[SPOILERS] Evelyn Parker, wasted potential! Your Thoughts?

+
When replaying pre-heist missions and later Judy's storyline, I keep thinking how big of an wasted potential is Evelyn Parker as a character and her storyline.
The real kicker is that Evelyn's final fate is not necessary to drive Judy's story.
Worst-case scenario attempted suicide would've worked just as well (even if she survives just in a vegetative state).
Best-case scenario Evelyn's survival and recovery could open up possibilities of her involvement in the revenge plot not only against Woodman but also Voodoo Boys.
IMHO Evelyn Parker could have been this game's Keira Metz instead, we get a linear tragic tale that drives another storyline.
Somewhere between 2016 and 2020 CDPR forgot how to design interconnected non-linear storylines. :(

Your Thoughts?

When replaying pre-heist missions and later Judy's storyline, I keep thinking how big of an wasted potential is Evelyn Parker as a character and her storyline.
The real kicker is that Evelyn's final fate is not necessary to drive Judy's story.
Worst-case scenario attempted suicide would've worked just as well (even if she survives just in a vegetative state).
Best-case scenario Evelyn's survival and recovery could open up possibilities of her involvement in the revenge plot not only against Woodman but also Voodoo Boys.
IMHO Evelyn Parker could have been this game's Keira Metz instead, we get a linear tragic tale that drives another storyline.
Somewhere between 2016 and 2020 CDPR forgot how to design interconnected non-linear storylines. :(

Your Thoughts?
My thoughts exatly... only, they didn't forget, they just didn't do it. :rolleyes:

I've played the main story twice. When Evelyn opens up the dialogue talking about forgetting Dex and just working with her. I got excited. It felt like an opportunity to create something bigger.

Then she died. I also hopped that. There was a way to prevent her from getting brain fried at Clouds. So to add to what you said about opposing the VDBs.

Talking about the VDBs another wasted potential, with netwatch and all that fun stuff

Your Thoughts?
I think this is one of my biggest dissapointment with the game to be completely honest. One of the reasons why I loved CDPr products were the way they built up characters and how they used them to tell intricate stories.
While the characters are still great in CP77, most of them feel wasted potentional, including the protagonist, V.

i absolutely love her character. I dont mind Evelyn dying, but i really wished she wouldnt have died so early. i would have had more to do with her. she was really intriguing!
The first encounter with her was the first time the game really made me believe this will be a unforgetable ride. She just feels so life like. The mannerism, movement, the little pause between sentences. They did an amazing job with voice acting and animation.

Last edited:
Yes, she was one of my favorite characters too. And what's even worse is that you can't even save her, wtf
there should be more choices in this game. I mean, even Mass Effect 1 (from 2008) your actions determine which companion will die!

Missed opportunity not only with wasting this character but also with decisions and consequences from your own character.

Evelyn subplot is fine compared to poor T-bug and Jackie.

You don't introduce characters right at the start
to just off them a few minutes later
. Generally normal human being start to "care" if they have prolonged interaction with a character, in CP2077 there is no real long-term attachment or interaction though.

Yes, she was one of my favorite characters too. And what's even worse is that you can't even save her, wtf
there should be more choices in this game. I mean, even Mass Effect 1 (from 2008) your actions determine which companion will die!

Missed opportunity not only with wasting this character but also with decisions and consequences from your own character.
to be honest, i want to agree with you but i cant agree with you.
Yes Evelyn was (for me) the best character in the game. I loved her and i wished we would have had WAY MORE to do with her.
But we also have to consider, even though this should be a RPG, that you cant save everyone.
I would say she went out too early, but her going out is not necessarily a bad thing.
Post automatically merged:

Or we could have done anything to prevent her from dying... you know, choices? CDPR games had those once. ;)
Cant save everyone. Im sure you also heard of countless stories of people doing suicide even though they got all the help they could get.
Like i said she went out too early, but her going out is not necessarily a bad thing.

Whats weird is that, even though we couldnt do much with her, she was my most favourite character in the game and i also wished to see her alive, but im not really mad at her dying.

to be honest, i want to agree with you but i cant agree with you.
Yes Evelyn was (for me) the best character in the game. I loved her and i wished we would have had WAY MORE to do with her.
But we also have to consider, even though this should be a RPG, that you cant save everyone.
I would say she went out too early, but her going out is not necessarily a bad thing.

everyone connected to V is either dead or kicked to the sidelines. it seems this story is about Johnny Silverhand

Generally normal human being start to "care" if they have prolonged interaction with a character, in CP2077 there is no real long-term attachment or interaction though.

This is exactly why im so shocked that i got so attached to Evelynn that quickly and she became my favourite character, even though we have seen almost nothing from her.
It just shows that she was a really good character who suffered from getting offed too early and having almost no screentime.

everyone connected to V is either dead or kicked to the sidelines. it seems this story is about Johnny Silverhand

correct! it is about Johnny and thats why i hate the story.

Evelyn seems the most real character in the game, her expressions and mannerisms really feel like a real person's, she also has an air of mysteriousness about her. I wanted to know more about her. I actually thought she was going to be a huge character in the game.

This is exactly why im so shocked that i got so attached to Evelynn that quickly and she became my favourite character, even though we have seen almost nothing from her.
It just shows that she was a really good character who suffered from getting offed too early and having almost no screentime.

correct! it is about Johnny and thats why i hate the story.

Yeah because in the Judy questline you get to indirectly learn more about Evelyn, her background, her strengths and weaknesses of character, and you do learn a whole lot about her there actually, and you can start to make a judgement about her as a human being and to care about her. None of which is present with T-bug or Jackie - like I can't really make an informed opinion of Jackie or T-bug and what types of people they really were. Like, ok I "get them" on the surface maybe, but I never really get to know how they would act when put between a rock and a hard place, and still have some degree of control to act a certain way (because in the Heist things were pretty much spontaneous and everyone was reacting rather than acting). I thing such it is in the later - when one can act and not just react that defines character.

So did I, maybe she was supposed to be. Maybe at one point they thought "nevermind let's discard that one too", who knows.

Now that you said that, what made me wonder really hard was when you called Evelyn and seeing the Face of her when you call her.
this one:
eve.PNG

It was the only character with a "creepy" face like this. I mean not creepy in the sense of disgusting, but more like scary.
I really thought she played a big role and that she is hiding something or at least that theres more into her than we know.

Did you guys have any thoughts when this face came up calling her? since she is the only one that has something like that.

Top Bottom