[SPOILERS] Evelyn Parker, wasted potential! Your Thoughts?

+
It is not only wasted potential it is obviously a lie how she died.
We are to believe she took her own life. I find that very hard to believe considering the blood loss outside ot the tub is enough to lose consciousness.
After that you get a bathtub full of blood again with twice the amount needed to lose consciousness.

So she cuts herself outside the tub drops inside it and keeps cutting herself up some more while bleeding out and kicking and moving to spread the blood around instead of having one big puddle of blood.

Once i saw the bathroom ingame i literally yelled at my screen "BULLSHIT" and started ranting away.

Either that scene was originaly meant to search for a crime and got cut to fit the new story. Or the person who added the blood has no idea how something like that should look. Cause i had the sad opportunity to see someone trying to take their own life that way. And aside from a big puddle of blood and some issues afterwards with your joints the person doesn't move much anymore after the blood loss.

Wasted potential and a very poorly or not accurate done scene in general.

It is not only wasted potential it is obviously a lie how she died.
We are to believe she took her own life. I find that very hard to believe considering the blood loss outside ot the tub is enough to lose consciousness.
After that you get a bathtub full of blood again with twice the amount needed to lose consciousness.

So she cuts herself outside the tub drops inside it and keeps cutting herself up some more while bleeding out and kicking and moving to spread the blood around instead of having one big puddle of blood.

Once i saw the bathroom ingame i literally yelled at my screen "BULLSHIT" and started ranting away.

Either that scene was originaly meant to search for a crime and got cut to fit the new story. Or the person who added the blood has no idea how something like that should look. Cause i had the sad opportunity to see someone trying to take their own life that way. And aside from a big puddle of blood and some issues afterwards with your joints the person doesn't move much anymore after the blood loss.

Wasted potential and a very poorly or not accurate done scene in general.
Sounds like a quest where you was supposed to use your scanner, search for things and the likes. Sad that it ended up like that. I mean she might have killed herself and it portrays how screwed up the world is. But damn, that was a lot of blood. Out of all the ways she could have taken herself out, why did she pick that one?

Sounds like a quest where you was supposed to use your scanner, search for things and the likes. Sad that it ended up like that. I mean she might have killed herself and it portrays how screwed up the world is. But damn, that was a lot of blood. Out of all the ways she could have taken herself out, why did she pick that one?

Exactly. It would not surprise me if the Voodo Boys killed her so she could not reveal anything about them to anyone. Because if you think about it they wan't Alt. The only way to get Alt is trough V. So from their point of view the Chip is gone and Eve is the reason it is gone. However that is also the reason Arasaka could come for them. No loose ends. Eve needs to go before Arasaka finds out what eve knows or does not know.

With the cut content or story parts (no clue which) it doesn't need to go down that way because with the BD you find out about them and can make a deal with them. But without said BD no one would even know the vodoo boys had anything to do with eve. So once you have that BD from a story making point of view Eve has become pointless to exist further for narration reasons.

Still what a waste of potential for a great character and showing the player how ruthless Night City could be to one person alone. We could have had lots of side quests helping Eve get back to her former self or abandoning her because of her lies.
Such a shame...

Agree with most of you.

If characters deaths make sense in term of narration / drama, I was very disappointed to realize that none of my actions could change anything.

With one exception for Takemura.

The game is heavily railroaded, and it's a shame as I expected a lot more freedom / choices (it feels that this is how the game was advertised, but I may be wrong).

Actually, even the VDB mission outcome doesn't change much based on who you side with.

We could have had lots of side quests helping Eve get back to her former self or abandoning her because of her lies.
Such a shame...

This is what could have saved the game for me.

But let's face it : no expansion or DLC will change it.

CDPR will most probalbly release new armors, haircuts, and a battle royale mode ( :sad: ) before even considering touching their base story gaps (don't want to talk about "cut contents" which isn't proved yet).

When replaying pre-heist missions and later Judy's storyline, I keep thinking how big of an wasted potential is Evelyn Parker as a character and her storyline.
The real kicker is that Evelyn's final fate is not necessary to drive Judy's story.
Worst-case scenario attempted suicide would've worked just as well (even if she survives just in a vegetative state).
Best-case scenario Evelyn's survival and recovery could open up possibilities of her involvement in the revenge plot not only against Woodman but also Voodoo Boys.
IMHO Evelyn Parker could have been this game's Keira Metz instead, we get a linear tragic tale that drives another storyline.
Somewhere between 2016 and 2020 CDPR forgot how to design interconnected non-linear storylines. :(

Your Thoughts?
Yeah You're right.
I'm even more disappointed about the fact that after Judy tells you that she buried Ev in the Colombarium near North Oak that there is no grave stone / hologram with her name. I searched the hole Colombarium for her name and found nothing...did I miss it or is there really no Mention of her? T_T

Well, Lets compare Sanra Dorsett and Evelyn Parker, Trauma team International wiped Sandras memory clean she was still a wreck and skittish but yes you have better chances if you can afford Trauma Team Platinium. Considering Voodoo Boys they just forgot to add dialog that V wasted them.

When replaying pre-heist missions and later Judy's storyline, I keep thinking how big of an wasted potential is Evelyn Parker as a character and her storyline.
The real kicker is that Evelyn's final fate is not necessary to drive Judy's story.
Worst-case scenario attempted suicide would've worked just as well (even if she survives just in a vegetative state).
Best-case scenario Evelyn's survival and recovery could open up possibilities of her involvement in the revenge plot not only against Woodman but also Voodoo Boys.
IMHO Evelyn Parker could have been this game's Keira Metz instead, we get a linear tragic tale that drives another storyline.
Somewhere between 2016 and 2020 CDPR forgot how to design interconnected non-linear storylines. :(

Your Thoughts?
I thought I was going to romance her and more quests with her. then boom she's dead, :(

Evelyn is unironically one of my all time favorite video game characters.

So, 100% agreed.
Post automatically merged:

Honestly Evelyn was smarter than anyone gave her credit for. She saw through the fact the Voodoo Boys were going to betray her (something V doesn't if they side with them against Netwatch) and was looking for an exit strategy. She was also aware Dex was untrustworthy.

Unfortunately, no one she knew could protect her from the voodoo boys attack.

i absolutely love her character. I dont mind Evelyn dying, but i really wished she wouldnt have died so early. i would have had more to do with her. she was really intriguing!
That's a problem running through this whole game. It's not the deaths. It's oh, you died already. When I saw her dead at Judy. I didn't get sad. I went WTF. I thought there where more missions with her. WTF did I bother saving you?

Her death is powerful and crucial to the Judy storyline. You guys don't want a narrative driven game, which is what CDPR does. In the witcher 2 you cannot save foltest no matter what you do, because his death is a driving arc for the entire game, same thing with Vesemir in witcher 3 you cannot save him no matter how good you plan, their death is essential plot points. I see a lot of "new fans" here who wanted CDPR to make a Bethesda theme park sandbox, which was never on the table to b begin with.

Evelyn's death is crucial to the dystopian setting of the game, this is not a fucking heroic fantasy where the character chooses who lives and who dies as they please. If you guys did not notice the entire arc and narrative of the game is very personal, about V saving herself/himself not embarking on a righteous crusade to correct all wrongs. Honestly a lot of people here do not understand that point :sneaky::sneaky:.

Your Thoughts?
I assumed this was just a victim of cut content. You start out with three main branches in the story line. Takemura, Evelyn, and Hellman. Possibly three distinct ways to reach your end goal. As we all know though this all eventually gets paired down to 1 path only.

I assumed Evelyn's end was originally only 1 possible end to her story. The others are currently on the cutting room floor with all the player agency.

Moxy3

Forum regular
That's a problem running through this whole game. It's not the deaths. It's oh, you died already. When I saw her dead at Judy. I didn't get sad. I went WTF. I thought there where more missions with her. WTF did I bother saving you?

Thats why i think they wasted her. Literally the most intruiging and best character in the game, died after 2 Missions and you talk only in 1 Mission with her, in the second mission she is just a lifeless body..
They did her super dirty with that move. I bet my ass and everything i have of my belongings that there was more to her character and her story, but they just cut her story short.

If you look at my Profil picture, you can actually see her Phone icon, which is also very creepy. When i saw her phone icon for the first time, i thought to myself; "damn, that does look really scary. she looks so different on her phone icon.. maybe she is hiding something or something like that.

I will never get over her and the fact that they did her so dirty by killing her off in 2 missions.

I agree with this text.
I also want adds that Evelyn tries to fool EVERYONE at the same time. Try to fool Yorinobu, the voodo boys, Dex ... She probably would have even tried to fool you too if she could.

I understand the reason, she was a prostitute fed up with her life, she saw the opportunity of her life and tried to go for it with everything betting all or nothing ... But as you discover things about her, you realize that it was impossible that ended well for her. She was too small for that game.

That's why I like the character. It is a sad story, full of stupid decisions but that you can still fully understand.

I mean... Save her?

tenor.gif

Top Bottom