[SPOILERS]How would you describe Cyberpunk 2077 after 100+h?

+
I agree to not all but close to every points being said in this post.

The world is beautiful with amazing craftmanship, developers have spent a lot of time of rework and fine tuning. Good gun mechanic. Good story narratives. Good OST. Characters. Hidden secrets. Everything else is just totally underwhelming.

Arasaka corpo will hunt dangerous people. However, V can live as free as possible. Gun blazing all over the NC like no other body else business.

The facial animation is unnatural which doesn't pull me enough to consider the characters of having a soul. At times the lips are desynchronize with the rest of the body. Sometimes feel like an robot animates out sentences that being fed to them. In In most of the situation, players can stand wherever they want while chatting, then characters will turn weirdly towards looking at the player. Other games release this year have a much better overall natural animation than CP. Even Witcher 3 release in 2015 has better facial animation.

Absolutely not a Masterpiece, far from Great, just average.
I give it 6/10.

It's like watching good movie in a run-down cinema. The movie is good but hard to enjoy it, with creaking sound from broken chair, cinema screen keep flickering and bad audio, plus with children keep running around. They promised caramel popcorn but why mine is regular? I'll end up leaving the cinema with back pain and sore eyes.

Still... The movie is good.

Maybe the posts would be shorter, if they listed just the good things :)
The cars looks fine. My V looks fine. Although it was hard do find a face that didn't looked croocked.
Hm....

I played 79 hours, 4 endings and it's a action adventure/FPS with mini-RPG-Elements. Maybe like Far Cry. And I don't like FC.
No need to play 100+ hours to recognize it, it was clear in a really short time.
It is not a RPG, no way.

I'd rate it thusly:

- Roleplaying - Top notch! Although heavily leaning towards the streetkid lifepath, what's in the game is absolutely excellent. You have multiple options to roleplay your character. The attributes open more dialogue options as well as mechanically more options to complete a mission. Almost all side missions have multiple ways to be approached and at least 2 different endings, sometimes more.

- Story - The story telling is some of the best I've ever experienced in gaming! The writers did a tremendous amount of work here and it shows. Both the main and side content is excellent and iconic moments abound in this game. However it does seem quite a bit of story is missing. It feels to me like the whole first act of the game is gone and that the story needed at least 10-15h more to flesh out some of the earlier characters like Jackie, Vik, T-Bug and Misty.

- Gameplay - It's honestly a mixed bag. I find the shooting to be top notch and very enjoyable. The character progression is interesting and opens up a lot of options. Clearly a lot of work went into making the player character look and feel powerful, but unfortunately the same can't be said about the enemies. The player character has a massive arsenal with which to pick apart his enemies, but the enemies don't. Which means that difficulty is simply not there. Enemies are too slow and too lacking to pose any threat against a high level player character. Hopefully they get some improvements.

- Exploration - Night City is amazing and there's a lot to find. The cars are incredible as well. Unfortunately the game does a bad job at communicating that. You're encouraged to use the map markers and not actually explore the map on your own. The minimap is not very informative as well, so despite Night City being full of things to find, most players likely won't find that out because the game teaches them to do the marked content. But if anyone goes off the beaten path there are many things to find that aren't marked on the map. I encourage people to explore and I hope CDPR make improvements here.

- Technically - The game looks incredible on PC, but there are quite a bit of bugs to be experienced. There is also lacking car and pedestrian AI, and just AI in general needs a lot of work. The game is also in need of optimization, as I doubt even people with very high end machines run the game with DLSS Off. DLSS should be something to help with the fps hit from RTX, not something people use to just have a stable 60fps. Hopefully this get remedied.

I could do a deep analysis of the game but I prefer to be practical.

I like the game and once finished it encourages me to play it again with another character, this is something that very few games currently achieve.

So far - solid 9, with a 10 potential with expansions. Maybe technically it should be 7 based on the unfinished stuff but i am NOT going to give 7 to a RPG-lite with a really good adventure story while subsapient fauna gives 10s to their Fortnites and GTAs.

Things i like - good writing, good NPCs, the fact that creators actually nailed the city, world and atmosphere right, that it's a Deus Ex not GTA clone, that it hasn't forgotten the punk in cyberpunk - and simply the fact that it has a soul.
Things i don't like - glitches and MP design influences. i don't like colourcoded lootershootery as such and especially not with poorly thought out and glitchy tables, MP style extreme rarity and MP style grindy skill progression. Any use for player time is better than that.
Things i don't care about: missing emergent gameplay, missing lowest common denominator freeroaming and police rampages -all of that will make it worse rather than better.

After being pointed that in late 2019 official twitter account change description of Cyberpunk2077 from "role-playing" to "action adventure" I really stop looking at this game as RPG because its like 3/10 if you want to play RPG.
As action adventure for me this game have only one BIG gameplay issue , action of main Character do not influence the world, and its so simply fix
Depending of your path in some district you are welcome and in some you have to fight for survive.:
- when you do jobs in hostile territory they take a cut like 70% if they hate you and 30% when you are neutral but you cant be a friend because you life path, 0 if your life path match the district/gang
- if you kill eg Voddoboys they don't sell you or sell you +100% all over the world its cyberspace world so everybody know what you doo.

Simply math equations counting boddy types and adding buffs and % to the store, Jobs and GIGs and they can change gameplay 180'.

Putting 120h into the game with its current story and state?

“Don’t try
—Charles Bukowski

when the game will be fixed as it was meant to be, by all means it will be a solid contender for the game of the current (PS5/XSX) generatio. It has a potential but right now it’s like very young Yennefer before she met Tissaia.

Tho it looks gorgeus and OST is probably the best one I hear in games.

Kadoa

Forum regular
Good game with big potential, but also really disappointing. Masochist as hell since you can see how everything seems to be amazing at first glance(great characters,story,city etc, lot to mention) but then if you try to go deeper you will see lack of content almost everywhere. Game with illusionary choices where nothing you do matter, failing in it's own assumptions since it is all about survival and even that is not possible(6 endings and all with basically same outcome, come on). Sometimes it is better when game is just shit, so you can just forget about it and go on. In this case you will be just left for weeks with feeling of emptiness and bitterness cause of knowledge of how this game could look. Truly a masochist simulator.

Last edited:
215 hrs in ... started all 3 paths but... we are playing the street kid just because the way he talks... Full on street kid.

The game is good but the main story and the open world dont match. We have full on linear game which "some" choices that are good like Takemura though the game lies to us instead of saying nothing the game and jonny say get out... Id rather have no objectives in that mission.
-It is very, vey linear that doesnt match the RPG elements and the open world that is amazing but soo shallow and dead that its like another company made the city and another company filled it with crap and AI...
-This game is like split in half..
-Feels like someone had a project and got scrapped and only the best details were saved and made this other game that was not supposed to be an open world but they just saved it for the multiplayer...
-The main story like i said, very linear with dialogue that tries to go somewhere but it comes back with the same conclusion.
- Act 1 cut.. probably 90% of it or worst case there wasnt an act 1 at all..
-Act 2 should have been the 1st expansion after we become night city legend and should have been called the chronicles of jonny silverhand the guy who stole Vs story lol ..
-Act 3 is just one big final mission cut in 20 different pieces.
-We were just playing a movie...
-Characters could have been amazing. But they are not. And they wont be. Reason is that someone rushed the whole project and that was it.
-The open-world needs more "things" it feels very empty.. it feels like a looter-shooter at best.(which i think they were aiming for.)
-If the story was cut.. wouldnt make any difference because i played 70 hrs with no story and nothing happens. V doesnt die lol . Just the game would have been shorter for 23 hrs and nothing more.
- No systems in place to feel like something is changing. You hear it on the radio but that is it..You can attack arasaka, millitech and nothing will happen after you are out :D people that say this has RPG elements and think of leveling and skill treee ohhh boi .. you guys havent seen anything...

Open world city - 10/10
AI -2/10
Main story - 4/10
Main story side quests - 6/10
Side quests - 6/10
Looter - shooter material - 20/10
Lies and marketing - 101/10
Hyped game over 9000/10
If the game wasnt hyped this is an 8/10
But it was hyped big time so its 5/10

This is a game movie with an open world made for multiplayer - basic looting and shooting.... nothing else.
Did they lied about pretty much everything. Yeah and i wanna play their game when it comes out.

I played on Xbox Series X. After around 110 hours (105 on the save plus however long the endings took) I have done every single achievement, every gig, every side mission and every NCPD scanner event. I did every secret mission I knew of and even made the climb up to Vs mansion to get the normally unobtainable items and broke out of the map to explore the outer limits of the game. I played the entire game on Very Hard.

The main thing I have to say is that after doing everything and working hard to max out my build (tech rifle and shotgun based) I really just wish I had more things to do with it. Towards the end, even on Very Hard, encounters became far too easy. I usually simply ping all the enemies around and snipe them through walls with Widow Maker, or I could simply run in and massacre everything in 2 shots with Ba Xing Chong without even hardly aiming at anything.

Now I do appreciate feeling overpowered after perfecting my build. And running into a mission and destroying everything easily is still fun. But my main problem is after doing everything there is to do on the map, it feels like there is nothing left to do at all. No repeatable quests, no mission reset, no new game plus, no end game whatsoever. I really, really want to continue playing my character because it's fun but it seems like the game is just telling me to stop or play another character. I tried playing a new character as a netrunner build but I'm really just doing all the same missions again.

I don't feel like doing it all over again so I just put the game down. But to be fair, I have considered a $60 game to be worth the purchase price after getting far, far less than 110 hours out of it.

There are enough long posts, so I'll keep mine short.

7/10 overall for me, a good game but falls short of great.
Its high points aren't enough to raise it completely above its weak points, it certainly doesn't reach the highs that The Witcher 3 had.

Bugs and jank aside, there is an endless feeling of content being cut. Abrupt endings and conclusions to characters, quests and origin stories. A real lack of open-world systems and mechanics in general.

The real side quests (not gigs) are mostly good and the main story is pretty good but surprisingly short.

I gave the game 2 of 5 Stars on GoG.

The game is an very hard okay to sink time in it for me as an meta gamer with no other hobbys ...
I have 2 Playthroughs (Male Corpo/Female Streetkid) and im just burning time at this point with my second(Female) ...
You can clearly see all the broken Promises and missed opportunities left and right ... anyone checked the vending machine in your appartment?

Makes me really sad.

I always buy new pcs for new games which i find worth the investment. (4k€ this one for cyberpunk)
So i have no performance issues with the game and it looks amazing however ...
I bought the Gog version and for the first time ever (gaming since 1993) i bought a collectors edition for a game. Ps 4 version for my nephews.
God bless i told my sister that she has to wait for some patches. She tryed the game a few days ago and checked it for her kids because of the adult content.
She could play 6 hours without a crash and the game looks pretty nice on her basic ps4 she sayed.

Back to topic sorry ...

I could now write down a list what me bothers the most.
But wont do it, everyone can easily name 10 things to improve.
I will name only 2.

1. The huge amount of pointless sidequests and the short timespan we have with our friends.
Missed opportunitys to involve our friends:
Police missions should involve River.
Badland missions should involve Panam/Mitch/Saul.
Japantown stuff with Judy.
You get my point?

2. All the open quests, most interesting quests are just over with no conclusion, peralez as example. Even the endings of the game are no endings. Let me play too the point my character dies or let me live my live.

So far i would describe the game as an utter failure.
While i saw the failures of anthem and fallout 76 already comming months ahead of the release, cyberpunk hit me in the gut as jackie would say.

At this point their best option is to make the game as playable as possible and then back to the drawing board like Bioware did with anthem.
The story especially the ending of the game breaks the whole immersion at this point. With everyone moving on and leaving night city and V is dying... Im not really eager to continue playing.
I work as an prison guard so i have pretty dark days sometimes. And an game that gives me 6 dark endinges where suicide (im confronted with that regularly) is an plausible option is not my cup of tea.

Days radio silence ... Folks speaking of an comeback like no mans sky or Final fantasy 14 did.
You know, no mans sky was an indie at that time.
And the ff14 lead developers were standing on stage, crying, bowing and promissed they would do better in front of their fans.

Whats cdpr doing so far?
Releasing because ... Holiday sales with several countries on lockdown and mega hype.
(i find 13 mio sales not that impressive under the circumstances)
And then call it a day and go on vacation.

That is my impression of cdpr and cyberpunk after
226 hours / 1 Month after release

Top Bottom