[SPOILERS]How would you describe Cyberpunk 2077 after 100+h?

+

Crudeo

Forum regular
I would lable the game as an open action-adventure/FPS with roleplay elements.

You play as female street kid V and experience Johnny's Requiem.

Quest can be solved guns blazing or stealthy.

You can save Takemura.
Can chose which millitech agent to live and unlock up to 7 endings.

You have 2 romance options and some ONS.

The game is shipped with some mods to alter your gender, that will switch around your romance options. 2 each in total (male/female each)

There is a corpo mod, that lets you start the game as an Arasaka counterintelligence agent, but it's just a tucked in mod, so don't get too excited.

Or a nomad start, also just tucked on.

But the dialogue options can be enriching.

I would give the game 6/10

Graphic is nice, but glitchy.
World looks nice but feels barren.
Story is okay. No big twists, pretty linear.

300hrs if you don't give me something your dead. If you force me to be nice to get something your dead after i get it.

Terminator meets Blade runner basted in Ghost in the Shell...the trailers not the full films...that would be silly.

2/10 - RPG
7/10 - Looter/Shooter
5/10 - Action/Adventure

101+ hours

+ Excellent writing
+ Excellent characters
+ Terrible Life Path openings. Needed each to be an hour long and have actual gameplay.
+ Weak main quest
+ Very strong side quests. I think all of them are better, including helping Kerry fight Babymetal. Many would make better main quests like River's or Judy's.
+ ACT I probably could have been its own game and then Act II a Cyberpunk 2077 sequel.
+ Could have used a couple of more quests with Jackie as your main man.
+ I like all the supporting cast. ALL OF IT.
+ Fuck Evelyn's death
+ Jackie's death was really well handled.
+ Johnny was well done but he needed some more equally big personalities to play off of. More Alt Cunningham, Saburo Arasaka, and so on to distract from his overly inflated role.
+ Weird relationship with sex with all the sleazy advertising and strippers but very little nudity as well as only a few romances.
+ The game treats Arasaka with kids gloves and barely has Militech.
+ The game lacks a real villain and suffers for it.
+ Major quests like the Peralzes and Cyberpyscho Sightings just sort of taper off.
+ Weak endings
+ They could have removed the looting element of the game entirely and just kept all the guns working the same with no health progression via level and the game wouldn't have suffered in the slightest.
+ I love the sleazy side gigs and writing for being a street level mercenary.
+ You work for the cops way too much in the game.
+ The Assaults were unnecessary and should have just been unmarked things you stumble on. Maybe call Crime in Progress, "Detective Work"
+ The game is basically Cyberpunk Skyrim versus the Witcher 3.

Grindy, repetitive, useless, unimmersive. Beautiful, and the songs and sountrack are really great, the highlights of the game.

Grindy: because there are a ton of NCPD missions unlinked to each other, full of texts that aren't important to V. Missions have too many meaningless loot to take and sell for too little money. Feels like an MMO from years ago.

Repetitive: because the fixer system kills any kind of personal link that V could have with the contractor. It's always doing the same kind of jobs for faceless clients.

Just as NCPD doesn't have any personal link to V, it's just there if you want to grind.

Useless: because most of things in this game aren't connected to any gameplay effect. Here are some points:

a) The variety of foods and drinks doesn't matter, as they always give nutrition or hydration effect.

So when the game says that rich people eat real food or enhanced food, in the lore, that information is killed by this useless variety, as food always provide the same effect and have almost the same cost. Alchool doesn't provide any positive status.

b) All of consumables are in the same menu, and the game provides only 1 hotkey for consumables.

So the player always use the hotkey for curing in battle. Reaching the item menu is really clunky, when the player gets there, there is this horrible visual polution by mixed items (buff, alchool, cure, food, drink). In the end the player hardly uses them.

c) Showering/ sleeping doesn't grant any kind of bonuses, so the player have no practical/gameplay reason to go to the apartment.

This was never a problem in TW3, as Geralt's house grant bonuses for sleeping, and have a lot of useful tools (crafting/alchemy)

d) Cat pet is cool, but is useless, as you can't even pet it after it's in the apartment.

e) Wardrobe is nice, but should serve as a stash to put equipments, not only spawn clothing. As it is, it's almost useless.

f) Nudity: useless. NPCs doesn't have any kind of reaction if you go around naked.

g) The so advertised style is useless too, as you can't even dress as you like, options are very limited and if you dress for style, you'll probably end up dead in battle.

If you dress for armor and protection, you'll go to battle with a ludicrous look.

People won't have any reaction because V is a Neo-kitsch, or because V is an entropist. So the "style" sold in CP2077 is useless.

h) Police system is completely useless, as they only makes the player back off some meters. There's no fee, no corruption system, not even a minimal chance for them to behave in an immersive way.

i) Choices: most of them are completely useless, as they don't change anything in the game.

As there is no morality system, nor choice and consequence system in the world, the only concern is to don't say/decide something that will lock the player out of some item/quest.

As some side quests doesn't have any continuity, except for the relationship/friendship quests, it doesn't matter what is chosen, as there will be nothing to affect the player. This kills the replay value of the game.

Unimmersive: it's ironic that a world so beautiful and well designed works in the most artificial way possible.

People's reacts in the most obviously scripted way, if the player shoots, turn back, and look again, most of the people will disappear.

Most vendors won't negotiate with V, not even work properly as they usually stay in the same place, with arms crossed, and when activated, they just talk some nonsense.

There is no places to have fun in Night City, only night clubs and it's very boring there, as you can dance with limited moves, the bartender is a generic item seller, no drink animations, no fights, no flirting, no pick up lines, no antagonizing, very bland experience.

It's a game with very high notes in some parts, but very low notes in other parts. It's mediocre, behind the thick layer of bugs and glitches.

One and done.

I'll come back for the patches and freebies as they come to see how they effect the game. But a full playthrough? Not likely. Paid DLC or expansion? Nope. Not unless the free stuff includes the changes I want to see. Even now I'm just goofing off killing cops and Trauma Team for whatever epic or legendary stuff they might drop :ROFLMAO:

Positives:
+ Characters and character side content
+ World Visual Design
+ Ambiance
+ Shooting

Negatives:
- Completeness
- Features
- Immersion
- Open world
- Quest design
- Driving

• 60% looter-shooter, 20% good character stuff, 20% so-so main story
  • Visually stunning, but the beauty is only skin deep
  • Incredible amounts of missed and wasted potential
  • A linear, action-adventure game dropped into an unrealized open world

As there is no morality system, nor choice and consequence system in the world, the only concern is to don't say/decide something that will lock the player out of some item/quest.

This is not true as there is consequence for multiple main quests, just not the small ones.

Well, as a supposed RPG it’s just terrible. There is a handful of high points to be found among the gigs, but otherwise it just does an all around bad job at it. The mechanics are lacking and lame which makes the gameplay a repetitive chore for too much of the time which in turn makes enjoying the good bits of storytelling very hatd. Interactivity is nearly absent altogether and the protagonist is too set which diminishes player agency even further.

The writing is good on one hand, but on the other it’s very hasty in how it tries to build up the care-factor and believability in how different relationships (not romances) are formed, and how fast the story itself moves. The player has very little time to get acquainted with the characters and events to really care about any if it.

As a stat shooter or a poor mans Deus Ex it’s passable. The level design is passable giving plenty of options, so there’s that. And there’s plenty of meat to grind all around. And that’s really 90% of what you do in the game besides watching semi-interactive cutscenes and being in awe of the AI while traveling in the prop city and trying to get your breach protocol skill up by hacking vending machines so that you could get that ”ten second damage buff after a headshot” perk, all the while you’re collecting all the trash you can possibly find so you can craft 1000 shotguns to get some money (going to any vendor and offering him a huge pile of take-away coffees and food you found among garbage on the ground) and your crafting skill up to get to craft a legendary t-shirt from batteries and electrical components. It’s very arcade and grindy in a Diablo sort of of way, and I suppose that was the idea too. To lure the player into a sort of addicting loop of constantly getting better stuff few digits at a time and thinkin ”I’m improving!” It can be fun in certain circumstances, yes, but here it just feels kinda out of place and is rather poorly implemented to boot.

It can, however, offer a very potent powerfantasy within its world. For how long that is entertaining in its simplicity, is the players personal decision.

I think CDPR struck its axe to a stone with this one. They had all the makings of an excellent Cyberpunk RPG in their hands with 2020, but they just decided not to use it anywhere else, but in a list of familiar names and back ground lore.

What a shame. But life goes on.

This is not true as there is consequence for multiple main quests, just not the small ones.

You picked one phrase and isolated it from the context. Here:

i) Choices: most of them are completely useless, as they don't change anything in the game.

"MOST of the are completely useless". Then follows the explanation.

I never said that "ALL" choices doesn't have any consequence, but that "MOST" of them doesn't.

After 190 hours played....

The game has RPG elements, action elements, open world (for the record, this term is too flexible, non-specific and should be reevaluated as a way to describe video games) elements. It has a cinematic narrative. Overall, I think I'd label it an action game with a cinematic narrative and a healthy dose of looter shooter.

I think this is similar to TW3 in some capacity. Although, I'd allow TW3 to swing more toward the RPG side of the spectrum for... various reasons. And TW3 didn't have quite an offensive loot/gearing system (not that it was good either).

The main reason I wouldn't give CP this leeway is the progression choices, as expanded as they have been, simply do not matter enough to make the player care one iota about the proper course of action based on the character traits. Furthermore, it frequently fails to deliver options for the player to change much on the narrative side from selecting improvement A over B. Basically, choices you make about your character largely don't matter. This second area is not something you would notice without exploring multiple possible pathways through individual quests.

The game does have RPG elements within it though. I think.... We can just leave it at saying the game is a diverse bag. Since a lot of newer games behave the same way I personally choose to define a game by where it appears to be focused. In this case it's focus is the action, the narrative and the city. Which... I gotta say, those areas range from passable to very good. The narrative and action are good most of the time. The city itself is breathtaking.

Clarification of the looter shooter portion is probably not in order. Just in case... If you make your game in a way where the player constantly has to remind themselves, "Okay, I think I got everything.", and "Fuck, I missed something.", and "Let's do another pass.", I will henceforth accuse it of having looter shooter in it.

This all brings us to.... Action game with a cinematic narrative and a healthy dose of looter shooter.

I lost my 100 hour save, was close to the end.
Restarted a new and loving the game, gunplay etc. Great story and keanu reeves character and acting is awesome!
I've enjoyed him in most movies but through this game he's acted (voiced) more through in game than most of his films.
It still feels new to me, taking my time again.
Love the rock and roll feel to it, being 43 years old and growing up with rock.

You picked one phrase and isolated it from the context. Here:

"MOST of the are completely useless". Then follows the explanation.

I never said that "ALL" choices doesn't have any consequence, but that "MOST" of them doesn't.

Annd your choices in all the quest doesn't ripple through your game world, chancing that world.
Doesn't chance the outcome to the main ending you get ether.. Only if you completed a quest or not.

Boring. I would describe it as boring. And wildly unsatisfying, that is, at least until dlc comes out. Wasn't the biggest fan of the Keanu centered story, nor the lack of decision making that actually made a difference part. I was also wildly disappointed in the fact that what decisions you make didn't change how people or corporations interacted with you...and 50 other things. I mean all these threads are beating the same dead horse.

The game is definitely not terrible. I can even say I remotely enjoyed my first two playthroughs. Everything about this game comes down to how nitpicky and critical you want to be. It definitely did not live up to he 8 years of hype though.

I did not even reach 100 hours.

Immersion is great during main missions but falls flat in the open world.

The writing of the story is not consistent and massively falls off in act 3 and in the epilogue.

Pacing of the story and the gameplay don't match.

Player agency is irrelevant beyond two side missions

Loot is boring and repetitive
crafting is boring and repetitive
Open world is like decaffeinated coffee.
Skill system is boring and repetitive

Replayability is very low.

Top Bottom