[SPOILERS] The lack of Witcher 2 decisions and content in The Witcher 3.

+
I suspect that even if an EE or GOTY edition was made, it would be more about marketing than fixing the game. While I would not mind being proven wrong about that, CDPR just might not have much reason (from their point of view) to change the game, especially after winning hundreds of awards.

That was my point. They change things depending on their market objectives. And that's normal in the videogame industry. The problem is that, normally, these changes doesn't affects the key decisions of the game ir order to give consistency to the trilogy. And if one of those change affects it directly, normally, the developers tell to their clients. That's why I'm saying that I cannot "forgive" them, Anyway, totally agree with you

Last edited:
Maybe you can forgive them but I don't. Unless they fix all the things that have been mentioned in this thread in an EE. I'm done with CDPR. I'm still thinking that they could create awesome games but they could do the same if they start a new saga with Cyberpunk: make changes in the save imports depending on sales. That's destroys the esence of a RPG saga: the choice/consequence element between one game and another. And what is worse: they wouldn't tell you until you have the game in your hands. Maybe for you Toyen, but not for me.

I was done with them when they said this game was Geralt's last but that's just awful that Iorverth and Saskia are done too, they had to be fan favorites as well, I certainly missed them in tw3, gone without so much as a word, not sure how you can do that as a company to character's that are fan favorites, it's just absurd.

It was fun while it lasted i suppose and tw3 still was pleasurable to play during many parts of the game(same as the first two) albeit not perfect in any sense of the word but it looks very unlikely they will fix some of these issues that many keep raising in a GOTY edition and they said B&W is the last expansion so i'm forced to look to another company to invest in as i'm not interested in cyberpunk, nor a game without playing as Geralt and nor a series that has characters you build relationships with only for them to vanish, Princess Adda, Yaevinn and Toruviel included in the OP list of missing character's, even though they were in the first game they were also missing from the second game.

Last edited:
I'm not because you see the reason there won't be a third expansion is because they're secretly now working on The Witcher 4 which will involve Iorveth, Saskia et al! :p

Hehe, that would be so cool, but ain't probably happening though. Although I consider Roche path to be "canon" regarding world-state of W3 (for various reasons), I just love Iorveth path. Elves? Check. Dwarves? Check. Dragon? Check. Fight for freedom? Check. Iorveth? Check. Your run-of-the-mill High Fantasy? Nope. Iorveth spin-off (stand alone DLC?) that would bring some conclusion to Iorveth and Saskia story would be simply awesome.

Morally not.
It will be a slap in the face to have another not-free update for something that should be there by default imho.
Why all of a sudden after free stuff in Witcher 1 and 2 they should make stuff not free? Is that not kinda a turn to the dark side? Just asking questions cause I read all the books and played the games a few times.
Commending them for good games doesn't mean that CD Projekt should be idolatrized. They are people and people are prone to vices.
Love Witcher, but the devs are scaring me. Witcher 3 was not the strong ending of the main story I expected.

Morally not.
It will be a slap in the face to have another not-free update for something that should be there by default imho.
Why all of a sudden after free stuff in Witcher 1 and 2 they should make stuff not free? Is that not kinda a turn to the dark side? Just asking questions cause I read all the books and played the games a few times.
Commending them for good games doesn't mean that CD Projekt should be idolatrized. They are people and people are prone to vices.
Love Witcher, but the devs are scaring me. Witcher 3 was not the strong ending of the main story I expected.

Completely agree. Unfortunately, the game director for Witcher 3 has already said that Blood and Wine is the last content they deliver for The Witcher 3, which seems like a pretty clear indication of the Enhanced Edition or any extra content related to story elements from The Witcher 2 not happening.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-the-witcher-3-after-blood-and-wine-comes-out

It is disappointing indeed - while the DLCs were good, even excellent at points (looking at you, HoS), as a fan of the series, I would have taken an Enhanced Edition expanding the underdeveloped themes of the main game and/or filling plot holes over these two massive expansions, which ultimately contribute little to the core narrative's quality.
Ideally, the Enhanced Edition could still come out in the second half of 2016, but CDPR doesn't seem to care much about the opinion of their long-term fans too much. Considering what a success The Witcher 3 was and how many new players they gained, that is completely understandable from a pragmatic perspective, but very disappointing nontheless.

Last edited:
Ideally, the Enhanced Edition could still come out in the second half of 2016, but CDPR doesn't seem to care much about the opinion of their long-term fans too much. Considering what a success The Witcher 3 was and how many new players they gained, that is completely understandable from a pragmatic perspective, but very disappointing nontheless.

Sadly, they don't care at all. It has been proven

Sadly, they don't care at all. It has been proven
Well, it's crystal clear that the studio has changed a lot since The Witcher 2 - I dare say they were in an ideal position back then, being a medium-sized team catering heavily to their fanbase, with the ability to deliver AAA products. Now they are too big to care. They still did a commendable job with The Witcher 3 and the DLCs. As Anderson says, they are great games - but that doesn't mean that The Wild Hunt is not a terrible sequel or a middling end to the trilogy.

Anyway, stirred off topic long enough. I just really wish that the guys cut a lot of the dull quests (half of Act 2 in Novigrad) in favor of story content that the game actually needed much more, including Witcher 2 lore and characters. Especially Iorveth, Saskia, Anais and last but not least, John Natalis...
Mayhaps some other studio will come along and take The Witcher 1-2 era CDPR's place. I wouldn't hold my breath for anything more for The Wild Hunt - even if anyone a bit more picky about storytelling can tell that it is begging for an Enhanced Edition.

Last edited:
Well, it's crystal clear that the studio has changed a lot since The Witcher 2 - I dare say they were in an ideal position back then, being a medium-sized team catering heavily to their fanbase, with the ability to deliver AAA products. Now they are too big to care. They still did a commendable job with The Witcher 3 and the DLCs. As Anderson says, they are great games - but that doesn't mean that The Wild Hunt is not a terrible sequel or a middling end to the trilogy.

Anyway, stirred off topic long enough. I just really wish that the guys cut a lot of the dull quests (half of Act 2 in Novigrad) in favor of story content that the game actually needed much more, including Witcher 2 lore and characters. Especially Iorveth, Saskia, Anais and last but not least, John Natalis...
Mayhaps some other studio will come along and take The Witcher 1-2 era CDPR's place. I wouldn't hold my breath for anything more for The Wild Hunt - even if anyone a bit more picky about storytelling can tell that it is begging for an Enhanced Edition.

Totally agree with you except for the job they've done with TW3. True is that they crafted a beatiful open world, with many details but the story was left in a second place and I wouldn't call it a commendable job. Not just as a sequel but as a standalone game: except for the first part, the story is really weak in my opinion.

Sorry guys, but i will repeat myself. You are crying for not having TW2 stories dwelled on again in TW3... thing is, TW2 made those stories irrelevant in the first place... whole PRE-WAR political situation has no impact on actual situation during WAR and post WAR, and that is perfectly realistic.. just look at how silly political negotiations of 1938 in Munich now look like... they didnt prevent war, on contrary, they enabled Germany to attack others... Same with TW2 political situation - all that political intrigue to get control over Foltest kids is pointless, because Nilfgaard already occupies Temeria as whole... they dont need anything from Annais, she became practically pointless character... Same thing with Saskia.. Upper Aedirn is now Nilfgaardian province... even if you help Roche, Nilfgaard keeps Aedirn under their rule...

and of course, more importantly, Geralt would not care about all this, when Ciri is in danger...

and of course, more importantly, Geralt would not care about all this, when Ciri is in danger...

That is a good point, but it does not amount to good storytelling. There is no reason why most of the characters and issues you dismissed could not be mentioned at least in passing or marginally present, for the sake of consistency and continuity with the universe that CDPR has been building. That does not mean that characters and plot lines from The Witcher 2 should have taken center stage at all. In many cases, it would have been enough to say as much as you did, e.g. mentioning that Annais became politically irrelevant, Saskia and Natalis probably died - except the jarring absence of Iorveth, a few dialogues with NPCs could have done a decent job of at least partially tying up loose ends from The Witcher 2. It would not have required more resources than a couple of the free DLC quests they released after launch. CDPR has taken the approach of barely even acknowledging their existence.

Considering how bad the game's main antagonist is and his whopping 16 sentences, I think this is just an excuse. The devs simply ran out of time and the game was too big combined with all the technical issues they faced on consoles, so a lot of things were axed. Apparently, none of these will be making their way back into the game, including Iorveth's planned storyline. So that's that.

Last edited:
Iorveth is mentioned by some NPC elves as being killed in battle...

anyway, what im saying is that this whole political intriguing played out to be totally and utterly unimportant... whole stuff that was handled in TW2 has no real effect for TW3... Emhyr played his cards well, he removed two biggest obstacles with single hit, so he could launch a sucesfull invasion - he removed some northern kings, and eliminated influence Mages had over politics... so when he actually invaded, there were no Mages that could fight his forces like they did at Sodden...

look at it this way - its 1940, Nazis invaded France. Would you be truly interested what happened to politics that negotiated the Munich treaty?? especially when your family is threatened?

If anything, that whole TW2 political squable would be a remainder for Geralt, to never ever meddle in politics again... ever..

Last edited:
If anything, that whole TW2 political squable would be a remainder for Geralt, to never ever meddle in politics again... ever..
Yes, and yet the fact that these themes were originally planned (at least Iorveth and the Squirrels) to be a part of the game suggest that the developers did not want to discard the happenings of that utter masterpiece they delivered with The Assassins of Kings. We will have to agree to disagree on this one, but I can respect people enjoying and praising the game despite the absence of these elements. Cheers!

personally, i think Iorveth was not added, because it would make his supporters angry if implemented within his character... as Elf, who fights against humans, i kinda dont believe he would be helping Geralt to stop the Eredin from launching an invasion to conquer the human world... after all, its what Iorveth was fighting for the whole time...

Im the only one thinking that now that BaW brings Aerondight back, it whould have been better that the sword whould have been taken away at the Introduction of Witcher 2 by Saskia The Dragon? It feels strange that im recibing back a sword i sold for 20 orens or so back in Flotsam because i had a better one.

After all Saskia did fly away with the sword, it just magicaly re-apears on the inventory.

yeah, definitely would be better end for Aerondight... i was always wondering why they didnt do it this way...

Completely agree. Unfortunately, the game director for Witcher 3 has already said that Blood and Wine is the last content they deliver for The Witcher 3, which seems like a pretty clear indication of the Enhanced Edition or any extra content related to story elements from The Witcher 2 not happening.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-the-witcher-3-after-blood-and-wine-comes-out

It is disappointing indeed - while the DLCs were good, even excellent at points (looking at you, HoS), as a fan of the series, I would have taken an Enhanced Edition expanding the underdeveloped themes of the main game and/or filling plot holes over these two massive expansions, which ultimately contribute little to the core narrative's quality.

Hopefully you're wrong because it took them a year or two to update Witcher 1 and 2 to EE.

They still have a studio in Krakow. No reason not to be an optimist.
An EE would make it sell better as it would look like Witcher 3 is a really refined game, not just with lots of content. Also, anything on that mod kit? Witcher 2's RedKit never went anywhere. Don't think anyone makes a lot of stuff on Djini any more :D

personally, i think Iorveth was not added, because it would make his supporters angry if implemented within his character... as Elf, who fights against humans, i kinda dont believe he would be helping Geralt to stop the Eredin from launching an invasion to conquer the human world... after all, its what Iorveth was fighting for the whole time...

It does not look like Iorveth's planned quest line would have involved him siding with the Wild Hunt. He would have appeared in the Novigrad main quests first (Pyres of Novigrad, Get Junior, etc.), then at the Battle of Kaer Morhen as an ally, and in Final Preparations. This suggests a role somewhat similar to Roche's.

Hopefully you're wrong because it took them a year or two to update Witcher 1 and 2 to EE.

Actually, it took 11 months for the enhanced edition of both games to be released (see here). But if there is an EE in the plans, it may be announced at E3 in a few days. Although I have doubts, since in a recent interview it was said that no more new content is planned for The Witcher 3, and what is to be announced at E3 looks most likely to be an online Gwent game. Also, while it does not really prove anything, there does not seem to be unused new content in the 1.21 patch - previously, the new dialogues that have been added in version 1.10 and even some bits of Blood and Wine "leaked" in the files months before the release.

Last edited:
it was said that no more new content is planned for The Witcher 3
Well , i think it was related to expansions.

And i still have an old article in my head about an Enhanced Edition and it was answered it could be possible.
Sure , again no clear yes or no, but at least something.

But as long here in the Forums in no official posting about an EE (yes or no) , everything is possible.

And i still have an old article in my head about an Enhanced Edition and it was answered it could be possible.
Sure , again no clear yes or no, but at least something.

But as long here in the Forums in no official posting about an EE (yes or no) , everything is possible.

I am not saying there will not be an enhanced or GOTY edition of some sort, it just does not seem likely now that it would introduce noteworthy new content (quests, dialogues, cutscenes, etc.). Especially since in the above linked interview the director is asked if there will be any more game content released for The Witcher 3 at all, and he answers "no":
CD Projekt Red never promised anything beyond the 16 free pieces of DLC and the two expansions but this is up to date confirmation from the horse's mouth nonetheless.

"Is this the last expansion?" I asked Tomaszkiewicz when I went to see Blood and Wine recently. "Yes," he answered.

"Will there be any more game content released for The Witcher 3 at all?" I followed up. "No," he said, "this is the last thing we deliver and we focus on Cyberpunk."

There will, however, continue to be patches released for The Witcher 3. "The first thing is that we try to fix as many bugs as we can for the second expansion and the main game," he said, "and we will release a patch before we release the expansion and maybe one later."
And, as I mentioned, I did not find signs of WIP new content in the files, either. It may still happen, but I would not bet on it right now. However, there are only a couple of days left until E3, so we'll see if anything is announced soon(TM).

You insist always in the same argument rather than hear the opinions of others. Even in TW3 there are books which said that the Aen Elle and the Aen Seidhe took different paths and they weren't precisely friends. Iorveth could hate them just because the didn't help the elves when they need assistance. In any case, you are free to keep insisting in your own arguments

Top Bottom