[SPOILERS] The lack of Witcher 2 decisions and content in The Witcher 3.

+
And if CDPR will do that little with other forgotten but important characters such as Anais, Saskia, Dethmold etc also maybe Adda?

Unfortunately it seems like these characters are stuck in Limbo for eternity. Particularly Adda since she's a character from the first game and the saves from TW1 are not recognised in TW3. And Dethmold is most likely canonically dead.

I do really hope that CDPR will do something with this issue.
As I heard they are planning to expand ciri/triss/yeneffer dialogs

They have already added the new dialogues in October in patch 1.10, and nothing has been said by developers since then regarding plans to add or change more. Which does not mean it cannot happen in the future (enhanced edition ?), but right now I do not think there are confirmed plans to change content in the base game with patches.

Anyway, I agree with the idea of implementing various tweaks to make the game react better to imported choices.

For example, if we were with Iorveth than Roche at camp would tell something like: "Oh, a non-human's friend" or something similar.

Actually, siding with Iorveth in TW2 already has a consequence when first entering Roche's camp, but it may not be obvious without comparing two playthroughs that it is because of Iorveth's path. You need to fight or use Axii on a guard if you sided with Iorveth, but are let into the camp without resistance otherwise.

Last edited:
Unfortunately it seems like these characters are stuck in Limbo for eternity. Particularly Adda since she's a character from the first game and the saves from TW1 are not recognised in TW3. And Dethmold is most likely canonically dead.
Well dethmold wasn't a good example but I meant that some of the main characters fate should be mentioned.
Speaking of Adda, if Radovid is married with her than that will be shown in W2 so in theory w3 can recognise that fact.

They should have just done a dialogue regarding Adda just like they did with Shani.

Geralt would have three options when asked about Adda's fate:

- Alive
- Dead
- I don't know, remind me please. (for new players who don't know who she is, probably would be dead by default for convenience).

Or how about a compromise? They can leave the Scoiat'ael out of the Enhanced Edition and instead keep them for the Dol Blathanna expansion with Iorveth, Isengrim and Francesca. Sounds perfect :wub: Too bad it'll never happen :crybaby:

An expansion won't happen but you never know what will happen post-Cyberpunk. Hopefully they'll put that nonsense to bed and concentrate on giving us more Witcher games ;)

Edit: deleted information from game data

An expansion won't happen but you never know what will happen post-Cyberpunk. Hopefully they'll put that nonsense to bed and concentrate on giving us more Witcher games

Perhaps there will be another expansion (not this year, though), while it seems unlikely at the moment, in this recently released strategy document there are plans to significantly expand the studio and for additional media content and product lines for the core franchises, and also further active marketing and support of the earlier releases. Maybe if TW3 and the currently planned two expansions sell better and for longer than expected, a third expansion becomes viable.

What happens after Cyberpunk could also depend on how that game sells, but with the planned expansion of CDPR, they might be able to develop games or expansions for both franchises at the same time. On the other hand, if more Witcher games were to be made, it is rather likely that they will again have poor save import. At best with a new protagonist and supporting characters the choices in TW3 will simply not be relevant to the new story.

Last edited:
As far as I can see (in all .w2scene and .w2phase files), the only place where it is used is the conversation with Boris the Troll - if any imported fact from TW2 exists, then the player is rewarded with the head of an elf, with a reference to another troll in the previous game ("Elfies good. Like tometooo."). The same applies to import_geralt_rescued_triss, but import_council_exists (which depends on the same choice) has a few minor consequences related to Carduin and the Conclave of Mages. Anais is not even mentioned in the game outside the conversation with Voorhis when simulating an imported save. import_odrin_met seems to be unused in the files I checked.

Perhaps there will be another expansion (not this year, though), while it seems unlikely at the moment, in this recently released strategy document there are plans to significantly expand the studio and for additional media content and product lines for the core franchises, and also further active marketing and support of the earlier releases. Maybe if TW3 and the currently planned two expansions sell better and for longer than expected, a third expansion becomes viable.

What happens after Cyberpunk could also depend on how that game sells, but with the planned expansion of CDPR, they might be able to develop games or expansions for both franchises at the same time. On the other hand, if more Witcher games were to be made, it is rather likely that they will again have poor save import. At best with a new protagonist and supporting characters the choices in TW3 will simply not be relevant to the new story.

I personally think there won't be a third expansion, but rather a 'Game of the Year edition' bundling the game, all DLC, both expansions and a number of community requested fixes but I don't think we'll see it this year.

They said there won't be a third expansion and Iorveth and Saskia are NEVER going to return to the game : (

CDPR already ruined our dreams : ( Lets hope we can forgive them when Blood and Wine comes out.

They said there won't be a third expansion and Iorveth and Saskia are NEVER going to return to the game : (

They said they'll not appear in B&W only no? Did they say never, never, never? :worried:

EDIT: Well, by saying that there won't be another expansion they will actually never appear anymore. Dumb question.

Lets hope we can forgive them when Blood and Wine comes out.
I don't think honestly, won't say more but... sigh..

Last edited:
Why? This kind of fanservice doesn't harm anyone. Quite the opposite actually.

Since an enhanced edition - being a free patch - would likely not include a large amount of new content (and that is assuming one is even going to be made at all, and that the "new content" will not be limited to a few monster contracts or frying pan quests), adding new characters in more than just a minor cameo role would take away from the resources available for other things. But it is mostly a question of whether Iorveth's absence is seen as a problem by CDPR, rather than just fans. The 3-4 content issues they have acknowledged seem to be those that are apparent even to people who have not played the previous games nor read the books.

CDPR already ruined our dreams : ( Lets hope we can forgive them when Blood and Wine comes out.

Maybe you can forgive them but I don't. Unless they fix all the things that have been mentioned in this thread in an EE. I'm done with CDPR. I'm still thinking that they could create awesome games but they could do the same if they start a new saga with Cyberpunk: make changes in the save imports depending on sales. That's destroys the esence of a RPG saga: the choice/consequence element between one game and another. And what is worse: they wouldn't tell you until you have the game in your hands. Maybe for you Toyen, but not for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you can forgive them but I don't. Unless they fix all the things that have been mentioned in this thread in an EE. I'm done with CDPR.

I suspect that even if an EE or GOTY edition was made, it would be more about marketing than fixing the game. While I would not mind being proven wrong about that, CDPR just might not have much reason (from their point of view) to change the game, especially after winning hundreds of awards.

Last edited by a moderator:
So much wasted potential, so many wasted characters...

But that exactly is the problem. MANY characters, it´s both, a blessing and a curse. It is impossible to give every character in the witcher universe the screentime needed to please all fans. Don´t get me wrong, i would love to see Iorveth and many others, and there are very good suggestions on how and when they could be placed in the existing story.

Yet, that would still be a big task, because they would have to adjust the other quests to continue a good flow. Pacing is very essential in game, especially in an RPG with a semi-open world. If you cramp everything full with quests, the main story get´s lost in the way. This is a problem with a lot of open world RPG´s. If you want a good pacing you have to keep things a bit tighter.

Neverless, i still hope, no matter how tiny that hope is, that they will add in quests and characters so we get a better conclusion of past characters and storylines from the Witcher 2. (and books!) But i guess there new game will have to take over eventually :x

Top Bottom