[Spoilers] HoS - The Countess Mignole's love story hints at...?

+
[Spoilers] HoS - The Countess Mignole's love story hints at...?

Just finished "HoS" and it was so good! Can't wait for the second one!

CD Projekt Red team, you were saying that this expansion is the standalone and does not affect any of the events from the main game. It's true, except one: Geralt telling to the Countess Mignole that Vesemir is dead. So, after all, the events of "Hearts of Stone" actually do take place after the main game.

Actually, I'm loving it. So good to play a little longer and live in this great Witcher's world :) After beating the main game, it was empty and sad in Kaer Morhen.

Last edited:
That was a nice scene... I wondered, can you even reach that point when Vesemir is still alive? I mean, with HoS starting around level 30 (or 60) - when you are past the battle of Kaer Morhen - is there even an option to tell her he's still alive?

Has anyone done the expansion before the battle of kaer mohren ? Really curious what the dialog options would be if Vesemir is still alive

Yea im on New game + and the other dialogue is "Vesemir is fine" and he says that he is still at Kaer mohren and that geralt and the other witchers wondered about his past or something like that. She says to not tell Vesemir about her when he talks to him again.

Not necessarily. They could take place after Act 2 but not after the end of main game.

Yea. The expansion was done in a way that it could logically be in any chronological order post White Orchard and Vizima. Though recommended level wise (32), the difficulty of enemies and very high level gear, it realistically shouldn't/wouldn't be played till Act 3 when everyone is in Novigrad. I personally think immersion wise, that's the best chronological point for HoS. Everyone, including Ciri safe in Novigrad, pursuing their own objectives, and no real urgent threat from the Wild Hunt yet

Attachments

• Oxenfurt Academy.jpg
    Oxenfurt Academy.jpg
    317.6 KB · Views: 592
Yea im on New game + and the other dialogue is "Vesemir is fine" and he says that he is still at Kaer mohren and that geralt and the other witchers wondered about his past or something like that. She says to not tell Vesemir about her when he talks to him again.

Can you provide proof?

Can you provide proof?

I can testify for him :D. I also did HoS before the battle of Kaer Mohren and Geralt told the old lady that Vesemir was fine. She also told Geralt not to tell Vesemir but I intended to tell Vesemir anyway. Fortunately for her, Vesemir doesn't have that dialogue option.

*Sigh* Poor Vesemir.

For me that was the sadist part of the game, one of the sadist game scenes of any game I have played, I really liked Vesemir. With that said I think it was a fitting way for an old Witcher to go, after all no Witcher had ever died quietly in his sleep of old age and it was good that he went out with a sword in hand and more importantly surrounded by his friends.

In my first play through I did most of HoS before Isle of mist and I do recall some of the characters mentioning my 'scar' but they were very minor dialog points, it didn't really change anything in the main game.

Top Bottom