[SPOILERS]How would you describe Cyberpunk 2077 after 100+h?

+
350 hours in.. 10/10, favorite game of all time. I can see myself just playing this & some sports games for the next 10 years.

Combat, the way I play, makes this the most enjoyable video game combat experience I've ever had. The minimal & non-forced cover mechanic mixed with the 1st person, the different mobility perks and the way the environment is setup just let's me flow so effortlessly through an area.

I hate when games force cover, because I'm not trying to be hugging cover in every scenario. I don't want my mobility to be limited, there's not a squad of shooters around me, no overwatch, it's just me; so being forced to hug cover as a lone operator in a firefight with a half dozen or more dudes is not the scenario I want to be in. Those type of games make it a lot more difficult to reposition yourself..

With this game, like the other day I happened upon some unsavory individuals taking part in a truck hijacking out in the Badlands.. I creep up, bring the car sideways, hop out & get low, I'm behind the truck on the other side of them, sitting parallel to the truck about 8 feet off it, I'm running a power assault rifle with the 15% suppressor, I move behind the engine block & get a count on these guys, the locations, the possible cover they could take around them, the possible routes they could funnel through if they reacted differently.. So it's like 3 seconds... I wanna use a grenade to push them where I want them but they have a civilian, I don't get down like that... I gotta move fast they about to kill the civilian... I rip it over to this concrete railing or whatever, I hug cover & send a few rounds through the potential killer's head to save the civilian. Sure enough, the wraiths do exactly what I expected. I quickly move back around to my vehicle, I'm a few feet off the block.. 1 guy comes around the back of the truck, I hit him then jet around to where he was and hit another, now I turn around and there's a guy moving between the vehicles, I sprint & slide behind my car, staying low, I run around the front and hit him quick from behind. I turn around and enter the cover mechanic by the truck's engine block and send 2 grenades at this other guy who's now behind the barrier.. I want to run him the other direction up out of his cover, by the time he hits the asphalt to grab a new cover, I'll have ran behind the back of the truck and around, I'll clock him right in the face and then send rounds through center mass.

It happened exactly that way, I took no damage and saved the civilian. Then I ran around and punched everyone in the nuts. Whole scene played out in about 45 seconds. But it was so enjoyable.

All the combat is fun like this, sadly, I actually get shot up some, I made a very poor error in that Gimme Danger mission.. I had snuck all the way into the middle of the damn warehouse, cooler than the other side of the pillow, I take out the sniper... Yo, I missed 1 dude. He just so happened to be 3 feet in front of me when I sent a round through the sniper's head. Now it's on. I only took out 2 other guys on the way in, I thought I was slick, just gonna roll up in here, get it done & move out undetected.. Na, now I was wishing I took out them other guys.. Came close to dying. Similar experience doing the hostage rescue at the wraith camp... Then I've also been killed on a handful of occasions, usually by explosives.

It's very enjoyable, I feel bad for those that approach it differently and don't get the same joy.

The story is incredible, I feel extremely attached to Valerie. Her story feels very real and relatable. I wanna go above and beyond for her & her friends. I find it a very emotional story and it's brought up my pain water at times. I say female V is the one true canon V, change my mind. The character development is done really well. A lot of characters are shaped with very little but it's done perfectly, it actually surprised me with how some characters were developed so heavily with so little. You don't really ever see this done correctly and only a small percentage of players will even be capable of appreciating it. Then there are characters that are developed through a longer process and they're also done perfectly. Another thing that surprised me was a handful of characters being developed in death rather than life which was done beautifully.

There are some characters that aren't really developed, they kinda remain mysterious; but as I learn more about the lore, this seems to be an aspect that started with the original pen & paper game... Kinda like the Russian in the Pine Barrens episode of Sopranos... Who really knows?

In that regard, I appreciate the handling of these characters as well.

The city is incredible, the cars are neat.. There's nothing I dislike. But, there are things I wish were added or altered, but there's still a long way go before we see what the final version of the game really looks like...

There's a lot that needs work, but, again, there's nothing I dislike.

Just reached 100h mark, not seen any of the endings or haven't got too far in the main quests. I have been doing all sorts of sidequests, gigs and whatnot while looking around to see what I can find.
I've been playing with base ps4.

So, shortly put: There is a solid base, a lot of really good potential and great things in it.. however you can see where they cut parts clearly and how they rushed things in many places. And that alone is my biggest gripe. It makes me sad to see all that great potential that is not reaching even to half of the heights it could.

Still, so far I have really enjoyed that half-used potential almost to its max.

Bugs, glitches and crashes aside, the half-used content and sneakily toned down nudity (yes, I pulled this up yet again, but it is still something I find odd time and time again while playing. Especially now that my V lost the ability to be topless at some point.. I hope it is a bug and not added censordhip ) stares you down in every corner of the game. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth, ruining parts of my enjoyment occasionally.

Last edited:
I would lable the game as an open action-adventure/FPS with roleplay elements.

You play as female street kid V and experience Johnny's Requiem.

Quest can be solved guns blazing or stealthy.

You can save Takemura.
Can chose which millitech agent to live and unlock up to 7 endings.

You have 2 romance options and some ONS.

The game is shipped with some mods to alter your gender, that will switch around your romance options. 2 each in total (male/female each)

There is a corpo mod, that lets you start the game as an Arasaka counterintelligence agent, but it's just a tucked in mod, so don't get too excited.

Or a nomad start, also just tucked on.

But the dialogue options can be enriching.

I would give the game 6/10

Graphic is nice, but glitchy.
World looks nice but feels barren.
Story is okay. No big twists, pretty linear.
6/10

250 plus hours but ive given up now
story not great
really couldnt feel much for the characters in the game
endings morbid and feel pointless
life paths felt pointless
choices felt pointless
so much missed and removed stuff in the game
poorly set out game for dlcs ...
no in game character or car customisation
bad ai in general
police ai just ridiculous
driving physics MEH...
different gangs felt pointless
i just cannot stand the johnny in my head bs he literally annoyed me ( some cool moments ) that much i took the blow my brains out in my first ending!!
BUT
despite all that and more plus bugs and constant ps5 crashes i like the game ..
sheer lost potential is upsetting
its there in so many ways where you can see HUGE potential
world is amazing
next gen and pc graphics great
bringing night city and a cyberpunk world into a game was amazing
side quests are fantastic
even though i despised storyline johnny loved his side quests with the band and rogue etc!!
love fem V amazingly voiced imo
i enjoyed the game play
outfits great just wish you could upgrade your fav out fit to legendary and your guns as there are some cool common etc gun skins ..
shame the game was released like this
no refund for me ill take the hit cd red!!!
next time they need to sort there shit and not push out a half finished game !
looking forward to cyberpunk 2078!!

P.S
how many people are going to be buying or rebuying or even bothering to play the game in 6 to 8 months when the game is finally sorted ....
like i said absolute lost potential and sales through sheer stupidity and what feels almost like greed !!
im suprised that cd red would burn themselves like this for money and to ruin there reputation feels out of character !!

I didn't even finish main story, only explored Watson, Westbrook and some parts of City centre. Street level maxed out, now I can buy what I want and customize the weapons more with tech skill @ 15. It just gets better and better.

after 160hrs - 2 playthroughs

story is hella short, NG+ has to be up there as one of the biggest oversight

side stuff that just exists to fill the empty map isnt interesting to me but that's a staple of modern open world games. i clear everything regardless cause that's how i play these games but it's mid. Also by the time i get to point in the run where i start clearing these i'm already an absolute monster that could wipe out an arasaka army by myself so NCPD crime spots with 3-5 enemies always ends in 5-10 seconds flat.

crashes,crashes,crashes

side characters without proper questlines or with criminaly low amount of screentime (Hanako ,Us Cracks, Vik, etc...hell even jackie)

on my 2nd time around tried male V for about 20 mins until i went fem V again. Seriously was shook at how bad it was, can't even compare the two perfomances they're not in the same league.

Endings are great, i especially like how none of them are good endings, V dies at the end of Act 1 and nothing can change that.. i'd love to know which of them is considered the canon ending at cdpr.

waiting on the next update so i can finally(hopefully) do a run without the constant crashes(base ps4, well over 100 crashes accross 2 runs)

anyway love this game, 7/10 would give a solid 9 if it ran better.

Last edited:
over 100hrs, got this for my bday. mom heard that i was lookin forward to getting this game...last time i was so excited for a corporate debacle was for the powerglove. thx mom, ima spare her my embarrassment. also, while im typing, why is the ONLY official thing about this forum gotta be mods lockin threads. wtf am i even checking this for? am i supposed to make a twitter?

I would lable the game as an open action-adventure/FPS with roleplay elements.

You play as female street kid V and experience Johnny's Requiem.

Quest can be solved guns blazing or stealthy.

You can save Takemura.
Can chose which millitech agent to live and unlock up to 7 endings.

You have 2 romance options and some ONS.

The game is shipped with some mods to alter your gender, that will switch around your romance options. 2 each in total (male/female each)

There is a corpo mod, that lets you start the game as an Arasaka counterintelligence agent, but it's just a tucked in mod, so don't get too excited.

Or a nomad start, also just tucked on.

But the dialogue options can be enriching.

I would give the game 6/10

Graphic is nice, but glitchy.
World looks nice but feels barren.
Story is okay. No big twists, pretty linear.
150 hours in, third playtrhrough so far.. finally about to do the sidequests and finish the story as the street kid already did nomad and corpo. saved Goro, fell in love with Goro. Goro is best budd. Shagged Panam,Judy,Corpo lady from first quest, burried bestie, Three times now, got my heart broken, Fell in love with mourning misty, merged the AI, reset the AI, gonna kill the AI. Johnny is a nice guy. Johnny is a dick. Johnny is gonna win this time. Almost shagged a granny, Got PTSD from shagging the "PIG".

Love it so far would give it 100/10

250 or so hours in, well...

1) The details and the people of Night City are not very memorable. So many names are thrown around with no way to keep track of them, so all the flavour detail gets lost. Who is corpo individual Joanna Koch, have I seen that name before? Maybe you remember, maybe you don't. And of course there's no reaction from V either.

2) Story is nice at first glance but it suffers a lot from Hollywood syndrome, it breaks apart completely if you spend a few minutes thinking about it. So much is on rails and whatever can change feels like minimal effort.

3) The game feels like a Borderlands clone with less cartoony graphics. More impactful combat but the same "skills and perks don't actually work" issue, and the same "so much junk around that you never have a reason to use or even care about" feeling. Bullet sponge enemies also, if you are underlevel or are using rubbish gear.

4) There is so much stuff in the game world that isn't used much at all. Night City and surrounding area is huge but most of the real estate is wasted. There is an insane amount of vertical space that could have been used, but it isn't. A megabuilding typically has something like one quest and then it is done and dusted, and nothing more ever happens there. In an entire freaking megabuilding, with enough space and people to contain a game in its own right. Frankly, the game world could have been half the size with half the clutter and stuff, saving a huge amount of effort, and it wouldn't really have hurt the game.

5) The city is stone dead. Completely without life. It is a lot more like an animated picture of a city than an actual city.

6) Dialogue is awful. I thought CDPR couldn't do worse than FO4. They did. V doesn't have good dialogue, particularly not if you don't want to roleplay a sarcastic smartass streetkid who got dropped a few times too many on his head. A lot of times there will be obvious things to comment but you cannot, because it did not fit CDPR's narrative, and instead you'll be forced to say dumb things to encourage NPCs to throw exposition at you. Fixer missions are even worse, just a phone call monologue followed by a text. No option to say no. No option to negotiate the fee.

7) Combat is not balanced all that well. At level 10-15, after the heist, there will be a lot of fights against higher level enemies and you will die to one hit. And they will be bullet sponges. At level 40, you are walking around with no worries in the world and murdering everything. Some times you can run up and murder an entire group before they get their game face on. There is a brief window where combat is just what it should be, but then you level up, get a better gun, get a perk that beefs up damage, and then you're not just through the window but the entire wall has fallen down.

8) AI and physics, so much pure essense of nope when it comes to those two things. AI and physics in this game is so bad that it is almost impossible to put words to it. Some things have enough physics enabled that they fall down. That's it. Enemies can mostly pathfind to your general location and use their weapons, much like enemies in Doom 1. At least it's a step up from the original Delta Force game.

9) The item system is probably the biggest element of possibly well-meaning sabotage on a game that I have seen in my couple of decades of being a nerd. It is so bad and really pushes that Borderlands feeling. It also makes all unique items feel cheap and pointless, and it makes exploration for the purpose of finding things unrewarding. CDPR ought to take all item levels out of items, just for starters, and then tune gear to actually feel different and be good at different things.

10) Style and "street cred" sucks. Either implement it properly or skip it. Right now it is completely half-assed and meaningless. Imagine a chef making the best burger in the world, but he gets distracted and starts cooking something else right after having put mayo on the bun and that's all you get. A burger with mayo and nothing. A nothing burger.

Top Bottom