(SPOILERS) Is Emhyr var Emreis a good emperor?

+
You really want Switzerland to conquer the world?... Well, you will wait a while then.

Heh the Switzerland comment is not that accurate, since Kovir is a very powerful nation. Esterad already rules the world through trade. The comparison would be better with medieval Venice. Do not forget that he practically allowed the Northern Kingdoms to defeat Nilfgaard, by lending them half a million novigrad crowns. And as he says, half a million, and another half, makes a whole million.

Heh the Switzerland comment is not that accurate, since Kovir is a very powerful nation. Esterad already rules the world through trade. The comparison would be better with medieval Venice. Do not forget that he practically allowed the Northern Kingdoms to defeat Nilfgaard, by lending them half a million novigrad crowns. And as he says, half a million, and another half, makes a whole million.
Kovir also indirectly helped the Northern kingdoms by granting royal pardon to prisoners in Kovir, many of which later formed the Free Company which had a great share in defeating the blacks at Brenna... ;)

I'm aware of that... all that I meant is that Kovir is last Kingdom which I would see as a conqueror.

Last edited:

I was always under the impression, that medieval venice was a thieving state stealing treasures from all over the place and taking them home. Sure though, that they were trading as well. But this is not part of the topic here.

I'm aware about that... all that I meant is that Kovir is last Kingdom which I would see as a conqueror.
Oh, I agree. Kovir is neutral. They think that war and physical violence is unnecessary if you could also rule the world by economic force and trade. Kovir and Poviss are quite modern states for this world... ;)

Kovir also indirectly helped the Northern kingdoms by granting royal pardon to prisoners in Kovir, many of which later formed the Free Company which had a great share in defeating the blacks at Brenna... ;)

They also helped directly with cash. It's in their best interest for the North to say free.

You really want Switzerland to conquer the world?... Well, you will wait a while then.
Believe me friend, I know a few countries that are 'neutral' today that were quite powerful back in the day. :happy:

But yeah, many join the race to be king of the mountain, often making an even worse mess of the world and their own life than when they started. That's the thing about greed, in the pursuit of wanting more you end up with less or nothing at all. I got a perfect quote for those hungry ambitious people, and Kaneda said it best:

"Now you're king of the mountain aren'tcha, but it's all garbage!"
I hope you've seen Akira, friend and if you haven't it's a must. If you watch it in English then go with the 90's dub. Classic! :happy:

EDIT:

I shall give her what she deserves.
How generous...

So yes, he is a good emperor.

:cheers:

You are kidding me, my friend, that line is ominous as hell! :lol:

Last edited:
Being an emperor myself, I can safely say that Emhyr is a good emperor.
Between you and Emhyr I'd choose you for emperor. :rolleyes: Besides, I know you would definitely give Ciri what she deserves wouldn't you? Truly what she deserves I mean, without any ominous and implied meaning that she isn't really better off. Can anyone say anything else than that you truly care for Ciri? ^_^

What I can say with reasonable certainty, without having read the books, is that he is very intelligent. Indeed, I believe he ws the most impressive chessmaster of the Witcher 2, without even appearing (see my article on that: http://knightofphoenix.tumblr.com/post/33339602398/the-politics-of-the-witcher-2-part-4-emhyr-the).

That however is not enough to make one a good emperor, so we'll have to wait and see in the game (as far as I know, his domestic policies are unexplored in the books).

Between you and Emhyr I'd choose you for emperor. :rolleyes: Besides, I know you would definitely give Ciri what she deserves wouldn't you? Truly what she deserves I mean, without any ominous and implied meaning that she isn't really better off. Can anyone say anything else than that you truly care for Ciri? ^_^

Thank you so much for your kind words !

If I was emperor of Nilfgaard, I'd definately hire you as my advisor and...

@SMiki55 to design our banners.
@Synvael to take care of the supplies (mostly pizza and wine)
@Kinley to lead the main crossbow regiment (I'll blame him if we lose a battle)
@ReptilePZ to be the cynical jester

You are kidding me, my friend, that line is ominous as hell! :lol:
Of course, it's ominous but that line gave me so much hype I nearly fell off my chair. Sorry. :wat:

Thank you so much for your kind words !

If I was emperor of Nilfgaard, I'd definately hire you as my advisor and...

@SMiki55 to design our banners.
@Synvael to take care of the supplies (mostly pizza and wine)
@Kinley to lead the main crossbow regiment (I'll blame him if we lose a battle)
@ReptilePZ to be the cynical jester
You have free supplies of pizza and WIIINEEE, you know.

I think it's Charles Dance's great voice. The voice and the line. Such a perfect fit for the role. I could listen to that man all day... :)
Maybe. :) His voice + that line = glorious hype for a ominous character, I've always found Emhyr a truly charming ruler...

...well, he also scared his servants a lot, but these are only details *ahem*

Top Bottom