[SPOILERS] End-Game And Suspicions About The First DLC

+
Even if we get a post story expansion, I don't think we can continue questing afterwards. For example, I would like to leave NC forever, as it was possible in the Nomad ending. They would need so send you back to NC to be able to continue playing. I assume that leaving NC forever will be an option

I don't really see why they couldn't have post questing. V in Nomad ending could just be wrapping things up at home base of expansion before leaving forever. Blood and Wine doesn't stop Geralt & Triss potentially ending up settled in Kovir eventually.

I don't really see why they couldn't have post questing. V in Nomad ending could just be wrapping things up at home base of expansion before leaving forever. Blood and Wine doesn't stop Geralt & Triss potentially ending up settled in Kovir eventually.
Because not every ending leads you back to your body, and Johnny has some role in site quests/gigs.

I'd much rather see an expansion that improves the broken story, pacing, lack of suspense and lack of investment into V's psyche, rather than something that extends it.

The game up to the point of the ending sees V only as a vessel for Johnny's story. There honestly doesn't seem much to go on after that.

Sure the endings did not yield closure, but I feel that has to do with the fact that we barely know V or his/her motivations.

I'd much rather see an expansion that improves the broken story, pacing, lack of suspense and lack of investment into V's psyche, rather than something that extends it.

The game up to the point of the ending sees V only as a vessel for Johnny's story. There honestly doesn't seem much to go on after that.

Sure the endings did not yield closure, but I feel that has to do with the fact that we barely know V or his/her motivations.
Well V's motive was to basically survive xd And this story is not complete yet. V's ambition before this was to just get money, he didn't have any special ambition i think. He just choose the hard way by being a merc. The whole "become the legend" stuff more suits jackie tbh. He was talking about it all the time. I think that any paid expansion that would expand midstory(i mean adding 4rth ending etc.) will be considered as cut content by the community and it wouldn't be good for them .

Depends on how you play V, I think. There are a lot of dialogue options here and there that can help shape their goals (Clouds, attitude towards Jackie's enthusiasm, conversation with Panam about nomad life, conversation with Kerry about freedom and compromise in NC and so on).

More motivations would always help though. Reasons for wanting to leave NC outside of joining the nomads, reasons for staying in NC (like plain renown as a merc, desire to pick the corpo life and climb to the top, or resisting corps from within and unveiling conspiracies, even going back to be a small time merc in the city as a compromise). There are pros and cons for each lifepath, would be interesting to see why V would pick one over the others.

At the end of the day my V wanted to live and remain in NC, and it was clear from the dialogue options I picked. No family stuff or dreams of glory, not sure how I could ever get closure with that.

Maybe I'm too sentimental but I really loved Johnny and his relationship with my V. It's my point of view but at the end I think my V considered him like a big brother. Their goodbye in Mikoshi broke my heart. (I tried a lot of ending and it was heartbreaking everytime).

Anyway, I would love a DLC where V finds a cure for herself/himself and also, find a way to bring back Johnny, Alt etc... in real world and have this kind of scene. But as I said, I think I'm too sentimental, I finished the game wenesday and I feel sad now.

But seriously, I read a lot of pages in this topic and there are a lot of good ideas !

(Sorry for my english)

Last edited:
I think they should introduce Dogmentation formally... they're gonna be rich!

But seriously I think even if there's a way for V to cure him/herself and then be able to jack in to visit Johnny every now and then would still be satisfactory.

Maybe I'm too sentimental but I really loved Johnny and his relation with my V. It's my point of view but at the end I think my V considered him like a big brother. Their goodbye in Mikoshi broke my heart. (I tried a lot of ending and it was heartbreaking everytime).

Anyway, I would love a DLC where V finds a cure for herself/himself and also, find a way to bring back Johnny, Alt etc... in real world and have this kind of scene. But as I said, I think I'm too sentimental, I finished the game wenesday and I feel sad now.

But seriously, I read a lot of pages in this topic and there are a lot of good ideas !

(Sorry for my english)
I also loved Johnny and the relationship he had with V, I see a lot of people dogging it but I think the writers did an excellent job with that whole part of the story. I also think Keanu did a great job acting as Johnny, feel like he fit the cold hearted stoic ass-hole role really well.

I also think that Johnny is a great character and I like his and V's relationship. I think the problem is that it seems that some of the original story got cut in order to make more room for Johnny and that is what stinks. It there was more V-related content on top of the Johhny story, people wouldn't be so down on Johhny.

I also loved Johnny and the relationship he had with V, I see a lot of people dogging it but I think the writers did an excellent job with that whole part of the story. I also think Keanu did a great job acting as Johnny, feel like he fit the cold hearted stoic ass-hole role really well.
I read online that Keanu is a great person if you ever see him in person, he appearantly had a hard life prior to his acting career. However I wouldn't know because no one is ever good. A great person always have flaws, and a bad person always have redeeming qualities. Just like the yin and the yang. Besides I don't know many actors. I know musicians, not famous ones unfortunately, but I fix guitars so I work for musicians.

But honestly Johnny's guitar is just all sorts of weird. First of all, headless guitars are not even that popular, that honor belongs to the Fender Stratocaster, the world's most popular electric guitar and the guitar that defined Rock n Roll. If Johnny had been a real rock star he and Kerry would either be playing a Stratocaster, probably with a Floyd Rose bridge for the divebombs, or a copy of a Stratocaster such as those Ibanez RG or S/JS series, or a Gibson Les Paul. But I imagine CDPR would have to pay Fender or Gibson licensing fees if they had either guitar... so they went with relatively obscure headless guitars to avoid that (I think). Then the configuration of the bridge/tuner is weird too. I bet Johnny break strings probably every other song!

But I agree that I would rather that more content be given than to shoehorn a celebrity into a game. COD Advanced Warfare did that and look what that got it. I think gamer would love much more V related content than having a celebrity in the game.

Maybe I'm too sentimental but I really loved Johnny and his relationship with my V. It's my point of view but at the end I think my V considered him like a big brother. Their goodbye in Mikoshi broke my heart. (I tried a lot of ending and it was heartbreaking everytime).

(Sorry for my english)

100% this - my V and Johnny had a 70% relationship by the point of no return, a solution that involved stopping the relic progression and sharing the body (alternating control) could have worked great for both since they got along and had similar goals.

After the first conversation with Alt I was like "Ok great, but how about Johnny? Shouldn't we find him some kind of storage? Does he want to keep living?". Wish this was addressed.

But you know Johnny isn't exactly shoehorned in, as he appears in earlier tabletop games.

However having Keanu Reeves (as nice of a guy as he is) casting is completely 100% optional. I'd love to have a random nobody voice and cast him if that means more content.

Maybe it's how I played the game, but honestly I felt the character of Johnny Silverhand has a really cool story arc and shows a nice character progression. Going from: "Kill yourself and free us both" to "Imma take your body and rain hell on Arasaka" to ending in "Live on!, never give up, keep your body, I really want you to live your own life.". I also feel Keanu did a fantastic job.

I think because many players identify with their character (as it is clearly intended) they kinda resent Johnny Silverhand because the story tends to railroad the player into bad situations while it pushes Johnny into favorable ones, this happens constantly. It's not necessarily bad, but I believe the lack of a single fulfilling ending for V specifically exacerbates the whole thing.

Maybe it's how I played the game, but honestly I felt the character of Johnny Silverhand has a really cool story arc and shows a nice character progression. Going from: "Kill yourself and free us both" to "Imma take your body and rain hell on Arasaka" to ending in "Live on!, never give up, keep your body, I really want you to live your own life.". I also feel Keanu did a fantastic job.

I think because many players identify with their character (as it is clearly intended) they kinda resent Johnny Silverhand because the story tends to railroad the player into bad situations while it pushes Johnny into favorable ones, this happens constantly. It's not necessarily bad, but I believe the lack of a single fulfilling ending for V specifically exacerbates the whole thing.

the fact that I hate him in my roleplay doesn't mean in fact that i hate his writing, The problem is that there is no presence in game of Morgan blackhand or the militech involvement in the Arasaka tower nuke event, for this his writing has a lot of plotholes 'cause Morgan helped him together with militech in the fourth corporate war, maybe dlc material or not I don't know. It's sure that he's no a "bad" character in his writing but He could have been better for sure in his relation and friendship(or not) with V.

I think this is a great take on the story. I enjoy Johnny's arc and, to an extent, how it ties to V... but it's not a great feeling to have the player constantly hurt, dying, groaning, and struggling - including at the end of the story. V never catches a break, and there's no moment of "hell yes, we did it!"
Post automatically merged:

Thank you for sharing this! Where did Lilayah post this? I'd be curious what it was in response to.

Good news is there are still DLCs and major expansions in the works - albeit on a possibly longer timeline...

Thank you for sharing this! Where did Lilayah post this? I'd be curious what it was in response to.

Good news is there are still DLCs and major expansions in the works - albeit on a possibly longer timeline...
Sorry I didn't find the exact page it's on but I think I saw it in this thread

I read online that Keanu is a great person if you ever see him in person, he appearantly had a hard life prior to his acting career. However I wouldn't know because no one is ever good. A great person always have flaws, and a bad person always have redeeming qualities. Just like the yin and the yang. Besides I don't know many actors. I know musicians, not famous ones unfortunately, but I fix guitars so I work for musicians.

But honestly Johnny's guitar is just all sorts of weird. First of all, headless guitars are not even that popular, that honor belongs to the Fender Stratocaster, the world's most popular electric guitar and the guitar that defined Rock n Roll. If Johnny had been a real rock star he and Kerry would either be playing a Stratocaster, probably with a Floyd Rose bridge for the divebombs, or a copy of a Stratocaster such as those Ibanez RG or S/JS series, or a Gibson Les Paul. But I imagine CDPR would have to pay Fender or Gibson licensing fees if they had either guitar... so they went with relatively obscure headless guitars to avoid that (I think). Then the configuration of the bridge/tuner is weird too. I bet Johnny break strings probably every other song!

But I agree that I would rather that more content be given than to shoehorn a celebrity into a game. COD Advanced Warfare did that and look what that got it. I think gamer would love much more V related content than having a celebrity in the game.
They wanted to create a futuristic guitar. Generally everything about his guitar is wrong. The way that strings are mounted is ridiculous, it has head but without keys. But it fits for futuristic scenery so i don't mind. Generally this guitar actually exists. U can find videos of keanu having fun with it.

So mid game dlc that adds to the end of the game likely won't happen. So I would say this likely means the expansion will either be a mid story with a completely unrelated questline to the main story or is a post story continuing what happens after the story. Very interesting.

With the open endings, the urgency of Act 2 and all the premises they laid out with MBE/Peralez/Gary, it'd be a really weird choice to go for #1

Top Bottom