[Spoilers] What's your Opinion on Blood and Wine?

+
for me it was the beginning in novigrad with dijkstra. yes vampire was easier and the parry was needed in his strong attack. Olgierd was so strong like a boss from nioh but after playing nioh i think he would be easier. Every boss has a pattern like in rockman. There is one small difference. In rockman bosses could touch you and half your life goes bybye. Also some attacks couldn't be avoided. Toad boss battle had crazy poison. Who would have guessed? Blood and wine i liked really much. The world and the palace were from a disney movie , so good!

i wouldn't like geralt to have a farm because witcher is no story of seasons. It sounds funny but is not trust me story of seasons is like real farming, hard tedious work and iorveth and others from W2 were scrapped thats true.

Oriana feeding on the small one was a no go. Would have liked to give her a lesson and feed on adults. The two farms reminded me of the first clint eastwood movie.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed it, but I have issues with the three days gap before "The Night of Long Fangs", I can't shake off the feeling that the deadline was close so they had to cut it short; also, I didn't really like Dettlaff and Annarietta doing a 180 after finding Syanna. I really did like the setting and landscape though, it reminded me of my Italy so I was in awe the first time I saw Toussaint!

Last edited:
I've heard so much about this DLC. It started strong and the NPCs were much more interesting than what I've experienced before. But at the climax of the story, you get lost in an episode of ABC's Once Upon a TIme. The city is burning, hundreds of humans are dying and you are literally questing for magic beans. It's kind of like your watching The Empire Strikes Back and right before the fight with Vader and Luke, you have to watch an episode of the Smurfs. It's jarring.

I can't believe this is what passes for quality gaming.

The setting and side quests are amazing. I much free roaming here than anywhere else.

The main story was good, but I feel they could have made it better with a couple of changes.

This thread is dedicated to expressing your opinion and giving feedback on the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's second expansion, Blood and Wine.

I've played a little over four hours thus far. I like the story (I'm still fairly early in the main quest). I love the characters I have met so far.
Where I just left off - Regis's conversation with Geralt in the graveyard over drinks - was particularly great.

But my favorite thing thus far has been the setting. Toussaint and Beauclair are both beautiful. I think Beauclair is even more impressive than Novigrad personally.

So let me know your thoughts about Blood and Wine.

B&W was great. Obvious points are the story, setting, definitely captivating.

Conflicted on them bringing Regis back from the dead and disagree with their theory that higher vampires can't be killed (because all organic, non-magic, material can be destroyed), but I enjoyed the character Regis.

The final boss battle was very... eh. But the story was pretty damn good. Only a couple parts to the end that I was like, yeah that's silly.
Post automatically merged:

how long took you to complete? did you do all side quests, question marks, conrtacts, etc? or only main quest?

I just recently went back and finished the rest of B&W. Not a single quest left in the game but I've had it since the night it was released lol...

Took me a while to complete.

I recently completed blood and wine and to me, the best thing about it was how pretty the new land was. The visual designs were really breathtaking, and that's saying something, since the original witcher itself was quite beautiful. The artists who worked on it did stellar work. However I have to say the quests themselves weren't really interesting, with the exception of the entire Regis storyline and the main quest. The majority of side quests felt like filler,eg. go into this cave and kill a monster, kill a group of bandits and free the land, etc. Plenty of monster caches and hidden treasures made the area fell big, but shallow. Not unlike the hidden caches of Skellige (thank god, that there were no sirens here though! ). I did not like the fairytale area either but the sister character was pretty cool. I loved that we finally got a home, and that yennefer joined us at the end, but the dialogue between them sounded like bad fanfiction. Some of the new books and letters littered around the world were well written and interesting, but I don't play video games to read (usually). Compared to the Hearts of Stone DLC, it felt a lot bigger but I found myself more bored and anxious to finish it. The hearts of stone dlc was smaller, more linear but fascinating, and each quest quite engaging, something never done before in witcher-land. I absolutely adored dead man's party for instance, there's nothing comparable in blood and wine. I think the devs got a bit burned out by the time they were working on blood and wine, and I'm not surprised they decided not to do anymore dlcs after it. Anyway, overall I did enjoy it and I think that it is certainly worth a playthrough, but compared to the amazing hearts of stone dlc and the main witcher game, it falls a bit short.

This thread is dedicated to expressing your opinion and giving feedback on the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's second expansion, Blood and Wine.

I've played a little over four hours thus far. I like the story (I'm still fairly early in the main quest). I love the characters I have met so far.
Where I just left off - Regis's conversation with Geralt in the graveyard over drinks - was particularly great.

But my favorite thing thus far has been the setting. Toussaint and Beauclair are both beautiful. I think Beauclair is even more impressive than Novigrad personally.

So let me know your thoughts about Blood and Wine.
I really hope if they remaster this game they add all the cut content and add things like companion activities you could do with at corvi bianco. Also make so ciri also shows up with yen or triss depending on who you romance to corvo if she is alive that is.

With ciri we could do contracts and train and unique daily and weekly quests to do with her.

With yen or triss we could have date nights and have fun in the bedroom. They could also add unique daily and weekly quests to do with them.

Overall we could bring guests over to have dinner and chat about thing like Zoltan, eskel, lamber and everyone I did not mention.

Top Bottom