*(SPOILERS)* End Game questions from newb to vets.*(SPOILERS)*

+
*(SPOILERS)* End Game questions from newb to vets.*(SPOILERS)*

Hi,
I was just wondering if any more enlightened than I am could answer me a few questions?

1.) Why does Geralt seem to get all the heat from Yen re his relations with Triss,when Yen doesn't appear to blame Triss for any of it?
2.) The main quest ends with Yen (in my game) wanting to run away from it all with Geralt,yet in the final scene at the tavern (witcher ciri option)
she isnt there?
3.) Carrying on from 2.) When in Toussaint he gets a letter from Yen and it made me think..hold on she's supposed to be running away with me...
where is she?? Also,in the final scene in the villa Geralt says,"You found me."..to me this implies that they had become estranged again somehow,if so,how? and why?
4.) Glad she turned up though.:)

Thanks for reading,

Figulus.

1. Yen and Triss are old friends, so if they fight, they do it quickly and privately then get on with business. They do this twice in the books.

2. The main story is about Geralt and Ciri- his future with the sorceresses is secondary to that. Also, Ciri is hiding from her father, so the they would not want anyone else around to draw attention while they are still in occupied territory.

3. Honestly, them having a fight and separating for a while is a regular thing for their relationship. That's the way it always has been (since the books), and always will be if you pick Yen. (Time for me to duck and cover now!)

4. Just don't let her run into Fringilla Vigo while you're there!

1. Yen and Triss are old friends, so if they fight, they do it quickly and privately then get on with business. They do this twice in the books.

2. The main story is about Geralt and Ciri- his future with the sorceresses is secondary to that. Also, Ciri is hiding from her father, so the they would not want anyone else around to draw attention while they are still in occupied territory.

3. Honestly, them having a fight and separating for a while is a regular thing for their relationship. That's the way it always has been (since the books), and always will be if you pick Yen. (Time for me to duck and cover now!)

4. Just don't let her run into Fringilla Vigo while you're there!

Thanks for a great and informative response,think i'm getting a clearer picture now..
..Don't think the games reflect the tempestuous nature of their relationship..still awesome though.

Thanks for a great and informative response,think i'm getting a clearer picture now..
..Don't think the games reflect the tempestuous nature of their relationship..still awesome though.

Their relationship was much more volatile in the short stories, which are set before the novels and games.

I would hope the on-again-off-again nature of Geralt and Yennefer would have stopped after the quest The Last Wish. My impression from the books is that they were always striving to go their own way but always being pulled back together by magic. With the spell broken and (if you choose), a "real" romance, I like to imagine all that capriciousness will become a thing of the past. Then again, both admitted that nothing felt the least bit different after the wish was reversed, so maybe you're right...

Their relationship was much more volatile in the short stories, which are set before the novels and games.
Hoping to find that out...when I can find a local book store that has a copy of the last wish!! Can't believe they had Sword of Destiny and the five novels (which will arrive tomorrow)..and I won't be able to start reading because I won't have the first one!! grr.
Edit-Ok,it appears "The sword of destiny" comes first..phew...still have to find the other though.;)

Last edited:
Hoping to find that out...when I can find a local book store that has a copy of the last wish!! Can't believe they had Sword of Destiny and the five novels (which will arrive tomorrow)..and I won't be able to start reading because I won't have the first one!! grr.
Edit-Ok,it appears "The sword of destiny" comes first..phew...still have to find the other though.;)

You can also find a fan translation and read that until you can get your hands on an official copy of "The Last Wish."

Edit - Although it was published second the "The Last Wish" stories are first in the series. Sorry I was mistaken earlier.

Last edited:
You can also find a fan translation and read that until you can get your hands on an official copy of "The Last Wish."

And yes, although it was published second the "Sword of Destiny" stories are first in the series.
Thanks for all your help bud,i'll not doubt be enthusing as I read..let me know if I start getting on your nerves. :)

No, "The Last Wish" was originally published as second in Poland, but it comes first in the chronology.

No, "The Last Wish" was originally published as second in Poland, but it comes first in the chronology.

This is correct.

Last Wish
Sword of Destiny
Blood of Elves
Times of Contempt
Baptism of Fire
Swallow's Tower
Lady of the Lake

In that order.

Top Bottom