[Spoilers] My Expierence with the Tragic Ending

+
Caution TW: Suicide/Self harm

(Applogies to mods, but ill do my best to keep it clean and spoiler free)

Ive never watched the Suicide ending personally, because of my own stupid attempts at it at life, Tried many times, all failed.

I wasnt ready to face the ending video till i could work the courage up. I worked it up a few days ago, and sat and watched it.

Fuck....

I dont know where to begin, But heres my view of Vs cowards way out:

I could understand what he was going through and his choice, My choices were either hanging, jumping or slicing, but never a gun, but for him, Easy i guess.

Watching the ending and clips to it of everyone V help leave a video message, calling him a coward, Breaking Judys heart, Pissing Panam off, River and Kerry disapointed in you for your choice with heart break, because we never reached out to ask for help.

I ended up breaking down and crying because of this. It pretty much opened my eyes to my own selfish choices of my stupid attempts because i had no one around when i knew i did, What i didnt think was what would they say, How would they say it etc.

Watching that ending completely gave me a prospective no one has given me, and im grateful to the devs for showing a way for someone like me, could see the outsiders prospective.

Im not ashamed of my scars or attempts, I am ashamed of my actions leading to it.

Thanks Devs, I owe you my life.

Icinix

Forum veteran
Giving up a thumbs up for this post feels tacky and disingenuous - but thank you for posting.

It's an ending that I feel has been maligned by some people - and your perspective is a powerful thing to share.

I was greatful of that ending. Because it satisfied that aspect of frustration video games give people. Is suicide bad in real life, yes. But as a narative tool. It's a nice option. Because I was about to select it as my first ending. I was so sick of Johnny, takemura died. V is basically screwed. I knew V was gonna get F'ed over in the end. Because that was the theme through out the game. I was like screw this all. I wish more games would include this as a option.

As a veteran, this post hit close to home. When I served, every time someone mentioned suicide, they were put on a 24/7 watch.

Whether you know it or not, there are people out there who care about you, friend.

Top Bottom