(SPOILERS) The curious case of Cyberpunk 2077 and CDPR

+
I would like to start by saying hello to you all...

It does not matter whether you love the game, whether you hate the game or you are just like me and many others disappointed in the final product we ended up getting...

I say hello to you all.

Since I had an interesting conversation with amazing people over at 'About the endings' thread, it made me realize how many outlooks/ideas/expectations etc. there were about this games story and the whole game in general.

And it made me think,

I would ask of you to write 3 things, doesn't matter if they are important or not, whether they are big or small...
What matters is that they matter to you.

3 things that you would like them to add/change or fix with the story, 3 things that you would like them to add/change or fix in regards to the gameplay and 3 things you like/love or think CDPR did a good job with.

I'll start with mine...

Things to change/fix and add (story);

- Limited interaction with important characters. Yes there are quest and there are txt messages but at a certain point they just disappear leaving you with an empty world. (either space those quest so you can't finish them early and be left wondering that happened to those NPCs until the final choice pops up or add at least a few more text/phone conversations)

- Despite them already telling us that CP2077 will be shorter I do feel the game ends abruptly, as if a whole quest is missing after meeting Hanako

- This one is more of a future content, but I do think that adding a prologue to the game for certain endings is a must. (despite me being okay with certain bleak outcomes and fully supporting CDPR in writing the story they want to tell I do think that they need to realize that they decided to tell that story on a platform based on player agency/choices RPGs)

Things to change/fix and add (gameplay);

- driving, more specifically the motorcycles. And it might surprise you, but despite the horrible handling my problem comes from animations/sound. It does not matter whether I'm in the middle of the city or in the badlands the sound stays the same and the bike feels like its flying like there is no friction (I play on ultra so I don't know if this is a bug or not)

- Character customization is horrendous. People really don't want to go around looking like clowns, add appearance tab/transmog

- Gunplay (I'm just gonna leave it at that, never was a fan of FPS gunplay in RPGs, shooting a guy in the head multiple times just takes me out of it but hey I can live with it)

Things that I liked;

- One of the best soundtracks I have heard in recent history (it really made me fall in love with the game, or at least that aspect of it...'Never fade away')

- The world as a whole. Despite its lack of options to interact with it they did manage to craft and interesting/beautiful world I just wish there was more

- Romances feel believable. And for a such a short time we had with these characters they as a whole felt believable. ( I only ask you not to change them to player sexual, that has to be one of the worst things that you could do CDPR. As to why I have this stance, read my post (single post) on this thread https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...g-mild-spoilers.11042813/page-7#post-12401735)

I could sit here till tomorrow and write all the things I like and hate but I won't,

So please guys write your gripes and your likes even if they have already been mentioned by others.

1. Expand on the ramifications of the Soulkiller device and what the implications are.
  2. Provide players an option for an outcome
    where Alt doesn't crush my soul and my balls by telling me I'm going to die in 6 months.
  3. If not 2, continue the story
    in a way that brings old and new characters back to Nightcity, let V engage further with their friends and romantic interests, and allow V a path to a more definitive, and less ominous outcome.
Also maybe move this to the story forum.

I would like to start by saying hello to you all...

It does not matter whether you love the game, whether you hate the game or you are just like me and many others disappointed in the final product we ended up getting...

I say hello to you all.

Since I had an interesting conversation with amazing people over at 'About the endings' thread, it made me realize how many outlooks/ideas/expectations etc. there were about this games story and the whole game in general.

And it made me think,

I would ask of you to write 3 things, doesn't matter if they are important or not, whether they are big or small...
What matters is that they matter to you.

3 things that you would like them to add/change or fix with the story, 3 things that you would like them to add/change or fix in regards to the gameplay and 3 things you like/love or think CDPR did a good job with.

I'll start with mine...

Things to change/fix and add (story);

- Limited interaction with important characters. Yes there are quest and there are txt messages but at a certain point they just disappear leaving you with an empty world. (either space those quest so you can't finish them early and be left wondering that happened to those NPCs until the final choice pops up or add at least a few more text/phone conversations)

- Despite them already telling us that CP2077 will be shorter I do feel the game ends abruptly, as if a whole quest is missing after meeting Hanako

- This one is more of a future content, but I do think that adding a prologue to the game for certain endings is a must. (despite me being okay with certain bleak outcomes and fully supporting CDPR in writing the story they want to tell I do think that they need to realize that they decided to tell that story on a platform based on player agency/choices RPGs)

Things to change/fix and add (gameplay);

- driving, more specifically the motorcycles. And it might surprise you, but despite the horrible handling my problem comes from animations/sound. It does not matter whether I'm in the middle of the city or in the badlands the sound stays the same and the bike feels like its flying like there is no friction (I play on ultra so I don't know if this is a bug or not)

- Character customization is horrendous. People really don't want to go around looking like clowns, add appearance tab/transmog

- Gunplay (I'm just gonna leave it at that, never was a fan of FPS gunplay in RPGs, shooting a guy in the head multiple times just takes me out of it but hey I can live with it)

Things that I liked;

- One of the best soundtracks I have heard in recent history (it really made me fall in love with the game, or at least that aspect of it...'Never fade away')

- The world as a whole. Despite its lack of options to interact with it they did manage to craft and interesting/beautiful world I just wish there was more

- Romances feel believable. And for a such a short time we had with these characters they as a whole felt believable. ( I only ask you not to change them to player sexual, that has to be one of the worst things that you could do CDPR. As to why I have this stance, read my post (single post) on this thread https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...g-mild-spoilers.11042813/page-7#post-12401735)

I could sit here till tomorrow and write all the things I like and hate but I won't,

So please guys write your gripes and your likes even if they have already been mentioned by others.

For me definetly the relationships are one important point, since in this game you could have lots of ways to interact with them(eat together, do jobs together, sex, etc.). But since you get back to the point of no return after you finish the last mission, that means your realtionship alongside the story doesn´t continue. In fact most endings ruin your relationships anyway, despite your investment in them. I would wish for an open world after the final mission, with proper endings, where you have your partner live with you(whoever you chose) so you can do all sorts of stuff with them.

Like I said we need proper endings for that. We have endings were we could build on of like the crystal palace or the nomad one, but there is the question is it still us living or the copy.

The setback to the point of no return is probably the biggest fail, because it doesn´t let you continue certain stuff mentioned. you could still do some jobs yes, but thats it.

Gameplaywise this game is really great and the customization isn´t that bad. You can have extraordinary looks or some more decent ones.

the cc is great, i love the customization, however i dont like how they handle genders. we should be able to choose our own. it shouldnt depend on genital's and voice? its weird. and there should be more pronouns other than he/she

i hope they made a cc editor for the mirror in the apartment, or hairstyles in the city later on

and being able to customize cars? like paint and such. i know its not a car game but still. some of the paint jobs on the cars we get are just nasty

As it has been said many times over the forums by me and many others:

1., An ending that offers closure and proper conclusion for my character. A New Game + where I am put back in the city after the ending and can explore and finish other quests without the sense of urgency. This would help the most with replayability for me. I have no intentions to play the game when I know the only way of progressing the story is to go through all that again.

2., Revisitng the pacing and involvement/interaction of love interests. Especially Kerry and River since both of them feel as an aftertought or definitely given less attention than the other two options.

3., Some more different type of activities in the city. Something that gives immersion and the ability to play as a nihilistic dying punk who is out to enjoy his last month for himself with all the unhealthy pleasures.

Appreciate all the answers.

I ended up sending a message to the moderator in regards to moving this thread over to the story forum.

To add to my list...

I started playing as a corpo V after finishin a nomad playthrough and I'm trying to 100% it.

And there is a bug or an oversight with the second Peralez mission. As a corpo you have an option to talk about the security firm they hired (corpo V outright states that he knows who they are) and yet later, the option to continue the conversation with them V asks who (the security firm) they are and acts as if he's hearing about them for the first time...

Some more different type of activities in the city. Something that gives immersion and the ability to play as a nihilistic dying punk who is out to enjoy his last month for himself with all the unhealthy pleasures.
This.
On V's place, I would go nuts like in "Knockin' on Heaven's Door"

Appreciate all the answers.

I ended up sending a message to the moderator in regards to moving this thread over to the story forum.

To add to my list...

I started playing as a corpo V after finishin a nomad playthrough and I'm trying to 100% it.

And there is a bug or an oversight with the second Peralez mission. As a corpo you have an option to talk about the security firm they hired (corpo V outright states that he knows who they are) and yet later, the option to continue the conversation with them V asks who (the security firm) they are and acts as if he's hearing about them for the first time...
I feel like oversights like these worth noting up somewhere and presented to CDPR, maybe report it as a bug for now. But it might worth starting a megathread with people collecting story holes. Like for example many people seem to have been able to kill woodman twice in different unrelated contexts.
Post automatically merged:

This.
On V's place, I would go nuts like in "Knockin' on Heaven's Door"
You bet, liver failure would take him sooner than the tumor.

Top Bottom