[SPOILERS] Ending and Engram Conciousness

+
So why exactly can't V put his engram into a new body that is not rejecting him?

I've only finished the romantic ending where they give you hope with some Nomad contact. However I read that even Arasaka ending is hopeless, why don't they just put the engram into a new blank body?

I guess this all is a matter of "how you want the game to end as a developer".
Everything would be possible if they just thinking of it, like the way youd like to have here. I guess the main answer to your question would currently be, that the devestation inside of V just progressed too far by the end and so thered only be the Arasaka-way to "secure your soul" - but like you said, this ending is actually not a real ending but just disappointing and depressive.......

Something about the engram changing your DNA so theres no capable body out there.

Begs the question why not just clone/grow another V

Something about the engram changing your DNA so theres no capable body out there.

Begs the question why not just clone/grow another V
Why not overwrite all the data on the biochip so the nanites can fix their own mess.

Worked the first time.

Btw. Cloning is possible in the cyberpunk univers but illegal.

Why not overwrite all the data on the biochip so the nanites can fix their own mess.

Worked the first time.

Btw. Cloning is possible in the cyberpunk univers but illegal.
Lot of unanswered questions everywhere if im honest, i remember vik saying something like they can replace or fix nigh everything in the body except the brain and well its V 's brain thats buggered so i suppose maybe that was to answer that.

Honestly i've no idea, i think Arasaka could help if they tried but dont find it worth it and also think Alt could help but doesn't want to either and would rather see the body go to johnny, maybe thats exactly why you have the endings the way they are, with the Nomads your actually with the only ppl who actively want to help V, noone else that could help wants to or cares to.

All we got is questions and speculations tbh and im no exactly a lore nut to say what is and what isn't possible in this universe, i just simply think take V's current body/dna an make a copy an download them to it, hey presto

Well.
Because they wanted to finish the story in a certain way and did not shy away from changing their own technology and lore to get it.

Normally, they should just have uploaded Vs engram and copied it over to the chip and let the nanites do the rest.

Normally.
That wouldn't change any lore or technology. It's repeatedly said engrams are meant to be put into "blanks" - that Arasaka makes I presume. V's body is corrupt, his engram is brand new. Therefore if they put the Engram into a blank it would become the new V. I presumed that would be the ending with Arasaka tbh. I imagine the nomadic contacts can still do that.

Why the heck would beople expect a storyless sandbox open world game from the studio famous for narration based games? Troll?

That wouldn't change any lore or technology. It's repeatedly said engrams are meant to be put into "blanks" - that Arasaka makes I presume. V's body is corrupt, his engram is brand new. Therefore if they put the Engram into a blank it would become the new V. I presumed that would be the ending with Arasaka tbh. I imagine the nomadic contacts can still do that.
The problem is that CDPR simply retconed their own tech and ignored in lore solutions to the problem.

Before the endings, hellman or Vic did not mention changes to the DNA. Both however, stated that V's neural net is being reconfigured by the biochip nanites. Perfectly fine solution. V still has the chip and the nanites in the brain. And if reprogrammed by the chip, they should undo the damage done. That would be the logical conclusion.

Even if the DNA bullshit was not a convenient last minute addition the function of the biochip, the nanites should be able to rewrite the DNA (my scientific knowledge is screaming in agony right now). If that should not work, DNA reconfiguration and modification is common as stated in cyberpunk 2020s chromebook vol. 2.
Modification of the complete skin to make it look like animal skin (example) cocst 10000 eurodollar and was spread amon posergangs. OK. 1 in 10 patients developed skin cancer but that's a chance I would take.

The situation is artificially made grim and fatal, by ignoring ingame and in-universe lore.

SPOILER ANSWER AHEAD

Lorewise, not a compatible host.

It makes sense from a biological perspective because you can't just get organs willy nilly, you have to be a match. Araska can snatch his sons body because his son is composed of 50% of his DNA. With V they're a medical abnormality which does occur where a foreign organ is rejected, the body attacks it to break it down to a point where, its essentially stem cells and builds the organ back up. That's basically what happened to V and what happens in a lot of stem cell farming projects and cloning in a sense.

Now try to reproduce that abnormality a consistent number of times. You can't and that's V's problem. Remember the only reason they survived is because they died and the chip overwrote the necessary processes to reboot their system so to speak and trick their body into believing it wasn't dead. So the brain just continues to send out signals.

SPOILER ANSWER AHEAD

Lorewise, not a compatible host.

It makes sense from a biological perspective because you can't just get organs willy nilly, you have to be a match. Araska can snatch his sons body because his son is composed of 50% of his DNA. With V they're a medical abnormality which does occur where a foreign organ is rejected, the body attacks it to break it down to a point where, its essentially stem cells and builds the organ back up. That's basically what happened to V and what happens in a lot of stem cell farming projects and cloning in a sense.

Now try to reproduce that abnormality a consistent number of times. You can't and that's V's problem. Remember the only reason they survived is because they died and the chip overwrote the necessary processes to reboot their system so to speak and trick their body into believing it wasn't dead. So the brain just continues to send out signals.
I would agree, if Johnny would have problems. Johnny however, can overtake the body without problems.

This is illogical.

In various conversations you learn that they had been trying to get the prototype to work with I think the phrase was, "psychologically inert" (?) people, ie: dead or brain dead people, but it never worked. I think the implication is that you need a conscious person to host the parasite engram while it establishes itself to take over. By that point in the game it seems pretty clear that neither V or Johnny would support doing that to another person, hell Arasaka doesn't even seem too keen to do that considering how they hadn't yet resorted to that, NeoAlt probably would though, she seems pretty apathetic to those concepts.

They make it impossible anyway. After securing a deal with Alt and wiping your *** with the Vodoo boys. Try goin to Arasaka building and Enacting the (secret) ending yourself while at 10%. Nope! Arasaka buiding Closed...your stuck goin through the story dealing with those evil ***** kissing Takamura and Hanako's *** with no way to give them a dirt nap. By that time it's "Too Late to Help you" at 40%. WTF! You might as well make it rain and kill everyone everywhere cuz your still dead in a couple weeks. Not open world but a story game so your stuck. Reputation? at 90% everyone still acts like your nobody.

I would agree, if Johnny would have problems. Johnny however, can overtake the body without problems.

This is illogical.

True and that never really sat right with me. I could buy it if they had like the same neural activity but none of that is explained. I could see it being explained in a later DLC. Also Johnny later having complications especially with a female V and how V's I guess corrupted save file/engram begins to fix itself because again that's what the chip does, overwrite things. Who knows.

I just look at Johnny like a bad transplant gone wrong and making cancerous cells that turn out to be aggressive stem cells that can be manipulated, or like he's a bad case of memory leak that's been unchecked for too long.

So why exactly can't V put his engram into a new body that is not rejecting him?

I've only finished the romantic ending where they give you hope with some Nomad contact. However I read that even Arasaka ending is hopeless, why don't they just put the engram into a new blank body?
Even assuming a new body were just available that worked, the real world problem with this is that you've just knocked off Altered Carbon, which is a completely different concept (and, to my mind, an inferior one in terms of story weight because that is actually and routinely possible).

Last edited:
Nomads your actually with the only ppl who actively want to help V, noone else that could help wants to or cares to.

In my game, Judy defiantly wants to and cares to! She was reading books and medical papers on the subject in our mansion apartment.

In another thread we speculated that existing (in the game world) medical Nano robots that are used to fix the brain damage from polio could do the job with some creative reprogramming.

Judy was working on a way to help my V in my endgame. I am hoping for DLC where she succeeds...

Last edited:
In my game, Judy defiantly wants to and cares to! She was reading books and medical papers on the subject in our mansion apartment.

In another thread we speculated that existing (in the game world) medical Nano robots that are used to fix the brain damage from polio could do the job with some creative reprogramming.

Judy was working on a way to help my V in my endgame. I am hoping for DLC where she succeeds...

This.

Probably a lot (or 'few' at least) people can help V, they either don't want to or haven't encountered them/their situation yet. For example, the devil ending, I believe Arasaka can build V a new body, they just use some clever half-truths to make V give their rights so they can use them (replace Adam Smasher:) ).
No idea about the other endings, but it looks like the story of V is not over yet...

This.

Probably a lot (or 'few' at least) people can help V, they either don't want to or haven't encountered them/their situation yet. For example, the devil ending, I believe Arasaka can build V a new body, they just use some clever half-truths to make V give their rights so they can use them (replace Adam Smasher:) ).
No idea about the other endings, but it looks like the story of V is not over yet...

Oh that would be scary... DLC you are a new character However the game takes your likeness from your save game and makes a new Adamsmasher YOU have to fight... o_O

Oh that would be scary... DLC you are a new character However the game takes your likeness from your save game and makes a new Adamsmasher YOU have to fight... o_O

:) That would certainly be a plot twist:)
But no....I was thinking more like ME2 and the illusive man.

Top Bottom