[SPOILERS] The lack of Witcher 2 decisions and content in The Witcher 3.

+
To be fair OP, the Sile 'consequences' are a joke. You come across her in a cell, and she's dead five minutes later. I was left shaking my head, why did CDPR even bother if the 'effort' was going to be so pathetic?

None of the choices from the previous games made any difference really. And Adda never even got a mention.

Last edited:
I finished the game last night and i have to say im a little bit disappointed about the import.
The savegame import didnt gave me extra gold or extra items..
I mean why not give the players of TW2 the vran-armor if they collected for example? Even with 2 armor sets and 2 sword sets people would have been happy, i would think "Hey, this was very hard to get, very nice CDPR that u give it 2 me in TW3 for the first 5 lvls!"
But there was nothing! Jeeesus christ i was kinda confused as i realize there were no items. I start my game 4 times to make sure it wasnt a bug.

What happened to Radovid, Henselt & co. is ok for me but why in 7 hells u didnt even mention IORWETH? in TW2 at the end someone said he would be the most wanted man in the northern realms. Why there is no quest where we can hunt him or help him to flee? Not even a quote!
Or Saskia? After the choice to spare her she could have maybe get a small cameo? Maybe she could have left the northern realms and search a refuge on skellige and we meet her on the hunt of a great beast where she will help us?
What happened to Cynthia? It would have been enough if you hear something about her in wyzima? Or maybe seeing her standing next to yen as one of her agents?
Why we didnt hear a "Thank you, Geralt for saving my sons life" coming out of Luisas La Valettes lips? (provided that the player did of course)
Why Ves is impersonal to us when we slept with her in TW2? Like she would have never fight with us. Like we never saved her life in loredos house. Like we never killed Henselt for murdering the blue stripe ppl.
And where the hell is Siegfried and his order? Not mentioned by Radovid or someone else although they were a military power!

I know in life sometimes people just disappear and u never hear something from them again but this is a game where the characters are so deep and unique...
We players want to know what happened to them? What consenquences have my decisions..
This way im just angry cuz there have been many characters ignored. :(

Last edited:
Going to pile in the CM statistic.

Please CDK address TW2 and TW1 characters like Iorverth, Saskia , Yarpen, Sheldon, Skalen , John Natalis, La Valette, Siegfried ...
You can make an expansion dedicated to these characters, I already bought the expansion pass , so hope to see then in Enhanced Edition or Exps.

I'd rather have expansions and DLC that focused on Witcher 2 content - rather than pointless new quests.

I want to be rewarded for all the hours I've spent playing the two other games in the series, rather than forgotten about. I'm so severely disappointed by the handling of this game.

I'd rather have expansions and DLC that focused on Witcher 2 content - rather than pointless new quests.

I want to be rewarded for all the hours I've spent playing the two other games in the series, rather than forgotten about. I'm so severely disappointed by the handling of this game.

I'm with you but we won't ever get expansions that focus on TW2 content
CDPR needs to pander to new players after all and many found TW2 too confusing

Do you want a new car too?

I wonder if it was just Saskia and Iorveth's VAs weren't available.

Iorveth's VA is there a lot... the sergeant from Bloody Baron who welcomes you at the Crow's Perch, for example. And I think I heard Saskia too, but I can't remember who she was voicing :-/

They did what they could.
The whole witch hunt was so central this time around it just had to happen.
Same with Roche to a point. Maybe they could have added a quest where you have to win back his trust.
Iorveth maybe they are saving him for an expansion.
Siegfried, he is by far my favorite character from W1. I imagine him leading a small faction of the Flaming Rose against the Eternal Fire. Or maybe Radovid signed his death warrant when he refused to comply and you have to help him hide or something.

We also don't have a real dragon in The Witcher 3, in TW2 if I remember correctly there was a scene where we had a choice to kill or spare the dragon, but the dragon did not make any cameo in TW3.

Really hate the fact that most of TW2 events have become literally non-existed.
Well, I guess making choices matter for an open-world game is not easy, but the inconsistencies is unforgiveable. I remember Letho saying that Yen has amnesia just like Geralt, but somehow she doesn't have one in TW3.
She does have an amnesia, she mentions it. But she also mentions she healed from it very quickly due to friends helping her with magic to get rid of the amnesia.
I am deeply dissapointed as well regarding to the 0 factor they took about the choices. I expected a lot more ;(. The really huge choice that pisses me off they don't take count of (aside from Iorveth/Roche path) is whether Thaler is dead or alive at the first game. I MEAN COME ON THEY DON'T EVEN MENTION ANYTHING. For example, in DA1 you could make Leliana dead and at DA:I she's alive no matter what you decided but atleast she mentions she got revived or something like that by the gods (and it somewhat makes sense because she's that holy girl). I don't care what Thaler will say, even "you killed my clone" or some shit but atleast refer the situation with something ;_;

Last edited:
There are many I'd like to quote and comment on, but I'll only do it for this one because it's on the final page:

We also don't have a real dragon in The Witcher 3, in TW2 if I remember correctly there was a scene where we had a choice to kill or spare the dragon, but the dragon did not make any cameo in TW3.
Just to explain Smurfin for you (if you didn't realize or would prefer not to know, don't click)
That dragon is Saskia.

Some things off the top of my head:

Henselt would have been killed by Letho if you don't do it/let Roche do it, so it's false decision that is contained in Witcher 2.

As someone has said previously there is nothing that either Saskia or Iorveth would have added to this story. I saw someone mention how people were clamoring for these two characters prior to Witcher 3's announcement, and was confused why they wouldn't implement them in the game. The reason is that they already had plans for the game, and they didn't figure into them, ones that were being written long before they announced the game.

I am someone who was first introduced to the video games and then learned there were books only this past December and wanted to read them prior to the delayed release due in February. My experience with the games are these: they're stories. They all have Geralt as their protagonist. You get to see his long time friends Dandelion, Zoltan, and Triss along the way. There's nothing that says a serial story has to be a saga, and that is something that was made clear in the way CD Projekt Red developed Witcher 2 after Witcher 1, that has never been their MO. Of the things I've heard complaint about, being on alright terms with Roche is probably the only one I see as problematic if you chose to side with Iorveth, but that does not mean the game is terrible because it doesn't deal with its immediate predecessor. In Witcher 2 you got gear, Sigfried might show up, and there was an assassination attempt. Those were the sole ties between the games besides reoccuring characters, of which we have the same in Witcher 3. I thoroughly enjoyed Skellige and that is as someone who owns Skyrim but played it in a limited fashion. The Witcher stories have often followed a folk narrative to a certain extent, even in the books that constitute a narrative trying to find Ciri, where different adventures get strung together over fast distances. That's what they did with Witcher 3, and they nailed it.

Saskia absolutely should have been at least a minor plot point in the game. I was disappointed not to see her, Iorveth (who had so much potential to interfere with politics), Cynthia (while minor, she does have an interesting character with a wide variety of plot uses), or a mention of Flotsam.

And, of course...despite importing TW1 to TW2, and into TW3...Geralt not being in love with Triss. Get real, those two are practically made for one another in the games. It's a faerie tale ending for a mature audience in a real world.

Last edited:
The lack of effects of TW2 ending, especially for those who followed Iorveth's path like me, on TW3 is frankly insulting TBH. Everything you did was for nothing, it's a huge slap to the face.

You got a bunch of dwarves who are now thugs for hire congratulating you on "good work at Vergen" and help you by stepping aside in Hattori's quest , that's it.

The lack of effects of TW2 ending, especially for those who followed Iorveth's path like me, on TW3 is frankly insulting TBH. Everything you did was for nothing, it's a huge slap to the face.

You got a bunch of dwarves who are now thugs for hire congratulating you on "good work at Vergen" and help you by stepping aside in Hattori's quest , that's it.
Agreed. The slap is so hard you can't believe it just happened

Thats why TW3 fails hard as a sequel to TW2
Its worse than what Bioware did with ME3, CDPR completely shitted on our choices that much is a fact

---------- Updated at 05:35 PM ----------

People also realize the Witch Hunt isn't happening outside of Novigrad, right?

Your point? They still didn't care for our choices
I mean why even have all those different endings?

The Witcher 3 is an excellent game. It is also a terrible sequel. The choices you make in the first and second Witcher should play a much larger role than they do.

Top Bottom