(Spoilers) The use of salt issue

+
(Spoilers) The use of salt issue

Warning Major little spoilers ahead.............now I love the witcher 3, completed it 3 times already and I love the work that most people at CD Projekt Red have done. I say most people because somebody was slacking off, someone was paying less attention at this beast of a game that has made this game go from "perfect" to "not so perfect" in my book. Ok maybe a slight exaggeration on my part but still. Now some of you people may not know this issue and it may have been mentioned before but who knows. It's to do with geralt and his contradiction of the use of salt, someone at CDPR has messed up big time and deserves to be fired and stopped from ruining any more games. Let me give you the run down.

During the quest "Family Matters" where you have to turn a Botchling into a Lubberkin, Geralt tells the Bloody Baron to tell everyone to hide in their homes and put a line of salt down in front of there door in case any wraiths or ghosts show up. Now this is fair enough and you continue on with the game. However when you do the Witcher contract quest "Doors Slamming Shut" later on in the game, in side the house Geralt stumbles across a line of salt at the top of the stairs and his exact words are "Scattered salt......probably to drive ghosts away. Huh, pointless superstition".

Now since I have come across this major tiny error I have been forced to put the Witcher 3 back in its case, bury it at least 6ft underground (so the ghouls don't get it) and wait till this has been fixed. I think we all deserve an explanation from CD Projekt Red for this absurd little mistake.

Oh and one more thing, thank you CD Projekt Red for an absolutely fantastic game and for all the hard work you have done in terms of free DLC, bug fixes and the hard work that you have put into this game. Well done to everyone and I have got more out of this game than any other game I have bought and it has never felt like an endless repetition. Cheers :)

Very simple explaination. Geralt tells the villagers to put salt in front of their doors, even though he knows it does nothing, because they believe it will. And he wants to keep them inside. He's trying to make them feel safe. Later, when he says it's a pointless superstition, there's no one else around. He's just musing to himself.

Very simple explaination. Geralt tells the villagers to put salt in front of their doors, even though he knows it does nothing, because they believe it will. And he wants to keep them inside. He's trying to make them feel safe. Later, when he says it's a pointless superstition, there's no one else around. He's just musing to himself.

But in this Game Geralt is stupid, he can say all and its opposite. Geralt by CDPR.:eredinfacepalm:

Top Bottom