-Spoilers- Saving the North?

+
-Spoilers- Saving the North?

Just wondering what decisions I would have to make to save the North, I killed Radovid and saved Roche when Djkstra betrayed him, ended up having Nilfgaard win the war conquering the North, though not all of it apparently, because Triss and Geralt went off to serve the king Kovir. Temeria became a client state.

So basically is there an ending where I can have a fully independent Temeria, or push Nilfgaard back to original borders.

I hope there is an option because it is hard to decide if I would rather have Redania or Nilfgaard dominating the North.

Also what happened to the Pontar Valley? Suppose it was destroyed.

Radovid or D has to be the one who rules Redania.

Roache has Nilfgaard sympathies and doesn't care about any nation but Temeria. He's also not very skilled at politics.

In short, you have to go out of your way to RUIN the North's chances by putting Roache in charge.

Last edited:
There's no ending for an independent Temeria. You've got to choose.

Let Radovid alive: He wins the war but butchers thousands and does not recognize the previous borders but instead conquers all the North under his banner.

Walk away and let Roche, Thaler and Ves die at Dijkstra's hand, which in turns leads to Dijsktra defeating Nilfgaard...though how I have no fucking clue.

In either case Temeria does not become free again.

Final option is kill Radovid and then kill Dijkstra when he tries to kill Roche.

Let Radovid alive: He wins the war but butchers thousands and does not recognize the previous borders but instead conquers all the North under his banner.

Walk away and let Roche, Thaler and Ves die at Dijkstra's hand, which in turns leads to Dijsktra defeating Nilfgaard...though how I have no fucking clue.

Final option is kill Radovid and then kill Dijkstra when he tries to kill Roche.

Well, Temeria has been ravaged by the Order of the Flaming Rose, a Civil War, and whatever disorder happened after Foltest's death. A happy ending was never going to happen.

As for defeating Nilfgaard, Dikstra is able to take over Redania easily because he's its former Regent. Everyone WANTS him to be King.

And Nilfgaard was losing anyway.

Damn, tough choice.

You have to betway Roche and the others when D kills them or not take part in the assassination at all. I personally wanted a Nilfgaardian victory so I saved Roche.

I like Dijkstra, and I think he would be a capable governor. But honestly, he has no ties to royalty, and keep in mind what setting the Witcher world is in. Royal blood is important, heritage rules. How the f** kings would accept his rule? It makes no sense. If he ruled the free city of Novigrad, I'd understand.

It's bad writing in general, honestly.

Top Bottom