[spoilers] Endings and the future of cyberpunk 2077

+

Should V get a good ending?

• Total voters
As I wrote in a different thread. The endings have no clue what they want to be.

Open, conclusive... it tries to be all of that and fails to deliver.

I good open ending leaves as much information to the observer as possible.
Blade runner is a great example for an open ending well done.
Deckard survived his encounter the Roy and sees that this "machine" has a mind and a soul and is a person who just wanted to live.
He then walks home to Rachel and decide to leave. Roy's story was closed on the roof, Deckards and Rachels story conclusion is left open.

Here, we have a terminal desease, a clumsy hint of a possible cure (a hint that is only a carrot on a stick, because penam is only hopeful and Mr blue eyes presents no evidence) and weird explanations on why we are sick.
It's not conclusive, because there is the hint. It's not open, because V is terminaly ill and we know what V is doing.

The only conclusive endings are the Arasaka ones.
By Cyberpunk i did not mentioned this game in the first place.
Cyberpunk here is an entire Cyberpunk genre. Every single novel and story and movie. And every game of course. Not this one, CP2077. Not yet at least. This game needs a revision and has a second chance as a Directors Cut. I believe in that being possible.

Maybe you miss the fact that V dies in the Mikoshi. In fact, in every ending, we don't have the real V, but a copypaste of V personality (tbh I'm non sure of Hanako ending because it's not clear how they divided V and Jhonny).

The only conclusive endings are the Arasaka ones.

I'd argue even those are inconclusive.

I believe Hanako will honor her deal with V because her RPG character is open and noble despite her loyalty to her father.

However, others believe she's become a psychopath like her father.

I'd argue even those are inconclusive.

I believe Hanako will honor her deal with V because her RPG character is open and noble despite her loyalty to her father.

However, others believe she's become a psychopath like her father.
Well.
Arasaka doing more than the bare minimum? That would be a first.

Hanako is a believer in the benevolence of her company. She says that Saburo cared about family most (HA!).

So I could see her honoring their bargain.
And yet she wants you to not harm yorinobus body, so her paps can overwrite his own son.

That whole family is not trustworthy and fucked up beyond compare.

And yet she wants you to not harm yorinobus body, so her paps can overwrite his own son.

That whole family is not trustworthy and fucked up beyond compare.

Yes, shockingly she loses her affection for her brother after he tries to kill her.

Notably NOT after he murders their father.

She was supporting him as CEO.

Not going to answer to poll, but endings worked for me essentially because I can experience the game as single piece. Not every movie or novel needs to be serialized. Hooks for sequels are commonly placed, for commercial, not artistic reasons.

If viewed as single piece, people can head canon their own ending for V, though I must say that certain ending, with chance for life, even if not V's own, but kind of... I really appreciate that there was an ending like that and that choices I made in game sort of naturally set my V on that track.

I really dont care what the Cyberpunk genre is suppost to or not suppost to offer in terms of endings and just like ppl's opinions that do care about such things and wont care for my opinion i can wholeheartedly agree i care not a jot on theres.

First and foremost im playing a game and above everything i want to enjoy it and have fun while at the end walk away happy with how it played out.

Im old and simple, a great combo if i do say so, and i simply want to storm the tower myself after building my character to the best of my ability, fix the fucking problem, and walk away with my girl in arm. Oldie but a goodie

If something smells of shit, it's probably shit regardless how many times you repackage it

Yep. Hanako really misread things. She thinks Yorinobu tried to kill her.
I think it's pretty clear when you play the Arasaka ending that Hanako is Satan and that Yorinobu was trying to save the world from the evil of his own family. That's what makes it so f***ing awesome. She is PURE DARKNESS and she batted her eyelids and you did all the work for her!

PS And I just noticed this thread was necroed from January....

I dont care if its Good or bad ending as long as its well crafted and believable. Ive felt depressed after i finished CP2077 but as long as its creators vision im happy with it. I woudnt want them to create endings just to please some People.

I dont care if its Good or bad ending as long as its well crafted and believable. Ive felt depressed after i finished CP2077 but as long as its creators vision im happy with it. I woudnt want them to create endings just to please some People.

It's supposed to be an RPG, so when you force down choices on the players (even when it is logical for the player to be able to make other choices), the least you can do is to let to the player the possibility to correct those choices consequences.
Of course, my remark only stand for an RPG, but as long as I remember the game was sold as an RPG.

Yes I woudnt mind that if we have option to cure V - I really keep my fingers crossed. But as an RPG it gives you quite a big number of options for ending - just because one is "missing" doesnt mean that its not RPG.

Yes I woudnt mind that if we have option to cure V - I really keep my fingers crossed. But as an RPG it gives you quite a big number of options for ending - just because one is "missing" doesnt mean that its not RPG.

The "not an RPG" doesn't comes from only a missing ending, but from all the missing logical choices which would have avoided the situation entirely.

Top Bottom