**Spoilers** Panam Vs Judy **Spoilers**

+
Please stay on topic - This is about Judy and Panam's personality and Romance arc

Please.
NO POSTS ABOUT SEXUAL PREFERANCE
NO POSTS ABOUT IN GAME AVAILABLITY

Thank you.

The Witcher series had Yen Vs Triss I think the devs have replicated that in CP with Panam Vs Judy

I just completed my 2 full playthrough (completed most of the side quests both times )

I have to say before the launch I was team Judy after playing though both romances, I have to admit I switched to Team Panam.

I enjoyed Panam's personally a lot more than I enjoyed Judy's but the actual content was not up to Witcher 2 or 3 standards.

W2 You see Triss lying naked on the bed W3 you see them both more naked than you see t Judy or Panam

FYI I was always on TEAM YEN.

I Like Panam and Yen more because they DO NOT fall for the male superiority complex or the Males are always the alpha and take control of the relationship which I find very attractive.

Just look how Yen stand up to Geralt and Panam stands up to Saul. Triss and Judy seem very "weak" personally in comparison. I have never been attracted in real life to women who are always depending on the "man " to control everything, to initiate everything and always be the "driver" in the relationship.

The way Panam handles Scorp's death is a lot better than the way Judy handled Eve's

I Don't think they go Fair treatment however.

- the actual content of Panam 's romance is a lot shorter and less detailed.

- there is no casual hangout "at home" like in Judy's cut scene

- You never really see Panam in any other outfit / shoes it's just jacket and no jacket.

- It would have been nice to see Panam hanging out in a tent in the same sort of clothes that ( bra /shirt shorts / panties) you see Judy in

-Would have been a perfect opportunity tie in when they first met and give her a foot massage saying . " I owned you this from that night on the farm" that would have been awesome

-they live in a very small close nit community it would have been a nice touch to have people commenting / gossiping about it in the back ground and some comments right to both of them to give it a more "family/ friends " atmosphere.

the love cut scene
- was disjointed,
- hard to see
- the night vison made it worse
- The camera work pacing was too fast
-ended abruptly ( also how did Panam get fully dressed so fast ? I mean we were fight the whole time and her clothes were probably all over the place.)

Don't get me wrong It was a great concept for "impulse moment " should have always been in the game .

It would have been a disservice not to take advantage of it, but they should have had a more relaxed scene later on in a tent somewhere or even parted on a cliff somewhere in the back of cargo bed of pickup. I mean even Panam said it was too short so the devs were aware.

So, in terms of best romance for content Judy does win

But for me just like Yen won in the Witcher Panam takes the #1 spot with me for best girlfriend.

I am hoping they will improve the existing romances and add new ones as the DLC come out.

Random post not sure where to put it so just put it in the thread I started but was playing around with photo mode an came up with what I think would be amazing.

I was going to call it trapped at the meeting :love: but ended with Have a seat My Queen. ( as she could have easily sat down to :love:)

Last edited:
I personally love Judy more, and she's like my new favorite female character (obviously, noone tops Ellie), but I feel like this entire concept is such a wasted opportunity, point you brought up with Panam and clothes, I mean, those small details would be nice, not to mention an ability to invite them for a meal in one of many restoraunts in Night City...

Big call about Judy being "Weak" and I get what you're saying - but Judy doesn't need a man to save her (as you put it), she represents someone trying to make a difference for the better in Night City - whilst still upholding her values and not giving in to the rage simmering inside (there are two very different outcomes in her quests when the option to kill someone comes up).

As for how they handle death differently - there is no right way for someone to grieve - and both of them died under very, very different circumstances. They are not comparable.

Panam instantly won me over when she toasted Jackie at the campfire, after I mentioned him before. She also seems generally more interested in who we are too, so it's not just about picking the right dialogue choices that lead to SEX or a constant consolling session with her.

Plus she's a *slightly* better planner as well. :p
Most of her plans, no matter how improvised and crazy, usually seem to work out (not bad for someone with a reputation of a hothead, huh?). Can't say the same for poor Judy and her disaster of a plan for Clouds.

I do agree she definitely needs more content, and this is something I'd like to see possibly rectified with DLCs in the future (more or expanded activities with our romances etc.). Or at least I hope they will.

Last edited:
Panam.

SPOILERS*

When you call Judy on the last mission, after everything you've done for her she basically says "well good luck V" lmao.
When you call Panam on the last mission, she acknowledges you're about to send her on a suicide mission and says "Okay, I'm coming to pick you up don't move".

That's all I need to say :LOL:

For me it was Judy, I didn't have much expectation or interest for any as I started my game really. But pretty soon time with her, talking with her and quests related to her became the most impactful driving force for me in Night City. I won't go into detailed description as to why, I developed a bit of a habit for endless walls of text when it comes to Judy and romance in general. So I'll try just sum up what my experience amounted to in the end regarding this character.

I can honestly say that Judy has redefined for me many of my deep rooted views on beauty and truth that I held all my life, It was humbling and unexpected and I feel thankful and better for it. I wasn't prepared for it so the emotional shock resulting in the mix of unprecedented joy and endless unfulfilled desire seen as the romance ends at its start left me without eating food for 2 days and not feeling hungry at all. So maybe am not the typical case to draw parallels to. You let me know. But I didn't go tru anything similar all my life even after break ups. In the end I found myself with all of you here campaigning for more time with our characters, something I've never done before even after hundreds of games behind me.

Am happy to see that so many connected with Panam in a similar way, It goes to show how different we are and find value in other personality types to varying degrees. I adore Panam, and I can understand all of you that fell in love with her. Your investment like mine hopefully wont go without rewards in future.

I am sorry for being unable to draw comparisons as that seems to be the point of this thread, and that is due to personal reasons, as I feel dissecting Judy or Panam along traits and boxing them in on a list feels a bit cold. And they both hold intimate connections to all of us here and it would lose bit of that magic we felt while getting to know them. I wouldn't want you sometimes to be able to describe what you feel for them too, so I keep the words to myself. Things that are too hard to put into words shouldn't be attempted to be put into words in this case.
But again, follow your passion where you know you must, and in a way you feel you must!

Apologies if I made the post too personal and out of thread subject, the mods will deal with me if I did.
Love you all!

I know everyone loves Panam but I was really annoyed when she got all pissy after I said that going after Nash for not showing up was not apart of the plan. Like, I'm already helping her and she got what she needed back. Why does she demand me to go on a revenge mission with her when I barely know her? To me, I felt she was being incredible childish and unreasonable. She gives you the silent treatment because you deny her unreasonable request. A lot of other decisions she made throughout the mission made me not really like her. I grew to eventually be ok with her but my initial impression with her was just bad.

Not to mention the suicide ending when I felt like she made it all about herself.. Like, I know she's "acting tough" trying to protect herself by saying those things but I just have a hard time understanding that type of reaction. I enjoyed my friendship with her but personally did not connect with her as much for the reasons listed above. Ultimately, both were very well written and very different people. I just didn't connect with Panam that much.

heh in both of my endings I got both one as a friend and other as love interest depending on whether male or female.

Big call about Judy being "Weak" and I get what you're saying - but Judy doesn't need a man to save her (as you put it), she represents someone trying to make a difference for the better in Night City - whilst still upholding her values and not giving in to the rage simmering inside (there are two very different outcomes in her quests when the option to kill someone comes up).

As for how they handle death differently - there is no right way for someone to grieve - and both of them died under very, very different circumstances. They are not comparable.

Mabey "weak" is not the best word to describe it but I can't think of any other description.

also

Panam.

SPOILERS*

When you call Judy on the last mission, after everything you've done for her she basically says "well good luck V" lmao.
When you call Panam on the last mission, she acknowledges you're about to send her on a suicide mission and says "Okay, I'm coming to pick you up don't move".

That's all I need to say :LOL:

- that's true she does not even ask if there is way she can help.

I guess I just Panams personality better and like the way Panam deals with things as opposed to Judy's way.

Post automatically merged:

For me it was Judy, I didn't have much expectation or interest for any as I started my game really. But pretty soon time with her, talking with her and quests related to her became the most impactful driving force for me in Night City. I won't go into detailed description as to why, I developed a bit of a habit for endless walls of text when it comes to Judy and romance in general. So I'll try just sum up what my experience amounted to in the end regarding this character.

I can honestly say that Judy has redefined for me many of my deep rooted views on beauty and truth that I held all my life, It was humbling and unexpected and I feel thankful and better for it. I wasn't prepared for it so the emotional shock resulting in the mix of unprecedented joy and endless unfulfilled desire seen as the romance ends at its start left me without eating food for 2 days and not feeling hungry at all. So maybe am not the typical case to draw parallels to. You let me know. But I didn't go tru anything similar all my life even after break ups. In the end I found myself with all of you here campaigning for more time with our characters, something I've never done before even after hundreds of games behind me.

Am happy to see that so many connected with Panam in a similar way, It goes to show how different we are and find value in other personality types to varying degrees. I adore Panam, and I can understand all of you that fell in love with her. Your investment like mine hopefully wont go without rewards in future.

I am sorry for being unable to draw comparisons as that seems to be the point of this thread, and that is due to personal reasons, as I feel dissecting Judy or Panam along traits and boxing them in on a list feels a bit cold. And they both hold intimate connections to all of us here and it would lose bit of that magic we felt while getting to know them. I wouldn't want you sometimes to be able to describe what you feel for them too, so I keep the words to myself. Things that are too hard to put into words shouldn't be attempted to be put into words in this case.
But again, follow your passion where you know you must, and in a way you feel you must!

Apologies if I made the post too personal and out of thread subject, the mods will deal with me if I did.
Love you all!

beautifully written.

Last edited:
For me my female V was with Judy. When im with Johnny on rooftop we decide how Its gonna end i choose nomad Johnny told me some of Them gonna die. So i changed my mind then a fourth option appear. I was like "i Will probably solve it all by myself" the results is not what i expected. On the crédit roll i Received call from people. Judy in the bed like a foetus crying. Her makeup on her cheek. And i was like "no... No... No no what the hell i ve done" and then Panam my BFF in my Play called angry yell at me she is mad and pissed ok .. Let's Pick a happy ending. Ending with nomads cooking breakfast for Judy .

Now doing with mâle V and im not done yet. But i could tell Judy is emo and Panam is a strong woman both different but still have something in common.

THEY BOTH HAVE PROBLEM SHARING THEIR FEELINGS AND HEARTH!!

And about "following the Rivers" heck no the Guy with a pimp coat and His robot eye. He look like a date raper. Im shivering

Judy is better, too bad male V cannot romance her.

About Panam, at first I can tolerate her, but then I start to dislike her because of 3 scenes
1) When she try to stop Mitch from rescuing trapped Aldecaldos
2) When she curse me in suicide ending
3) When she swear to kill Johnny in temperance ending

No, it's not that I don't understand her feeling and why she act like that, I simply dislike that kind of attitude.

I've completed the game, and with as little spoilers as possible, I say:

Panam has a tonne more general content than Judy and the game makes it clear that Panam is the canon romance.

I married a latina IRL who argues about everything. Panam is hot and cool af but if you married her, she'd make your life a living hell... She's ride or die at the beginning but post marriage you'd basically be Saul.

Judy is sweet and sincere. Nuff said...

I like Judy a lot but I love Panam, she is that ride or die chick that I love. She'll ride straight into hell with you and look damn fine doing it.

I like Judy a lot but I love Panam, she is that ride or die chick that I love. She'll ride straight into hell with you and look damn fine doing it.

Panam CAN do that because she has a clan for disposal( don't mean to insult, but it is fact, and many of them sacrifice ), and because dev only make her available to help.

If Judy has backup, I bet she will do the same.

Panam CAN do that because she has a clan for disposal( don't mean to insult, but it is fact, and many of them sacrifice ), and because dev only make her available to help.

If Judy has backup, I bet she will do the same.
Yeah fair enough, I think it would've been cool if the other love interests could help too.

I am in camp Judy.

That said I was talking with a friend about them and he commented that Panam was scripted much more like a PC. She makes plans and is a very active character always pushing forward with some thing (usually for her Clan). Which is why her absence from the tent makes sense, she isn't a homebody she is a lead from the front type. Which also I think defines her relationship with V, she likes V because he sacrifices for her and supports her goals, he is a powerful ally she can have to further her goals for the clan.

Judy is more of the usual NPC romance type, she has plans sure, but largely you are expected to carry them out and she doesn't really care how you carry them out. Post romance she is more "normal", that is she is at work doing her job or at home working on her hobbies. The important thing is that she is waiting for V, waiting so the 2 of them can leave NC and start a new life together and be happy.

All that said I think Female Nomad V gives the best story option outcomes (if you can manage it).

Top Bottom