[SPOILERS] Mikoshi Choices

+
All endings involving Mikoshi don't make sense if you really think about it. So, V and Johnny are separated, both are digitized engrams, and V can be reinserted into the body and die in 6 months, or they can let Johnny have it with a regular life span. Alt says the body has been changed so much, even on a genetic level, that it will reject V. There are problems with that:

1. Both V and Johnny are digital engrams, so why does the body care which piece of digital code is being added back in the brain chip?

2. Even if your DNA can care about what piece of digital code gets inserted into your brain chip, why can't the same nanite process that changed V's body in favor of Johnny be used to change the body again in favor of V?

I think the choice is an interesting one narratively, but the way it arrives at these options kind of falls apart, at least for me, when I think about it for more than 5 seconds.

If I had to come up with technobabble to explain it:

The chip is "rewriting" V's brain, meaning it is changing the physical connections and patterns of the neurons. Those connections are, in effect, our memories, responses, and at the very lowest level the instructions that make our heart beat and keep us alive.

So Johnny's "software" is perfectly aligned with these new patterns, this new architecture. But V's isn't.

If V's engram goes back into the body, it's trying to send a signal to the hand to say "draw my gun" but that neural pathway is totally different in the Johnny version of the brain, so that signal dead-ends someplace. And as more and more of the brain becomes un-navigable for V's engram, she loses more and more functionality, until at some point her engram is unable to instruct the body to do the things that it needs to do to stay alive, and autonomic functions fail.

And V dies.

In my opinion we have to take into account that everything within mikoshi had to be done under time constraint as Arasaka's elite unit was not far behind them.
Also to reserve the proccess aka rewrite Johnny one would have to know to activate the chip, as i remember correctly the whole chip activation was already a fluke to begin with, so you again rising everything for nothing

All endings involving Mikoshi don't make sense if you really think about it. So, V and Johnny are separated, both are digitized engrams, and V can be reinserted into the body and die in 6 months, or they can let Johnny have it with a regular life span. Alt says the body has been changed so much, even on a genetic level, that it will reject V. There are problems with that:

1. Both V and Johnny are digital engrams, so why does the body care which piece of digital code is being added back in the brain chip?

2. Even if your DNA can care about what piece of digital code gets inserted into your brain chip, why can't the same nanite process that changed V's body in favor of Johnny be used to change the body again in favor of V?

I think the choice is an interesting one narratively, but the way it arrives at these options kind of falls apart, at least for me, when I think about it for more than 5 seconds.

1)the relic altered the body/brain so it would would fit johnnies consciousness.
2)the new body developed a resistance to this process like people become immune to diseases.

the key here is that the biochip is altering the host body (mostly the brain, but also other parts) to be closer to the brain the engram needs. It isn't simply replacing memories, its changing neurological structures

The chip is "rewriting" V's brain, meaning it is changing the physical connections and patterns of the neurons. Those connections are, in effect, our memories, responses, and at the very lowest level the instructions that make our heart beat and keep us alive.

So Johnny's "software" is perfectly aligned with these new patterns, this new architecture. But V's isn't.

If V's engram goes back into the body, it's trying to send a signal to the hand to say "draw my gun" but that neural pathway is totally different in the Johnny version of the brain, so that signal dead-ends someplace. And as more and more of the brain becomes un-navigable for V's engram, she loses more and more functionality, until at some point her engram is unable to instruct the body to do the things that it needs to do to stay alive, and autonomic functions fail.

And V dies.
Its more simple then that, its akin to brain replacement surgery, while you get New brain body treats it as invasive object so imuno cells eat it up and as we know body cany functions without brain

And V dies.

This and the fact that The Relic rebuilt a piece of V's brain when they got shot which acts as a gateway for allowing The Relic to function in the first place.

It's all speculation based on the fact that The Relic trials failed even though it was provided with several body-hosts that were suitable for the process.

The Relic is also damaged and fused with V's brain which also provides a hinderance.

Top Bottom