[Spoilers] Panam message bug?

+
On my first playthrough I had these messages from Panam
Capture.PNG

But on my second playthrough I never got the "about that kiss" and "follow up" messages, even though I made the same choices. On my first playthrough I wasn't doing all the side quests, so I'm thinking maybe that's the reason? Because maybe in order to activate next panam quest, you need certain level, so there was more time for messages to appear between the quests? On my second playthrough maybe my level was too high and it didn't leave enough time for message, and activated next quest too soon? Anyway, it really sucks. Also there's a bug in the "I know I can trust you" message. After Panam calls you to tell you that basilisk is ready, your responses in that message disappear, and only Panam's text is left.

EDIT: On first playthrough I was corpo, now I'm nomad, maybe that affects it too?

Last edited:
On my first playthrough I had these messages from Panam View attachment 11125595
But on my second playthrough I never got the "about that kiss" and "follow up" messages, even though I made the same choices. On my first playthrough I wasn't doing all the side quests, so I'm thinking maybe that's the reason? Because maybe in order to activate next panam quest, you need certain level, so there was more time for messages to appear between the quests? On my second playthrough maybe my level was too high and it didn't leave enough time for message, and activated next quest too soon? Anyway, it really sucks. Also there's a bug in the "I know I can trust you" message. After Panam calls you to tell you that basilisk is ready, your responses in that message disappear, and only Panam's text is left.

EDIT: On first playthrough I was corpo, now I'm nomad, maybe that affects it too?
whoa i've never seen that "I know I can trust you" message before. What does it say?!

also yeah, there are in general a lot of bugs with both content of text messages and the timing of when they pop up. I was getting text from carol about panam way after her sidequests were done so that's definitely on their buqfix to do list. In my first go around with her I got AV plan, family, about that kiss and I can help. On my second time, i never got the about that kiss one even though the kiss did happen

whoa i've never seen that "I know I can trust you" message before. What does it say?!
She thanks you for having her back in the shouting match between her and Saul, after you steal the basilisk. And she also talks a little bit about what she said in the train station tower.
And in the "Follow up" message she sends you a picture from the camp where they're all chilling around the campfire and tells you that you were right about rejoining the family and invites you to come as well.
also yeah, there are in general a lot of bugs with both content of text messages and the timing of when they pop up. I was getting text from carol about panam way after her sidequests were done so that's definitely on their buqfix to do list. In my first go around with her I got AV plan, family, about that kiss and I can help. On my second time, i never got the about that kiss one even though the kiss did happen

Damn I really hope it all gets fixed in the January patch they announced. Who knows, maybe there's even more stuff that we never saw because it's bugged.
Also, which message from Carol? Did you mean Mitch maybe? I don't think I ever got a message from Carol.

Also, which message from Carol? Did you mean Mitch maybe? I don't think I ever got a message from Carol.

Carol sends u a few text,one is about noticing you and panam getting close and that you'll get your ass kicked if you hurt her

then another one giving you some advice on how to talk to panam

^the second one is one that pops up for me super late so it's hard to grasp context on it

Carol sends u a few text,one is about noticing you and panam getting close and that you'll get your ass kicked if you hurt her

then another one giving you some advice on how to talk to panam

^the second one is one that pops up for me super late so it's hard to grasp context on it
Weird, I never got his messages, just checked my first playthrough save as well, nothing there either. Please cdpr fix this asap.

Yeah wtf. I never got the last 3 messages under 'I can help'.

Must be bugged for sure.

Could you by any chance repost or DM me the content/screenshots of those 3 messages?
I kinda want to see it, but don't wanna replay the entire game just for that. :D
Post automatically merged:

I also got like two messages from Carol about Panam, but it was waaaay after the quests were done too.

Yeah wtf. I never got the last 3 messages under 'I can help'.

Must be bugged for sure.

Could you by any chance repost or DM me the content/screenshots of those 3 messages?
I kinda want to see it, but don't wanna replay the entire game just for that. :D
Post automatically merged:

I also got like two messages from Carol about Panam, but it was waaaay after the quests were done too.
Sure mate, here you go:

The game is bugged as fuck. I am supposed to romance Judy with my girl, and I can't receive her messages, so I can't pursue the romance with her.... I suppose it is the same with Panam for a lot of guys. " sigh "

I mean, it's okay to have a few bugs at release, but how the fuck could they release such an unfinished game that is absolutely unplayable ? I can't even do a lot of side quests, because the calls are bugged ! Jesus Christ.

nutsB2

Forum regular
Maybe somebody found a trigger for the panam text messages?
I roll the quest "riders on the storm" in perfect order with support panam at Saul, hotel dialog/touch and kiss at the end/bike.
No messages from panam incoming for days but than a call from her to invite me to quest "just a little bit help from my friends".
Is there any message trigger known what can help to get this messages? In regular the messages "about this kiss" and "follow up" must be appear between this two quests when panam join the clan again.
In my first walkthough this 3 messages under "I can help you" never come up. Only the messages from Carol I received. I start playing with v1.31 maybe the message options have changed between the patches???

Maybe it is helpful to wait and not continue the panam quests for now. Has anyone get the text messages when the quest "just a little bit help from my friends". Already in the journal???

Last edited:
Maybe somebody found a trigger for the panam text messages?
I roll the quest "riders on the storm" in perfect order with support panam at Saul, hotel dialog/touch and kiss at the end/bike.
No messages from panam incoming for days but than a call from her to invite me to quest "just a little bit help from my friends".
Is there any message trigger known what can help to get this messages? In regular the messages "about this kiss" and "follow up" must be appear between this two quests when panam join the clan again.
In my first walkthough this 3 messages under "I can help you" never come up. Only the messages from Carol I received. I start playing with v1.31 maybe the message options have changed between the patches???

Maybe it is helpful to wait and not continue the panam quests for now. Has anyone get the text messages when the quest "just a little bit help from my friends". Already in the journal???
I'm not sure when these messages should be received, but from my memories, I could say it's after Queen of The Hightway (so the last Panam's quest).
(About the kiss... I don't know at all)
At least, if you have other things quests available, do them (wait/skip time certainly won't change anything).

Follow up should appear sometime after you get Hellman, if you convince her to go back to the Aldecaldos.
About that Kiss would show after the mission to rescue saul, if you got the kiss from her before she leaves.
I know i can trust you should come up after the mission to steal the tank, as long as you didn't rat her out to Saul.
I can help should come sometime after Queen of the highway, provided you tell her about the chip screwing with your head.
Though everything after the mission with Hellman requires that you didn't piss her off/kill the romance somehow.

I get the kiss after get Saul out. But the message "about this kiss" will not occur until her next call for quest "just a little bit help from my friends".
I tryed this 3 times now.... also make different options to touch or welcome her at customer in the hut/hotel dialog...
There must be a different trigger for all messages between "family" and "I can help" (after queen of the highway)...
so bad guys!!!
this messages make a lot of panams character.... and yes something is missing without them.
I have a good save starting at ghost town, catch Hellmann and so on. After i get Hellmann comes the "family" message and some time later panam call for "riders on the storm" what is to be done in 24h before Saul pass away.
Specially the text messages are send in a random way .... no idea if this a bug or we miss a trigger here....
I currently have a good progress save not started "just a little bit help from my friends". looking for a way out of this mess

I've had some things trigger after saving, quitting the game, and then starting again. Outside that, not sure how much i can say that hasn't been already. Try doing a side job, or something,

can messages maybe triggerd by Cyber Engine Tweaks Console ??
Different scrips are out already, not using this until now but may somebody have an idea.
So far i understand, if you don't get the messages "about the kiss" "follow up" "i know can trust you" until quest "queen if the highway" you will never get in this game (n):rolleyes:

In all my playthroughs of the game i've never got the "follow up" "I know i can trust you" or "about that kiss" :(
The only texts I usually get after Riders on the Storm are a text from Saul and a text from Mitch, which starts his side quest. I've got the texts from Carol after With a Little Help from my Friends and also one from Cassidy but not Panam?

On another view.... does anybody get this messages in v1.31 ?
Maybe this has to be removed by the last patch to make the Panam story line more credible.
I just replay Quest "just a little bit help from my friends" and yes panam is really unclear and carful.
Maybe CD Project has reduce the speed of the romance to make it a bit more realistic :rolleyes:

After Quest "just a little bit help from my friends" and skip some hours i get this message from Carol.....
Maybe the messages are really have diversify in background of your Gamestart as Corpo, Nomad or Streetkid.
or as i have supposed there is a change between the game patches.
I played as nomad...

Carol1.jpg

Last edited:
After Quest "just a little bit help from my friends" and skip some hours i get this message from Carol.....
Maybe the messages are really have diversify in background of your Gamestart as Corpo, Nomad or Streetkid.
or as i have supposed there is a change between the game patches.
I played as nomad...
It's been a while that I had a romance with Panam (even before 1.2), but this message from Carol, I'm almost certain that I received it after "A Little Help From My Friends" (after the romance was "official" around the campfire with the other "veterans").
I suppose that no one was aware of the kiss after "Riders On The Storm".

Edit : Anyway, if you really have questions about Panam, you should consider to ask/post in this thread ;)

Last edited:
just to fullfil this messages, here the second von Carol after doing quest "queen of the highway"

Carol2.jpg

it looks like the Panam character should be more harder in summary with this less messages and a few side infos from Carol....
Do i understand this right, players with messages "about the kiss" "follow up" "i know can trust you" never get something from Carol
and others have this inverted..... mmh ?
Than this points more to a feature as a bug....

EDIT ..... to be honest. The Judy romance stroy line feels a little bit more intensive. reason also the messages and smalls things you can get after the final night with her.
Yes you right a Panam DLC shoud be a nice shoot. May the Devs have design Panam a bit smaller in case you can have a complete ending with the character...

EDIT2.... the messages seems depending at your character background.
Nomands will not have this 3 texts from Panam. In return you get other ones form different NPC. a buddy play as Street kid an have all Panam messages in the list. Okay this should be the reason of all this!
But no idea why CD Project removed this text in normad lifeway.... mmh maybe the clans dealing different with own people or it is more difficult for an outsider to understand clan thinking.
In my opinion they can keep this few text lines also in normad way this make the romance more realistic....!!!

Last edited:
Sorry i was not right with my last opinion !!!
It is not depending on life path!
Another friend play as Street kid and missing the kiss and follow up message as well !!
I reproduced the issue with a new game start and solution seems simple.

Do not skip any time in the panam questline.
Avoid waiting times in other quests as well!
Let run all in Realtime, drive around, do some little police jobs and so on.

In my current save I get all messages from panam, mitch, the other veteran (warn you in case panam gets hurt) and Carol as well !!!!
Looks like the message triggers are bound to elapsed time. In case you skip it the messages will not received.
If you rush through the game you missing details
😉
Hope this help !!!

Last edited:
Sorry i was not right with my last opinion !!!
It is not depending on life path!
Another friend play as Street kid and missing the kiss and follow up message as well !!
I reproduced the issue with a new game start and solution seems simple.

Do not skip any time in the panam questline.
Avoid waiting times in other quests as well!
Let run all in Realtime, drive around, do some little police jobs and so on.

In my current save I get all messages from panam, mitch, the other veteran (warn you in case panam gets hurt) and Carol as well !!!!
Looks like the message triggers are bound to elapsed time. In case you skip it the messages will not received.
If you rush through the game you missing details
😉
Hope this help !!!

Can confirm, this seems to be a timing bug. When you skip time, the messages may not trigger because the time window was exceeded.
waiting time in quests (for example "Wait for River") did not cause any negative impact for me.

Top Bottom