[SPOILERS] Suggestion: DLC exploring the Life of post-W3 Geralt with Yennefer or Triss

+

[SPOILERS] Suggestion: DLC exploring the Life of post-W3 Geralt with Yennefer or Triss

• YES! WE WANT MOAR

Votes: 147 90.7%
  • Meh. I had enough with Sorceresses

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I'm a Witcher, so Neutral. I'd go with the most votes

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters
I don't know how I missed this ........

Voted no being a fan of the Witcher series if cdpr were to make an expansion that takes the time and money for end game I would rather see something that closes as many of the story lines across the series even if it wasn't Geralt maybe from Eskels point of view . There are holes with the war , eternal fire , the lodge and so on . Another romance would be a waste there is so much more to work with .

DLC what happens after the game? I'm sorry, but that's terrible idea.
End game needs work and viewing some choices you've made in game would be nice (like a normal cutscene maybe)
However, because of the circumstances, it will be boring - Geralt basically stops being a Witcher in a sense. That's the first point.

The second point is: a good story knows where to end and what to leave for player's/reader's/watcher's imagination.

And lastly, is this what the game is about? Is this really what people care most about? Romance simulator?
After a stellar Hearts of Stone, I would rather have another expansion like this (to make it three), than wasting effort on something, you don't know how many people would enjoy.

Create a simple cutscene showing some events that happened after your endgame and go on to making some worthwhile expansion - Dol Blathanna, Vyzima, Rivia or even something like HoS, expanding current map.That's my suggestion.

Why? There are plenty of RPG fans who have been around for many years. We live in the real world, we work, we're adults and not children. And people who work for game developers are also living in the real world, which means they need to eat, pay their mortgages, raise their own children. I respect them enough to want them to get paid, not starve in garrets just to please a ever-demanding fanbase.

I don't consider it either heartless or cynical to be concerned over whether or not CDPR is profitable. An unprofitable game developer either goes out of business or gets forced to allow others to make their creative decisions, such as publishers or investors who are only interested in fast profits. I don't want that to happen to CDPR.

And there's a big difference between "Being Profitable" and "In it for the money", so please don't mistake one for the other. Just treat them with respect.

I understand that but it is something I notice very often in gaming (and not literature for example). These talks :p

Was just pointing out that if money is what a developer wants, then an RPG is not what they should aim to make. Hence CDPR seems to be for something more than just money.

I myself would pay for an EE that fixes the other mistakes in the game... At this point I don't care about the post end world anymore.

Was just pointing out that if money is what a developer wants, then an RPG is not what they should aim to make.

Well, Bethesda may disagree with you there.

And of course they're for something more than just money. Nobody has said otherwise, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't make a profit. I'm sure you know the difference.

And this argument is moving from a discussion on a specific request to a rather esoteric cross-purpose discussion. You seem to be arguing against a point nobody has actually made, so maybe it's best to get back on topic soon.

Well, Bethesda may disagree with you there.

And of course they're for something more than just money. Nobody has said otherwise, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't make a profit. I'm sure you know the difference.

And this argument is moving from a discussion on a specific request to a rather esoteric cross-purpose discussion. You seem to be arguing against a point nobody has actually made, so maybe it's best to get back on topic soon.

TES and Fallout are the most popular rpgs... but comparing their popularity to GTA, CoD or any of the MP only games I listed still makes them look small. What is 20 million copies sold in comparison to 50 ? They are still tiny and ni he in comparison.
Yes I know it. They thankfully already made a profit.

Meh, fine.

First of all, I must commend cdprojektred for an awesome game. But I too felt a bit deflated when it was all over. I romanced Yen, and ideally I think the game should have ended with us in a cottage together, with a fast travel post outside so I could come and go and complete other quests/contracts, and then return to Yen as I please, with a few romance/dialogue options. And the same for those who romance Triss (instead of cottage, Kovir) With a fast travel post outside. Unless of course, you end up as single Geralt and then finding yourself solo at Kaer Morhen makes sense. I thought the game felt empty without them and I have no desire to keep playing and finish up the last quests. I think we should also be able to go to Vizima and see Ciri on the throne and at least have a few dialogue options with her. Also, I wish that instead of the Redanaian soldiers still occupying Novigrad it was Nilfgaardian soldiers (if you supported the empire.) A show of the war being over. At least so some of your decisions made a difference and you could enjoy the choices you made to shape the land. Just my two cents. Would love a DLC that added this stuff and would pay for it, as I think this would complete the game nicely, cheers.

I think a final shindig with potential romance component added on as an extra to blood and wine would be a much better use of resources.

That would be a realistic and fair compromise. I've never heard of any company, even Bioware, that has made a DLC or expansion pack which is focused solely on romantic content.

DLC After The Game

So i would love to see the life of geralt after our choices in the main game:
I would like to see the marriage of the women we choose if we did so.
also would like to just see the life of our geralt after the main game, and have a nice why to end his story.

:smiling2: :skepticalzoltan::facepalm2::grrr:

Last edited:
Top Bottom