[Spoilers] Favourite moments and highlights in the story

+
Didn't find another thread about this. Which were your favourite moments in the story?

For me:
1. The Heist - The strongest part of the story even just from a storytelling point of view. The tension is constantly building from the planning of the heist to Konpeki Plaza, the various hiccups and clashes between V and Jackie, Saburo's murder, Jackie's death and Dex's betrayal. Johnny's fragmented memories, V waking up in the landfill, then Vic's revelation of the relic. The talk with Vic was one of the most emotional points of the game and both Vic's and V's voice acting really sold it.

2. Chippin' In - Johnny's turning point after realizing he lost everything, his efforts didn't lead to any real change and he didn't even have a grave ("It's like I never even was"). I really liked the dialogue between V and Johnny and his reaction to writing his name on the bench.

3. The Streetkid - It's my favourite prologue and I just loved the overall atmosphere. V starting with a broken nose in Pepe's bar, with that music playing, the failed attempt to steal the car, Jackie's introduction and confrontation with the police. Would have liked more low level merc content like this.

For me it was the final moment raid arasaka tower with Rouge
While Johnny take the path walking towards the bridge the interaction with V is just great.
Never learn much about the relationship from V side until then

Chippin In but only if the dialogue is choosen that unlocks the secret end, if not i just feel he is the same self serving, using bstrd spewing words he believes V will listen to to get his own way.

Rivers questline for the amount of what if i did this or that moments that can heavily influence "events"

Suicide - A romanced Judy's message (probably the only emotional moment i felt in the game)

Goro - When you go together to see Wakado, hang back, wait and let Goro wait for you in the doorway then listen to the conversation that strikes up, i'd recommend having 6 cool for a follow up

Fear the Reaper - This is what i want, this is why i spent all those hours building my V to storm Arasaka tower solo, just a pity about the epilogue

Tank scene - impressive tbh but needs tweaked

The Heist - The strongest part of the main story.

Pyramid Song - In my opinion the best designed quests in the game and the underwater scenes are jaw dropping.

The series of quests surrounding the Peralez are also very intriguing and we'll written.

The first visit in Clouds. The most extreme and hard decision in my whole game. I forgot who is girl and choose Angel :facepalm:

One of my favorite highlights was in Pacifica when you could fix the Rollercoaster for the Ayisyens who were chilling there prior to the VDB quests, although it's possible to fix it later on outside of it. It really disappointed me because those minor characters - who actually had names! - were one of the few moments where you get a sense of personality in that spot beyond the generic VDBs. Probably the only bright spot of that area aside from Baron Black playing in that marketplace.

I liked Clouds but really wish V could've done more later on as some kind of therapy. The convo scene was great.

I think the Delamain quests were hands-down the best optional questline. I did like the boxing questline but it sucked that you couldn't box any more afterward for rematches, etc. if you won. I'd definitely like to see new optional boxers enter the fray after the main questline is competed every so often so V can really feel like a champion and defend their title.

first mission with trauma team (want full dlc for them)
mission with rebel path song
pyramid with alt
nomad ending (not my canon choice, just the most beautiful)

Chippin in, specifically the "The man who saved my life" dialogue choice. It is really damn emotional because it's the first time you see Johnny that torn.

All along the watchtower. The entire quest, ends on a cliffhanger and needs an extension, but really good. Seeing V from third-person was jarring and was a good decision to mark the end of the base game.

Pyramid song. I mean, best quest in the game imo.

Start of star ending, when you call Panam and V is rushing to explain herself, you've just woke her and she's confused at everything you're saying. When she realises you're in danger and she interrupts with that determined "OK", that hit hard.

End of the heist, obviously.

One of my favorite highlights was in Pacifica when you could fix the Rollercoaster for the Ayisyens who were chilling there prior to the VDB quests, although it's possible to fix it later on outside of it. It really disappointed me because those minor characters - who actually had names! - were one of the few moments where you get a sense of personality in that spot beyond the generic VDBs. Probably the only bright spot of that area aside from Baron Black playing in that marketplace.

I liked Clouds but really wish V could've done more later on as some kind of therapy. The convo scene was great.

I think the Delamain quests were hands-down the best optional questline. I did like the boxing questline but it sucked that you couldn't box any more afterward for rematches, etc. if you won. I'd definitely like to see new optional boxers enter the fray after the main questline is competed every so often so V can really feel like a champion and defend their title.

I agree with you. I also found Pacifica very underwhelming and underused. The obvious exceptions are the meeting with Placide and the rollercoaster quest.

1.pyramid song- Great personal quest revolved around judy. For me it shows how to get good climatic quest focused only on talking that doesn't even stick to game core mechanics. Tbh i wouldn't expect a trip to underwater town in game like this.
2. Nomad ending- It's the most fulfilling ending in the game. I felt happy seeing that V and Judy are going to live together in arizona, it's pretty sad that this ending end with a cliffhanger.
3. johnny flashbacks- i really like that you can't be a good person in them. Johnny was a narcissistic asshole and i think that these quests show that well. Important thing in the main story in johnny's evolution where he starts to see that he let down everybody he knew.
4. Eveline suicide- That quest was probably the first heartbreaking moment in the game. It's probably because i really like Judy :p Anyway these quest is done in a very good way, it's not too long but voice actress and face mimics did a great job here.
5. maelstrom/pacifica main quests- Storywise they are not the best quests in the game. But they are the only ones where u can choose a path to complete this quests- we have a few outcomes in both of them and it's a pity cdpr did something like this in only 2 quests.

There were quite many.

The Heist, the whole setup, how we get to know characters first, then to scene where we meet with Dex and T-Bug. It was phenomenal work. T-Bug there, voice acting and body language matching characters role and personality, all matching perfectly. That was the moment that got me thinking that this game might be something else.

Chandlerian evening or something. Noir was big influence to cyberpunk literature and I thought that it's just a name and it starts so subtly then Johnny starts saying few things... and I thought they possibly can't, this is too good to be true, but heck, they did it! Just amazing piece.

River's family, scene where we play Augmented Reality game with his sisters kids. I don't think I have seen anything like this in any game. Family dynamics and all that, in retrospect, that all build up a lot of other things in game.

Peralez. Powerful people, clever people and the whole setup, again voice, mocap and understanding that people on that social class, they express themselves differently, they think differently and that they are in a way also products of this world, having probably all surgery possible to influence their surroundings intellectually, economically and even sexually. That was great. I really don't care about conspiracy stuff, but as characters they really added new level of depth to game. It's easy to create luxury apartment to give impression of things but then characters are like powerful stupid or something, saying things way other people are saying in expensive suit, kinda why people stop playing games thing. But this was something else.

Brendan. One problem I have with cyberpunk is AI's and anthropomorphized AI's in general but I understand reasons why authors made them banks and hotels and taxi services for example. Brendan questline offered yet another insight to the life in the Night City. We can witness his influence and also how people react when he is missing. Dialogue options in the end, those really got me, like game was anticipating frustration and get out of difficult situation and come out like some ass hole really, but then there was option to back pedal and that was, huge. In retrospect, little things girl smoking a cig in relaxed pose chatting with Brendan and they appear to be having a good time. Whatever Brendan was, how often we ever saw anything like that in Night City. So it was somehow very important to be able to part ways with that girl on good terms. "...nicest person in Night City" a vending machine, yeah that too.

So many little things, walking around naked in nomad camp. Before assault overhearing conversation nomads have while they fix equipment in one of their tents. They talk about very different things than people in Night City, they talk about history, they are analytical and reflect that to where they are now. Noman education. Someone had this grasp about what all kind of things this world is about, and even before all the action, keep that grip, until the very end.

Endings, I really liked the endings. They delivered way beyond expectations. Could write short stories about those but:

Panam: Powerful, beautiful, V's life, there's window to fight for that but that chance for life to continue, and people can head canon that whatever way they like, what kind of person their V was, but for me that option for me V, leave that city, leave all that sociopathy and months, years, chance to grow the fuck up samurai, for different kind of responsibilities.

Johnny & Rogue. I'd just says it really completes character arch of people who aren't complete, perhaps never were to begin with. There is so much in there, but I'm just going to leave this here. Amazing writing.

Arasaki, with Takamura alive, I played that one too. It's very clever, it's very faithful to genre and it really was good use of horror elements and then you hear that the sociopath on top is back in game and you know, that he just ate his own kid, safe to say something happened to him, he wouldn't care who he eats. And all those people with their terrible barebones cyberarms you sometimes saw on streets, they have no access to this technology and they don't even know what's really happening.

It really comes crashing down to us, via everything we experienced, all we saw, through social classes what is power and transhumanism and problems of immortality. I'm very happy we didn't get some magical universe here and some stupid magical approach to transhumanism for people who like to use that word and think it's just another way to experience magic. No, this is cyberpunk.

Last edited:
First few hours into the game, "happy together" side quest really hit me different. At that cemetery or whatever that place is in the game, forgot it's name, when you figure the only friend of dude downstairs was a tortoise. Up to that point of story you lost your best buddy, also lost your life but still alive somehow and it all comes natural because it is a videogame and you have keanu as your companion. But that side quest changed how I see the game, suddenly it made whole city alive, not just some fancy 3d game filled with models and algorithms. It forced me to pay attention to the game at whole another level after that, even to very generic actors/npc. And I eventually went complete non-lethal stealth after this particular side quest and got my mind blown once again because even those ongoing assault missions have strange dialogues and situations if you pay attention. They talk about their gang or some daily stufff or an implant making them sick.

One of these 'ongoing assault' situations this tyger claw bitch was beating a girl then she kneeled down and spit on her face. I couldn't believe my ears and eyes for so much detail ... have so many layers and detail, yet almost like, hidden, unless player pays attention. Masterpiece of game. I didn't even finished the whole main story yet and my mind has blown on so many levels man, I got completely lost in it.

edit: Not a fav moment, but one of the most chilling thing in the game was the petersson's (can't remember) gig, where Regina asks you to steal a BD from this father and son pedophiles protected by maelstorm. One of the few executions I decided to carry on was here. And it felt good.

another part I really liked was when you go out of city with Panam, waiting for cargo ship, V talks about the noise of city and how beautiful and quiet bein out of it. That is masterpiece writing because when I started to play it, that was the case. Night city have so much stimulation (as it should) but it is overwhelming. So many times I tossed the headphone and switched to speakers because of it. Sound design in city is exactly doing what it should. It distracts you to a point of that you can't even hear your own thoughts. And hearing V speaking about that with Panam was another golden moment regarding story - writing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom