[spoilers] Endings and the future of cyberpunk 2077

+

Should V get a good ending?

• Total voters
First, I wanna state that I haven't beaten the game yet because I don't wanna say goodbye to V yet and I was shocked that there wasn't a good ending

if you look now on the forms you will mostly see people not being happy with endings to the game, and they're saying that it's too dark or just not good in general. I can see what you guys were going for at the end of the game that nothing lasts forever and at some point, you can't win every fight but what's good about this whole mess is that people really enjoy your game and all the characters you made and the storeys you told, that they want a happy ending because you spend the whole time playing the game looking to save V just to die in the end. I know your team at CDPR are planning to add DLCs and other stuff to the game and I have an idea that could possibly fix this "not having a happy ending" and still keep all the old ones in the progress. What if you kept all the bad endings leave everything the same but you make all the other endings alternate endings but make the six months the "true ending" to the game. Also, I don't know you need to have a relationship with someone
to get the six-month ending but make it based on what you get when you reach the end of the game if you chose to be with someone or not, after that V could be looking again to find a way in those six months and this time find someone who can help that way leaving space for DLCs and story expansions and at the same time fixing the "no happy ending problem". Sure I'm just a pawn in the suggestions of the cyberpunk 2077 universe and this thread will probably be unseen but please do one for your fans and give V the ending he deserves.

Thank you for your time and thank you for your amazing game CDPR!!

(I forgot to add I don't know if the soul killer is involved in the six-month ending to the game because I haven't beaten the game yet if so do make it that some way the "original V" lives and not just a copy. and if the soul killer isn't involved at all to get the six-month ending just ignore this "I forgot to add" part)

Last edited:
I'd like two extra endings:

1. The 100% Cured Ending

2. The Metastasis ending where you and Johnny merge into one being.

I don't think the endings are bad as V lives in the majority of them either getting cured in Nomad and Legend or becoming an engram in Arasaka or giving up their body to Johnny.

I figure the above two endings can be unlocked with DLC.

I would be okay with endings like:

1) V leaves NC as wanted man with a price on his head, never to return. No glory, no wealth, but only freedom

2) V becomes rich and famous merc and Arasaka new top hitman. Glory, piles of eddies, but no freedom.

And no 6 months expiration whatsoever.
Post automatically merged:

V lives in the majority of them either getting cured in Nomad and Legend
Really?!

Guest 3847602

Both actually...
I've played through all the endings and although I think they're all good in the sense of being well crafted and executed and distinct enough from each other (basically not being what the ending to Mass Effect 3 was), I still think the option "V survives in their own body indefinitely" should have been on the table.
Maybe they could have make it super hard to achieve with combination of specific dialogue choices and quest outcomes or do it the way Max Payne 2 did regarding the fate of Mona Sax - beat the game on hardest difficulty and you unlock the alternative "golden ending".

I'd like two extra endings:

1. The 100% Cured Ending

2. The Metastasis ending where you and Johnny merge into one being.

I don't think the endings are bad as V lives in the majority of them either getting cured in Nomad and Legend or becoming an engram in Arasaka or giving up their body to Johnny.

I figure the above two endings can be unlocked with DLC.
I agree with your saying in the two extra endings and also agree on the endings that are available rn but I can't say too much on them because I haven't beaten the game yet

Both actually...
I've played through all the endings and although I think they're all good in the sense of being well crafted and executed and distinct enough from each other (basically not being what the ending to Mass Effect 3 was), I still think the option "V survives in their own body indefinitely" should have been on the table.
Maybe they could have make it super hard to achieve with combination of specific dialogue choices and quest outcomes or do it the way Max Payne 2 did regarding the fate of Mona Sax - beat the game on hardest difficulty and you unlock the alternative "golden ending".
That should always have been the case.
But right now, all V's who did the according content get the same treatment.

It does not matter is you saved all the good people and made all the mission. A person who just did the bare minimum, + side mission of your flavor, will get the exactly same ending, except the videos in the credits.

Headcanon

Your own interpretation of the montage. Are you again trying to force your conclusions on others?

Again, you are ignoring what the game says to go with your own interpretation.

The game gives ample evidence for survival that you ignore.

That should always have been the case.
But right now, all V's who did the according content get the same treatment.

It does not matter is you saved all the good people and made all the mission. A person who just did the bare minimum, + side mission of your flavor, will get the exactly same ending, except the videos in the credits.

Well all people will have completed the main quest.

Again, you are ignoring the rules of story telling.

I think what I'm doing is going with author intent. If you have a narrator say, "And they lived happily ever after."

You don't call the narrator a filthy liar.

:D

Well all people will have completed the main quest.

I think what I'm doing is going with author intent. If you have a narrator say, "And they lived happily ever after."

You don't call the narrator a filthy liar.

:D
I do if the narrator is lying.
But the narrator is not lying. The narrator only says what that there is a sliver of hope. That hope is however outruled by other characters in the game.

At best, we have conflicting informations. The tarot can be interpreted in several ways. It says that you will love a good life in the desert. It does not specify how log that life will be.

You are simply grasping for every possible straw and belittle people, who don't share your overly optimistic optimism.

I personally don't need the happy end in nutshell like V and Johnny leave happily ever after with their families, every one in his own body.

But, I hoped for some neutral ending, like V's and Johnny's personalities were merged in one, or smth.

Besides, I find the fact nobody can cure V in 2077 pretty strange. No way to defeat cancer, or whatever this DNA illness is, really? I mean c'mon, Rouge and Kerry are about 90 years old and they look and act like teenagers. And Saburo died at his 160. Most of the body organs can be replaced with synthetic ones, and so on. Still no chance for V?

I personally don't need the happy end in nutshell like V and Johnny leave happily ever after with their families, every one in his own body.

But, I hoped for some neutral ending, like V's and Johnny's personalities were merged in one, or smth.

Besides, I find the fact nobody can cure V in 2077 pretty strange. No way to defeat cancer, or whatever this DNA illness is, really? I mean c'mon, Rouge and Kerry are about 90 years old and they look and act like teenagers. And Saburo died at his 160. Most of the body organs can be replaced with synthetic ones, and so on. Still no chance for V?

May I provide you with some insight into the cyberpunk lore?

It's all in the lore. DNA modification was pretty common among posergangs in 2020. They modified their DNA to look like animals etc.
It's all there and it's all ignored.

Yes, should, but the basic story should be continued, where V has a chance, in the end, to save yourself or even make things worse. I think the endings of the basic story are well written, that’s what developers should continue.

The endings bother me cause they are like 20% of the whole main story... so they spent 1/5 of the whole story on these endings which IF THEY PLAN on continuing Vs story 5 out 7 dont matter...

There is no such thing like Happy Ending in Cyberpunk. An ending in cyberpunk genre may be either transcendent or open, but not "happy".
In Neuromancer we can see transcendent ending. The final stage of the story stays in completely different world from the prologue.
In classic compilation of Bladerunner we have open ending. We are leaving Rachel and Dekard in interlude of their journey.

But in Cyberpunk 2077 nobody fucking cares about Cyberpunk genre. Youre damn puppet, you're 300% doomed.

There is no such thing like Happy Ending in Cyberpunk. An ending in cyberpunk genre may be either transcendent or open, but not "happy".
In Neuromancer we can see transcendent ending. The final stage of the story stays in completely different world from the prologue.
In classic compilation of Bladerunner we have open ending. We are leaving Rachel and Dekard in interlude of their journey.

But in Cyberpunk 2077 nobody fucking cares about Cyberpunk genre. Youre damn puppet, you're 300% doomed.

As I wrote in a different thread. The endings have no clue what they want to be.

Open, conclusive... it tries to be all of that and fails to deliver.

I good open ending leaves as much information to the observer as possible.
Blade runner is a great example for an open ending well done.
Deckard survived his encounter the Roy and sees that this "machine" has a mind and a soul and is a person who just wanted to live.
He then walks home to Rachel and decide to leave. Roy's story was closed on the roof, Deckards and Rachels story conclusion is left open.

Here, we have a terminal desease, a clumsy hint of a possible cure (a hint that is only a carrot on a stick, because penam is only hopeful and Mr blue eyes presents no evidence) and weird explanations on why we are sick.
It's not conclusive, because there is the hint. It's not open, because V is terminaly ill and we know what V is doing.

The only conclusive endings are the Arasaka ones.

Top Bottom