(SPOILERS) Is Emhyr var Emreis a good emperor?

+
It would have been great to meet Esterad of Thyssen in the games. Such a shame... That chapter in the books was awesome.

Yeah, pretty sorry about that, my previous post was quite spoilery, but it was too long so I didn't think many people would read it. And it felt wrong putting spoiler tags on that whole thing. :p
No worries, I didn't read it or many others as I suspected spoilers abound. But thanks anyway for your concern. That was outright nice of you. :happy:
It was nice of you too @Synvael! :happy:

The whole thread is tagged with SPOILER. There is imo no need for putting the spoiler tag in each post here on top of that.

But the thread wasn't from the start, now was it? And each post? No of course not. I don't demand anything at all, and as I said, now I know, hence I take my leave of the thread. I do look forward making a return after I've read all the books. :happy: See you then!

I think Emhyr is going to end up pretty likeable and shown as a good leader and all that. But it seems the wild hunt brought a whole army considering the use of the word generals, and I'm pretty sure the wild hunt is going to hand him his ass.

I think Emhyr is going to end up pretty likeable and shown as a good leader and all that. But it seems the wild hunt brought a whole army considering the use of the word generals, and I'm pretty sure the wild hunt is going to hand him his ass.

The Wild Hunt doesn't care much about Emhyr, well in fact, they do not care at all. All they care about is Ciri. If Emhyr somehow manages to get Ciri, then I guess some conflict will ensue.

I'd would like that CDPR could portrayed Emhyr's character from the begining till the end of the game as a badass impossible to be loved but impossible not to be admired at the same time. Hard (and wished) challenge.

The Wild Hunt doesn't care much about Emhyr, well in fact, they do not care at all. All they care about is Ciri. If Emhyr somehow manages to get Ciri, then I guess some conflict will ensue.

If the Aen Elle challenge Emhyr, they have found their bane.
I doubt he'd be fond of another empire messing with the world he plans to rule.

And the reason why the Wild Hunt now has generals is probably because...
...after the death of old Auberon, Eredin - who seems to have poisoned him - must have taken over.
And we all know that Eredin is very militaristic and aggressive.

I wouldn't put it beyond him to plan a full-scale invasion, to restore the elven race to it's former glory.
Especially because he always saw Auberons peaceful and isolationist politics as weak.

...after the death of old Auberon, Eredin - who seems to have poisoned him - must have taken over.
And we all know that Eredin is very militaristic and aggressive.

I wouldn't put it beyond him to plan a full-scale invasion, to restore the elven race to it's former glory.
Especially because he always saw Auberons peaceful and isolationist politics as weak.
Hm, I don't think Auberon's politics were peaceful or isolationist. They just lacked the power to invade other worlds. That's why they need Ciri and her son. We don't actually know if Auberon would have invaded the witcher world if he had the power or not. The unicorns told ciri that both the fox (Avallac'h) and the sparrowhawk (Eredin) were responsible for the invasion and mass murder of humans in their own world.
I agree that Eredin very likely took over power after Auberon's death (which imo was more a suicide) but not without Avallac'h help. Eredin is only the Aen Elle's militaric leader while Avallac'h is their spiritual leader. But even if Eredin has the full power he can't do much more than he did before. He can only travel on the Great Helix in small numbers. More than the few warriors of his red riders - The Wild Hunt - are not possible. A big invasion of the witcher world won't happen in the short future anyway. Even if they caught Ciri they would have to impregnate her first and then they would have to wait until her son growed up and opened the Great Gate of the Worlds. And at that time, possibly 20 years in the future, Emhyr probably wouldn't even rule anymore or even be alive. And they can't travel back in time (although Ciri would have the power) since the time paradox prevents that (Ciri's person).

I'm quite curious how Avallac'h fits into the picture tbh. We know that Eredin is the leader of the Wild Hunt but we don't know if we will see Avallac'h in the Witcher 3. It would be imo sad if not since he is an important character as well.

Hm, I don't think Auberon's politics were peaceful or isolationist. They just lacked the power to invade other worlds. That's why they need Ciri and her son. We don't actually know if Auberon would have invaded the witcher world if he had the power or not. The unicorns told ciri that both the fox (Avallac'h) and the sparrowhawk (Eredin) were responsible for the invasion and mass murder of humans in their own world.
I agree that Eredin very likely took over power after Auberon's death (which imo was more a suicide) but not without Avallac'h help. Eredin is only the Aen Elle's militaric leader while Avallac'h is their spiritual leader. But even if Eredin has the full power he can't do much more than he did before. He can only travel on the Great Helix in small numbers. More than the few warriors of his red riders - The Wild Hunt - are not possible. A big invasion of the witcher world won't happen in the short future anyway. Even if they caught Ciri they would have to impregnate her first and then they would have to wait until her son growed up and opened the Great Gate of the Worlds. And at that time, possibly 20 years in the future, Emhyr probably wouldn't even rule anymore or even be alive. And they can't travel back in time (although Ciri would have the power) since the time paradox prevents that (Ciri's person).

I'm quite curious how Avallac'h fits into the picture tbh. We know that Eredin is the leader of the Wild Hunt but we don't know if we will see Avallac'h in the Witcher 3. It would be imo sad if not since he is an important character as well.

Adding to that, do not forget that the Aen Elle, are elves. Just like the Aen Seidhe. They do not reproduce like humans. They are not strong in numbers for that reason. So I doubt they could actually make a full scale invasion, against the humans. No matter how strong warriors and sorcerers they might be.

About Avallac'h, I sincerely (or sincirily) do hope that he finds his "good" self, and opposes Eredin, in the end. I don't think he will be against him from the get go, but I hope he will be as the game progresses. Assuming that he is in the game of course.

Adding to that, do not forget that the Aen Elle, are elves. Just like the Aen Seidhe. They do not reproduce like humans. They are not strong in numbers for that reason. So I doubt they could actually make a full scale invasion, against the humans. No matter how strong warriors and sorcerers they might be.
Well, we have no proper information about the numbers of the Aen Elle or the real power they have. It's pure speculation if they were able to invade the witcher world easily.

About Avallac'h, I sincerely (or sincirily) do hope that he finds his "good" self, and opposes Eredin, in the end. I don't think he will be against him from the get go, but I hope he will be as the game progresses. Assuming that he is in the game of course.
Well, what does "good" mean here? All we know is that Avallac'h isn't as aggressive as Eredin. But we also know that he despise humans, maybe even more than Eredin himself. In contrast to Eredin, Avallac'h has strong personal motives to not only hate humans on a general level but also on a personal level since he once loved Lara Dorren aep Shiadhal and Cregenan took her away from him. Both Eredin and Avallac'h believe in the Ithlinne's prophecy and they would never sacrifice the Aen Seidhe. They both know how the humans of the witcher world treat the Aen Seidhe and I believe that both have no pity for the human race after all. For them, humans are just animals. But I agree that Avallac'h seems at least to be less cruel and less aggressive than Eredin. While Eredin would probably invade the witcher world and kill most humans in the attempt to save the Aen Seidhe from the ice age Avallac'h would probably just let them be, abandoning them to their fate.
We just shouldn't underestimate Avallac'hs motivation to find and capture Ciri again. It is probably as big as Eredin's motivation though he still seems to argue with reason instead of using violence.

Lol, so many spoilers.... :p

@LordCrash

We don't know anything about their numbers and power, indeed. I just thought because they are elves too, they would not reproduce as fast. Also their "Earth" is many times smaller than the Witcher world "Earth", so I would guess they would not want to overpopulate. But that is as you said, speculations.

What I meant by "good", and now that is my personal interpretation of Avallac'h character, is that even though Avallac'h has so many reasons to hate humans, more reasons than any other elf I might add, (well that might be a bit exaggerated), he is now indifferent towards humans. He acts like he hates them sometimes, for example his words to Geralt, but I believe he has come to terms with them. It's been so many years after all. The only human I think he would still hate is Cregenan.

One other thing, why I believe, that Avallac'h won't, in the end, be in league with Eredin. The way he reacted to Ciri, when that brat pushed him to his limits. He got really really angry, really really fast, and that is because, I think, he considers Ciri to be the great-great-great-granddaughter of Cregenan. He does so, mainly because Ciri is human. He considers her to be the spawn of the man that ruined his life. But when Ciri apologized, he calmed down so fast, just as fast as he got angry in the first place. That fact, shows to me that, he is capable of seeing the "good" part in others, no matter how much he might hate them. He was capable of seeing Lara Dorren in Ciri, and so he calmed down instantly. That's just me though.

Oh, I also feel like, he really regrets his part in helping Auberon with finding the Elder Gene. Anyway.

Oh also, one last thing. Avallac'h is a musician, and everybody knows musicians are kind souls. I mean look at our beloved Dandelion. :p

And since we have once again spiraled way off topic, I suggest we drop this discussion, and continue it via PMs, if you wish so.

I know the plot of TW3.
Wildlings = Wild Hunt and Aen Elle
Stannis Baratheon = Emhyr var Emreis, the White Flame Dancing on the Barrows of his Enemies

Top Bottom