(Spoilers) Question about Meredith

+
Hello there guys. Maybe someone can help me out because I encountered something really weird with The Pickup mission.

Spoilers ahead.
I've looked through several guides afterwards, and every single one states that you meet Meredith at the end of that mission, when exiting the warehouse if the following happened.
- paid with the chip, while not decrypted
- kill Royce (gives a unique gun)
- fight through maelstrom gang

I did all of these things, I never even knew there was something on the chip so when the maelstrommers turned hostile I took Royce down when he turned his back, this counts as a kill right?
Then I had to fight my way through the place while killing many maelstromers. However when I got out Gilchrist meeted me, stating Meredith was already disposed off.
I'm lost... Are the guides wrong about this mission or is something very odd happening in my game?

If someone can explain it'd much appreciated.

Honestly, sounds like a bug. If you kill Royce after having met with Meredith she should be the one showing up -- not Gilchrist.

Stout prevails in two scenarios provided that you meet with her first:
  1. Shoot Royce during the deal (this works even if you rejected Meredith's credit chip).
  2. Buy the Flathead with the infected chip.

Yeah if you are on corpo, you have to let Jackie provoke the Maelstrom gang right at the start and start shooting and kill Royce in a boss battle at the end of the mission. You can't take out Royce in the dialogue at the start or Merideth get's disposed off.

Yeah if you are on corpo, you have to let Jackie provoke the Maelstrom gang right at the start and start shooting and kill Royce in a boss battle at the end of the mission. You can't take out Royce in the dialogue at the start or Merideth get's disposed off.

thats strange because usually i take the chip, decode it (to get a daemon), shoot Royce, fight through the All Foods, exit and Meredith is there with her boys...

did not try
thats strange because usually i take the chip, decode it (to get a daemon), shoot Royce, fight through the All Foods, exit and Meredith is there with her boys...

OK I know I had the problem that the op cited when I did the body check on Royce in that early quest dialogue - I never tried just shooting him, it worked for me that M was alive as I said if I let Jackie provoke the fight at start. Otherwise I know in 1.04 if I used all corpo dialogue option when meeting Meridith and then knocking Royce out with the body check early M would be disposed off as op mentioned.

One thing that changed Meredith living/dying for me (I redid the quest when I got Gilchrist) was finding the info on the mole - I think it's in a message on one of the computers. Once I got that, Meredith was there at the end. Without it, I got Gilchrist. Both of those were without giving up the credit chip (that I had scanned).

Well if this is indeed a bug its the first major one I encountered.

To elaborate a little more, I'm a Nomad and I also found info on a mole somewhere plus I used some of the Nomad speech checks when meeting Meredith. Took the credchip but as I said never decoded it (didnt even know nor realise)

Then at the warehouse I went in quietly up until the meeting with Royce, when I paid with the chip all went hostile and I used the "Take out Royce" prompt (the non shooting one)
I have to assume its also a kill because I did get his gun, Chaos.

But at the end Gilchrist.... Strange...
Well it'll have to remain as is for now. I had no saves (auto or manual) that go to before the meeting with Dum Dum.

Another playthrough another try then I guess.

Top Bottom