*Spoilers I guess?* Ghosts of the Past console name? Trying to "fix" a problem.

+
*Spoilers I guess?* Ghosts of the Past console name? Trying to "fix" a problem.

I created a post on Reddit asking about the quest and about restarting it since my game seems to have picked the wrong Witcher 2 save, and Letho was considered dead.

https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/4wo2gb/got_fucked_over_with_the_saves_and_ghost_of_the/

Couldn't seem to restart the quest, but someone ended up asking another user about using a console command to send Keira to Kaer Morhen, and they ended up finding a way.

"
I managed to do it!! :D
First I loaded a save just after Uma's transformation but that's exactly when "Brothers in arms: Velen" appears as failed. Therefore I loaded the previous save I had, upon arriving at KM for the first time. I did the missions there very quickly and typed a combination of:
-addfact('q109_keira_to_km')
-addfact(q109_keira_to_km)
-addfact(q109_completed) (Seeing how this structure was recommended in other thread and this quest seems to be q109)
-addfact(q109_start)
And repeated some of the commands since there was no apparent change (so I don't know if complted or strt was the last thing typed xD).
Then after the transformation I saw that there was no failed mission! There was no "Brothers in arms Velen" available either but I don't know if that's supposed to be like that and appear only as failed or maybe these tricks made it not appear. The thing is that after recruiting the last of the characters the achievement popped up :DDDDD

Thanks for the help!
"

And since that worked, I was wondering if it would be possible to do the same with Letho in Ghosts of the Past, by pretty much replacing the Keira quest name with Letho's, but I can't find any info on how to find quest names no matter where I search.

Anyone got any info?

And since that worked, I was wondering if it would be possible to do the same with Letho in Ghosts of the Past, by pretty much replacing the Keira quest name with Letho's, but I can't find any info on how to find quest names no matter where I search.

I cannot tell if Letho can be "resurrected" after he is imported as dead (as far as I know, this choice takes effect when you complete the prologue and enter Velen for the first time), but maybe the following information can be of help:
- the internal quest name of The Fall of the House of Reardon and Ghosts of the Past is sq102_letho
- the fact ID of Letho's fate from TW2 is import_letho_alive
- depending on whether you helped Letho in his quest, one of the following facts is set: sq102_didnt_help_letho or sq102_helped_letho
- the facts related to whether Letho is sent to Kaer Morhen are q402_told_letho_to_go_elsewhere and q402_invited_letho_to_km
- other Letho facts I have found: sq102_letho_alive, sq102_letho_met, sq102_letho_completed, and sq102_told_letho_not_helping
Maybe it is still possible to get Letho to appear at Kaer Morhen by setting the facts that he is alive and was helped and invited to Kaer Morhen, but Ghosts of the Past becomes unavailable once you enter Velen without import_letho_alive.

IT WORKED!

HOLY SHIT IT WORKED!

THANK YOU FOR YOU SO MUCH I WAS GETTING READY TO DO THE BATTLE FOR KAER MORHEN WITHOUT HIM

Instead of Roche and Ves just being there a cutscene played and he just walks in from the right. Thank you!

sv3672;n3013922 said:
I cannot tell if Letho can be "resurrected" after he is imported as dead (as far as I know, this choice takes effect when you complete the prologue and enter Velen for the first time), but maybe the following information can be of help:
- the internal quest name of The Fall of the House of Reardon and Ghosts of the Past is sq102_letho
- the fact ID of Letho's fate from TW2 is import_letho_alive
- depending on whether you helped Letho in his quest, one of the following facts is set: sq102_didnt_help_letho or sq102_helped_letho
- the facts related to whether Letho is sent to Kaer Morhen are q402_told_letho_to_go_elsewhere and q402_invited_letho_to_km
- other Letho facts I have found: sq102_letho_alive, sq102_letho_met, sq102_letho_completed, and sq102_told_letho_not_helping
Maybe it is still possible to get Letho to appear at Kaer Morhen by setting the facts that he is alive and was helped and invited to Kaer Morhen, but Ghosts of the Past becomes unavailable once you enter Velen without import_letho_alive.

Would it be possible to somehow make "Ghosts of the Past" become available? When Letho is dead instead of his quest appearing, wraiths appear which have to be killed. Typing "addfact(q102_letho_alive)" makes the wraiths disappear but nothing else happens.

Hi there!

I want to have Letho in Kaer Morhen too, but I didn't understand how did you manage to use the codes. I have activated the console, but don't know what code sequence to use. Can anyone help me by giving me the exact codes to enter in the console, please?

I did it, yay! \o/ If - as I - you came here by Google magic and has'nt found the answer elsewhere, I will give you the line I entered in the console. Don't know if they were all useful, though :

addfact(import_letho_alive)
addfact(riszon_let_go;1;import_letho_alive)
removefact(sq101_wraith_completed)
addfact(sq101_letho_found)
addfact(sq102_letho_met)
addfact(sq102_start)
addfact(sq102_helped_letho)
addfact(sq102_letho_completed)
addfact(sq402_invited_letho_to_km)

That's all, and it worked for me, Letho appeared normally in the cinematic with Roche and Ves at Kaer Morhen. Don't know if this info will be useful, but I entered the codes before the beginning of the quest in the enchanted island.

I hope it will help you too if you don't want to restart the game from the beginning :)

(Many thanks to sv3672 and this Reddit thread)

Any suggestions on what to do if i didn`t start the house of reardon quest yet but want to change my gamesave so that Letho is considered alive? "addfact(import_letho_alive)" Doesn`t seem to do anything. Everytime i start the quest and ride to the house, it`s still spawning the wraiths instead of traps. I accidently imported an autosave instead of a manual one from TW2 so Letho is considered dead. I would be pretty annoyed to have to restart the game again at this point though.

Hi can anyone else confirm that the above command line prompts result in Letho appearing at Kaer Morhen during the battle? Only the first few sq102 prompts resulted in the Letho character entry being updated. The sq402_invited_letho_to_km did not result in the character entry being updated so I am not sure if it worked.... Also is there any way to actually force ghosts of the past to be triggered? The removefact for house of reardon quest didn't do anything.

doyouevenmodbro;n9170410 said:
Hi can anyone else confirm that the above command line prompts result in Letho appearing at Kaer Morhen during the battle? Only the first few sq102 prompts resulted in the Letho character entry being updated. The sq402_invited_letho_to_km did not result in the character entry being updated so I am not sure if it worked.... Also is there any way to actually force ghosts of the past to be triggered? The removefact for house of reardon quest didn't do anything.

I believe it works. Ive typed in what the guy above said and all should be well when I get to KM as the other guys said it worked and i've just copied that.

Guess i'm just unlucky, he didn't show up at km when I did it. It's like that 'doyouevenmodbro' guy said, the first few lines of the character entry are updated but the 'letho completed' command and the 'send letho to km' command didn't seem to do anything, i typed it in way back after the manor quest, so maybe i'm doing something wrong.

Guess i'm just unlucky, he didn't show up at km when I did it. It's like that 'doyouevenmodbro' guy said, the first few lines of the character entry are updated but the 'letho completed' command and the 'send letho to km' command didn't seem to do anything, i typed it in way back after the manor quest, so maybe i'm doing something wrong.
It works, BUT
That is addfact(q402_invited_letho_to_km) , not SQ. Just did it, everything is fine)

Bump, any specific sequence of events to make Ghosts of the Past work?

I made the idiot mistake of importing a savegame from continuing TW1->TW2->TW3 not realizing that carrying over savegames is penalized and now Letho is "dead".

I'm not of the mind to restart the game 35 hours into it.

Edit: So I tried the "addfact(q102_letho_alive)" thing, and it did nothing. "addfact(import_letho_alive)" also did nothing. "addfact(letho_alive)" also did nothing. Similar commands with just "import" did nothing as well. Would resetting the quest work? If so, what is the command to reset the quest forcing the initial dialogue that triggered the quest to have to be repeated?

Last edited:
I do not remember if anyone managed to get Ghosts of the Past work, but it is definitely possible to make Letho appear at the battle of Kaer Morhen (see above). I found that import_letho_alive needs to be added before entering Velen the first time for Letho to spawn instead of the wraiths.

I guess I'm stuck in the same situation. I imported the save, but apparently it was before the choice was made for Letho, and now he isn't in the manor :( So there is no way to fix it?

I guess I'm stuck in the same situation. I imported the save, but apparently it was before the choice was made for Letho, and now he isn't in the manor :( So there is no way to fix it?
My guess is that the spawnset data never gets loaded. I'm running into the same thing on a different quest, looking for a way to make a quest happen through the console (or rather writing a script to execute through the console to make it happen)

I gave up on fixing this, and decided just to use in-game choice system next time when I'll get to it. Or may be I'll try using the autosave after talking to Letho, but there is no guarantee it would work either.

Hi everyone!

So I had the same issue as the autor so I tried the solution described above and like byngan said, there was a mistake with the end of the quest. When I looked at the character entry of Letho, the end was missing, meaning that the quest is still going.
As a choice must done at the end of "ghost from the past", I tried to input them in the console as "sq102_let_headhunters_go" and "sq102_letho_alive" to simulate the death of letho.

So the complete sequence is :

addfact(import_letho_alive)
addfact(riszon_let_go;1;import_letho_alive)
removefact(sq101_wraith_completed)
addfact(sq101_letho_found)
addfact(sq102_letho_met)
addfact(sq102_start)
addfact(sq102_helped_letho)
addfact(sq102_let_headhunters_go)
addfact(sq102_letho_alive)
addfact(sq102_letho_completed)
addfact(q402_invited_letho_to_km)

I haven't reach Kaer moren yet so I am not sure this solution works. However, the character entry of Lethos says that he join KM so it should be good.

So in order to check the solution, you have to check the character entry.

Hope this post helps and thanks to Soren_Asgard for giving the biggest part of the solution.

Top Bottom