[spoilers] What about a second layer to the endings?

+
Aside one ending we end up with Alt as two constructs. It's clear motivations of it are fishy and that AI just slaughter Arasaka people with their own drones. Arasaka Secure your Soul program was there to collect info and thus power. Alt wants to embed all traped engrams into her which pretty much gives here the info and the power as she see fit. Plus no free will, option to choose what those engrams would do.

I'm kind of surprised there is no second layer to the endings based on who we are and what can we do in that instance:
* A netrunner (say 20/20 Int + perks): could hack alt to either disable her or just take her place as the free AI -> And then based on karma system either assimilate mikoshi engrams or let them do as they see fit. Then like give Johnny the body while V master copy could move beyond Blackwall or sit in a server in the Afterlife, Delamain HQ or go with Aldecaldos, sit in Basilisk or something and work as a super-netrunner. (Blackwall DLC here we come)
* If you did the meditation side quests (and some Cool?) and like start meditating as an engram you will start shaping that environment as you meditate making Alt confused/unable to compute how data can do such thing. This could be pushed to prevent Alt from assimilating engrams and so on...
* If you have like large body stat (20/20) you could take a hit and end up without the death sentence but with a must to leave night city and anything that could remind you about those events (sort of memory wipe but if you start regaining memories the neurons would start becoming hostile). And the karma level could decide if you would be able to leave solo or with Aldecaldos.
* A techie could come up with a variant of a borg transformation maybe? And then karma system would decide if others would reject V-machine or not and by how much.

In short - missing "karma" system + second choice at Alt level. Maybe focus more on digital AI and do a Blackwall/AI related DLC?

Right now i am more worried about lifepaths than the ending. From main story perspective, i take this game as a playable Neuromancer. I am just curious how we may find a cure. The future DLC could have a metro like approach: your behaviour change your outcome and they are not afraid to let you die.

Right now i am more worried about lifepaths than the ending. From main story perspective, i take this game as a playable Neuromancer. I am just curious how we may find a cure. The future DLC could have a metro like approach: your behavior change your outcome and they are not afraid to let you die.

the "cure" could easily have been V's mind being rewritten with V and Johnny. stop further changes and make the brain and memories both. there is no inherent mind and body change in V's body. her DNA is DNA. if johnnys "brian" was dna different he would have a 6 month death sentence too. who "we" are is our bodies plus experiences. So take the body and rewrite memories to be both or a amalgum of both. done. why the FFFFFF should i buy DLC from a company who will make tiny stories where we accomplish nothing - we kill a few people. big deal. every RTS has matches where you shoot people and die and rinse and repeat. make a new person in a DLC expansion and know its all going to shit and they die. F cdpr now. i want my choices to have meaning - i dont want everything fatalistic/deterministic. in W3 she could live in 1 of two ways and "die"/not return. not fatalistic/pre ordained. V is preordained fucked no mater what you do. all choices are pointless. even your romance partner leaves you in a "good" ending.

Top Bottom