[SPOILERS] The Romance in this game is truly amazing, and equally disappointing.

+
Im sorry but it is not amazing at all, once you romance someone and have the sex scene then it end there and nothing more...
I was really hoping for dating or some kind of follower like in Skyrim/Fallout 4.
Some simple thing like unlock more quest/mission once you romance someone would be nice.
I wanted to romance Meredith Stout and all I got was a 10 sec sex scene (How can you even fap to that), she work for Militech she could introduce us to mission with them, weapon, show us the corpo side of Night city, but nope nothing.

So sad.
Read what I said, the build up is amazing with Judy which was my partner, the core of it isnt.
Post automatically merged:

Given that portraying a meaningful relationship between characters requires lots of carefully choreographed content, an open ended relationship will never be satisfactory.
The only viable endings are one of:
  • She breaks up with V
  • V breaks up with her
  • She dies (or in some other way becomes inaccessible)
I disagree, they wrote about a 12 hour build up, and a romantic ending, they can fill in the gaps with story about V or Judy, or having other romantic-esque missions. For it to stop immediately after you say "lets become gf/gf" is just disappointing after that build up. It cant just be 1 sex scene and you get an apartment to hang out in.

100%, I was very emotionally invested in her character missions. I'm almost bored with the game now because I don't have any more Jude content to look forward to...
Same, I actually found myself looking foward to seeing her ingame again and doing missions or whatever it was, both types were equally gratifying.

The worst thing in a romance is, game and V, don't care about it. After I estabilished a relationship with Judy, I met River, male romance option for Fem V and guess what? V had an amnesia. She was flirting with River, his family was constantly commenting through one quest how great she and River look together and there was no option to even say "I'm already taken" or anything like that. No option to disagree or anything or maybe to even say "I'M A LESBIAN". Even BioWare wasn't that lazy with their romances.

I actually made a thread about it yesterday, but I needed to vent here again.
By all means vent, I hope CDPR sees this honestly and does an update/DLC where you can actually improve on your relationship with Judy + or whoever. It felt so uncomfortable trying to dodge other characters after having a gf in the game.

After finding a temporary solution to the nudity bug, I stayed up the whole night pursuing Judy's romance and impatiently doing jobs in between her calls and texts because I genuinely felt sorry for her. Swimming with her, learning about her past, then comforting her and leading into the sex scene was all so beautifully done it made me teary-eyed.

Even though I knew (from the internet discussions) that the romance would "freeze" after the sex scene, it moved me enough to make me pursue it anyway. It ended exactly as my V described it: as the beginning of something. It should have led to more missions, and should have unlocked the ability to braindance with her!
That mission underwater was one of the most amazingly done missions in anygame I have ever played, it was so interesting and unique in character building and relationships, even the caressing and comforting her into a sex scene taking place had to have purpose behind it and how it built up. I couldnt believe what I was watching/taking part in terms of story. It was amazing, and as I said in the title, equally disappointing.

I'm with you on this, absolutely loved the unfolding of Judy's Storyline, and I'm sure other romance options are amazing to experience too.
It actually almost involved my own feelings. I cared about her, her past, our possible future out of Night City as she seems to tell you at some point (I didn't finish the main story line yet, maybe it unlocks a separate ending?).

But now that the relationship is kind of "official", she's now basically out of the game. I would have settled with a simple option to be able to sleep at her place or something. Now I just miss her even though she's here, what a weird feeling.
Exactly how I feel, shes right there and the furthest she has been throughout the story.

Last edited:
Problem is all those romance lead to nothing.
I get that a follower system in this game like in Skyrim/Fallout 4 would probably sucks but can we have more missions/weapons, dating system ?
Doubt they would add a follower system but I think it would be awesome for some of the main characters once you have beaten their quest lines..

I was playing yesterday and Judy reached out with some messages about the virtu we scrolled, does anyone know if this was in the game before yesterday or not? Since it was just some messages they could have stealth-added these in a soft patch but I'm not sure.

I agree that after the side story lines, these characters you spend so much time with just kind of become background noise. I feel like there are a few small things to keep the fire burning between characters, like going out on a date to the rollercoaster in Pacifca, or like in Johnny's side quest when he goes to the drive in. More sex scene, while cool, seem kind of pointless because the whole point of getting close to these characters is to, well, get closer to them, even simple touches like giving them a small kiss when you come in or being able to sleep in their bed with them. I mean what's the point of having the apartment as an option if the only thing you can do is repeat dialogue and use a stash. It just feel redundant and it yanks me out of the spectacularly immersive world that I'm in whenever I play.

At one point in a mission, V says something like - "I only tell people I care about my real name". This led me to believe this game has a lot of impactful moments if you were to get close to certain characters.
Oh I forgot about this! This would be so amazingly impactful -- I think you really should at least, before the endings and any head-canon type thing has to happen, be able to tell your friends and family your real name. It can even be a small dialogue option and maybe they'll just say they're used to calling you V, or maybe lines could be re-recorded for contexts of close-relationship interactions and final mission and epilogue interactions.

I just finished Kerry's sidequests and I am disappointed in his romance (I heard others aren't any better). I didn't want to be. It felt more like a fling than a romance because everything happens so fast. There's no drama either lol. I was hoping CDPR would use the character you romanced for something (e.g a mission where V's LI is kidnapped or it's laced into the main story somehow). But after you have sex and the trophy pops... You don't hear from that character again. I thought for sure CDPR's romances would be better than DA or ME but hmm lol.... It felt like an afterthought when they could have done something truly unique.

I agree that after the side story lines, these characters you spend so much time with just kind of become background noise. I feel like there are a few small things to keep the fire burning between characters, like going out on a date to the rollercoaster in Pacifca, or like in Johnny's side quest when he goes to the drive in. More sex scene, while cool, seem kind of pointless because the whole point of getting close to these characters is to, well, get closer to them, even simple touches like giving them a small kiss when you come in or being able to sleep in their bed with them. I mean what's the point of having the apartment as an option if the only thing you can do is repeat dialogue and use a stash. It just feel redundant and it yanks me out of the spectacularly immersive world that I'm in whenever I play.
ME2 did that where you could call your LI up to your room and snuggle in bed lol. It was just a nice touch.

I was playing yesterday and Judy reached out with some messages about the virtu we scrolled, does anyone know if this was in the game before yesterday or not? Since it was just some messages they could have stealth-added these in a soft patch but I'm not sure.

I saw this as well, she "sends" you a gift, i think its the scuba gear, and later on she gets a bit drunk and sends you a funny messages, plus the "mox" shotgun rare item. It hasnt progressed past this point however, and there arent anymore lines to interact with her past the original ones after the sex scene. I also thought it was a soft patch.

is there any chance to romance T-bug?
At this point I don't think anyone has found one.

I saw this as well, she "sends" you a gift, i think its the scuba gear, and later on she gets a bit drunk and sends you a funny messages, plus the "mox" shotgun rare item. It hasnt progressed past this point however, and there arent anymore lines to interact with her past the original ones after the sex scene. I also thought it was a soft patch.
I finished up those messages and it was pretty cool, but short-lived. Can't wait to see what else they add 😉.

Last edited:
I hope CDPR adds friendship system we all know from GTA in which we can call and invite our romances/friends to do activities with us. Cyberpunk aside from boxing and racing has no activities. We need billard, bowling. Maybe some futuristic form of sports. Something to spend our time with romances.

Just recently finished all the quests for Judy and I can't agree more. I was desperately trying to look for more content involving her (other than the texts and two extra lines of dialogue) but no luck. All that emotion and deep bonding with a character only to end like that.. just another blank npc in one spot 24/7 (you don't even see her at Lizzie's anymore). Kind of lost motivation to continue playing.

I really hope more features will be added later.

The Romance System just like a quest,as other side quest.
CP77 make the Romance developing too fast. Every NPC should have its love rhythm,fall in love at first sight,marathon love. and so on. No only doing Quest.

Imagine dates like GTA 4 in this game hmm perfect.
Calling your girlfriend/boyfriend using the phone to date in some of the nice clubs/bar in Night City?

The Romance in this game is truly amazing, and equally disappointing.

Judy Alvarez, as an example.

You're led on an almost 12 hour long journey, starting where she doesn't like/nor trust you very much. Over time winning her over to your side and are able to to quests for her. All the while doing side missions with her and getting closer via dialogue options, and when you're not, getting excited for the random text/phone call that she might send. You comfort her, help her out with missions, get invited to her house. Make decisions that impact whether or not she actually wants you to be in her life. Save her seemingly best friend, there for her during the traumatic experiences of this mission.

After a while the Messages get more personal, the phone calls as well. You're actually in a sort of relationship with this in-game character you're getting to know slowly.

At one point in a mission, V says something like - "I only tell people I care about my real name". This led me to believe this game has a lot of impactful moments if you were to get close to certain characters.

Anyway, at a certain point you help Judy, and she obliges by opening herself up, and taking you out into probably one of the most amazingly romantic missions/scenes I have encountered in any game. You go underwater diving, after flirting quite amazingly (I'm still waiting for that MaxTax uniform btw) - and you visit Judy's old home, and you learn about her past and feelings.

She breaks down and you comfort her, ending up in a tasteful, not over done sex scene where two characters are enjoying each others company. If you're role playing this game, this was a sweet moment for you, as you have spent 12 hours or so with this person who has suddenly changed their whole dynamic with you, to get to this point. And she clearly tells you there's more to her story.

You go outside, and are posed with a question, What did this mean to you?

Well after 12 hours, this wasn't just a one night stand, if it was for anyone else, I would be amazed.

You explain this, and are suddenly in a relationship, with a few more dialogue options. The immersion, romance, excitement of a new message/phone call coming through suddenly, a thought of a date, the thought of maybe hearing V's REAL NAME to someone that shes inlove with. All that has disappeared because Judy is no longer part of the story in any shape or form, other than standing at the window.

SUGGESTIONS:

The relationship progresses beautifully imo, im not sure about the other ones but I feel they would be similar. BUT there are multiple missed opportunities here.

-Explain V's backstory through relationship with Judy in dialogue.
-Dating + Drinks + Extra Dialogue, sex if that matters in a meaningful way
-V's apartment
-Random text/calls
-Missions
-Judys story progression
-Don't just keep Judy in eye shot for her apartment, its quite depressing spending 12 hours with a character I can no longer interact with,
-Extra Dialogue options with other characters stating you're with Judy (whoever frankly) instead of randomly flirting ruining the immersive feeling you have.
The game doesn't need to be a mindless way forward, I understand in context that there are time constraints but you're going back into the game as free play from a loading point (I understand why but its still weird)
-Whats the point of playing as V and wanting to survive, with nothing to survive for?

I am holding out for an update/dlc where this progresses. This was a great missed opportunity, and I expected a little better.
I am so glad I found this thread before I posted an almost identical post! This post echoes my entire feeling about Judy's series and resolution. I believe this is one of the most thoughtful and tasteful romances in any game to this point! But Judy becoming just a generic prop after the main story concludes is really saddening. I fell madly in love with this character, her life, and her story, as if someone like me who had similar experiences in her life wrote this character just for me. Its that good. But now when I stop by her apartment, all I want to do is cry because she has been dumped into the abyss of the unimportant. Well, she's important to me, and I'm pretty sure she's important to a multitude of other players.

I didn’t want to make another thread about the game’s romance system so I am just going to put what I found in this thread. I am only posting this because I see a number of questions about having multiple romantic partners in other threads. Some of those are it’s not possible while others are unsure.

I found something interesting about the romance mechanics in the game. I was able to get Judy to become V’s girlfriend unlocking her apartment; and I was also able to get River to become V’s boyfriend. Including both their individual romantic scenes. So now V has both a girlfriend and boyfriend on my play though. I don’t know how this will affect the ending. I am not there yet. I am ether going with the nomad assault (I hear it has the better ending) or the don’t fear the reaper solo assault (I like challenging combat).

To give a bit of background (this going to be bit long), I wasn’t aware of the romance options in the game until about mid way in to River’s mission line. When he started to flirt and silverhand said something about it. When I did look up the options, I wanted to romance Judy but I figured that I had missed that chance because I already completed the main story line job at Cloud. And she never contacted me again.

I wasn’t aware that I need to advance the main jobs before she would. And I tend to be a bit of a completionist so I finished River’s mission line until the Following the River one. And because I did not want to romance him I just left the job hanging and never called him. And I completed all of the other side jobs and world events on the map before returning to the main jobs for the story line.

Which then I got a call from Judy starting her job line. I completed it but seeing I wanted to close out the other side jobs before finishing the main story line. I revisited River’s job line thinking that V would just automatically turn him down telling him that she was already involved with someone. But surprisingly I got both the option for V to turn him down or kiss him, so after the romantic scene with him I was able to select the option for V tell him she wanted him has her boyfriend. There was no option to tell him about Judy before or after the romantic scene for those who are wondering.

Then I went to Judy’s apartment to talk to her and oddly there wasn’t an option tell her about River or any reaction from her about V being with some else behind her back. I was expecting Judy say something about hearing rumors that V was going behind her back and what not. But that didn’t happen.

So, now I am going run two different sets of play through save files in parallel. I want see what happens with just having Judy as V’s romantic partner, and with V having both as her romantic partners.

I didn’t want to make another thread about the game’s romance system so I am just going to put what I found in this thread. I am only posting this because I see a number of questions about having multiple romantic partners in other threads. Some of those are it’s not possible while others are unsure.

I found something interesting about the romance mechanics in the game. I was able to get Judy to become V’s girlfriend unlocking her apartment; and I was also able to get River to become V’s boyfriend. Including both their individual romantic scenes. So now V has both a girlfriend and boyfriend on my play though. I don’t know how this will affect the ending. I am not there yet. I am ether going with the nomad assault (I hear it has the better ending) or the don’t fear the reaper solo assault (I like challenging combat).

To give a bit of background (this going to be bit long), I wasn’t aware of the romance options in the game until about mid way in to River’s mission line. When he started to flirt and silverhand said something about it. When I did look up the options, I wanted to romance Judy but I figured that I had missed that chance because I already completed the main story line job at Cloud. And she never contacted me again.

I wasn’t aware that I need to advance the main jobs before she would. And I tend to be a bit of a completionist so I finished River’s mission line until the Following the River one. And because I did not want to romance him I just left the job hanging and never called him. And I completed all of the other side jobs and world events on the map before returning to the main jobs for the story line.

Which then I got a call from Judy starting her job line. I completed it but seeing I wanted to close out the other side jobs before finishing the main story line. I revisited River’s job line thinking that V would just automatically turn him down telling him that she was already involved with someone. But surprisingly I got both the option for V to turn him down or kiss him, so after the romantic scene with him I was able to select the option for V tell him she wanted him has her boyfriend. There was no option to tell him about Judy before or after the romantic scene for those who are wondering.

Then I went to Judy’s apartment to talk to her and oddly there wasn’t an option tell her about River or any reaction from her about V being with some else behind her back. I was expecting Judy say something about hearing rumors that V was going behind her back and what not. But that didn’t happen.

So, now I am going run two different sets of play through save files in parallel. I want see what happens with just having Judy as V’s romantic partner, and with V having both as her romantic partners.
Ok so I can explain what might happen, seeing as how I finished it a couple times with the endings with Judy as my gf, and I ended it differently.

the game DOES NOT CARE what or who you are with, to a point obviously. As long as you are with "someone" and have finished the questlines (btw you need to finish Panams questline to get Judys ending, dont ask me why i dont know) - and have finished the questlines - you can decide whatever ending you want. The endings arent really locked out from any real point after the 2nd to last mission. You discuss it with Johnny and go from there. What my guess is, depending on which ending you want, and having River and Judy as your relationships, it will just show you the relevant ending, they dont overlap as far as I know, so in the end it doesnt really matter that you have both. Regarding your decisions in the game, romantic or otherwise, they dont seem to connect with very much outside the linear questlines that are given, so in a sense its not really an RPG, its a single player with multiple side missions, with minimum changes + additions along the way depending the side quests you finish, and on how u finish it.

I am so glad I found this thread before I posted an almost identical post! This post echoes my entire feeling about Judy's series and resolution. I believe this is one of the most thoughtful and tasteful romances in any game to this point! But Judy becoming just a generic prop after the main story concludes is really saddening. I fell madly in love with this character, her life, and her story, as if someone like me who had similar experiences in her life wrote this character just for me. Its that good. But now when I stop by her apartment, all I want to do is cry because she has been dumped into the abyss of the unimportant. Well, she's important to me, and I'm pretty sure she's important to a multitude of other players.
Imagine dates like GTA 4 in this game hmm perfect.
Calling your girlfriend/boyfriend using the phone to date in some of the nice clubs/bar in Night City?
Just recently finished all the quests for Judy and I can't agree more. I was desperately trying to look for more content involving her (other than the texts and two extra lines of dialogue) but no luck. All that emotion and deep bonding with a character only to end like that.. just another blank npc in one spot 24/7 (you don't even see her at Lizzie's anymore). Kind of lost motivation to continue playing.

I really hope more features will be added later.
Btw just a thought, the game isn't really a true RPG, as the interactions and decisions don't affect what the ending is. It only slightly adds to it. There is no connectivity between characters other then V herself. Also, mean lets face it, I thought romance was a massive fuck up, looking into it now theres a lot more problems going on and this is probably WAY down their list to fix.

Top Bottom