[Spoilers] Finished don't fear the reaper at a low level -my guide of sorts

+
Finally managed to do this without having to level up since I seriously hate grinding in any game. I did try to grind a bit, but gave up after a level since everything is really slow imo. Even doing projectile launch system + spawn spots on very hard takes a shitload of time.

Got it done at level 29 on normal so I can shelf this game for a while since this was my main driving force behind playing it after beating the game (did do most of the better side quests). I actually leveled up 6 levels doing the mission, but too bad it didn't save after beating the game :\

So if anyone wants to do this too and can't you can maybe try this. The only problem with this level is basically the two mechs in the lobby, otherwise everything is a breeze with the projectile launch system. There are some issues with lag/relic malfunctions that can trap you sometime, especially if running on an older gen console like me (it's actually a first gen xbox one with kinect, that's how old).

Did anyone actually manage to make quick work of these two? I'm thinking maybe some hacks or tech weapons work but given that I had level 5 tech/intelligence this was not an option for me as I was on a blade build. Every pistol was starting out at 100 damage and capping at like 300-4 for me, so it would probably take at least 30 mins to down a single one with bullets. But after they lose their side guns, they are basically like turtles and they glitch and don't even move towards you anymore if you keep a certain distance so you can just shoot them. But if you barely do any damage, it doesn't help that much.

Here's my sort of guide on it with what I did. First I got about 2.8k armor using armadillo mods (probably no other way at this level really), but not much grinding required for this, just finding empty mod slot legendary stuff throughout the map (probably took like 30 mins in all) and already had some max slot pieces. My armadillo mods were shitty too since I was low level and I only had the rare items craft given my tech level. I didn't think I'd be able to do much damage to the mechs, but thankfully the weapon I've been using the whole game was my main piece came through, so the path was right in front of me. I assume there has to be another method to deal with the mechs but this was the only way I found to deal any sort of damage to them.

I used Oda's Jinchu-Maru (even though it only had like 500ish DPS) as it has a nice perk where the last strike in the combo deals 2x damage and it deals more damage to high health enemies. If you time them right you can get some high combos going, but they have a stomp attack which can wipe you out (you should be able to take a stomp hit at this armor level though, maybe 2-3 on easy) so the main idea is to time them and get high combos going since the mission is somewhat timed, as your max health constantly drops. It's not too hard to dodge once you get the hang of it though. Other blades didn't seem to have this stack combo going, or it wasn't going up as fast, but didn't try it much to really test it.

So in order to do this at a low level (feels like 29 was already pushing it, don't think you can go much below this to do it):

-Get armadillo armor mods to get 2.5k+ armor

-Projectile+ tranquilizers are a must

-Main issue are the mechs in the lobby (and an additional mech later on), time their stomp by backing off charging in again and keep a high combo going with the Jinchu-Maru or similar type of weapon. Make sure to not lose the combo since you have to start up at low damage again otherwise (mine started at like 300 and went up to like 20k+ per hit). They also hit pretty hard even with their regular bullets, that they can almost kill you even with this much armor if you don't pay attention. The stomp attack would leave me with about 60hp, so it was important to not get too greedy with attacks on them and move out of the way once it was incoming. You can also just take them out from a distance once their hp is very low if you want. The best way to do this is to either isolate them and take them out one by one, or try to quickly down them as they fall since the damage multiplier stacks up when they have their side guns active.

- Samurais can also 2 shot you but it shouldn't be hard avoiding them and taking them out with the projectile-tranquilizer combo. Big guys with shotguns one shot you if they get too close though.

- If you get past the main lobby, which is the hardest part by far, and you somehow get unlucky to get one shotted you can reload the game since you get an autosave in the elevator if you quit the game. Happened to me and managed to reset it once. You actually get 3 autosaves I think, the other is before Smasher and one after.
- Adam Smasher is a breeze, I ended him in 20 seconds by just keeping the katana combo going (since it stacks up), he was like a regular enemy pretty much and didn't even manage to attack me once.

-Use cyberware that ups your armor/life/Kerenzikov (especially if you use Jinchu-Maru) and berserk for extra melee dmg.
-Life is being drained so don't take too long looting (doesn't matter) or wandering around. It Probably helps to use the consumable that ups your life by 20% for 30 min too.

-Make sure to have a stock of maxdocs

-Perks that decrease stamina requirements for blades/getting stamina regen is really helpful too

This only works on normal at this low a level. Even with this amount of armor, I still got one shotted by a bullet as I walked in on very hard, so you probably do need to grind up a lot if you want to do it on that setting. Didn't try it on hard, but doubt I'd survive a stomp there. Tech attribute is also shitty, since the 5% armor boost seems to be glitched, but you do probably need at least level 12 for the crafting perks to get better armadillos, I'd think. Being a higher level would give you more armor via each mod too, mine were only getting 118 or so on the uncommon ones. I find that there are a lot of glitches with any of the increase armor by a certain % stuff though, even with stuff like the cold blood extra 10% perk.

Last edited:
Top Bottom