[SPOILERS] The lack of Witcher 2 decisions and content in The Witcher 3.

+
You insist always in the same argument rather than hear the opinions of others. Even in TW3 there are books which said that the Aen Elle and the Aen Seidhe took different paths and they weren't precisely friends. Iorveth could hate them just because the didn't help the elves when they need assistance. In any case, you are free to keep insisting in your own arguments

im "insisting" because its perfectly within his nature.. he HATES humans more than anything else. so If there were Aen Elves coming leading an invasion army, he would immediately join them and help them wiping out all humans. Aen Elves left for the same reason why other elves were against the Scoiatel units, so your assumption that he would be against them too is false.

What different path Aen Seidhe took exactly??? they decided to do nothing.. while humans took over the world... Iorveth and his Scoiatel units were actually strongly against such thing, and wanted to fight. which was main reason why they got manipulated into war with northern kingdoms by Nilfgaard and abandoned immediately when it suited to Emhyr. so my assumption that Iorveth and other elves that decided to fight, would join Aen Elle is valid

Iorveth was all about building a kingdom where humans, elves, and dwarves could live as equals. He's not a typical Scoia'tael.

To join the Wild Hunt would also mean turning against Saskia and he'd never do that.

Because Love.

It's interesting really how the whitewashing of the Scoia'tael has kind of confused fans of both the books as well as the video games. In the video games, the Scoia'tael are freedom fighters who many players are sympathetic to. The problem is Sapkowski considers them less like Robin Hood and more like Milosovich. They're a bunch of people who are interested in ethnic cleansing and race politics which an 80 year old Polish man is probably not going to get behind.

However, Iorveth's whole thing is he's actually a freedom fighter who is weary and sick of all the pointless bloodshed. He wants to bring an end to it by giving elves a kingdom where they can live in peace.

Iorveth was all about building a kingdom where humans, elves, and dwarves could live as equals. He's not a typical Scoia'tael.

To join the Wild Hunt would also mean turning against Saskia and he'd never do that.

In addition to that, as I already mentioned, what is known about the deleted content does not support the theory that Iorveth would have sided with the Wild Hunt. The only Wild Hunt related quest he was planned to appear in is The Battle of Kaer Morhen, and there he would have been an ally like Roche and others.

In addition to that, as I already mentioned, what is known about the deleted content does not support the theory that Iorveth would have sided with the Wild Hunt. The only Wild Hunt related quest he was planned to appear in is The Battle of Kaer Morhen, and there he would have been an ally like Roche and others.

The Wild Hunt elves are also an obscure legend rather than someone actually interested in showing up on their doorstep and recruiting them anyway. They've been specters hunting humans to kidnap until recently.

It's interesting really how the whitewashing of the Scoia'tael has kind of confused fans of both the books as well as the video games. In the video games, the Scoia'tael are freedom fighters who many players are sympathetic to. The problem is Sapkowski considers them less like Robin Hood and more like Milosovich. They're a bunch of people who are interested in ethnic cleansing and race politics which an 80 year old Polish man is probably not going to get behind.

However, Iorveth's whole thing is he's actually a freedom fighter who is weary and sick of all the pointless bloodshed. He wants to bring an end to it by giving elves a kingdom where they can live in peace.

I wouldn't say that. The idea of a Freedom State was from Saskia, no Iorveth. In fact, Iorveth's character it's pretty similar to the description of the scoia'tel you just mentioned. If he changed his mind was because of Saskia, the last 200 years the only thing he thought was to kill humans and revenge

I wouldn't say that. The idea of a Freedom State was from Saskia, no Iorveth. In fact, Iorveth's character it's pretty similar to the description of the scoia'tel you just mentioned. If he changed his mind was because of Saskia, the last 200 years the only thing he thought was to kill humans and revenge

Well, the Scoia'tael are a relatively recent thing. Humans and elves mostly had peace until Nilfgaard started arming them and insighting them against humans.

Iorveth is an idealist but at the same time is inclined to use cruel methods, especially when cornered (which is how he survived all these years).
Sad that these two veterans, Roche and Iorveth never met again after Witcher 2. Because that was an epic clash of politics, ideologies, views.
In Witcher 3 we just have a Nilfgaard camp just standing there. Inconspicuously. Totally not suspicious that CD Projekt had something in mind.

Russian fans have made a pettion in Change.org. They are asking for content related with Saskia, Iorveth or Yarpen. Also, some modifications in order to add dialogue which could explain the fate of characters like Anais, Natalis... Here is the link to the Reddit post and also to the petition itself if someone wants to sign. I already did it

https://m.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/4p4ee1/russians_made_a_petition_asking_cd_project_to_add/

https://www.change.org/p/cd-projekt-red-the-witcher-cutted-ends-ведьмак-обрубленные-концы

I signed it up but those petitions are pointless. CDPR is aware that they screwed up with Witcher 3 main storyline but they refused to repair it with enhanced edition or any new content what so ever.

I signed it up but those petitions are pointless. CDPR is aware that they screwed up with Witcher 3 main storyline but they refused to repair it with enhanced edition or any new content what so ever.
Maybe because TW3 story is beyond repair-able

I know, but this is a way to show them how many people are frustrated with this situation. Also, even when is unlikely, could serve for something

Maybe because TW3 story is beyond repair-able

I would not say that. Sure it would need some effort but its doable.
Even The Wild Hunt mess could be fixed with some flashbacks, dreams, and a few attacks from the wild hunt itself, so everyone knows there is a threat, and not only three funny words....

I know, but this is a way to show them how many people are frustrated with this situation
I think even without petitions, cdpr knows how many people think the main story is garbage.
They are intelligent, they should know it

Maybe they know, but it seems that they don't care much. This petition could help

There are probably developers who do care or even already said so in interviews, but if the top dogs responsible for actually making the major decisions say that no more Witcher 3 content is planned because the resources are better spent on other projects, then there will not be more Witcher 3 content. A petition by a few hundred or even thousand people - out of 10+ million who bought the game - might not be enough to change the strategy of a large company. However, they may still return to the game at some point in the future, for example because of a new generation of consoles (even TW2:EE was likely related to the Xbox 360 port) if it is predicted that the game would sell well on those with some upgrades. Although for the improved versions of the PS4 and XB1 the enhancements might be limited to increasing some settings to closer to what is possible on PC.

Maybe they know
Believe me they know.
There is no way they avoided all that critic from the players here .
At least i hope they don't live in a world where everything is shiny and perfect, like some other big studios.
That would be atypical for cdpr.

But one problem came from the big gaming magazines... 90%+ ratings everywhere....
I don't know a single magazine that said the main story is not good or rushed etc..
I think that also have an impact to the devs if they want to change something or not...

Example:
There was a german interview befor B&W release, and one devolper asked the interviewer what he really dont liked in witcher 3...
And he answered.."too much rain in velen, everything else was perfect... "
No words for that. I really wanted to punch that guy ... There is no need to be a ass-kisser....Honest criticism helps much more.

but it seems that they don't care much.

That's another story. Sadly.

This petition could help
Yeah it could. I do not deny that.

A petition by a few hundred or even thousand people - out of 10+ million who bought the game - might not be enough to change the strategy

Yep, think the same.

Last edited:
There are probably developers who do care or even already said so in interviews, but if the top dogs responsible for actually making the major decisions say that no more Witcher 3 content is planned because the resources are better spent on other projects, then there will not be more Witcher 3 content. A petition by a few hundred or even thousand people - out of 10+ million who bought the game - might not be enough to change the strategy of a large company. However, they may still return to the game at some point in the future, for example because of a new generation of consoles (even TW2:EE was likely related to the Xbox 360 port) if it is predicted that the game would sell well on those with some upgrades. Although for the improved versions of the PS4 and XB1 the enhancements might be limited to increasing some settings to closer to what is possible on PC.

Does it hurt just to sign it? No one is going to die and it's a way to protest

I would not say that. Sure it would need some effort but its doable.
Even The Wild Hunt mess could be fixed with some flashbacks, dreams, and a few attacks from the wild hunt itself, so everyone knows there is a threat, and not only three funny words....

I think even without petitions, cdpr knows how many people think the main story is garbage.
They are intelligent, they should know it
The Wild Hunt depiction is far from the worst thing in TW3 story

The Wild Hunt depiction is far from the worst thing in TW3 story

Well, for me it clearly is.Such a huge letdown. It is garbage to say it friendly.
It depends on personal point of view.

Btw, i don't want to go offtopic now. I just wanted to say everything can be fixed. Some things more and some things less. Some things take more effort and some things less. Everything is possible If they want to change something.Even minor changes can make a huge difference

Top Bottom