[ Spoilers ] Judy's background and River's investigation link ?

+
Hello everyone , I'm here to raise a topic I didn't find and because I'm wondering a lot about this. It can be wrong as I don't really have many clues but they are still strong enough to me to think that.

Following sentences contains spoilers. Be aware.

Everything starts during the quest "Pyramid Song" where Judy invites you to visit her ancient village now submerged Laguna Bend, in order to experiment new method of DS. During the dive, since you are connected to Judy, you can hear her memories through voices during her youth. One of these voices caughted me : the one asking Judy to become his girlfriend.
What we know is that Judy grew up in Laguna Bend with her grandparents till in late 2061 or early 2062, the area was bought out. So that it could be converted into a reservoir, and the residents were forced to vacate the town since it would be submerged when the construction of the dam was over.

Now going to River's investigation "The Hunt" . During it, we are looking for his nephew, Randy. At one point, we observe different DS especially during the childhood of Anthony Harris. Thanks to them, we learn that Anthony was going at school in Laguda Bend, so I personally guess he was also living there.
Also, at least in the langage I played the game. The voice of the boy asking Judy to become his girlfriend, is actually the same as Anthony's voice during his childhood.

So according to that, We can tell that Judy dodged something horrible.

Now I'm wondering if anybody noticed that in English or any other langage.
Feel free to tell here if you heard something similar than I do.
Also feel free to add anything you could meet during your playthrough here about this topic.

Cheers Choombas :cool:

I've noticed that as well and it qualifies for me as cut content. Both River's and Judy's storylines should intervene at some point bringing more drama if you romance one of them and the other is obviously interested in V. The fact that there's a common ground (even if flooded) doesn't feel like a mistake or a missed opportunity but something that was deliberately cut from the game. The fact that the serial killer that we heard in the news (even not touching River's quest at all) was Judy's neighbor and we can't bring it up, seems odd. V also plays dumb if asked about Laguna Bend by River if completed quests with Judy and vice versa.

I've noticed that as well and it qualifies for me as cut content. Both River's and Judy's storylines should intervene at some point bringing more drama if you romance one of them and the other is obviously interested in V. The fact that there's a common ground (even if flooded) doesn't feel like a mistake or a missed opportunity but something that was deliberately cut from the game. The fact that the serial killer that we heard in the news (even not touching River's quest at all) was Judy's neighbor and we can bring it up, seems odd. V also plays dumb if asked about Laguna Bend by River if completed quests with Judy and vice versa.
As you say , It doesn't sound like a coincidence. It may be something that we can expect in the future, like free DLC or something added with future expansions. This is the kind of moment that I love CDPR games, I find a lot of depth in what they do. Just as Witcher 3 is.
It's super appreciable

mbrto

Forum regular
intersting, but could be a coincidence.
i doubt we will ever know for sure

As you say , It doesn't sound like a coincidence. It may be something that we can expect in the future, like free DLC or something added with future expansions. This is the kind of moment that I love CDPR games, I find a lot of depth in what they do. Just as Witcher 3 is.
It's super appreciable

I would love them more if they actually connected it. They might not do it after all and leave it to the fans for possible theories and fanfiction writing. There are more breadcrumbs like that across the whole game and I highly doubt they would be even coherently connected.
Plus bringing up the serial killer would change the tone of Pyramid Song entirely. Judy is already trying not to think about Evelyn and Clouds so dumping a serial killer on her would most likely lead to a different outcome. It's not that I want to save Judy's sex scene at all cost but perhaps that was the reason. Unless there would be an additional quest but then it would feel like an afterthought. Not to mention that Pyramid Song can be completed in a few different moments:
- V already solved Randy's case
- V has no idea about Randy's case and never met River
- V met River and started the quest but didn't finish it yet (or completed only one of the segments)
- V rejected the quest entirely or dropped it at some point
- I'm not sure if you can fail River's questline, but perhaps?
All of those outcomes had to be taken into consideration while talking to Judy about Laguna Bend. The fact that we can't visit the flooded school really annoyed me when I played the game.

Last edited:
I would love them more if they actually connected it. They might not do it after all and leave it to the fans for possible theories and fanfiction writing. There are more breadcrumbs like that across the whole game and I highly doubt they would be even coherently connected.
Plus bringing up the serial killer would change the tone of Pyramid Song entirely. Judy is already trying not to think about Evelyn and Clouds so dumping a serial killer on her would most likely lead to a different outcome. It's not that I want to save Judy's sex scene at all cost but perhaps that was the reason. Unless there would be an additional quest but then it would feel like an overthought. Not to mention that Pyramid Song can be completed in a few different moments:
- V already solved Randy's case
- V has no idea about Randy's case and never met River
- V met River and started the quest but didn't finish it yet (or completed only one of the segments)
- V rejected the quest entirely or dropped it at some point
- I'm not sure if you can fail River's questline, but perhaps?
All of those outcomes had to be taken into consideration while talking to Judy about Laguna Bend. The fact that we can't visit the flooded school really annoyed me when I played the game.
I totally agree. Everything you quoted would bring even more to the immersion of the game.
Now we can just hope that they will review things like that sooner or later ^^

Great observations =) Very much hope for some kind of development of this line in the DLC
UPD: I checked on the Russian voiceover and there are different voices. Waiting for people with English dubbing.

Last edited:
Great observations =) Very much hope for some kind of development of this line in the DLC
UPD: I checked on the Russian voiceover and there are different voices. Waiting for people with English dubbing.
Thanks for the feedback !
That's sad :v x)

thought it was strange that there wasn't any apparent connection between punchin judy & anthony harris, well other than laguna bend. but, i honestly wasn't paying as close attention to the voice actor's credits.

Guest 4412420

While this is an interesting detail, I doubt it's anything more than that or that it was ever intended to be more. I mean, what's Judy suppose to do here? Become involved in the questline because she might have talked to a future killer when they were both kids?

Edit: character database entry for Anthony Harris describes him as being in his 40s so, it's not him talking to Judy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey,
cool find :)

These huge chunks of cut content make me want to believe that the release was actually the start of the marketing campaign and we will get the full game in 6 months :ohstopit:

We can think about anything and everything tbh x)
It could be a cut content or coincidence, or something developped later on ... who knows

It'd be cool if you could call her and ask her about it during The Hunt if you've already done Pyramid Song, as you should recognize the name of the town when it comes up, but otherwise....as pointed out by Soykaff Harris is likely over a decade older than Judy. She might know the school / family / farm, but that'd be all.

Judy lived in Laguna Bend in 2060s, Anthony lived there in 2040. If he asked Judy to be his girlfiend, HE WOULD GO TO JAIL! :)

Top Bottom