[SPOILERS] What's the current state of ARG?

+
Hey,
as mentioned in the title, what is the current state of ARG?

To clarify, I mean these:
- follow up to the Prophet's song quest (Project Oracle commands...)
- statue code (FF:06:B5) - Is it even a thing? I read that it's a code for Magenta, which can mean many things: magenta Isn't it just an ordinary in-game text?
- apparently, Sandra Dorsett had "something more to say"
- ...?

Googling for it I found only Reddit topic saying that ARG is over and that it led to the Xbox advertisement

Is there something more going on?
Are there any ongoing discussions about it?
Is this the end for all of the above-mentioned...ARG clues?

Last edited:
For the statue, I just imagine the one who put this "code" there (maybe a random "code") and who has fun imagining the players racking their brains to try to know :
"What the hell, that could it said ?"

Sound pretty hilarious :D

Hey,
as mentioned in the title, what is the current state of ARG?

To clarify, I mean these:
- follow up to the Prophet's song quest (Project Oracle commands...)
- statue code (FF:06:B5) - Is it even a thing? I read that its a code for Magenta, which can mean many things: >magenta< Isn't it just an ordinary in-game text?
- apparently, Sandra Dorsett had "something more to say"
- ...?

Googling for it I found only >reddit< topic saying that ARG is over and that it led to
xbox advertisement

Is there something more going on?
Are there any ongoing discussions about it?
Is this the end for all of the above mentioned...ARG clues?
i didnt even know this was a thing

arg? wdym?
Edit: ah you mean that paperchase...
Post automatically merged:

(FF:06:B5)

All that I can add is that
FF:06:B5 -> Morse code =
..-. ..-. ---... ----- -.... ---... -... .....
-> binary code =
0010 0010 111000 11111 10000 111000 1000 11111
-> Unicode =
??8??8??

I don't know, maybe an expansion is going to be called Cyberpunk 2088 ?

Last edited:
I just had an idea...

Music theory:
OP55N1 stands for: Chopin, Nocturne in F minor, Op. 55, No. 1.

FF06B5 probably refers to the notes of the soprano / treble-voice / melody,
and their intervals in relation to the key / root, which is F.

Here are the usual notes in an F minor scale:
f, g, a-flat, b-flat, c, d-flat, e-flat (or e), f.
The intervals for each note from this scale in relation to F are:
1, 2, minor 3, 4, 5, minor 6, minor 7 (or major 7), 8.

A scale is often seen horizontally, like keys on a piano from left to right. But there's also a vertical "scale" to it: The intervals of each note in relation to the key. The melody in Op. 55, No. 1 starts with c, but the key is F. Since the audio frequencies of the note f are physically related to c, you could also start the tune with f in the melody instead of c. I bet your neighbours wouldn't notice. The second note is a clean octave of the root, so it's an f, too. The chord on the third beat is a diminished chord, which is basically a dominant chord without its base note. The chord symbol for a diminished chord is "o". In this case, it's G°, ("g-diminished") [which is based on E♭7 ("e-flat-seven")]. The melody continues with d-flat which is the sixth step in the F minor scale. So far we got (f)fo6 = FF;06.

The next bar we have the notes c and one natural b which quickly resolves in c again. The c is the fifth step in our scale, aka the quint. The perfect fourth in this scale would be b-flat. But since the b from the melody is one half step higher, you would call it an augmented fourth, because it resolves in the quint again. The enharmonic equivalent of an augmented fourth is the diminished fifth/quint, in other words, flat 5, or: ♭5 = B5. However, augmented fourth, or #4 / #11 would be the correct description. On paper, it looks like a natural b (♮b).

[TL;DR] So that's what makes the CODE:
F: root ; F: melody ; 0: chord symbol ; 6: interval (♭6) ; B5: interval (#4)

Score: https://i.redd.it/ey7a1zxs51a61.jpg

• enharmonic equivalent: if put out of context the note would sounds the same as the original.
  • small letters:
    • single notes, e.g.: "f" or f-sharp, or f#
    • intervals, e.g.: ♭3, augmented 4, #4 / #11
  • capital letters:
    • Key or Chords, e.g. "F-minor" or "A♭ major"
    • Parts of the codes
  • fifth = quint
  • key = root
  • in case you're german:
    • b♭ = b
    • b = h

Score:
FF06B5_ey7a1zxs51a61.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry 🤪
It's basically Solfège but with numbers. Sol = 5 / fifth / quint ...
Yep, I did solfège in theory... I think... but it was... I wouldn't dare say it. So you could have written the worst bullshit though it would be impossible for me to contradict you :D

Edit :
So yeah, if what you write after is right that's could make sense. But I can't confirm that or not :)

Last edited:
I don't understand anything you say except that the characters are most probably chords :D
chords... scales... it's all the same ;)
If so, would they be usable in the game?
Not sure. Maybe it leads to the question: Is V's reality diminished or augmented? ( if V = 5 )
There are definitely a lot of music references in the game, but where would this concrete find lead to?
Good question... I have no idea. I tried to play the piano in-game but there's no interaction possible.

EDIT: I made a few corrections and added the score from the Tarot tutorial. FF06B5_ey7a1zxs51a61.jpg

Yep, I did solfège in theory... I think... but it was... I wouldn't dare say it. So you could have written the worst bullshit though it would be impossible for me to contradict you :D

Edit :
So yeah, if what you write after is right that's could make sense. But I can't confirm that or not :)
It's difficult for me too. Music theory is a challenging but hopeless attempt to adequately describe music. There is always a lack of detail, and it often misses the point. It's far worse than math.

Last edited:
Hey,
I was trying to figure it out and ended with the following:

At least the chip obtained via finishing Garry, the Prophet's quest is "encrypted" just via Unicode hex characters.
I assume, that all of the chips work like that.

The encrypted part can be found here: https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Destroy_After_Reading
You can decode it to get:
Phosphor radiates, occluding jaded eyes. Co`e titan.
Outward ring avian choruses looping eternity.
Cages of `en `elt as night descends.
Emerge Xelhua. Erect Cholula ueder these expaeses.
Puppets lie awace. Never sleeping.
Seems like they were translating it manually and made some mistakes.

Anyway, the point is that each character is represented as a pair of hex characters.
If you apply this encoding to the FF:06:B5 code, you get:
ÿ ACK µ
Codes for the characters:
FF
B5

So, assuming that this is correct, the text may be interpreted as:
I acknowledge you

My conclusion is that maybe V needs to do something to please the statues to acknowledge him.
And as far as I know, two of the statues already acknowledge V for some reason.
It can be worth mentioning that both of the statues are near Arasaka buildings.

However, I don't remember the count of the statues and their locations, and what they could possibly want to acknowledge V?
Are they somehow connected to the (main) story?

Last edited:
What's the status of this?
I read that the page was found via a domain scan before it was supposed to be found, and no one managed to log in yet.

Do you know what is the last ARG clue and where can it be found?
No one ever found any tips.

I discovered two magenta-coloured terminals. Are they unique or are there more of them?

Magenta_Terminal_!_3.png

I also came across this website: NASA's Magenta Mystery
The JG rings in CP2077 might be referring to GJ 504b? The exoplanet and its parent star are located in constellation Virgo,
which is one of the clients zodiac signs in the Shard Horoscopes: Storyteller Group. Maybe there's a certain path that we have to take in order to unlock something?

I have to go see that right now :D

So I'm in front of it (it's where you encounter the Peralez for the first time during "I fought the Law"), and it's really a strange thing :(
When you scan it, you can't do anything with it. Normally you can at minimum, "distract enemies", even if the keypad is "disabled" or "non-functional".
And more strange, it looks like a kind of image (texture), because it only appears when you approach.

Last edited:
Top Bottom