[SPOILERS]How would you describe Cyberpunk 2077 after 100+h?

+
after 102 hours over 3 saves i would give it theoretical a 8/10.
The aesthetic, the city, and the characters are all good to me
the melee combat thinks it is 2009. I have not had any problems with shooting and hacking.
mission structure is decent and i think a better job should have been done to pace your introduction to the fixers.

but the bugs... they ruin the game and my perception of CDPR
i cant bring myself to hate it but with bugs and release gotta give it 5/10

a worthwhile investment?

if you can spend $60 and be entertained enough to use it for 100+ hours you've lost your right to claim buyer's remorse

imho

200+ hrs in, I would describe Cyberpunk 2077 as a bug-ridden future masterpiece.

Night City is amazing. The crowds, the skyscape, the different architecture of the neighborhoods. (Caveat - high-end PC) The trash! I love it, trash everywhere, real trash - bags and dumpsters and loose trash, dedicated and accidental landfills, the clean corp areas contrasting with the filthy poor areas, it's so good.

The buildings are the highlight of the game - realistic rooftop HVAC, power cables and assorted crap all over them, fences of all sorts with most having barbed wire options, room and building layouts that make sense, bathrooms and toilets!

Everything else about the game? Well, everything else needs a lot of improvement. I remain optimistic that that improvement will come.

I liked the game. It certainly lacks depth but I actually enjoyed it very much. To be honest for me the worst is the tiring Johnny Silverhand. Every time he showed up I was like "Shut the f*ck up already" xD

I love the artistic design. In fact I've even bought 3 posters. But those premium posters are expensive (and add framing to that), so I've stopped there :shrug:

As an essential worker I play when I can. I have racked up a respectable 164hrs and I can say with all honesty I love this game. I would give it a 7.5/10.

Where the game lacks for me is a lot of RPG elements. I really want to sit sometimes and can't, or walk and take in the sights. I would love to be able to change my look and have headgear that doesn't change my hairstyle. Clothing is a huge issue for me. I want to dress in some of the outfits I see on NPC's but have yet to find them and I don't know if they are available for my character.

Combat is fun as I am a FPS gamer. I love the quick gun play and it compliments my style. The focus on vehicles I could care less about, I am happy with my bike. I have ignored the in game car races and boxing matches as they don't appeal to me.

I am still in Act 2 and exploring the city. NC is beautiful and ugly at the same time.

It's one of the best games I've ever played.

Doesn't mean much, since I mostly play completely different genre. Last open world RPG I fully played were Witcher 1 and Mass Effect 1.

Still I love Cyberpunk. Though there is this big "what if" the game was properly finished before release. It could have been the best game ever, which it's sadly not. The amount of cut content is really sad. As well as missing core mechanics like AI. Because of that the game is also too easy. It takes away a lot from making your perfect build if there's no place to test it.

I wish Cyberpunk became a successful franchise for the years to come, but I'm not sure it will happen after what CDPR did with it.

Like the others said: boring ( normally I should have stopped to play until the patch and Dlc but I wanted to be sure... )

So boring to the point when you have a legendary weapon ( Fr Finger for example), I rush all the missions in very hard mode and I no longer pick up anything and do not even read the shards anymore...And because the legendary weapon , I lose the interest into firearms and hacking ( why bother when I can kill in 2/3 hits ?...)

All time FPV all time... Oh man I can't stand anymore , I miss the cut-scene from TW3 and the city had too much color ( I don't talk about advertising but the building, barrier, road etc ), for a Dystopian universe, it doesn't fit...

Personally I'm starting to doubt about the dlc, I don't think CP2077 will last as long like TW3.

Wait and see...

I played 100+ hours and it was a decent enough play with some good moments but moments made me feel let down far more than I would have liked, Overall It's still a good experience but not what I thought I was buying into, I hope that the future DLC can offer more but time will tell.

Story is decent, but the characters involved are much more enjoyable than the plot they take part in, and there's a lot of events in the main story we should of had more control over the direction of. I.E Evelyn Parker, Dex ambush etc.

The city is amazing, the size and design of Night city is leagues ahead of anything else in a game, nothing has come this close to emulating a real city. You could tell me that millions of people live here, and I'd believe it. It's inhabitants on the other hand, are just zombies. Probably the biggest criticism.

Graphics, best in the industry, not even a contest. DOOM: Eternal at 8k doesn't even come close to this at 4k. Graphics and the city itself are the parts of the game that are actually next-gen. I don't see new games matching it for a few years to come.

Side content is good, but I would of traded every single 'crime activity' mission for a few more side quests, even though some of them have some nice flavour. Quite a few of the Gigs were medicore too, generic smash and grab types were poor, but hostage retrieval missions and assassination missions were generally good with lots of variety in approach.

Gameplay is fine, you're basically playing janky DOOM with ironsights and Deus Ex style environment interactivity, nothing ground breaking, but more enjoyable combat than a typical Ubi/Rockstar sandbox.

Game stability and bugs really do bring the game down though, it should of been delayed again. Whoever is in charge must be a real gonk to have not see this shitstorm coming. That being said, the 'masterpiece' claims and '2/10 garbage' hatewanks are equally hyperbolic and stupid.

6/10, could be a solid 8 when it's fixed, 9 if they blow it out of the water with a tearjerker of a DLC, story-wise. I think the main chance at a turn around is a Far Harbor style redemption via a massive DLC. It's doable.

153 hours here, haven't played for two weeks. At first engaging, then... simple? That's how I would describe my experience.

It was a shallow experience. RPG elements could've been more focused, but they've sacrificed too much of it. In exchange for what? I don't know. RPG elements should've been the main focus. Here's why, in my own opinion.

Great world design, but the main problem with it is that they've designed the game's substance in such a way that world-building isn't really in the game. This is due to the fact that the game seem to have this philosophy that "V is V, and the world is the world."

I can see what they were trying to do. To paint this grim dystopia and V is drowned in it, and life goes on. To focus on V. To focus on the story. Hence, why they didn't focus on the RPG elements is beyond me.

The whole time I've been playing, it felt that the game revolved around V and Silverhand's problems. It was somewhat linear to that end that I would be "limited" to what V would do. It's never about player freedom, but about V.

The world itself seemed to be etched with problems and places that I could imagine being a part of, but it just doesn't turn out to be true. An illusion. As if the game's telling you, "V would never do THAT." or "V would never go there." "V is a mercenary, act like it and do gigs." All the while understanding that there are limitations in development of the game, where, for example not all doors can be opened.

The game tries to be something, but not quite, and turns the other way to be something else. It's like... stuck in some uncanny valley of RPG, open world, and.. I don't know... action?

Therefore the absence of such world-building element makes the world feel empty and dead. It's not about the art of the illusion: whether it'd be sound and the crowd of people, dialogues, activities of others. If there's no substance or soul in the world itself, where V can be a part of, and therefore the player, then it really is a dead world.

8 YEARS for this. What a waste and I wish the developers my deepest gratitude for at least working their hearts out for this game.

It was a shallow experience. RPG elements could've been more focused, but they've sacrificed too much of it. In exchange for what? I don't know. RPG elements should've been the main focus. Here's why, in my own opinion.

Great world design, but the main problem with it is that they've designed the game's substance in such a way that world-building isn't really in the game. This is due to the fact that the game seem to have this philosophy that "V is V, and the world is the world."

I can see what they were trying to do. To paint this grim dystopia and V is drowned in it, and life goes on. To focus on V. To focus on the story. Hence, why they didn't focus on the RPG elements is beyond me.

The whole time I've been playing, it felt that the game revolved around V and Silverhand's problems. It was somewhat linear to that end that I would be "limited" to what V would do. It's never about player freedom, but about V.

The world itself seemed to be etched with problems and places that I could imagine being a part of, but it just doesn't turn out to be true. An illusion. As if the game's telling you, "V would never do THAT." or "V would never go there." "V is a mercenary, act like it and do gigs." All the while understanding that there are limitations in development of the game, where, for example not all doors can be opened.

The game tries to be something, but not quite, and turns the other way to be something else. It's like... stuck in some uncanny valley of RPG, open world, and.. I don't know... action?

Therefore the absence of such world-building element makes the world feel empty and dead. It's not about the art of the illusion: whether it'd be sound and the crowd of people, dialogues, activities of others. If there's no substance or soul in the world itself, where V can be a part of, and therefore the player, then it really is a dead world.

8 YEARS for this. What a waste and I wish the developers my deepest gratitude for at least working their hearts out for this game.
an open world, where every where you go, there is some quest or person to interact with you isn't actually more realistic. also, there's a lot of world building in here, there are npcs talking about things, shards with tons of backstory, dude convoys with npcs that reveal things.

Yes, There are also places you can't go, and stores that aren't available to you, but there is no way that you'd have full access to a real city. No other game can pull that off either

This is not true as there is consequence for multiple main quests, just not the small ones.

We clearly did not play the same game. Take the Maelstrom quest: In one play I helped Militech, in another I helped Maelstrom. ZERO difference to the game once the quest was over. Even when I helped Royce repel Militech, the Maelstrom gangers I saw later were just as eager to kill me as any other gang.

Consequences need to affect the game world, not just a throwaway line of dialog at the end of a quest or a two minute cut scene at the end of the game.

We clearly did not play the same game. Take the Maelstrom quest: In one play I helped Militech, in another I helped Maelstrom. ZERO difference to the game once the quest was over. Even when I helped Royce repel Militech, the Maelstrom gangers I saw later were just as eager to kill me as any other gang.

If you rescue Brick, you don't have to fight them at Totentatz.

The game is beautiful, but there is no depth. All these great looking NPCs, vendors, buildings, gangs, police, vehicles, clothing...and almost none of it has any effect and no way to interact with any of it except by using your shotgun.

It drives me crazy that random loot is just scattered around with zero thought to whether it makes sense to be there. Maxdoc hypos just laying on the sidewalk. I kill a fgang goon wearing a ratty leather jacket and his loot is a business jacket...WTF? In Skyrim you could see what a character was wearing and THAT is what you could loot. All of it -- his shirt, pants, boots, weapons. WYSIWYG. Why can't CDPR do that?

It's 1/10 for an RPG, 3/10 for action game, 5/10 for shooter. The gunplay is fun, but there is little point to it.
Post automatically merged:

If you rescue Brick, you don't have to fight them at Totentatz.

That's super simplistic one quest writing a flag to another quest and changing it slightly. I didn't rescue Brick and I still didn't fight at Totentatz...I stealthed out.

I'm talking about persistent, lasting faction changes. Stuff out in the world outside of just small changes to quests. I murder all Tyger Claws on sight, yet they never change how they react to me, or send hitmen against me. No matter how many missions I do for NCPD, they still instantly try to kill me if I run up on a sidewalk and make a civilian nervous.

This is not AI, it's just quest flags being set to make small changes to dialog or how a quest progresses.

Last edited:
The game is beautiful, but there is no depth. All these great looking NPCs, vendors, buildings, gangs, police, vehicles, clothing...and almost none of it has any effect and no way to interact with any of it except by using your shotgun.

It drives me crazy that random loot is just scattered around with zero thought to whether it makes sense to be there. Maxdoc hypos just laying on the sidewalk. I kill a fgang goon wearing a ratty leather jacket and his loot is a business jacket...WTF? In Skyrim you could see what a character was wearing and THAT is what you could loot. All of it -- his shirt, pants, boots, weapons. WYSIWYG. Why can't CDPR do that?

It's 1/10 for an RPG, 3/10 for action game, 5/10 for shooter. The gunplay is fun, but there is little point to it.
Post automatically merged:

That's super simplistic one quest writing a flag to another quest and changing it slightly. I didn't rescue Brick and I still didn't fight at Totentatz...I stealthed out.

I'm talking about persistent, lasting faction changes. Stuff out in the world outside of just small changes to quests. I murder all Tyger Claws on sight, yet they never change how they react to me, or send hitmen against me. No matter how many missions I do for NCPD, they still instantly try to kill me if I run up on a sidewalk and make a civilian nervous.

This is not AI, it's just quest flags being set to make small changes to dialog or how a quest progresses.
there is no AI in videogames. Its all just scripts. Maybe years from now, but right now, all games use scripts and flags. They could use scripts and flags to govern how factions react to you, they do it with the aldecados, but I guess they decided it ain't worth it for this games narrative. If they ever do multiplayer, maybe that ll be a factor

there is no AI in videogames. Its all just scripts. Maybe years from now, but right now, all games use scripts and flags. They could use scripts and flags to govern how factions react to you, they do it with the aldecados, but I guess they decided it ain't worth it for this games narrative. If they ever do multiplayer, maybe that ll be a factor
Well then.

I guess these scripts are not really working either.

Top Bottom