[Spoilers] Temperance ending blemish

+
In general I like the endings (that I've already played through) even though all of them are pretty grim. For me the cyberpsychos, Lizzy Wizzy, Brendan, Evelyn and the Christ guy, among others, were indications that things rarely end well in this universe. Still playing through the Arasaka ending first was a big gut punch but left more of an impression than many other games.

After that I needed a modicum of levity in my ending so I decided to let Johnny live out his days in my body; after all by the time you've reached that point neither of you has a soul/is 'fully human' anymore. This felt like a good send-off ... until the voicemails: Before the final mission he said he'd grown fond of Judy when I called her. In the epilogue he spends some time befriending a kid we haven't seen up to then. However, after that he leaves town without informing an old friend (Judy) of what happened, which to me feels like a really dick move on Silverhand's part. A different voicemail message by Judy would have fixed this, acknowledging what happened. Handling this in the epilogue would be even better.

Anyway, not quite sure how this corresponds to endings with other love interests, I just felt this detracted from the impact of this particular ending scenario.

Ok

What could he possibly say or do to these ppl to convince any of them that he Johnny didnt just "hyjack" V's body and that it was indeed V's decision to allow Johnny to have it ontop of basically just saying "hey V didnt give a toss about how you felt so they just left me to wander about"

Nothing he could say would convince them and even if he could do you really want him to? How would you feel if the person you really cared about, who you thought cared about you decided to basically give up and let someone else have there body, how would you feel knowing the person you cared about face, body, sound is still walking, talking but its not them?

Anything Johnny does will bring more pain and suffering worse than maybe just outright suicide because then they atleast know there gone

Johnny is an asshole who was suicidal because he got Alt killed.

Then he murdered 500,000 people by seriously underestimating the effects of a nuclear blast.

Now his OTHER best friend got himself or herself killed on his behalf.

Johnny is fucking devastated.

I view the Temperance ending as a blemish albeit for a different reason. Namely that its existence is born out of the writers wanting to validate it somehow, so they give a mysterious ailment to V in order to justify it. Who would ever give a functioning body to a ghost of Johnny Silverhand if there wasn't a catch?

He had something like, 2 or 3 chances? The third time he's basically demanding V to hand over the wheels so he can go punch Arasaka again. Damn guy, did you learn nothing from our talk at the oil field?

He could take control of the body at any time i believe after a certain point, but he doesn't, the times he does is either through V allowing him or him getting V somewhere safe to either recover or get help.

Sure he yells and screams for V to allow him his way an to do things his way but he doesn't force it on V IE assume control an just do it

I view the Temperance ending as a blemish albeit for a different reason. Namely that its existence is born out of the writers wanting to validate it somehow, so they give a mysterious ailment to V in order to justify it. Who would ever give a functioning body to a ghost of Johnny Silverhand if there wasn't a catch?

He had something like, 2 or 3 chances? The third time he's basically demanding V to hand over the wheels so he can go punch Arasaka again. Damn guy, did you learn nothing from our talk at the oil field?
I agree that they probably deliberately made V's situation worse in an attempt to make giving Johnny the body more appealing, but I just don't get it. I truly don't understand anyone who likes that ending. Hell, I didn't even hate Johnny, liked him by the end there, and I still think letting Johnny have the body is a worse ending than the suicide one.

Anything Johnny does will bring more pain and suffering worse than maybe just outright suicide because then they atleast know there gone

That's a good point. Based on text messages you receive I think the LIs piece it together. I can imagine any conversation with Johnny would just go horribly.

Semi-related - I did a Nomad-Temperance ending. So Panam literally watched my body leave Mikoshi but she never even left me a voicemail at the end. Mitch did, and was apparently clueless.

Nomad-Temperance ending. So Panam literally watched my body leave Mikoshi but she never even left me a voicemail at the end.
Interesting: That, to me seems like it could add credence to the assumption by others that it was shoehorned in there to get a Johnny in V suit ending, seeing how it apparently has rough edges in some of the scenarios.
Post automatically merged:

I assume you had the Aldecaldo ending, where V is controlling V's body? I had the Rogue ending where Johnny was puppeteering V, there actual V punched me (Johnny) in the face 3 times to convince Johnny to take the body, which was the reason I gave it a shot in the first place, only to discover that unlike what I assumed, Johnny is still a dick
Post automatically merged:

letting Johnny have the body is a worse ending than the suicide one.
I think now that's a matter of perspective on who's controlling the body upon contacting Alt. I think If V is controlling it and Johnny is begging, I'm not sympathetic to that. However, if Johnny is in control and V is begging for him to take the body, other story.

Still, whether better or worse than suicide ... every ending is better than the Arasaka scenarios

Last edited:
Johnny never begs for the body an i've never seen V beg for him to take it either, no idea what you did tbh, may prove useful to try, but i've never had johnny want it even at only 25% his words are always we go ahead with the plan, that is as johnny and as V, and the plan is always V take there own body

Top Bottom