[Spoilers] Imported TW2 Save, Choices Not Represented in TW3

+
[Spoilers] Imported TW2 Save, Choices Not Represented in TW3

As noted in title, spoiler warning applies!

I imported my save from TW2. I am absolutely certain it is the correct save. To be even more certain I played through the ending again and imported that save. I was not treated to the part of TW3 where you answer questions to simulate a save import so I imagine the save imported correctly.

However, while reading up on a quest I had just completed, The Fall of the House of Reardon I saw other people talking about encountering Letho if you let him live in TW2. I did indeed allow him to live, yet never encountered him in this mission.

I am not far in the progression of the story but I have put tons of hours into playing the game and would hate to have to start over. Yet as it stands I am afraid to go any further. I've decided to shelve the game until someone official or someone who truly knows can tell me if there is any way that you might have let Letho live but not encounter him in this mission. Nothing I've read seems to indicate this as being the case.

Is there any way I could submit a save file for scrutiny by CDPR or any other way to verify that my save imported correctly?

Thanks!

I got the same problem, but I did not realize it until far later in the game, (just after completing the Brothers in arms: Velen questline). I am about the one hundred hour mark, so restarting the game is out of the question. This might be tricky to solve, but I would really appreciate something to edit the save or to reset the Fall of House Reardon questline with Letho alive, even if it get a bit artificial or technical. Still a magnificient game !

Agreed. The game is a marvel. I may just continue to play as-is and hope that the issue is resolved by the time I decide to play through it again. It is a little disappointing though, to have been with the series since the first game and now feel like I am playing someone else's version of my story.

Bump, any specific sequence of events to make Ghosts of the Past work?

I made the idiot mistake of importing a savegame from continuing TW1->TW2->TW3 not realizing that carrying over savegames is penalized and now Letho is "dead".

I'm not of the mind to restart the game 35 hours into it.

Copy from post in story forum.
The fact that this continues to be an issue is both infuriating and amateur.

Thanks, is there any way to do it after the prologue?

I am way past the prologue. I know it's not game breaking or anything, but just imagine loading up a save file from BG1 into BG2 and your class changed from Mage to Paladin. It is a nonsensical change that just completely breaks immersion.

I imagine it should work as long as you reload to a point before the actual choice comes into play. e.g. Say one of my choices was "pancakes over waffles". At some point in TW3, Geralt gets a quest to go to a waffle house, and he starts talking about how much he "loves waffles". Just reload to a point before that quest appears in the journal, activate the console command, and take the quest again. That should make Geralt say he "hates waffles".

I've never actually used it before. As far as I've ever seen the backstory selections execute correctly. Must be a random goof.

Not as far as I know. I think you simply need to reload to an earlier save. It's not really feasible to "roll back" data within a save file, normally.

Top Bottom