[SPOILERS] Suggestion: DLC exploring the Life of post-W3 Geralt with Yennefer or Triss

+

[SPOILERS] Suggestion: DLC exploring the Life of post-W3 Geralt with Yennefer or Triss

• YES! WE WANT MOAR

Votes: 147 90.7%
  • Meh. I had enough with Sorceresses

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I'm a Witcher, so Neutral. I'd go with the most votes

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters

WARNING, following Suggestion contains spoiler to the game's ending. If you had not completed the game, I'd suggest you stop reading & come back afterward

~~~ 500 VOTES AND STILL GOING STRONG ~~~
THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT. KEEP CALM, VOTE, AND DISCUSS. YOUR VOTES AND OPINION MATTERS!

Public Polls (opens to guest as well. Be sure to vote!)

Poll Created by: Me
Final Milestone:
AS MANY AS WE CAN TILL CDPR BRING US THE GOOD NEWS

3rd Milestone: 500 Votes - COMPLETED (16/6/2015)
2nd Milestone: 300 Votes - COMPLETED (15/6/2015)
1st Milestone: 100 Votes - COMPLETED (15/6/2015)

It took 40 hours to reach 500 votes.
That's an average of 1 vote for every 4.8 minutes!

2). Author: @09talamonteo
Original Source: Witcher 3 Immersion Destroyer (Post-game emptiness)
General Poll
Detailed Poll

Auxiliary Notice​

*UPDATE* 15th June 2015
*NEW* 2nd Milestone achived in < 20 hours. Gracias!
Wow, Public Pole managed to achieved the 1st 100 votes in < 12 hours. I'm Impressed. Thank you for the Support!

*UPDATE* 14th June 2015
Someone suggested to me to create an online petition, where even non forumers can sign up! Will see and work on that in days to come.

*UPDATE* 13th June 2015
I'm serious, and so does other voters who agreed with the idea. I shall update the thread from time to time, with decent formatting to make it more presentable and readable. I'm optimistic that CDPR are listening to our voices out there as long as it adds value to them, and they will make our dream come true :)

I will try to keep it short and precise to save precious viewing time.

Change log (to be updated)
DD/MM/YY

13/06/15
- Linked similar threads under the 'Other train of thought' Section
- Simple Table of Content & segregation of sections

Table of Content
(In case the post gets messy, use CTRL + F & search for the keywords)

Forewords
The General Idea
.....■
Possible Ideas
Other notes
Conclusion

Misc:
Other Train of thoughts

Lazy to read? Reading can kill you? Jump to the conclusion Section.

.|| Forewords ||.

Dear CDPR,
First and foremost thank you for releasing one of the best (if not, the best) open world RPG I've played for a long time. Overall after my first play-through, the ending was satisfactory. All the story and suspense being build up (albeit it dropped during Act 3) was a thriller.

The game itself has some standout some magical moments as well. For example
Quests where we get to see from Ciri POV
The Wolven Storm Song - Performed by Priscilla when we tried to rescue Dandelion
'The Last Wish' Romance mission - The most cheesiest moment that is guaranteed to melt anyone
'No place like home' mission - The drunken moment when you decide to call in the lodge of sorceress for some 'fun'. Summon the b*tches!

and the list goes on and on

However, I believe there are rooms for you to tackle the lackluster epilogue that is plaguing the game because after the game, we are basically left puzzled and are literally walking in an empty world because we can't interact with other main characters. To keep this thread from being redundant, I'd like to zoom more in terms of romance context.

IMO, I believe the superb storyline was significantly attributable to the success of W3. Sure, we have stories about Ciri, the Wild hunt and white frost but the main highlight of it all was the romance between 'Yennefer' or 'Triss' and it remains debatable (brunette or redhead, or both if you're greedy) about whom you should settle down with.

I believe the ending of the Trilogy in terms of romance content/interaction is lacking the oomph, and it's not right to end the trilogy in this fashion.

Why? This might be the last time we get to see these both ladies, so they deserve a proper farewell.

Now let's get this over with.

.|| The General Idea ||.

In the Epilogue, there were few short lores that comes in a form of narration mentioning the life of Geralt with her lovers (depending on whom you choose). I understand the event would only take place after quite a while (i.e. due to my in-game decisions, Geralt parted ways with Ciri once she became the famous ashen-haired witcheress)

So there's narration about the Life of Geralt and Yennefer, Geralt and Triss or Geralt becoming a lonewolf.

If you settled down with Yennefer - I believe this is the happily ever after ending. They've both wanted this more than anyone - Just talking, walking & laying in bed till afternoon ehem. Sounds boring but pretty sure they had their own fun

If you settled down with Triss - they both end up in Kovir, living a luxury life. Triss is the advisor to King of Kovir, while Geralt occasionally takes Witcher contract out of habit rather than need.

After the ending, I was hoping to be able to visit Yennefer or Triss to see any possible chat options, but unfortunately you can't. I was distraught by this discovery :(

This is where the post-game content lacks in and it is an obvious inconsistency. The world may have been restored to the condition just before the final battle, but it shouldn't limit the interaction with other Main NPCs

The keyword here is 'narration'. When there is narration (but no glimpse into the actual storyline), I'm quite optimistic there might be a possibility of CDPR revisiting this area and transform the narration into a DLC gameplay. Maybe slot it out in an upcoming expansion pack? More explanation below. It doesn't have to be long and big.

Post-game content shouldn't be a direct continuation of Geralt's story (since CDPR have made up their mind about Geralt's Adventure coming to an end). I like to highlight a partial quote by one of our forumers (full version available below):
I don't think it's as much about continuing Geralt's story, but about enjoying the fruits of your hard work, so to speak. In a game that is clearly aimed towards replaybility and content that takes place post-ending...

Summary:
Post-game content shouldn't be a direct continuation of Geralt's story, but aimed towards the Re-playability of the game as well as being able to reap our hardworks (consequences of our action).

The end-game narration is weak and just gives you a general idea, but it opens an opportunity for CDPR.

Whether this area where TW3 lacked is intentional or not, CDPR could exploit this area in future expansion or DLC.
This idea behind this thread is to focus on the content of romance in Witcher 3 to beef up the lackluster epilogue and tie up any loose ends.

.:: Possible Ideas ::.

The goal:
End-game Romance Narration/Inconsistency --> to be continued & explore in DLC Content (Side quest/Interaction/Dialogue opportunity)
*To shed some light behind the romance of Geralt with Yennefer/Triss as well as Geralt's interaction with Yennefer/Triss after being dumped

What to expect from the upcoming DLC (Source: IGN)
Originally Posted by http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/29/ending-the-witcher-3-with-a-bang-ign-first

Geralt's final adventure may not be the end of the series.

By Mitch DyerThe Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is the final Witcher game with Geralt of Rivia at center stage, and CDProjekt Red Senior Writer Jakub Szamałek told IGN, “we felt that we owed Geralt a proper goodbye, and decided to part ways with a boom.”

Szamałek continued, “I think good stories must have an ending. You cannot extend them indefinitely, and we felt that Geralt has had such an amazing adventure, and his saga is already so long and complex that this seemed like a good point to think about an appropriate finale for the story.”

Geralt “has reached the end of his journey,” but this doesn’t mean it’s the end of The Witcher universe in video games. “The Witcher universe is a very big place with a lot of NPCs, a lot of characters, a lot of places we haven’t shown yet,” Szamałek said. “So, we might return to it at some point…but we think that this is a good place to let Geralt enjoy his retirement and try something new."

It's possible we'll see characters such as Ciri -- the new heroine and Geralt's protege -- take the main role in the future, but CDProjekt Red isn't terribly forward about the future of the franchise. In speaking with the team, it really does seem like they're ready to let go for the time being.

“I think Wild Hunt is a game which allows him to really leave with a bang,” Szamałek concluded. Of course, he wouldn’t elaborate on what, exactly, the finale involved. He did, however, elaborate slightly. “I’d say that the endings in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt are a lot more varied than in the Witcher 2.”

As for the add-ons and expansions coming to The Witcher 3 following its release, Szamałek explained that "they’re within the story of the Witcher: Wild Hunt," running within the time frame, rather than after the ending.

I wasn't specific enough in terms of the actual time frame. We're talking literally within weeks of the aftermath of Ciri entering the tower and returning. The war has not been won, Triss hasn't traveled to Kovir, Ciri hasn't left for Empress or traveled the lands as a witcher yet.. Geralt hasn't seen the emperor about Ciri's condition... yet.

Directly after the main quest, no epilogue conclusions have come to pass... yet. We're talking the time in between finishing the main story and the epilogue.

A section of time, frozen for us to adventure endlessly and modify with redkit while maintaining some of the main characters presence in the world, officially placed by the developers.

In a nutshell (if you're too lazy to read the spoiler since it's lengthy):

• [*=left]Just after the main quest, epilogue doesn't happen instantaneously. There is a loophole of time between the main story & the epilogue.

[*=left]Future DLC could take place during this timeline if and only if the gap between the main quest & epilogue is treated as still within 'The wild hunt time frame'

[*=left]The narration that depicts our consequences of proclaiming our love to Triss or Yennefer happens only after a while.

[*=left]This creates an opportunity for CDPR to beef up the epilogue/fill in the missing loopholes. One area CDPR could look into is the romance content (addressing the limited interaction with Yennefer/Triss)

• [*=left]Since narration happens only after a while, we can still expect a bonus content where we might be able to see firsthand when Triss was just about to settle down in Kovir or while Yennefer is still living with Geralt at Kaer Morhen before both of them retire from worldly affairs.

Therefore, some of the possible ideas:
- Maybe we can explore at the beginning when they were just about to settle down and adapt to their new life? what about opening a possibility of being able to chat with them after finishing the game?

- Maybe we can even explore about what actually happened to them while living out the remaining days of their life.

- What about lonewolf Geralt? After being dumped (or we opted not to romance anyone) due to our option, there might be a second wind (chance) for Geralt to capture the heart of Yennefer or Triss by making up to them. But of course, it'll be on a contrary with what the narration said about lonewolf Geralt.

I'm sure we can figure something out.

Well, CDPR could also try to release an episodic content (similar to telltale games or Dontnod 'Life is Strange') instead of a whole new content. I believe few hours worth/short cinematic content with small interaction could do wonders to part with these two gorgeous ladies.

Also, I believe this is the opportunity for CDPR to introduce a Storage system in the house where Geralt lives with Yennefer or Triss.

The storage system is not needed during the early stages of the game, but the importance of it could not be ignore after post-game content.

=================================

.|| Other Notes ||.

Although I confessed my love for Yennefer (<3), I do feel like Triss appearance in Witcher 3 was quite minimal. It does seem like the game was trying to push you to end up with Yennefer. However, if only Triss would have more involvement in the game it might change my mind (and the other players as well). But well, I'm happy and contented with Yennefer right now.

PS: There's a link to a thread about Triss rant http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...and-the-inconsistency-of-our-romance-s-choice

I feel like the romance between Triss and Yennefer is one of the most engaging & emotional content of the game. Sure, you can shag a few ladies or so but in the end, it ultimately boils down to two hottest female to grace the video game world; Triss or Yennefer?

I dare to say, even by flipping coins you'd still have a hard time deciding between the two (unless you already made up your mind before you play the game). If compared to other games e.g. Dragon Age or Mass Effect, you have too many romance options. When you are presented with too many love interest, the spark is not there. In this department, this is where Witcher 3 shines.

I'm sure i'm not the only fan with hopes of being able to explore more about the life of Geralt of Rivia with his lovers and the consequences of his decision to proclaim love (if you opted to romance them) after the events of Witcher 3 albeit for a short while. Treat is an extended cut. If it's too much to ask, at least open a possible interaction with his lovers. Just a few hours content would suffice. I wouldn't mind paying for the DLC!

IMO, the trilogy should have ended on a higher and better note. It doesn't feel right.

What do you think fellow readers? Share your thoughts!

.|| Conclusion ||.

TLDR: CDPR should release a short DLC about the post-W3 life of Geralt with his lovers (or the lonewolf Geralt) after the game's ending, opening a possibility of exploring their life after the events of W3 for a short while.

Other alternative if CDPR refused to look into post-game timeline is to look at the 'empty' timeline just after the final battle and the pre-epilogue.

It doesn't have to be a major or direct post-content meant to continue Geralt's adventure, but the post-content should have a tie-in to the game's storyline to address the epilogue vagueness or fill in the missing gaps. In fact, we can even treat it as a non post-game content but as an enhancement to the game current storyline/tie up loose ends in the epilogue.

The main point:

1. Either CDPR introduce some short quest with Yennefer & Triss to fill in missing the missing storyline just after the ending (after wild hunt battle) and pre-epilogue (to tie up loose ends). If we messed up our relationship, we "might" get a 'second chance' to woo Yen/Triss.

OR

2. Bring back Yennefer and Triss into the empty post-world game. At least we can have a dialogue or two with them.

Or both #1 & #2 to make everyone happy :)

.|| Other train of thoughts ||.​

Topics with similar idea:
1). General Thoughts on Ending & Epilogue
2). End-game state - Currently the hottest debated topic with RED Staff response. Don't forget to vote as well!
3). Why the main narrative in the last third of the game is a bad hot mess [major spoilers!!!]
4). Triss Content & Inconsistency of Romance Choices - Rant
5). Petition to have Triss in upcoming expansion pack - Include Yen as well please :)

As someone has mentioned before the problem is not the post-game, but it is before post-game and epilogue movie. CDPR could show us a bit more, or let us interact with the main characters. Do some side-quests before we get the movie.

Quest with Triss/Yen, where they will prepare for their new life. Quest with Ciri, where we could interact with her in different ways (depends on the ending you got). The ending is just unfinished and there should be more. Undeserved for the Saga, and the player who only knows The Witcher 3 won't understand the problem, but the real fans who has read the books feel bad about the ending, just as I do.

Also, I don't like the post-game. It puts us in the pre-ending world state, and that's dissappointing. We want to live the Geralt's life after the ending in the real world's state, after these grand events that took place in the world. But instead we just go back, and it feels like nothing happened. So why'd we continue playing? Not even interesting.

Maybe it could have a place tying into to an expansion pack; if said expansion pack takes place during the W3, it could appear at the end of that to shed a little more light on their situation, almost like a cameo, but with a few missions to make it more solid, I agree, but I wouldn't want it as a primary focus of an expansion pack.

I don't think it's as much about continuing Geralt's story, but about enjoying the fruits of your hard work, so to speak. In a game that is clearly aimed towards replaybility and content that takes place post-ending, I wouldn't call it a unnecessary continuation of Geralt's story to flash out the post game scenario more thoroughly. I mean, sure, Geralt's story is at an end, but that doesn't mean he does not continue to be a Witcher, and having him experience new adventures with Triss/Yen and/or Ciri wouldn't me get's plunged into a new, epic story arc.

In short: If CDPR is really committed to keep the game alive and interesting after the credits rolled, then more content involving main characters would be VERY welcome!

My suggestions for content like that:
- The option to do post game Witcher contracts with Ciri's help, if your world state does allow for that.
- A new cone in Kovir, including Triss' house and maybe some quest involving he position at the court.
- Yen living with Geralt in Kaer Morhen, and maybe a quest involving her.

EDIT: I am aware that modders can (and probably will) make stuff like that happen, but it would be a whole lot better with CDPR's production values (ie. voice acting).

In my opinion they should abolish the post-main-narrative free roaming altogether. It's just an unimmersive, pointless and unnecessary thing. Post-credits gameplay is incredibly gamey. And after all, you could have made everything before the end. So why the need to come back? TW3 is a story-driven game that should have a clear beginning and end.

Improve the main story and the enhance the visibility and feel of consequences and I'm happy.

I was very surprised at how they handled post game play. I was expecting the expansions to make most sense after the story.
Assume they are committed to the expansions because they are announced and people have paid for them.
Still think they need to address fixes to the main game. I very much want improved interactions with core characters and a beefed up epilogue wouldn't go amiss.

I hope we all realize that this endgame depression stems from an epilouge that really doesn't satisfy you. What we really are asking for here is a bit more of these characters. A little bit more. Why?? Because they were not given the closure in a satisfactory manner. Now I can understand Ciri's epilouge being quick as she is very likely to be a main character next time around but really Geralt's story is also wrapped up in a similar manner. That is like telling Gondor kneeled before the hobbits and then Frodo said goodbye to his buddies and went to the undying lands in the same slideshow way. How good would that be???

Please CDPR, all of this postgame depression can be easily given an end to if you can give us a few cutscenes like Geralt moving into a new home with Yen and a bit of dialouge or Triss going to Kovir with Geralt or something like that. A cutscene closure to some characters would be the best thing.

That way we would not be asking for more because we know what happened to these people because we saw it happen. For example, I would have no idea what happened to Triss if I had not watched a video because my Geralt ends up with Yen and in that scenario the player is never told what happens to her.

So, a more fleshed out epilouge (which isn't a slideshow) is the best way to go. I also wouldn't mind if it is bundled with the upcoming paid expansion or something. That said, this is one of the best games out there which could benefit from a better closure.

Attachments

• text divider 3.png
    text divider 3.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 202
  • public-poll.png
    public-poll.png
    80.2 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Personally I don't think so, Geralts story is pretty much done now and any post Witcher 3 content exploring his 'Romance' choices assuming you even had one won't yield a great amount of content to keep you immersed for long imo. I think I read somewhere they were planning to centre one around Ciri or another Witcher entirely around the same time the Witcher 3 is taking place. To give a different perspective on the same story I guess.

Personally I don't think so, Geralts story is pretty much done now and any post Witcher 3 content exploring his 'Romance' choices assuming you even had one won't yield a great amount of content to keep you immersed for long imo. I think I read somewhere they were planning to centre one around Ciri or another Witcher entirely around the same time the Witcher 3 is taking place. To give a different perspective on the same story I guess.

I see your point. Yeah, it won't have a long content because story of Geralt is at the end.
However, it'd be great if they could at least shed just a lil bit more light about Geralt's life with his lover (based on our choice), maybe by slotting it together with any future expansion.

Thanks for the information as well mate :)

I see your point. Yeah, it won't have a long content because story of Geralt is at the end.
However, it'd be great if they could at least shed just a lil bit more light about Geralt's life with his lover (based on our choice), maybe by slotting it together with any future expansion.

Maybe it could have a place tying into to an expansion pack; if said expansion pack takes place during the W3, it could appear at the end of that to shed a little more light on their situation, almost like a cameo, but with a few missions to make it more solid, I agree, but I wouldn't want it as a primary focus of an expansion pack.

I don't think it's as much about continuing Geralt's story, but about enjoying the fruits of your hard work, so to speak. In a game that is clearly aimed towards replaybility and content that takes place post-ending, I wouldn't call it a unnecessary continuation of Geralt's story to flash out the post game scenario more thoroughly. I mean, sure, Geralt's story is at an end, but that doesn't mean he does not continue to be a Witcher, and having him experience new adventures with Triss/Yen and/or Ciri wouldn't me get's plunged into a new, epic story arc.

In short: If CDPR is really committed to keep the game alive and interesting after the credits rolled, then more content involving main characters would be VERY welcome!

- The option to do post game Witcher contracts with Ciri's help, if your world state does allow for that.
- A new cone in Kovir, including Triss' house and maybe some quest involving he position at the court.

EDIT: I am aware that modders can (and probably will) make stuff like that happen, but it would be a whole lot better with CDPR's production values (ie. voice acting).

Last edited:

Ah, Mine was very general but you managed to put it into details. Yes i didn't mean to write as if we should continue Geralt's story (sorry if it does sound so). You put it out exactly in the words that I couldn't express. Thanks a bunch! I'll include your suggestion in the post as well :)

Agree with this, the story has finally ended. It's time finally settle down and make love to our woman of choice. XD

Here's what I posted to reddit:

So there's two expansions planned already. One releasing in October 2015, and another in early 2016. CDPR has said Witcher 3 will be supported all throughout 2016 so I believe there's time for at least one more expansion.

What I'd like to see is to see Geralt's life with Triss/Yennefer after the main story. I didn't feel being in a relationship with Yen did anything to the game really. Just let you have a second sex scene. The first two expansions already have their groundwork laid out so maybe it includes this maybe it doesn't.

What I'm imagining is it works like this:

The expansion starts out with Geralt enjoying his life with Triss in Kovir/Yen in some cottage in an a location that wasn't mentioned in the ending. It's a small zone that includes the home and a bit outside of it. You have your own home that you can upgrade like Skyrim. Storage chests, visual decorations and your man cave with all your gear and trophies. I'm not sure how it would work if your Geralt ended up alone. Maybe Kaer Morhen will be your home instead.

You're doing your thing enjoying your retired life and then the story happens. During the entire story (or at least most of it) you'll have Yen/Triss by your side going through the story with you trying to solve whatever the problem is. More exploration into their relationship after the main story. More pun jokes with Yen etc. If your Geralt ends up alone you go through the story alone or can do another NG+ playthrough(supposedly coming next week if the datamined information turns out to be true) and choose a partner then. If you got the bad ending, you'd have to replay the game and not get the bad ending to do the expansion.

To expand on this and stray from the thread topic, I would love to see some post-ending DLC come along to see what happenned to everyone. There are many characters whose fates are left ambiguous and not so ambiguous
i.e. does Priscilla get better? aftermath of Crach's death?
that I would like to follow up on. It'd be great to have a Kiera/Lambert DLC for instance. And definitely some better closure with several loose ends.
What happens to the Crone that escaped for those with Ciri alive in the epilogue? what happenned to Dijkstra's treasure?
And a non-spoiler question: what happens to the Aen Elle Wild Hunt? I remember reading somewhere that the Wild Hunt was mostly about acquiring slaves. Its hard to imagine the elves suddenly freeing their slaves.

Finally, getting back to Triss and Yennefer,
I never did like the Lonewolf setup. I like Bioware's approach a bit better, where an ultimatum is made from the LI's. Hard to believe Yennefer and especially Triss (as portrayed in the games) would suddenly drop Geralt like a sack of potatoes (hehe, though it would make more sense if you had been sleeping around with half the continent)
. It would be great to see those two come to terms with Geralt's choice post-ending. Actually any DLS where the two share scenes with would be awesome to see, as I cannot recall a single instance in game where the two actually interact as the friends they are supposed to be.

P.S. More Saskia!

My thoughts exactly! Couldn't have elaborated better myself. Sincerely hope CDPR reads this and consider implementing it. I'd gladly pay should this got implemented in the form of DLC :)

i whole heartedly agree with @Scholdarr.452 the game is over, no more story arcs remain, i really dislike these GTA like you can keep playing after the game has ended, if the game has ended let it truely end and force people to either load earlier saves or restart the game i honestly dont get that "game feature" the game should have ended finally and unequivocally with the epilogue (granted we all have a bone to pick with the epilogue but that is another issue).

they should focus on making the game better, add content for before credits part of the game, enhance the game (not post game) , fix the parts that needs to be fixed.

i whole heartedly agree with @Scholdarr.452 the game is over, no more story arcs remain, i really dislike these GTA like you can keep playing after the game has ended, if the game has ended let it truely end and force people to either load earlier saves or restart the game i honestly dont get that "game feature" the game should have ended finally and unequivocally with the epilogue (granted we all have a bone to pick with the epilogue but that is another issue).

they should focus on making the game better, add content for before credits part of the game, enhance the game (not post game) , fix the parts that needs to be fixed.

Frankly, then the game should have been designed differently... the way it is right now, it's neither here nor there. The world is too huge and the side quests to numerous to do it all before the end ,and still get any challenge out of the main story. If you do the side stuff after, however, you got a world totally disconnected from what it was pre-ending.

Frankly, then the game should have been designed differently... the way it is right now, it's neither here nor there. The world is too huge and the side quests to numerous to do it all before the end ,and still get any challenge out of the main story. If you do the side stuff after, however, you got a world totally disconnected from what it was pre-ending.

that is exactly what i think, cdpr went way too far the GTA way of world, imo its a mistake that hurts the game, W3 should have ended in the fashion that W1/2 have, credits roll end of story, end of game, if you didnt finish something tough luck youll have to start over or load an earlier save to do it.
as to your other point, ive seen quite a few people saying that the game should be played on 1 of the highest difficulties and i have to agree with them.

Apparently, the Public Poll have more voters & more spotlight than the forum voters. Thanks for voting!

And surprisingly enough, I have just uploaded the public poll for less than 10 hours, and we already achieved 51% (as of this post) of the 1st milestone! (100 Votes)

To make it sweeter, the votes are all YES so far. Come on guys, keep it up! Just one click and voila you're done.
Be sure to Share the links with your friends/colleagues :)

I definitely would like to see Geralt's life with sorceress of his choice (Yen/Triss) post-ending. The way I picture it would be Geralt doing what he does best - doing monster contracts and he can have Yen/Triss tag along as companion. The monster contracts can be randomly generated from the existing contracts but scaled to character levels...

I definitely would like to see Geralt's life with sorceress of his choice (Yen/Triss) post-ending. The way I picture it would be Geralt doing what he does best - doing monster contracts and he can have Yen/Triss tag along as companion. The monster contracts can be randomly generated from the existing contracts but scaled to character levels...

That might be hard - CDPR are yet to announce whether they will change their mind about post-game content - but they might consider using the timeline starting from the last saved game just before the final fight.

In other words, they might consider strengthening the epilogue rather than focusing on content after the epilogue. Anything can happen though, feedbacks from the poll looks good too

There is no way they could do this as a "short DLC." Were they to do something like this it would be a major financial undertaking and time commitment. All of their 16 free DLCs were planned out, I would guess, at least 6 months in advance.

It would be great to have some more content. But they certainly don't owe anything to the fans after already releasing such a long and involved game.

To me Reds have simply brought themselves unnecessary criticism when they caved in to the demands of those who wanted to keep playing. Let's be realistic people, in a game of this size you cannot implement world changing consequences( like the victory of Nilfgaard) across the entire game, it would be almost like creating entirely new one...simply too much work for optional content.
It would be far better to have a full quest expansion, that more fully develops relationships with existing characters or brings back missing ones( Iorveth, Saskia etc).

Wow, I can't believe it. When I woke up, there's almost 300 votes!
Poll: http://strawpoll.me/4627467/

Keep it coming guys :)

To me Reds have simply brought themselves unnecessary criticism when they caved in to the demands of those who wanted to keep playing. Let's be realistic people, in a game of this size you cannot implement world changing consequences( like the victory of Nilfgaard) across the entire game, it would be almost like creating entirely new one...simply too much work for optional content.
It would be far better to have a full quest expansion, that more fully develops relationships with existing characters or brings back missing ones( Iorveth, Saskia etc).

That would require even a huge resource. If CDPR believed in their fans & its marketable, why not?.

My point in this thread is simple if no one reads the long text:

1). Either CDPR introduce some short quest with Yennefer & Triss to fill in missing the missing storyline just after the final mission and pre-epilogue. (AKA. The current world we reside in after the fight against wild hunt) . If you were dumped, there might be a 2nd chance to romance them.
2). Bring back Yen and Triss into the empty post-world game. At least we can chat or two with them.

Most people are frustrated because of 2). After all that hardwork, most of the main characters are gone.

Top Bottom