[SPOILERS]How would you describe Cyberpunk 2077 after 100+h?

+
After 250+ hours,

I would say this game is a masterpiece.
It breaks all rules, bring immersion to a next level, and bring a philosophical and politcal engagement never seen in any other video game. Artistically, the universe is amazing, i love it. The lore is huge. And actor's performance is delightfull. I really love the story and how it grows to the end, despite i never liked this dialogue system, and was hoping to see more decisive choices offered to player.

However, i also think that the game suffer from the lack of ambition of the team in terms of gameplay. There is a good part of this gameplay that feel terrible probably because of the youth of the game (like motorcycle that don't lean and can't brake, or the monowire that do not strangle, super random loot system, etc...), but there is also an other part like this hacking minigame (wich is decent but is sadly the only netrunning specific gameplay part, until you end up hating it), the crafting systems (also feels super rough and cheap), or the character animation system, that all looks to be unhappy development choices.

I must also say that i dislike arcade FPS gameplay, with basic health system, with nearly blind and deaf ennemies that requires several headshot to be taken down but can instantly rise the alarm... I guess it's related to RPG heritage, or maybe commercial assume most people like it, but clearly i don't. And i think it ruin combat gameplay in every FPS/RPG i played so far (but EFT).

Nonetheless, i would sincerely recommand this game to any pc gamer with a powerfull rig, because of the universe, the story, and the work of all artists involved in the project.
What?. ... is this your first game?

rofl
thats like asking someone why he likes the color blue

you can read a book and be fully immersed in the story,
immersion dosnt have only to do with what you can change or manipulate everything in the world

and if you dont like the story, its ok.
there are lots of people out there who dont like Bladerunner, or Lord of the Rings,
but there are also people that do

and Cyperpunk dose have one of the best storys in my opinion that we could play in last years
dont tell me AC Valhalla or even GTA V had better storys
Comparing blade runner and lord of the rings to this games story is not a great idea.

blade runner had an actual open ending AND a satisfying conclusion - something this games story fails to deliver. In addition, this games ending has retcons, possible out of character behavior, reused tropes and one of the most clumsy plottwists I have ever witnessed. The continuity of the story is sacrificed for a cheap emotional response.

The story IS highly immersive but the pacing during act 2 is totally off and does not work in an open world game, because the freedom to act in the open world are contradicted by the (false) sense of urgency the story hammers into the player.

The quality of the story is good (partially pretty good) but significantly falls off at the end of act 3 and in the epilogue and relies far too much on its presentation.

Comparing blade runner and lord of the rings to this games story is not a great idea.

blade runner had an actual open ending AND a satisfying conclusion - something this games story fails to deliver. In addition, this games ending has retcons, possible out of character behavior, reused tropes and one of the most clumsy plottwists I have ever witnessed. The continuity of the story is sacrificed for a cheap emotional response.

The story IS highly immersive but the pacing during act 2 is totally off and does not work in an open world game, because the freedom to act in the open world are contradicted by the (false) sense of urgency the story hammers into the player.

The quality of the story is good (partially pretty good) but significantly falls off at the end of act 3 and in the epilogue and relies far too much on its presentation.

This sheds a LOT of light on what went off the rails here. It gets overlooked because they saw how obvious it was even 3 years ago :ROFLMAO:

After 100 hours I would say that this game is a broken POS. I literally can't play anymore and just get a black screen when loading a save file. Steam won't give me a refund; I've been scammed. I will never buy another CD project red game.

Clearly unfinished and without needed extra dev time

At this point I will be happy to have it exactly how it is with stable 30fps and less (not none) bugs

After 100 hours I would say that this game is a broken POS. I literally can't play anymore and just get a black screen when loading a save file. Steam won't give me a refund; I've been scammed. I will never buy another CD project red game.
why would you belive, that steam will give you a refung after playing 100hours?
and goodby

No, but AC Odyssey or Red Dead Redemption 2 have)
oh, i did like Odyssey very much.. but better story, not for me?
and Red Dead Redemption 2? i thought it was booring as hell...
if talking about slow pace, RDR2 comes into my mind
but thats just my personal opinion

but hey, like i did say befor...
we all like diferent things, and thats ok.
but if someone tells you, that he likes/loves the game, dont try to tell them that they cant like it, just because you dont like it

oh, i did like Odyssey very much.. but better story, not for me?
and Red Dead Redemption 2? i thought it was booring as hell...
if talking about slow pace, RDR2 comes into my mind
but thats just my personal opinion

but hey, like i did say befor...
we all like diferent things, and thats ok.
but if someone tells you, that he likes/loves the game, dont try to tell them that they cant like it, just because you dont like it
Of course everyone who is okay with CP77 as it is, has every right to enjoy. But we, who don't, aim not at you, but at devs, we want to be listened.

because the game is unplayable for me now. I would expect the game to at least be playable.
so you cant load your savegame, thats something thats around since the release...
savegame maxfile size was 8mb.. and later boostet up to 14mb...
my gamefile sizes are all under 5mb... so how did your files become so big?
did you craft->sell->craft rince and repeat?
because thats how you get your save file so big

if your savegame got corrupted by other mean, i apologize
if it is the crafting thing, you kida should have known this bug

oh btw...
i realy like the voice acting
TV-Shows and movies i mostly watch in english...
but the german version is realy good and has some of the best german speaking voiceactors around

i think its also impressive, that a normal movie takes like 14k takes to synchronize
and Cyberpunk took 93k takes to synchronize

Many quests of this game strongly look like they were linked to some cut game mechanics. So hear my theory:

Remember strong dev's hints on cyberpsychosis danger? And empty 6th Attribure tab? In my opinion, that would be Empathy attribute, linked to the number and power of V's cyberware, his choices and gameplay. Packed with chrome as Smasher, treat other people like shit and use cyberware left and right? V's Empathy score drops below zero, his dialog lines and choices change accordingly, V loses romantic options (because he sees no more reason in this pointless meatbag emotions and disqusting liquids exchanges) and in the end gladly joins Alt, not asking player, because see no point in staying in meatbag's world when chance to ascend to pure data awaits him. And quests like cyberpsycho hunt, Delamain, rollercoaster repair and many more would decrease/increase V's Empathy. As violent or non-violent enemy takedowns, Dishonored-style. Killing men left and right? Welcome to team Skynet). Restrain yourself from massacre? Enjoy high Empathy, additional dialogue options, non-violent quest resolution and romance options.
Post automatically merged:

I tried calling her to hook up again. Nope. Ghosted :cry:
She took everything she ever needed from you, for she is egotistic corpo-bitch)

Remember strong dev's hints on cyberpsychosis danger? And empty 6th Attribure tab? In my opinion, that would be Empathy attribute, linked to the number and power of V's cyberware, his choices and gameplay.

Wasn't it the 'humanity' stat from the TT game?

Many quests of this game strongly look like they were linked to some cut game mechanics. So hear my theory:
it was stated 2 years ago, that V cant get Cyberpsychosis
https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/92btg0
also if you would get it, your kinda pretty much dead
it has also to do with how much cyberware you have installed.
you can install more with a bigger constitution but theres always a limit, and it changes with age.

i would have loved to see a max limit of stuff you can install based on your constitution
on the other hand, people would just use mods or cheat

That's why I would implement Empathy, affecting the choices and endings. Just cyberware limit and risk of cyberpsychosis alone are lame and easily fixed via patches, as you correctly noted.

i would have loved to see a max limit of stuff you can install based on your constitution

Why would you concern yourself with what "other" people do?

And please, drop the "mods are like cheating" crap. It's puritan nonsense. Especially in the context of a SINGLE player game.

Top Bottom