[Spoilers] What's the lore beyond the (main) story and do choices matter?

+
Hey,
I would like to discuss two topics here:
  • What's the whole V's end-to-end story?
  • Do choices and actions done by V (during the main story) have some bigger consequences? That is, endings excluded.

Questions for the first point could be:
  • Why did Saburo soul-kill Johny? What would be the use of the engram anyway?
  • Did both Vodoo boys and Netwatch want the relic to contact Alt? If so, why? Because of something with the blackwall?
  • Why did Takemura kill Dex and why he was helping V all the time?
  • Why did Anders Hellman help V on multiple occasions?
  • What did Alt want to merge the souls from Mikoshi with her for? Why didn't she just let them go?
  • ...?
And the second point stuff like:
  • Does Garry the Prophet's quest lead anywhere?
  • Do the timed option to unplug the cable from Evelyn's head, the secondary questions, and touching her have any consequences?
  • Does telling River to close/reopen the case have any consequences?
  • Is there anything more with the killer from Paralez's BD? Can he be "figured" out? What's with the tune?
  • What's with the tarot and the being from another...plane or whatever? is there more to it?
  • Does (not) smoking have any consequences?
  • ...?

Recently I also noticed that quite many dialogues change - most probably based on reading some shards before.
E.g.: While discussing the heist with Evelyn in the booth, she will say that V is "well informed" if you read some shards about Yorinobu, the relic,...and state the facts during the dialogue.

With such questions, I want to discuss some of the dead ends, the lore, the motives, and the hidden and yet undiscovered truths or speculations.
Feel free to add your own :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom