**SPOILERS** "Takes Three To Tango" Quest. Not happy.

+
**SPOILERS** "Takes Three To Tango" Quest. Not happy.

This is the lamest ending to Romance i have ever experianced in a game. EA Bioware even did it better i can see CDPR was trying to be funny but it didnt work for me and ended up making the game leave a bad taste in my mouth. I wouldnt be so upset if you could go bad and denounce Yen but the Jin quest for me is about 60 hours behind me now so it feels like a slap to the face. You could at least warn your players that saying you love them both may lead to a unhappy ending for you as the game player. Everything elese in this game is amazing but this really jammed a big thorn in my side so to speak. Looks like im gonna have to do a new game which honestly i didnt want to do. You trolled me CDPR and it pissed me off i didnt get a laugh out of it.

I'll probably sound more offensive than I want, but there is something as humor (and common sense) in this world.

Although I agree that the romance (Morrigan) in DAO was really well done imho. :p

sv3672

Forum veteran
Of course, it is cheating, but on PC, you can:
use the debug console mod, and these commands if you actually meant to romance Triss:

removefact(q310_triss_yennefer_payback)
removefact(sq202_yen_girlfriend)
removefact(q208_yen_lover)
addfact(q309_triss_lover)
addfact(q309_triss_stayed)

Or these for Yennefer:

removefact(q309_triss_lover)
removefact(q309_triss_stayed)
addfact(sq202_yen_girlfriend)
addfact(q208_yen_lover)

You do not need the "q310_triss_yennefer_payback" command with a save before the It Takes Three to Tango quest, nor the addfact commands if you already romanced both.

And I do not think the game is very unfair about the romances, you are given enough warning before the choice to know that once you say to one of them that you love her, then you lock out the other.

Edit: by the way, for more ending choice cheats, check this post. It also includes a saved game just before The Isle of Mists.

Last edited:
I liked what they did, really. I got me surprised and, in the end, I was laughing about the hole thing. Don't take this the wrong way, please, but what did you expect? Triss and Yen are good friends and you want to keep them both? I don't think that would ever work out...

My advice is: don't take it to seriously! Keira is the best of them anyways so there's nothing to worry about :cheers4:

sv3672

Forum veteran
I liked what they did, really. I got me surprised and, in the end, I was laughing about the hole thing. Don't take this the wrong way, please, but what did you expect? Triss and Yen are good friends and you want to keep them both? I don't think that would ever work out...

At least there is one more reason now to replay the game. :) And of course the OP may still get the bad ending as well.

Ah we all know Geralt.
The good old Geralt.
This womanizer "loves" everyone around him as long as she`s female and wants to go to bed with them immediately because the white stallion needs as much mares as he can get.
Maybe he will settle down when he gets older....

I really like the different romance options and the psychologicial fine-tuned dialogue options which cause different relationship outcomes later in the game.
If he loves Yennefer and if he loves Triss (you can explicit choose this dialogue option for Triss and Yen and the problem is Yennefer and Triss hate each other), nobody should expect a Harem with some SM-Dungeon in the basement and all 3 living together in Triss or Yens house. :D
This might lead to endless cattiness coming from Triss`s side, and dominant barking and Alpha-Wolf behaviour from Yen`s side.

Well I must admit I would like that in the next DLC:
Geralt makes a wish for some proper Harem with Yen and Triss and hopes Gaunter O´dimm with his power and might is going to fullfill his wish, but similiar to Hearts of Stone O´dimm fullfills Gerals wish in a little sadistic way by completely removing Geralts libido as soon as his wish is granted. :D
And always when Triss is miaowing out of her bedroom "Geeeeralt ooooh Geralt come in and snuggle...." the only dialogue options avaiable are "not now - my head hurts." or "I am tired.
And Geralt constantly tries to brew some libido-enhancing Alchemy potions to get rid of his problem.

Well I must admit I would like that in the next DLC:
Geralt makes a wish for some proper Harem with Yen and Triss and hopes Gaunter O´dimm with his power and might is going to fullfill his wish, but similiar to Hearts of Stone O´dimm fullfills Gerals wish in a little sadistic way by completely removing Geralts libido as soon as his wish is granted. :D
And always when Triss is miaowing out of her bedroom "Geeeeralt ooooh Geralt come in and snuggle...." the only dialogue options avaiable are "not now - my head hurts." or "I am tired.
And Geralt constantly tries to brew some libido-enhancing Alchemy potions to get rid of his problem.
You're missing one little detail, which is named Keira Metz. It is pretty clear in my mind that Lambert is Keira's plan B and all she ever wanted was to share her bed with Geralt and Yennefer. She won't say no to Triss as well, because no one is able to after all.

Can't avoid ''It takes three to tango'' Quest.. but why?

Hey guys,

after unfortunaltey romancing both Triss and & Yen during the game, this Quest starts automatically. Thing is: Triss didn't stay at the harbour and afterwards Yen and Geralt enjoyed their time together in ''Last Wish'' where I told her that Geralt would still love her. So far so good one should mean, but i can't understand why I get forced into that ending-breaking stupid Quest. All four conversation options won't change the fact that I'll loose both which doesn't feel fair. Right, Geralts little Wolf got cocky on one or two occasions, but: the Triss romance failed in Novigrad when she left with the ship and why would Yen afterwards admit her love to Geralt and still end their relationship. Would be fair if she stayed, but she didn't. Or is this because i gave her the earring from Kaer Morhen?

Help... don't want to **** it up so badly after spending hours exploring the last inch of the world and trying different conversation options to always get a satisfying ending.

Greetings
EA

Do you recall roughly which version of the game you were on when you had the discussion with Triss on the docks? There was a bug in the very early versions of the game that meant the Triss romance would get locked in if you said "Stay with me" instead of "I love you". From what you're describing, that's what happened to you. But the bug was fixed months ago, so I'm surprised anyone is still experiencing it.

Hey Dragonbird,

hard to say, probably 4-5 months ago?

What I'm trying to do now is using the debug console with these commands right before starting the conference with Ciri:

... but they won't work. Afterwards still waking up with both of them teasing Geralt. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
EA

sv3672;n2130015 said:
Of course, it is cheating, but on PC, you can:
use the debug console mod, and these commands if you actually meant to romance Triss:

removefact(sq202_yen_girlfriend)
removefact(q208_yen_lover)
addfact(q309_triss_lover)
addfact(q309_triss_stayed)

Or these for Yennefer:

addfact(sq202_yen_girlfriend)
addfact(q208_yen_lover)

You do not need the "q310_triss_yennefer_payback" command with a save before the It Takes Three to Tango quest, nor the addfact commands if you already romanced both.

And I do not think the game is very unfair about the romances, you are given enough warning before the choice to know that once you say to one of them that you love her, then you lock out the other.

Edit: by the way, for more ending choice cheats, check this post. It also includes a saved game just before The Isle of Mists.

Thanks alot, buddy! You see, I had similar problem as OP, but not quite. I did not wanted to romance them both, I just wanted to keep good relations whith Yen after breaking up whith her and it seems like I`ve oversteped it at some point, so the game interpreted it as "the choice of both of them". I wasted alot of time going back to Kaer Morhen bettle, thinking it`s related, but it was not( So I finally fixed it! Thanks againg!

Btw, in game versions 1.24/1.30-1.31 you can do it whithout mod:
1. in folder ...\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\config\base find file general.ini
2. Open it whith notepad or wordpad text editor, put in DBGConsoleOn=true and save it
3. Press "~" and use console commands, 1 per line, otherwise did not worked.

I'm legit upset they lock you into this ending. I romanced Triss and didn't choose Yen, straight told her I wasn't interested but I guess I was too nice overall (turned her down at every opportunity). Went and did a load of sidequests before the end. 120hrs in and I progress to the end of the game and I get that quest. I don't know what I did wrong and I'm WAAAAAAY too far in to go back. Screw this ending.

Did you play The Last Wish quest and say "I still love you, too" at the end? That is the choice that makes the difference. If you want to undo that, you can use the console as explained above, but remove the fact sq202_yen_girlfriend instead of the other two.

Top Bottom