[SPOILERS] The Romance in this game is truly amazing, and equally disappointing.

+
I never have much expectation for romance in these types of game, i only do them if they are a requirement for a ending.

It seems super silly, like a very secondary and non important feature.

But, it made me realize the (arguably most important) choice in my main story was made because of how the game is programmed, not because of storyline.
Because I realized, that might be the only way to any sort of interaction between my romance option, after being treated as a generic NPC for 60 hours after finishing that quest line.

So here is what happened with V having two romantic partners at the end of the game; V gets the option to call both. V can talk to either one however if V talks to one V can’t call the other. If V talks to Judy, she says that she will be waiting for V at the end of the call. If V talks to River, he says that V can count him at the end of the call.

I picked option not call either to see what happens. And went with the nomads for help and called Panam. Afterwards neither Judy or River showed up at the end. I reloaded the save file before the call and picked Judy as the person to call then replayed the assault with the nomads and she was at the camp in the end. So, it seems the phone call determines who will be there. And during the credits the only thing River talked about was thanking V for helping him with his investigations.

call options.jpg

S
So here is what happened with V having two romantic partners at the end of the game; V gets the option to call both. V can talk to either one however if V talks to one V can’t call the other. If V talks to Judy, she says that she will be waiting for V at the end of the call. If V talks to River, he says that V can count him at the end of the call.

I picked option not call either to see what happens. And went with the nomads for help and called Panam. Afterwards neither Judy or River showed up at the end. I reloaded the save file before the call and picked Judy as the person to call then replayed the assault with the nomads and she was at the camp in the end. So, it seems the phone call determines who will be there. And during the credits the only thing River talked about was thanking V for helping him with his investigations.

View attachment 11106206
Should Call some GAME DEVS to tie up all these options lmao

Putting the time into the missions to build up the relationship with Judy, getting a key to her apartment, for it just to stop until the very end of the game is probably the thing I hated most. Going to the apartment and just getting the same 3 generic questions really sucked,

I really like how relationships are made but don't understand why there is no option for female V to date with Panam...
I mean , what's the point making her straight? I rly don't like Judy and other options for female V and the only one truly good one is Panam but you can't have it.
I hope devs will change it in nearest future :cry:

The worst thing in a romance is, game and V, don't care about it. After I estabilished a relationship with Judy, I met River, male romance option for Fem V and guess what? V had an amnesia. She was flirting with River, his family was constantly commenting through one quest how great she and River look together and there was no option to even say "I'm already taken" or anything like that. No option to disagree or anything or maybe to even say "I'M A LESBIAN". Even BioWare wasn't that lazy with their romances.

I actually made a thread about it yesterday, but I needed to vent here again.

This is a truly excellent point and needs to be hammered down, stating that you are taken and make it easy on the poor guy would have made it so much easier to go tru his story. And even if you accept to go through it there should be consequences if you are foolish enough to cheat. Hope they sort this bit before they introduce more romances. I wouldn't want any new ones anyways without first giving way way more depth to the current ones.
Post automatically merged:

I posted this in a similar thread, it fits here probably better too.

Personally for me it was Judy that defined the entire experience honestly. When you ask yourself what did the story take you up on as your personal goal while going tru it, idk maybe for some it was collecting, gunplay or insane dps numbers or fashion for any customization or main story or achievement/completionist hunt, etc.... For me it was just Judy and all the bits of story she got with my female V, time would freeze when she called and texted and it all turned to Judy 2077. Pretty soon into the game too and am at 130 hours without haven't done all there is to do.

And by far nothing else will i be carrying with me further in my memories than that romance and story told with those 2 characters. So you can imagine the sadness when you realize that the start of your relationship is the end of it essentially as it stands now. I will get lovely messages from her and gifts as well as a line of dialogue and lovely ending but it feels so unfulfilled. Even her apartment turned into no more than a cute adorable gesture since all it does is just access to the stash that you can have at any moment with your car. Can't even take a nap on couch... Needless to say in a dark city where violence is daily on the table and morals are far gone with lost souls wandering aimlessly tru their days you find the one person that loves you. And after a day of blowing heads off random duds on streets you come back and can't even hug or kiss that person let alone take them out or do more with them. Am sure things i said were said many times before and they should be repeated and passionately pushed for and hammered down to make it clear.

Therefore ill list a few things i feel would give us all a more fulfilling experience:

1. Your character of choice for romance should be the only one that calls you by your full name after the start of the relationship.

2. Work on what is there already and build on it, randomize and expand the answers these characters can give us, its same lines atm, have them surprise us with different answers based on met conditions. If i ask Judy what new braindences she mixed up have her tell me 5 different things and let me choose other things to say based on her response.

3. More messages and text responses, this shouldn't be difficult but its what couples do endlessly so please. If they ask me what i want to eat for dinner or arrange a dinner after based on my response.... you get the point.

4. More quests together, casual or serious, romantic and sweet. Don't tell me that there isn't some misfit that wouldn't try get back at me tru my gf/bf in Night City, you can make so many stories its a damn gold mine.

5. More intimacy, option to kiss, hug should be somewhere in these responses we give to our person of choice. Ways to trigger more sex scenes with our partner, the ones already there are so damn tasteful and wonderfully artistic.

6. Don't make it easy. We want the challenge and sharp decision making to getting into the heart of ones we love. Triggering the intimate scenes should come with perfect decision making in dialogue choices and actions in quests/events.

7. Make more use of that apartment after they let us live with them i beg of you.

8. Let us take them with us in our car or on our bike on a mission. These characters are basically invincible and invisible anyways so just having them as support fire and some dialogue would mean so much already.

All these are within reach and not unreasonable. If at least some of the upper ones aren't met then please don't start introducing new romance options. "Quality over quantity, V." All the aforementioned can simply exist easy outside of the main storyline and simply build on the side. I'll tell you now that any new additions and changes that expands the romance of my character of choice will have me easily play tru all of the game again. And a separate multiplayer game without them as romance choice or extension of the main game will get no real interest from me. Build on your strengths, don't be a Destiny or Warframe that will get boring and beg for play tru simple grind. Build on story and dialogue and relationships that is what will make your audience sing praises.

Last edited:
The Romance in this game is truly amazing, and equally disappointing.

Judy Alvarez, as an example.

You're led on an almost 12 hour long journey, starting where she doesn't like/nor trust you very much. Over time winning her over to your side and are able to to quests for her. All the while doing side missions with her and getting closer via dialogue options, and when you're not, getting excited for the random text/phone call that she might send. You comfort her, help her out with missions, get invited to her house. Make decisions that impact whether or not she actually wants you to be in her life. Save her seemingly best friend, there for her during the traumatic experiences of this mission.

After a while the Messages get more personal, the phone calls as well. You're actually in a sort of relationship with this in-game character you're getting to know slowly.

At one point in a mission, V says something like - "I only tell people I care about my real name". This led me to believe this game has a lot of impactful moments if you were to get close to certain characters.

Anyway, at a certain point you help Judy, and she obliges by opening herself up, and taking you out into probably one of the most amazingly romantic missions/scenes I have encountered in any game. You go underwater diving, after flirting quite amazingly (I'm still waiting for that MaxTax uniform btw) - and you visit Judy's old home, and you learn about her past and feelings.

She breaks down and you comfort her, ending up in a tasteful, not over done sex scene where two characters are enjoying each others company. If you're role playing this game, this was a sweet moment for you, as you have spent 12 hours or so with this person who has suddenly changed their whole dynamic with you, to get to this point. And she clearly tells you there's more to her story.

You go outside, and are posed with a question, What did this mean to you?

Well after 12 hours, this wasn't just a one night stand, if it was for anyone else, I would be amazed.

You explain this, and are suddenly in a relationship, with a few more dialogue options. The immersion, romance, excitement of a new message/phone call coming through suddenly, a thought of a date, the thought of maybe hearing V's REAL NAME to someone that shes inlove with. All that has disappeared because Judy is no longer part of the story in any shape or form, other than standing at the window.

SUGGESTIONS:

The relationship progresses beautifully imo, im not sure about the other ones but I feel they would be similar. BUT there are multiple missed opportunities here.

-Explain V's backstory through relationship with Judy in dialogue.
-Dating + Drinks + Extra Dialogue, sex if that matters in a meaningful way
-V's apartment
-Random text/calls
-Missions
-Judys story progression
-Don't just keep Judy in eye shot for her apartment, its quite depressing spending 12 hours with a character I can no longer interact with,
-Extra Dialogue options with other characters stating you're with Judy (whoever frankly) instead of randomly flirting ruining the immersive feeling you have.
The game doesn't need to be a mindless way forward, I understand in context that there are time constraints but you're going back into the game as free play from a loading point (I understand why but its still weird)
-Whats the point of playing as V and wanting to survive, with nothing to survive for?

I am holding out for an update/dlc where this progresses. This was a great missed opportunity, and I expected a little better.

I agreed. I hope it will happen in the futur.

It is a shame that they didn't add this to the game... I mean ... Your character gets well with someone (in my case it's Panam) and after all her quests they act like they didn't even meet (there are only three same options to ask and that's it)... It would be nice if they added features like for example your friend or lover can follow you (like doing gigs together ...), then if you do have a partner ... you should be able to kiss her/him ... or even have sex you know.... call for a drink ... some random messages ... and stuff like this...
Also I'd love to know if they actually plan to add features like this in the future.
I hope that some of you might share this idea and maybe answer my quesiton.
THANKS!

Top Bottom