[Spoilers] Johnny lies to me on no-kill run

+

nebuul

Forum regular
Well, this is disappointing. I've done a 100% no-kill run, not even accidental kills. Every single person I've fought has been a non-lethal takedown or non-lethal damage where they are left breathing on the ground. It hasn't been easy. Heck, many missions I don't even incapacitate anyone. I frequently stealth through without any violence.

Then, I get to Transmission.

V: You can be a charming guy - just make the effort, charisma flows
V: Then I remember that nuke you detonated downtown without a second thought and no hint of later remorse
Johnny: It was Mikoshi I was after, wanted to destroy it. Gave 'Saka ample time to clear the building
V: You knew countless people would die. Don't kid yourself.
Johnny: Take lives aplenty yourself. See scale as a problem?

So disappointing. I actually played to this point just to see if this line blindly rang out again. C'est la vie.

He might be referring to the time before player takes control of V. As someone living in NC (or generally in Cyberpunk universe) you probably did flatline a person or two.

On the other hand... what do you care about Johnny's comment? Maybe he's just provoking again ;-).

The story doesn't care about your actions

The script wasn't written that way.

So kill or don't, it doesn't matter story wise

It does however affect the fixers responses and the eddies you get. (I think I'm right about the last one)

They still give you all the same missions whichever you choose.

It does however affect the fixers responses and the eddies you get. (I think I'm right about the last one)

They still give you all the same missions whichever you choose.

but only for cyberpsychos or the few missions with an optional stealth objective - never saw a difference in any other mission yet, do u?

well yeah... Big Boi at the end... how could I missed him : /
Even the Tygers in the Clouds, if you don't kill any of them, Maiko and V talk about that later :)

Then there are obvious :
- The monks quest in NorthSide.
- Maiko during Pisces.
- In most of the GIGs where you have to kill a target, you can generally talk and spare the dude (like Gustavo Orta).
- Regina GIG with the ex-soldier in Watson (he commit a suicide later if you convince him, but it's not V's fault^^).

Top Bottom