[SPOILERS] Evelyn Parker, wasted potential! Your Thoughts?

+
A lot of characters seem to have been cut short of the game, Evelyn is one of them. I think they had more in mind with her but ran out of time and just ended it there.

I wasn't just upset about Evelyn's death, I was furious. It had even been my hope prior to release that she would be a romance option. On release, I found that I really liked Evelyn and she seemed like a real person, someone with goals and aspirations to improve her life. She was smart and she was driven. Her return to Clouds made zero sense beyond asking to be put in harms way. And after her death, there's really only one person we can hold fully accountable, the slime Woodman (who we can only beat to death, vs. imprisoning him for a zlow death). We do not kill Fingers for Evelyn; we can't even slap Wakako. And the XBD dealer and makers are just faceless enemies. The whole thing just made me really angry.

Lol you are naive. Parker was the last person you would want to romance with. She would backatab you, rob you and throw you in the dumpster Like the stinkiest garbage. Thats what person she was. I dont get this weird mentality around her as her personality cotainted most of the worst characteristics possible.

Lol you are naive. Parker was the last person you would want to romance with. She would backatab you, rob you and throw you in the dumpster Like the stinkiest garbage. Thats what person she was. I dont get this weird mentality around her as her personality cotainted most of the worst characteristics possible.

Wow, you are a thoroughly disgusting person, aren't you? There was no betrayal by Evelyn Parker towards V, none. Through Dexter Deshawn, she contracted T-Bug, Jackie Wells, and V for a heist, and the heist went bad. Did she conceal information about how she came into the details of the Relic? Absolutely, but that had no bearing on the outcome. She herself suffered a near fatal attempt on her life, rape, and traumatic near death experiences with torture. None of that was deserved. Please try and demonstrate some sort of human values going forward, as that post can only be seen as the work of a failed human being.

Wow, you are a thoroughly disgusting person, aren't you? There was no betrayal by Evelyn Parker towards V, none.
Then i suggest you to read thoroughly her mail she sent to NetWatch after heist where she was clearly and consciosuly about to betray entire team on top with you and say good ye to all fleeing with all the money. Not even mentioning her pathologic betrayals of Yorinobu, VDB and Dex (yes when she asked you darily to betray dex). The only disgustIng thing here is entire filthy modus opera do of Parker.
So yeah next time také off Pink glasses off of your eyes and read peoe and actual in game clues properly. Facepalm.

Then i suggest you to read thoroughly her mail she sent to NetWatch after heist where she was clearly and consciosuly about to betray entire team on top with you and say good ye to all fleeing with all the money. Not even mentioning her pathologic betrayals of Yorinobu, VDB and Dex (yes when she asked you darily to betray dex).
So yeah next time také off Pink glasses off of your eyes and read peoe and actual in game clues properly. Facepalm.
Nothing she said there indicates anything like what you suggested. Again, let go of your misogyny and try to become a human.

Your reponses only proves lack of arguments. Not my problem you cant read properly, both between the lines of what one tells you and explicit written stuff. Also your personal attacks and empty accusations based on how ones perceived video game character which story arch was written by someone else shows your true nature.

Your hatred to this character is bizarre and I don't think anyone agrees with you.

They did Eve dirty. When she was staying over at Judy's, I couldn't wait for her to recover to finally speak with her again. Her death was emotional, but at the same time, I didn't really care about her too deeply. Her death was just sad because of what led up to it, but after that, she was gone and forgotten. She had the potential to be a great character but she was just that. Wasted potential. Gone and forgotten.

i dont really see her being anything "important" story wise other then another romance option for V. personality wise, she's a habitual lier. which is a necessary evil for her line of work, so there is no fault in that. however, lets not forget that she plays a HUGE roll in causing V's state of dying. withholding the nature of what is being stolen and suggesting that the relic must remain in someone's head to maintain viability after the storage case is broken DIRECTLY leads to V's condition of dying.

it's like someone hired you to go steal a pound of plutonium, not tell you what you are actually stealing, and when the container broke, told you that you have to swallow it to smuggle it across the border. knowing full well the radiation is going to kill you in 3 months. i wouldn't consider evelyn a "good person with potential". I think people give evelyn too much credit. she's no more then a small time hustler who happens to have a rich client base. she's a doll. a smart one, but that's really all she knows. in the end, she's just extremely good at lying and manipulating people.

I agree that there should have been more with Evelyn.

We should have had a chance to slap her around and beat some intel out of her instead of having her kill herself. Have this ruin any friendship with Judy but give us the option.

We should have had an opportunity to actually betray Dex and bring the chip to Evelyn, or at least had some sort of a plan to do so. She wants you to deal direct to her and you can tell Dex or keep it to yourself, but you never get a plan for actually giving her the chip. Have something like a mission where you need to hack Delamain in order to change his destination from Dex to Evelyn.

She was an interesting character who would have betrayed you in a major way but that would have made for a good story. I think that the scavs who BD tortured her are evil but on the scale of things what did Woodman do that incurs such wrath? Raping an unresponsive person is bad and all but how is it that much different than what she does as a doll? As a doll she loses her control of her actions and does what the client demands, which seems pretty similar to what happens with Woodman. He still deserves to get killed for being a pimp but I don't see the reasons for all the rage against him. She even willingly became a doll so she knew what she was getting into and she chose to return to Clouds instead of hiding out with Judy.

T Bug should have been involved with Dex and in double crossing us. Then let us hunt down T Bug and get some payback instead of having the character be completely irrelevant and forgetable. The most interaction you have with her is in the training mission which is just sad.

Loved her and wish we could have seen more of her.

The trope (Disposable Sex Worker) has been played out so much, I was really hoping they were going to do something original with Evelyn. But no...she's only there for shock value and to be abused as much as possible. The arc with Dex was of course utterly pointless as well, I really don't know why the option to side with her or Dex was even in the game.

Guest 4375874

Loved her and wish we could have seen more of her.

The trope (Disposable Sex Worker) has been played out so much, I was really hoping they were going to do something original with Evelyn. But no...she's only there for shock value and to be abused as much as possible. The arc with Dex was of course utterly pointless as well, I really don't know why the option to side with her or Dex was even in the game.
The trope of sex worker becoming love interest is far more played out. Pretty sure there aren't many depictions of sex workers having their very consciousness stolen and warped so this comment is just silly. The game didn't shy away from the realities dolls face, had it done that instead of "shock value" you'd be here complaining that they played it safe.

The character played her purpose which was to highlight the grim life of dolls in Night City, no more and no less.

T Bug should have been involved with Dex and in double crossing us. Then let us hunt down T Bug and get some payback instead of having the character be completely irrelevant and forgetable. The most interaction you have with her is in the training mission which is just sad.

no. T bug never betrayed us.

she was hired to do a job just as we were hired to do a job. she never withheld any information from us and in the end she sacrificed herself to open the door for us while her own nervous system was being fried by black ICE. (that's why the doors opened a few seconds AFTER we hear her being fried) she may have been able to skip out on us and disconnected to save herself... but no, she was a true professional and stayed in to open those doors for us and left us a lifeline.

the people who betrayed us was evelyn and dex. T bug was the hero of the heist mission.

the people who betrayed us was evelyn and dex. T bug was the hero of the heist mission.

When does Evelyn betray V? She doesn't.

Agreed on T-Bug though, cute girl who was finally coming out of her shell with you and Jackie and then bam, wasted potential for the sake of 'sole survivor' trope.

Top Bottom