefront 2 (2017), No Mans Sky, Assassins' Creed (more so the recent games), Batman Arkham Knight, and the list will keep going and going. These games weren't given up on and people consider some of these titles to be the best games they've ever played. If a developer somehow were to read this theres one thing I want to say: Never give up on your work and there's always light at the end of the tunnel, and history has shown if you keep moving forward you will reach it. This game has the potential to be a top 10 RPG of all time don't give up!

Great pos

Great Post! I couldnt agree more with the point about people feeling they should abandon the game. Why would they ever do this? Easy answer is that they would never in a million years do it. They have a decade of marketing, development, casting, writing, and what ever else comes with developing a new IP invested into creating this game. Almost every single Bethesda game that comes out is completely fucking broken (excuse the language), Mass Effect is infamous for its glitches especially in the recent release, Battlefront 2 (2017), No Mans Sky, Assassins' Creed (more so the recent games), Batman Arkham Knight, and the list will keep going and going. These games weren't given up on and people consider some of these titles to be the best games they've ever played. If a developer somehow were to read this theres one thing I want to say: Never give up on your work and there's always light at the end of the tunnel, and history has shown if you keep moving forward you will reach it. This game has the potential to be a top 10 RPG of all time don't give up!
You are right except calling CP2077 a great RPG. It is great action-adventure story game xD

This is a really great post, thank you! I think I agree with everything you've said here hahaha. Based on what I've seen in the game and all the HEAVY foreshadowing it does the closer you get to the end that the story will continue, and even due to all the back-lash CDPR is getting from fans upset by the ending. I would be SHOCKED, honestly flabbergasted if they didn't make a post game DLC and as I've said before, this is coming from someone who was fine with the way the game ended I felt it was pretty poetic and in the case of the ending with Panam, pretty heartwarming as well (we all gotta die one day, at least V lives out his last days happily and surrounded by loved ones).

Only thing I'm scared about them not doing, is not giving anymore content to the current romance options (especially Panam). I have hope they will add a lot more content, especially if we go to Arizona with her and Judy, but there's always that chance they will just skip over it and we will go to space instead and not get anymore content with our romanced characters. So PLEASE CDPR! I'm begging you! You have made some amazing characters, please give us more of them!!!!!!!

This is a really great post, thank you! I think I agree with everything you've said here hahaha. Based on what I've seen in the game and all the HEAVY foreshadowing it does the closer you get to the end that the story will continue, and even due to all the back-lash CDPR is getting from fans upset by the ending. I would be SHOCKED, honestly flabbergasted if they didn't make a post game DLC and as I've said before, this is coming from someone who was fine with the way the game ended I felt it was pretty poetic and in the case of the ending with Panam, pretty heartwarming as well (we all gotta die one day, at least V lives out his last days happily and surrounded by loved ones).

Only thing I'm scared about them not doing, is not giving anymore content to the current romance options (especially Panam). I have hope they will add a lot more content, especially if we go to Arizona with her and Judy, but there's always that chance they will just skip over it and we will go to space instead and not get anymore content with our romanced characters. So PLEASE CDPR! I'm begging you! You have made some amazing characters, please give us more of them!!!!!!!
Thank you. Honestly I wasnt even referring the Nomad ending as best cause of the romance , but because it is the only one that straight up says "look there MIGHT be people outside NC who could help, might be a chance for you, specially after many people signed up to give you the chance to live. I've seen people say the romance + Rogue ending is best( in the case of male V), but I just classify as good, as she still leaves without you( cant speak for other romances here), but hell even the teasing is there with "we will see eachother someday" just before going to Crystal Palace, so not all lost on that part either - reffering to 2nd part of your post.

At this point I believe that the first major expansion will have something do with Palace, and Blue Eyes, it simply boils down to community not believing that V's story is over with either dead, dead in cyberspace, or dead in 6 months no matter which ending or romances you chose. I guess well see after February.

Another thing I forgot to mention with witcher ,is that there the DLC's couldnt move the story 'forward' because the endings were closed , goal accomplished and STILL they gave us fan service with Blood & Wine ( because according to some dates it might actually be post main event but you can still start it before coz certain reasons) , that is why I got hope.

I'll be around watching the ending discussion grow day to day, I am curious how big it will be in February :D

Johnny in Body - V with Alt
Johnny unknown (maybe Mikoshi) - V in Mikoshi - Body gone
Johnny with Alt - V Attacking Space Station (Making sure it wasn't all for nothing)
Johnny with Alt - V with Nomads (Searching for solution to death)
Johnny unknown (maybe Mikoshi) - V heading back down to Earth
Johnny, V and Body - Dead and buried.

Even if I haven't missed any combos - you can't write your way to a uniform post ending DLC without completely undoing those and that is even before you factor in the variable levels of relationships with other characters.

That leaves two options if they do a post DLC - undo all choices and endings for one clean slate (not suitable as it will annoy people more) - create a variable end game that factors all of those things and is expensive to make and either SUPER Expensive or cheaps out on branching.

No-one has ever done post game content like that for obvious reasons....and in this case they shouldn't.

They're better off expanding upon the endings we've got, add additional ones, maybe bring in more of the existing characters, and focus on DLC that enhances the game world. Most players never finish the games they play - but they certainly remember the main course.

Thanks for the response, but I just don't see why they can't write themselves out of this. The hardest would be the two body gone endings, although its still possible to write themselves out of those endings as well, but I agree it is unlikely that they will try. In all other endings, whether V is in Mikoshi or in their body, I can absolutely see how they could very, very easily write themselves into a uniform DLC post-ending story that makes perfect sense and keep pretty much everyone happy. V finds a solution, or Johnny works to give V their body back (intro missions to DLC maybe), all connected through the mysterious character. Simple.

Regarding the gamestar article CDP saying the game is done story wise and no story continued expansion

This is a thing? Can you link this for us? If this is true, then I am very worried.

Last edited:
Thank you. Honestly I wasnt even referring the Nomad ending as best cause of the romance , but because it is the only one that straight up says "look there MIGHT be people outside NC who could help, might be a chance for you, specially after many people signed up to give you the chance to live. I've seen people say the romance + Rogue ending is best( in the case of male V), but I just classify as good, as she still leaves without you( cant speak for other romances here), but hell even the teasing is there with "we will see eachother someday" just before going to Crystal Palace, so not all lost on that part either - reffering to 2nd part of your post.

At this point I believe that the first major expansion will have something do with Palace, and Blue Eyes, it simply boils down to community not believing that V's story is over with either dead, dead in cyberspace, or dead in 6 months no matter which ending or romances you chose. I guess well see after February.

Another thing I forgot to mention with witcher ,is that there the DLC's couldnt move the story 'forward' because the endings were closed , goal accomplished and STILL they gave us fan service with Blood & Wine ( because according to some dates it might actually be post main event but you can still start it before coz certain reasons) , that is why I got hope.

I'll be around watching the ending discussion grow day to day, I am curious how big it will be in February :D
Nomad ending is the only one where Misty pulls out positive tarot cards in the credits so i think that if they decide to pick a canon ending nomad one is gonna be their pick.
Also i think that Poststory DLC's are the only one possible, But B&W kind would be hard to do. The problem is that everyone wants to know what happens to V right after the game ending. V have only 6 months and we want to know how will he/she find a cure. I think that making an expansion that would take place 2/3 years after the action of the game without letting us know how V managed to survive, or letting us know by a few Dialogue lines would be bad. But i have an idea, maybe stupid

So we would have theB&W dlc as the last one released, it would be a giant epilogue, Some kind of saying goodbye to V after all this hours spent with him. It would contain things like building your own house(you would upgrade it like the winery from B&W and fill it up with things like paintings etc) and the house would include romance option, If u picked Judy u would live with her etc. Only 2 possibilities because Judy and Panam are the main Romanceable characters. It would fix the issue of relationships that are not too deep in this game(After last mission with judy all she does is texting u a few messages that are pretty cute because Judy shows her love to V in them, but that's all unfortunately :( ) I don't know where would it take place etc.Also i don't know what the main story idea in it would be, its just a rough idea

Also we would have 1 dlc that would focus on V's survival. It would be the first expansion to be released. In this Dlc we would cure our V, it would also be the one where all the endings are put together. It would be easier to make next dlc's like The B&W one i talked before. In this dlc We would Cure our V and open way to another dlc's.V is a great character and i think that we shouldn't see the main game and ALL expansions focused on V's survival.

Also i think that this game will have more expansions than witcher 3 because cp2077 sold in 13 millions copies in 2 weeks(including all the refunds) and the witcher 3 sold 28 million copies through it entire lifetime(2015-2020). So it took cp2077 2 weeks to achieve almost half of what witcher 3 achieved in 5 years. So we may see 3/4 expansions. We're told that the multiplayer will release after all the story dlc's.
Post automatically merged:

This is a thing? Can you link this for us? If this is true, then I am very worried.
It is not. CDPR said that they are going to release multiplayer but AFTER all the story expansions. So the story will be expanded for 100%.

Last edited:
Nomad ending is the only one where Misty pulls out positive tarot cards in the credits so i think that if they decide to pick a canon ending nomad one is gonna be their pick.
Also i think that Poststory DLC's are the only one possible, But B&W kind would be hard to do. The problem is that everyone wants to know what happens to V right after the game ending. V have only 6 months and we want to know how will he/she find a cure. I think that making an expansion that would take place 2/3 years after the action of the game without letting us know how V managed to survive, or letting us know by a few Dialogue lines would be bad. But i have an idea, maybe stupid

So we would have theB&W dlc as the last one released, it would be a giant epilogue, Some kind of saying goodbye to V after all this hours spent with him. It would contain things like building your own house(you would upgrade it like the winery from B&W and fill it up with things like paintings etc) and the house would include romance option, If u picked Judy u would live with her etc. Only 2 possibilities because Judy and Panam are the main Romanceable characters. It would fix the issue of relationships that are not too deep in this game(After last mission with judy all she does is texting u a few messages that are pretty cute because Judy shows her love to V in them, but that's all unfortunately :( ) I don't know where would it take place etc.Also i don't know what the main story idea in it would be, its just a rough idea

Also we would have 1 dlc that would focus on V's survival. It would be the first expansion to be released. In this Dlc we would cure our V, it would also be the one where all the endings are put together. It would be easier to make next dlc's like The B&W one i talked before. In this dlc We would Cure our V and open way to another dlc's.V is a great character and i think that we shouldn't see the main game and ALL expansions focused on V's survival.

Also i think that this game will have more expansions than witcher 3 because cp2077 sold in 13 millions copies in 2 weeks(including all the refunds) and the witcher 3 sold 28 million copies through it entire lifetime(2015-2020). So it took cp2077 2 weeks to achieve almost half of what witcher 3 achieved in 5 years. So we may see 3/4 expansions. We're told that the multiplayer will release after all the story dlc's.

It is not. CDPR said that they are going to release multiplayer but AFTER all the story expansions. So the story will be expanded for 100%.
I hope this game has more than 2 big expansions tbh, I can see them going a lot of different directions with the story and despite the criticism the game has been receiving, like you said, it has actually been a massive success.

I think it would make sense for them to split up the expansions how you mentioned though. Maybe give us the save V's life expansion first, and the next one would be something akin to B&W where we finally settle down with our romance option, or by ourselves if we wish. Maybe continuing to be a merc or living a new life completely.

I hope this game has more than 2 big expansions tbh, I can see them going a lot of different directions with the story and despite the criticism the game has been receiving, like you said, it has actually been a massive success.

I think it would make sense for them to split up the expansions how you mentioned though. Maybe give us the save V's life expansion first, and the next one would be something akin to B&W where we finally settle down with our romance option, or by ourselves if we wish. Maybe continuing to be a merc or living a new life completely.
I think that the main critisism is about Game technical state, everyone i know who managed to complete the game is amazed about it. They made one of the best stories i have ever seen in video games tbh. Like i said before, there are only a few games that can make me cry, and this is one of them. I think that when they fix the bugs and ps4/xboxone version of the game it will easily achieve 2021 best game award.

my guess for the first dlc is a data pack to complete the rest of the world. in the giant trash dump there is a crashed trash barge next to the first dam it blocks you off trying to get near it and the area around the stadium the building is low detailed and you can run through them.
photomode_25122020_002741.png

Also for those of you whom are worried about Cyberpunk not getting major future DLC because of the bad launch and refunds. Cyberpunk did extremely good selling 13 million copies despite all of its problems. This will likely increase significantly once everything is fixed and its backup in digital stores. I would say that they made around $350-500 million in profit so that's one fear we can push aside for now. At least for those of you who had it or still do have it.

Last edited:
Also for those of you whom are worried about Cyberpunk not getting major future DLC because of the bad launch and refunds. Cyberpunk did extremely good selling 13 million copies despite all of its problems. This will likely increase significantly once everything is fixed and its backup in digital stores. I would say that they made around $350-500 million in profit so that's one fear we can push aside for now. At least for those of you who had it or still do have it.
Indeed that was one of my major concern at first before they released the early stats, that they would back off the post launch roadmap a bit coz of repercussion but looks like that wont be the case, 13 million copies AFTER refunds is great, shows again that even with bugs, etc. , writing questions people care. A lot.

Let me find the article, here it is, in german. https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/cyberpunk-2077-dlc-addon,3361195.html

• Cyberpunk 2077 will get DLC after release.
  • There should be at least as many DLCs as for The Witcher 3.
  • Some content is free and some will cost money.
  • - The developers emphasize that the story of the main game is complete. -
  • The first DLCs for Cyberpunk 2077 will be available in early 2021.
  • Witcher goodies can already be activated at release.
  • The multiplayer will also appear afterwards.
These are the main points.

I played as a straight male V with Nomad beginnings and to be honest my relationship with Takemura, Judy and River felt more real and engaging then the romance with Panam. I hope the DLC is not tied to Panam, at least not as a love interest unless she grows as a character. I wouldn't mind exploring what's in Cyberspace/behind Blackwall with Al and see that tied into NC somehow.

Indeed that was one of my major concern at first before they released the early stats, that they would back off the post launch roadmap a bit coz of repercussion but looks like that wont be the case, 13 million copies AFTER refunds is great, shows again that even with bugs, etc. , writing questions people care. A lot.

Let me find the article, here it is, in german. https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/cyberpunk-2077-dlc-addon,3361195.html

• Cyberpunk 2077 will get DLC after release.
  • There should be at least as many DLCs as for The Witcher 3.
  • Some content is free and some will cost money.
  • - The developers emphasize that the story of the main game is complete. -
  • The first DLCs for Cyberpunk 2077 will be available in early 2021.
  • Witcher goodies can already be activated at release.
  • The multiplayer will also appear afterwards.
These are the main points.
Yeah it says right here in the article .....quote " Die Addons füllen also keine kritischen Cliffhanger-Lücken auf, sondern sind zusätzliche, optionale Geschichten - so Alvin Liu von CD Projekt RED. " (translations---The addon's will not fill in critical Cliffhanger gaps but are going to be additional optional Stories - according to Alvin Liu of CD Project Red). Guess that means V's story is finished as is? unless I am miss-understanding this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom