[SPOILERS] "I shall give her what she deserves"

+
True up to a point... but:
He already married "The Lioncub of Cintra". Doesn't need the real Cirilla for that...

Yes, but maybe he knows he needs the true strength of the real Cirila. A secret like this cannot be hidden with the Wild Hunt in the other side.

BTW I cannot see the reason for using spoiler tag when the thread is announced with SPOILERS...

I really am looking forward to see the reactions of people when they find out that Emhyr is
Duny aka Ciri's biological father

I wonder how CDPR will handle that compared to the Lady of the Lake book.

by the way, what DID cause him to change his mind on the whole
marriage/incest
thing? Not all the books have English translations, so I had to read stuff about it on the witcher wiki, but it mentions very little of it.

I am amazed that the french translations came faster than the english ones.

Anyway from what I recall it is never explicitly stated. It seems pretty clear though that

Emhyr actually has emotions! When he saw how much Ciri was like him, how much she had suffered, and how much she loved Yennefer and Geralt, he just couldn't go on with his plan. It's his daughter after all... though Destiny might be for something in his decision...

Now I agree he seems far more ominous in the trailer, but that might just be a Tywin Lannister effect :lol:

Or a new raison d'état :devil:

maybe he intends to use as a weapon to end the war

i mean he probably loves her dearly and doesn't want her to be caught by the Wild Hunt

but come on he's a totally suspicious dude.

also, do you guys think they're going to talk about how she's his daughter straight off the bat in the game? the way the scene is presented in that Charles Dance interview makes me think they're presenting her as his daughter -- otherwise new players wouldn't have any justification about why he'd want to rescue her. actually, did he say 'she's my daughter' or something? IS THAT REALLY A SPOILER AT THIS POINT?

Ciri has been many things. An orphan, a witcher, a sorceress, an effective 'convict on the run' from Nilfgaard and others...such experiences may inspire her to things other than ruling people...and I dare say, much greater.

Last edited:

Guest 3782876

He probably wants what he ever wanted, the North.
and the son of Ciri.

The Witcher series has far less appeal to Americans, which make up a significant portion of people who'd want the English books. They would most likely view Ciri and Yennefer as anti-heroes, and generally find the books distasteful.

Ciri has been many things. An orphan, a witcher, a sorceress, an effective 'convict on the run' from Nilfgaard and others...such experiences may inspire her to things other than ruling people...and I dare say, much greater.

Speak for yourself, but I think Americans can recognize the Witcher's resemblance to heroes out of Chandler or Hammett, and (in the game, if not the books) Emhyr as the Old Man he must serve while drawing justice out of his ambition.

Any lack of appeal to Americans has to come from the amazingly half-hearted effort to produce the books in English. And that lack of effort may not be unrelated to the history of hostility between the American sci-fi fraternity and Polish writers who regard their work as superficial and commercial.

(I'm not kidding, see the disgraceful treatment of Stanislaw Lem by the SFWA and Philip K. DIck.)

Last edited:
No!!
she is a princess,so he is going to marry her and make her a queen.
she is also a special being because of her blood,her children will inherit the power to rule.

But he already renounced that once. I'm hoping for something more interesting from Red than just "I've changed my mind... again."

Speak for yourself, but I think Americans can
+1 American here... I don't read books that often lately as my time is so limited and simply other things are more entertaining. Like playing TW game :p

history of hostility between the American sci-fi fraternity and Polish writers who regard their work as superficial and commercial.
Learn something new every day.

Top Bottom