[SPOILERS]How would you describe Cyberpunk 2077 after 100+h?

+
maybe, but thats part of the pen&paper... (same goes for shadowrun)
it dosnt have anything to do if your char is an angle or an ass
its just how far you are a machine or still human
Post automatically merged:

Why would you concern yourself with what "other" people do?

And please, drop the "mods are like cheating" crap. It's puritan nonsense. Especially in the context of a SINGLE player game.
i didnt say that, and i mod and cheat the hell out of the game... like i do with every game
i just cant complain about stuff, that i forced with cheating..
like the char is to strong, money is to easy to get, components are to easy to get, everyone is a onesshot kill..
because thats mostly related due to using cheats or bugs

maybe, but thats part of the pen&paper... (same goes for shadowrun)
it dosnt have anything to do if your char is an angle or an ass
its just how far you are a machine or still human
Post automatically merged:

i didnt say that, and i mod and cheat the hell out of the game... like i do with every game

Ahh, apologies. Your comment just seemed to come off that way.

That aside, I think the humanity stat would have played very well in the context of the game. Whereas the more "machine" you are, the less "human" people respond toward you. Fear, resentment, and even envy could be the response emotions you'd receive from NPCs, or even various main characters.

Ahh, apologies. Your comment just seemed to come off that way.

no worries m8
what i just dont like are people saying, (and i dont whant to point fingers here)
they think its due to cut content, which clearly isnt the truth
like they cut cyberpsychosis which they didnt
they cut the penthouse of V.. here we can cheat our way into, which is also a lie because its part of some endings

and so on

for me
i got what i was expecting. Witcher 3 in the Cyberpunk univers.
and for me the storrytelling is on par if not even better then witcher 3/heart of stone/Bood& wine is
When i listend to some people, what they did expect i can only facepalm.
theres not a single game that can even come close to what people whant
well StarCitizen will maybe be the 1st... but thats another whole controversial conversation

p.s.
the kind of trolling, like i dont wanna play a smoker, is just unbelivable

Last edited:
no worries m8
what i just dont like are people saying, (and i dont whant to point fingers here)
they think its due to cut content, which clearly isnt the truth
like they cut cyberpsychosis which they didnt
they cut the penthouse of V.. here we can cheat our way into, which is also a lie because its part of some endings

and so on

for me
i got what i was expecting. Witcher 3 in the Cyberpunk univers.
and for me the storrytelling is on par if not even better then witcher 3/heart of stone/Bood& wine is
When i listend to some people, what they did expect i can only facepalm.
theres not a single game that can even come close to what people whant
well StarCitizen will maybe be the 1st... but thats another whole controversial conversation

p.s.
the kind of trolling, like i dont wanna play a smoker, is just unbelivable
So how do you know what is true about cut content? Because a company says so? Are you this naive? There are clearly differencens between what was shown in the promo phase of the game and the actual product. There have been traces in the Game of cut content. As an example, if you look at the image below, often used in the promo pase, you can actualy see that in the mirror the same icons are shown that can now be seen in the mirrors of the actual product so there seemed to be at least an idea to implement a face costomisation option in game. As the mirrors are functioning now (or not) it seems broken or not finnished. Due to those differences of information and on the other hand similarities of images and trailers ,used in earlier phases of the Game development, and the Game now, many theories of cut content surfaced. I am not saying the game is bad as it is. But it definately had an rough start and now somehow "feels" not finnished. At least that is how I feel. BUT the Game is definitaly not the next gen RPG that was promoted by CDPR. And do not forget the first trailer of the game idea was shown 8 years ago! And this is the product of 7/8 years development? By CDPR? Dont get people wrong for being disturbed and disapointed. Don't belittle the expectations of gamers because lower expectations will actually lower the quality of future games.
Cyberpunk-2077-Will-Feature-More-Romance-Options-Than-The-Witcher.jpg

Last edited:
So how do you know what is true about cut content? Because a company says so? Are you this naive? There are clearly differencens between what was shown in the promo phase of the game and the actual product. There have been traces in the Game of cut content. As an example, if you look at the image below, often used in the promo pase, you can actualy see that in the mirror the same icons are shown that can now be seen in the mirrors of the actual product so there seemed to be at least an idea to implement a face costomisation option in game. As the mirrors are functioning now (or not) it seems broken or not finnished. Due to those differences of information and on the other hand similarities of images and trailers ,used in earlier phases of the Game development, and the Game now, many theories of cut content surfaced. I am not saying the game is bad as it is. But it definately had an rough start and now somehow "feels" not finnished. At least that is how I feel. BUT the Game is definitaly not the next gen RPG that was promoted by CDPR. And do not forget the first trailer of the game idea was shown 13/14 years ago! And this is the product of 13/14 years development? By CDPR? Dont get people wrong for being disturbed and disapointed. Don't belittle the expectations of gamers because lower expectations will actually lower the quality of future games.
View attachment 11140505
No it isnt
it just a promo video.. like most game trailer
your interpreting that this is cut content, why becaue you did see something in a renderd trailer?? lol
13/14 years in the making?
doh..
dunno but Blood and Wine was released 2016... and only after that they turned to cyberpunk...
which is well ~5 years in the making... (maybe early concept did start befor that- 1st teaser trailer is 8 years old but that dosnt mean they start active work on the game)
but yeah.. keep telling yourself that CDPR did start with Cyberpunk in the year 2007.. the year CDPR released the Witcher 1
which was the 1st game they did release

and about cut content...
people belive this is all cut contend
which is a plain and simple lie that people still tell to each other because the wanna feal good or something

also some stuff just didnt work... like the robot control.. it was shown in a dev video where they showd how bad it was
the flathead stuff wasnt that great for sure
and if you wanna ride the metro.. which i personaly dont get, take a look at StarCitizen.. its just a booring timesink

further
the german translation/vocalisation did start early 2019, and it took them one year to make the vocal translations
94k takes, most movies are ~14k takes, and it took then ~1year
also they used the englisch vocals as a meta, which means the whole english vocalisation was done befor that
the englisch vocalisation should also took ~1 year...
so the whole vocalasation started 2018... the writing did start way befor that..
and still people claim that CDPR did change the whole story because of keanu reeves joined 2018
i bet there where slight adjustments (its a creative process after all).. but not a complete change in the story

i get it that PS4 & X-Box one people feal robed and betrayed, and they have all right to feal so
but that most people thought that cyberpunk would be secondlive/survival/minecraft game is just hillarious
because all games CDPR did so far are story driven action rpgs,
and cyperpunk is an RPG by definition according to wiki....
search for the is cyberpunk an rpg post

Last edited:
No it isnt
it just a promo video.. like most game trailer
your interpreting that this is cut content, why becaue you did see something in a renderd trailer?? lol
13/14 years in the making?
doh..
dunno but Blood and Wine was released 2016... and only after that they turned to cyberpunk...
which is well ~5 years in the making... (maybe early concept did start befor that- 1st teaser trailer is 8 years old but that dosnt mean they start active work on the game)
but yeah.. keep telling yourself that CDPR did start with Cyberpunk in the year 2007.. the year CDPR released the Witcher 1
which was the 1st game they did release

and about cut content...
people belive this is all cut contend
which is a plain and simple lie that people still tell to each other because the wanna feal good or something

also some stuff just didnt work... like the robot control.. it was shown in a dev video where they showd how bad it was
the flathead stuff wasnt that great for sure
and if you wanna ride the metro.. which i personaly dont get, take a look at StarCitizen.. its just a booring timesink

further
the german translation/vocalisation did start early 2019, and it took them one year to make the vocal translations
94k takes, most movies are ~14k takes, and it took then ~1year
also they used the englisch vocals as a meta, which means the whole english vocalisation was done befor that
the englisch vocalisation should also took ~1 year...
so the whole vocalasation started 2018... the writing did start way befor that..
and still people claim that CDPR did change the whole story because of keanu reeves joined 2018
i bet there where slight adjustments (its a creative process after all).. but not a complete change in the story

i get it that PS4 & X-Box one people feal robed and betrayed, and they have all right to feal so
but that most people thought that cyberpunk would be secondlive/survival/minecraft game is just hillarious
because all games CDPR did so far are story driven action rpgs,
and cyperpunk is an RPG by definition according to wiki....
search for the is cyberpunk an rpg post
Sorry but you are too naive. The developement of a Game starts with an idea. The idea started 8 years ago (2013 my bad) and so started the developement of the game. And still what CDPR delivered is not what I expect after 8 years development. I am not just talking about programming the game. But creating visials, concepts, strategies, teams the promo and so on. This also includes getting Sponsors and celebrities on board.
Also, I did talk about a trailer (and pictures btw) because that is what all companies use to promote the developement of a product and to sell the actual product on the marked. If they use false information to raise false expectations it may be called fraud or scam. Not the viewer of an trailer is at fault for beliving that, what is shown in the trailer, will be in the actual game, it is the creator of the trailer who uses false information to lure the viewer. At least in my world, visual trailers, not only including games but all advertised products, are to show the actual product to the customer. Of course the trailer will show a "polished" picture of an product but not an false one. I am not sure in wich world you are living though. Here an official E3 trailer of CP77 it starts with riding the metro and ends with an car chase both things that are not in the actual game... And belive me unless you are paid for defending CDPR, the company doesnt even know you exist but is is counting on customers like you who are willing to defend even fraud. Have fun in your world with twisted comprehension of marketing.

EDIT: Oh by the way, I am not against scrapping an idea during Game developement because whatever reasons but then using this idea to advertise the Game is just wrong. And every Game company who does that regardless of what they did in the past, is loosing my trust and has to diliver hard to gain it back. And thats how most people work. But I am more disappointed by CDPR because they promised not to do so and that is now just a big fat lie.

Last edited:
here an official E3 trailer from SWtoR..
and nothing of it is possible in the game

and iam a Star Citizen supporter since 2013.. i do know how development works and how concepts change

I wanted to use the template of another reviewer here as I don't think the forum needs another thread for a singular review.

Overall: CP2077 offers a good and sometimes very good story experience with great characters but struggles to deliver even the basis if what should be modern open world gameplay and RPG immersion.

Main Story - 8/10
A very very well acted and written story. The meaninglessness of most of what the game offers for how the story proceeds is a big issue, though. Linear storytelling is fine but the game tries to pretend too often that it isn't what it is: linear. And choices and consequences are rudimentary at best.

Side Gig Chains - 10/10
The best aspect of the game. Some really great stories. Great characters. Overall better than the main quest and the area were you actually can see that this was done by the studio that brought us W3 and what a jewel is buried here underneath a lot of mediocrity.

Single Mission Side Gigs - 5/10
Some of them turn out to be quite interesting and surprisingly deep. But presentation and variation of most of them is pretty weak.

NCPD Gigs/Events - 3/10
Nobody reacts to them... people you save usually do not respond well or at all. The game would be better without them imho as their unengaging pplacement and counter intuitivety in the world is just immersion breaking.

Life Paths - 4/10
Good idea with no relevance. Cheap gimmick that would be okay if it wasn't portrayed as something much more engaging even within the game itself, not just the marketing. Too much of a wasted opportunity to be not mad about.

NPC Main Characters - 8/10
Great characters but the way most of their storyline end nowhere is disappointing. Worst offender is the way it doesn't impact the world much who becomes mayor and that Peralez winning does not benefit you in any way.

Night City - 8/10
Often beautiful. But very shallow and lifeless compared to what games with a much smaller scope can create. Even different areas do not have much relevance as people are so lifeless you can hardly feel that difference other than the looks of the assets.

General NPCs - 5/10
They are there... but them not having at least some sort of cycle or even believable reaction system is a massive letdown.

NCPD NPCs - 3/10
Just a horrible system that should never have made it into a 2020 AAA title.

Driving/Crafting/Looting - 5/10
It should be more fun to drive around NC. Given all the vehicles and stuff there should have been more quests and side jobs connected with the traffic system..but obviously, this broken state does not allow for that.
The crafting system is non justifiable for a 2020 title, same goes for the looting excesses.

Ownable vehicles - 9/10
Pretty great, customization should have been a no brainer though.

Romances - 8/10

Great diverse backgrounds and stories. Would have been far better to have them as bisexual characters, though, as they are so very different and it is frustrating to be locked to one of them. It would simply have been a great RP chance to decide on who you want to be with. There should have been at least a few quests with your partner once you have entered the relationship. Why is the beginning of the relationship the end?

General A.I. - 6/10
It is serviceable. And that is underwhelming for a game such as this.

Traffic A.I. - 4/10
It is more of an illusion of traffic AI to be honest.

Combat A.I. - 7/10
Serviceable but usually does not stand in the way of fun. That is good enough for me.

Overall Average - 6/10 (93/150 Points)

I would add another point. 7/10 is justified for me as I had a nice time once I realized that this is a great story game but a pretty average and sometimes bad open world RPG.

Had I approached this differently and had it been marketed honestly this would have been a much smoother experience.

As a story driven game it shines quite often. But after I started to play the complete edition of Kingdom Come Deliverance last week (a game I stayed away from for three years because of bugs), I realized that CP2077 simply fails in its open world gameplay. While I did never expect the sandbox feel of KCD in CP2077, I expected the feeling of a consistent world and immersion beyond story moments. CP2077 is a average to bad game in that regard.

That is not fixable, IMHO. Improvable to some extent. But most will remain a "could have been". I hope the devs will get to show their skills of building an open world in their next game. I hope those still hoping to basically get a CP2077 2.0 through patches and DLCs won't be let down too much. But I don't see any reason to believe this will happen.

The things CP2077 lacks the most in the open world and immersion department that, for example, a much smaller project such as KCD offers, are

- life cycle for NPCs
- basic NPC reactions (to crimes, theft, violence,...)
- relevance of your outfits/looks and background
- create a world where people seem to live

(I do not suggest CP2077 should be as KCD. I know they have different goals. I do think, though, that really good open worlds are not really possible anymore without most of the above.)

My advice to new players would be to enjoy and focus on the 30 hours of main and major side quests and then move on. It would be even wiser to wait for patches and DLCs. You get a good game this way. Maybe in 2 years or so CP2077 will be the experience to many that KCD is for me right now.

Last edited:
best gaming experience ever (150h)
this is exactly the kind of game i want to play

i know there are some issues, but nothing was game-breaking for me

RPG after over 100 hours my review has not changed.

6.5 myself just average major flaws and disappointments but overall satisfied and feel got my moneys worth . It nothing that will enter the hall of fame but really its not worth all rage It is what it is and honestly just need to move open and wait for the "next big thing" W3 was a remarkable game ( rating of 9 in my books) but I don't think its reasonable to expect that level of success every time when there dev teams are not consistent with the team that made W3 I also think focusing on old technology is one of the reasons that caused this down fall.

Also from my personal observations Although it does happen in north America to a certain extent It seems that in the Non-North America side of the world some people like to champion the "Karen" aspect of "consumer rights" to a absurd extreme and expect everything to turn out to be a 10/10 game. (W3 has a 9.4 user score) when in reality not everything comes out perfect or as planned

Great intro into a cyber world with a fun roller coaster ride you go on.
Satisfying combat with amazing weaponry and sound effects.
Beautiful city that is fun to explore even with little to do in it.
Lots of missing features and things that you only do once and wonder "what happened to that?"

Ultimately a "one and done" game where right at you are at your peak of skills, combat, gear, knowledge there is nothing to do with them and you end up feeling pretty empty.
1 month to play a game 10 years in the making = very underwhelming, but great 1 month!

Also I did talk about a trailer (and pictures btw) because that is what all companies use to promote the developement of a product and to sell the actual product on the marked. If they use false information to raise false expectations it may be caled fraud or scam. Not the viewer of an trailer is at fault for beliving that, what is shown in the trailer, will be in the actual game, it is the creator of the trailer who uses false information to lure the viewer. At least in my world visual trailers, not only including games but all advertised products, are to show the actual product to the costomer

I disagree

Repost of ealier converstion on this matter.

- NO In my view the devs did not lie. There was no false advertisement .

- the rants about " missing features , 'the game we were promised" and 'false advertisings " did not take into account everything we saw and herd was not the finished product but part of the open development cycle .

- they shared an opened development process. They may have had 100 Ideas over 4 years of development if only 40 made it into the game. That was the finished game.

The open development cycle personally I think that was the absolute worst choice ever made in gaming as this was guaranteed to happen.

- if people choose to believe everything in the the various content shared up to release was "in the game" that's on them not the company.

- yet anyone that stands up and points this outs gets personally attacked and deemed as a " white knight" or "dev defender" or "Shill" which means they not capable of having an opinion that differs from they way dissatisfied people see things and have no mind of their own.

If in my opinion if someone is going worry about the final product they should not preorder or even buy on day 1 they should wait till about 5 days later and read all the first impression reviews , social media impressions and game play videos and then decide if they buy it.

If they choose not to and are unhappy my opinion is that is not on the company but on the consumer .

Also about marketing in general another repost.

Zefninja said:
I understand how marketing works. So do you support someone distorting actuals to produce greater sales figures?
Yes. I been in marketing before so yes . That's part of the job.

As a consumer because I been in marketing I don't trust anything I see in a commercial or promotional videos or anything of that sort ever.

If I choose" to buy any product , pre-order or donate to a Kickstarter with outdoing my due diligence ( like a video game ) and am disappointed I blame myself for being lazy and not doing my due diligence

So really I personally have absolutely no sympathy none 0 for those who just blindly believe marketing and then try to hide behind "false advertising laws" because they did not wait till all info was available after release or did not even try to get information about a product and just blindly believed all promo and marketing material of any kind.

In the case of last gen if I bought it and it didn't work ( there have been reports of people enjoying it on last gen) I would have just got my refund and moved on or just left it there and tried it again later

It s a $60 videogame not life and death and not really anything important or life shattering, I would have just dismissed it as a disappointment I would not have put so much effort in to raging on social media about it.

and iam a Star Citizen supporter since 2013.. i do know how development works and how concepts change
And? What does that change? That doesnt make things that CDPR did right. Sorry, but it is just stupid to try to justify one bad thing with an even worse thing.

And? What does that change? That doesnt make things that CDPR did right. Sorry, but it is just stupid to try to justify one bad thing with an even worse thing.

Your allowed that opinion but remember it is just a subjective opinion not fact not everyone will agree with you.

what?
making a prerenderd gametrailer like every gamecompany dose?
and you or other people say that the game dosnt look like it?

oh boy

btw.. its nice how you come to terms that the games wasnt 13/14 years in development, because it couldnt
and yes 8 years ago they releaes a teaser.. which also didnt look like anything in the game
and they did start 2016.. concepts they made befor that... but they didnt active work on cyberpunk..
at last thats what they told us when the teaser was reveald (1st we finish witcher DLCs then we start with Cyberpunk)
and for a game of that scale.. 4-5 years is insane

its like CDPR trys to release a new game every 4-5 years witcher 1 2007, witcher 2 2011, witcher 3 2015, i dont count gwent, cyberpunk 2020

Last edited:
Action/Adventure with RPG elements sounds about right to me. Its also a mix that satisfied my expectations, though I know it did not satisfy others.

I disagree

Repost of ealier converstion on this matter.

- NO In my view the devs did not lie. There was no false advertisement .

- the rants about " missing features , 'the game we were promised" and 'false advertisings " did not take into account everything we saw and herd was not the finished product but part of the open development cycle .

- they shared an opened development process. They may have had 100 Ideas over 4 years of development if only 40 made it into the game. That was the finished game.

The open development cycle personally I think that was the absolute worst choice ever made in gaming as this was guaranteed to happen.

- if people choose to believe everything in the the various content shared up to release was "in the game" that's on them not the company.

- yet anyone that stands up and points this outs gets personally attacked and deemed as a " white knight" or "dev defender" or "Shill" which means they not capable of having an opinion that differs from they way dissatisfied people see things and have no mind of their own.

If in my opinion if someone is going worry about the final product they should not preorder or even buy on day 1 they should wait till about 5 days later and read all the first impression reviews , social media impressions and game play videos and then decide if they buy it.

If they choose not to and are unhappy my opinion is that is not on the company but on the consumer .

Also about marketing in general another repost.

Yes. I been in marketing before so yes . That's part of the job.

As a consumer because I been in marketing I don't trust anything I see in a commercial or promotional videos or anything of that sort ever.

If I choose" to buy any product , pre-order or donate to a Kickstarter with outdoing my due diligence ( like a video game ) and am disappointed I blame myself for being lazy and not doing my due diligence

So really I personally have absolutely no sympathy none 0 for those who just blindly believe marketing and then try to hide behind "false advertising laws" because they did not wait till all info was available after release or did not even try to get information about a product and just blindly believed all promo and marketing material of any kind.

In the case of last gen if I bought it and it didn't work ( there have been reports of people enjoying it on last gen) I would have just got my refund and moved on or just left it there and tried it again later

It s a $60 videogame not life and death and not really anything important or life shattering, I would have just dismissed it as a disappointment I would not have put so much effort in to raging on social media about it.
Because of people like you who feel must defend the wrongdoer and pointing at the wrong end for blame the world goes down the drain. Stating you have been in marketing before proves nothing. What for are laws? There are law regulating advertisement and prevent frauds missuse and so on. Do you know why Sony decided and lets say CDPR agreed to pull CP77 back from the PS4 marked? To avoid possible lawsuits!
And to say a Game is not a life shattering thing, I absolutely agree btw, but that does not justify what happened with CDPR and CP77. This is a trust thing. I bought the Game enjoyed 250+ hours of gaming but still lost trust in CDPR. Preorders for a Games are important for the development and if you lose trust preorders go down. But hey I will stop here because nothing others say will matter to you. And I hate wasting my time! Also I think this is the wrong thread for this.

Last edited:

Usually there's a difference in expectations between a cinematic trailer and a gameplay video with discussion of said gameplay.

Last edited:
what?
making a prerenderd gametrailer like every gamecompany dose?
and you or other people say that the game dosnt look like it?

oh boy

btw.. its nice how you come to terms that the games wasnt 13/14 years in development, because it couldnt
and yes 8 years ago they releaes a teaser.. which also didnt look like anything in the game
and they did start 2016.. concepts they made befor that... but they didnt active work on cyberpunk..
at last thats what they told us when the teaser was reveald (1st we finish witcher DLCs then we start with Cyberpunk)
and for a game of that scale.. 4-5 years is insane

its like CDPR trys to release a new game every 4-5 years witcher 1 2007, witcher 2 2011, witcher 3 2015 i dont count gwent, cyberpunk 2020
YES, oh boy....

Top Bottom