[SPOILERS] End-Game And Suspicions About The First DLC

+
I think Johnny's arc is finished. I can't see him coming back in the expansions. But I wouldn't mind being proven wrong.

I feel like what is going to happen will be similar in structure to Witcher 3's release cycle. Johnny will be included in the mid-game DLC where you investigate some other potential lead. It's woven seamlessly into Act 2 in the same manner as Ghost Town, Automatic Love, and Down on the Street. Totally optional like Heart of Stone but it's just a fun, meaty expansion to play around in. Throw in a bunch of the free DLC and new game plus and you have content to hold people over for a long while.

Second expansion we go out with a bang: Space heist. The answer to V's neural breakdown is dangled in front of him like a carrot and Mr. Blue Eyes is holding the stick. The story is more personal now. The place is a giant resort in space. Freeside from Neuromancer. The rich-person's paradise from Elysium. Deep Space 9 on steroids.

You enter the Crystal Palace and run around a new yet relatively contained open area. Who do you run into during your search for the data? None other than Morgan Blackhand himself. He went dark after the 2023 Arasaka incident, and has been working for the NUSA. They are investigating MBE and the organization that he represents. The threat he poses extends beyond Nightcity's borders. You team up and return to Nightcity and the plot thickens. Sandra Dorsett shows up and her involvement with Nightcorp becomes more clear.

You investigate more leads in Nightcity and it becomes apparent MBE is up to no good. When his acolytes raided Arasaka for tech they forgot to mention they chucked ol' Adam Smasher into a pickup truck and hauled him out. He's got blue eyes now and he's standing between you and the answers you need. An epic fight ensues and everything goes black.

You hear a faint melody pick up but it's familiar. You've heard this tune before. You open up your eyes and you're in a cart traveling down the road to some castle. The guy next to you is gagged for some reason, and the other guy says something about storms, cloaks, and dragons - bunch of nonsense. You hear Judy's voice crackle in over the audio: "Pretty great game, huh? This guy named Todd kept porting this game around and managed to get a BD made for it."

I think Johnny's arc is finished. I can't see him coming back in the expansions. But I wouldn't mind being proven wrong.
I agree, Johnny would make sense only if we see morgan blackhand and smasher dlc, maybe some throwbacks using BD's or the fact that V has access to silverhands memories(in that way we force this dlc/expansion to be midgame). But i think it's too complicated work, we know that blackhand died after the 2023 arasaka tower events. Everybody who were in the group were found and killed by Arasaka, only Rogue survived by having a deal with them. So maybe it would be a big arc between rogue and Johnny(using V's body) just chilling and recalling memories for some reason(it could be anything xd). But to make it happen the voicelines and motion capture must be already made. As i said Keanu is starring in many movies and making him come over to studio again might be hard. Anyway i wouldn't like to see full expansion focusing on Silverhand and his old buddies at least not now. I will happily see it as a free dlc but not as a paid expansion. This game is great and it deserves better ending- for me it's what they should be focused on now. i do not believe they are gonna leave this cliffhangers the way they are existing now. I haven't felt that kind of disappointment for a while(i think that re3 remake was a big disappointment because of campaign that was only 4 hours long for 60$ price xd but this is other kind of disappointment) where i seek for more and i just can't find it :/ in w3 after the ending of main story i was tired the game was so fucking long. Here i feel the opposite, the game was too short for me, on normal difficulty it took me 55 hours to max out the map even from hidden quests(like the one with free motorbike) what tbh is pretty short for an rpg game .

This is what had me fooled also.

Leaving aside the masterful interpretation of Kanu, I found the interludes with him very interesting. I don't know how it should have been, but the version they chose is very endearing and nice

Last edited:
I feel like what is going to happen will be similar in structure to Witcher 3's release cycle. Johnny will be included in the mid-game DLC where you investigate some other potential lead. It's woven seamlessly into Act 2 in the same manner as Ghost Town, Automatic Love, and Down on the Street. Totally optional like Heart of Stone but it's just a fun, meaty expansion to play around in. Throw in a bunch of the free DLC and new game plus and you have content to hold people over for a long while.

Second expansion we go out with a bang: Space heist. The answer to V's neural breakdown is dangled in front of him like a carrot and Mr. Blue Eyes is holding the stick. The story is more personal now. The place is a giant resort in space. Freeside from Neuromancer. The rich-person's paradise from Elysium. Deep Space 9 on steroids.

You enter the Crystal Palace and run around a new yet relatively contained open area. Who do you run into during your search for the data? None other than Morgan Blackhand himself. He went dark after the 2023 Arasaka incident, and has been working for the NUSA. They are investigating MBE and the organization that he represents. The threat he poses extends beyond Nightcity's borders. You team up and return to Nightcity and the plot thickens. Sandra Dorsett shows up and her involvement with Nightcorp becomes more clear.

You investigate more leads in Nightcity and it becomes apparent MBE is up to no good. When his acolytes raided Arasaka for tech they forgot to mention they chucked ol' Adam Smasher into a pickup truck and hauled him out. He's got blue eyes now and he's standing between you and the answers you need. An epic fight ensues and everything goes black.

You hear a faint melody pick up but it's familiar. You've heard this tune before. You open up your eyes and you're in a cart traveling down the road to some castle. The guy next to you is gagged for some reason, and the other guy says something about storms, cloaks, and dragons - bunch of nonsense. You hear Judy's voice crackle in over the audio: "Pretty great game, huh? This guy named Todd kept porting this game around and managed to get a BD made for it."
"Damn Todd Howard, he did it again"

hey did you see the reddit developer interview post?

If the info is reliable ...
The game was meant to be a lot more shortcuts the campaign versus the witcher was wrong.

That full of quest, buildings, sector of NC was deleted because a manager did not want them.

and that the campaign was shortened due to a bug that prevented progress and nearly 10,000 lines of dialogue deleted.

The game was supposed to be much more important as I imagined it will be thanked the direction which does not listen to the developers!

I accepted my ending. I just want to see how they build on it :shrug:
What makes you think they are going to build on YOUR ending or any ending for that matter? I chose suicide and I hope they can build on that

What makes you think they are going to build on YOUR ending or any ending for that matter? I chose suicide and I hope they can build on that

Where did I claim that they're building on my ending exclusively?

We've already discussed in this thread how multiple endings can be branched into a singular path.

Where did I claim that they're building on my ending exclusively?

We've already discussed in this thread how multiple endings can be branched into a singular path.
Where did I say that they would be building on your ending "exclusively"?

Just because you discussed it, it doesn't mean that it's what's going to end up happening

I hope so, this "press silence" situation is starting to bother me
I think that they are gonna say more at january patch reveal. But yeah it's too quiet. In first 2 weeks there were a ton of messages about the fact that they are sorry about game state and now nothing :/ tomorrow is workfree day in poland so maybe at the end of the week we will see something?

hopefully. Media are also coming back from the holidays this or next week and maybe they will pick up on the unrest in the community.

Yep, CDPR have many problems around cp2077 and they have to fix this if they want their "proconsumer" title back.
1. bringing back cut content
2. fixing bugs/glitches
3. repairing ps4/xbox one versions of the game( that may be hard decision but i think they will abandon them completely)
4.Doing anything about the endings(expansion or at least some highlights about what happened to V- did he die after 6 months etc)
5. releasing good priceworthy expansions that will make majority of community happy
6.it's a issue with CDPR not cp2077- Start being honest about game state and generally more info for the fans-this game have strong community that wants more(roadmaps, basic things that we can expect from expansions- what they will talk about etc also more info about the cut content, for me they have to release statement about this and just promise us to bring back cut out things as free dlc's, If they are gonna make us pay for cut content then they will become another EA where you have to pay for content that was already in game before release(look at the sims series xd)

I hope so, this "press silence" situation is starting to bother me

Just think it over what they have to handle.
It's mainly a multi-level management hurdle. What need to be done, what are the priorities, what kind of milestones have to made and what timeframe can be set to them.
After that they can make statements about the future...
Post automatically merged:

1. bringing back cut content

Why do can't accept there is a needed software development management decision making about what can and can't be done in the avaiable timeframe?

So thing probably can be brought back, I expect the car customization and the barber shop for example.
But many things likely have to be cut for the good...

4.Doing anything about the endings(expansion or at least some highlights about what happened to V- did he die after 6 months etc)

Why? I'm actually applaud the maturity of the game in this regard.
It's dark. Some endings have had closed actually (I try to use the spoiler tag, but don't work, so perhaps you know which one I try to point out).
So I'm actually good with the current endings. The Cyberpunk 2020-2077 world not about the happy and glorious endings. That's the main point! Do not try to ruin this...

Last edited:
Just think it over what they have to handle.
It's mainly a multi-level management hurdle. What need to be done, what are the priorities, what kind of milestones have to made and what timeframe can be set to them.
After that they can make statements about the future...
Post automatically merged:

Why do can't accept there is a needed software development management decision making about what can and can't be done in the avaiable timeframe?

So thing probably can be brought back, I expect the car customization and the barber shop for example.
But many things likely have to be cut for the good...

It's dark. Some endings have had closed actually (I try to use the spoiler tag, but don't work, so perhaps you know which one I try to point out).
So I'm actually good with the current endings. The Cyberpunk 2020-2077 world not about the happy and glorious endings. That's the main point! Do not try to ruin this...

the amount of locked door is cut content

the ending are clearly foreshadowing the expansions

there is no customization after the star e so on, we accept but c'mon, they released an early access!

Well im not against sad ending if it's done correctly, here a few ending are cut in the worst moments possible and i just don't like it, there are 2 that i really don't like 1. The legend ending- Really ending the game in the beginning of some superimportant contract where money isn't the prize? for me it's obvious cliffhanger xd 2. nomad ending- Here you're headed to arizona to find cure and the game never let you know if V actually found the cure or passed out after this 6 months(at least for now, maybe expansion will have something to say about it). My problem is that this endings are very incomplete for me, it feels that something was cut out there. For me there is still something to say about V's story.
that's why everybody is speculating here so much about poststory expansion. Many people feels that the game is incomplete, that the main story plot was too short and it was ended in weird moment. For now the most popular ending is the nomad one(11,7%) and the second is the legend one(8,3%), the most popular ending feel incomplete that's why so many people want some expansion, dlc or even a fucking book to know what happened to V. If we were clearly told there that V dies anyway without any hope then we wouldn't be speculating here about poststory expansion. Also notice that Arasaka ending was picked by only 2,1% of players

Last edited:

I keep seeing this repeated over and over, but Cyberpunk is not about doom and gloom and inevitable failure either. It's about resisting oppressive systems and dealing with adversity. Failure is just a possible outcome, it's never inevitable.

Quoting from another thread since we had the same discussion:

That sense of immediate and material concerns is something Pondsmith tried to drive home in his conversations with CD Projekt about the game. “It can not be about saving the world. You’re saving yourself or your community,” he says. “The stakes have to be something that involves the player. You can’t just say, ‘The world is craptastic and you can’t do anything about it.’ No. You don’t have to save the world, but you need to be able to save your mother or the apartment you and your friends live in. You need to make sure your neighborhood isn’t rolled over by the boostergangs.”

In a world where people are feeling increasingly powerless, Pondsmith sees the message of hope inherent in the cyberpunk genre. “The thing that I love about cyberpunk inherently is that it's about paying attention, and dealing with things. If you use the technology and your knowledge right, you can make it better. You can’t just let the boostergangs roll over your community, or you’re going to let a microtech tear down your apartment building to put up a microwave tower,” he says.

Top Bottom